You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : I'm confused. Limp2Lose is my son, your match is against IrishRose. :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Don't think I've had a sex change and been adopted all in the same week?  ;)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Don't think I've had a sex change and been adopted all in the same week?  ;)
    Posted by IrishRose
    hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • edited October 2016
    Lol - what a wally am I !

My only excuse is a very long day at work !

Apologies.

I should be about Thurs evening if that works for you Rose?

Off to bed to get some needed sleep

Tired Monkey 

• edited October 2016
    Just had telephone call from number one son.

It went like this.

LIMP2LOSE:

"Dad, I just got a msg in chat from MonkeyGLB, about playing my heads up match. Thought I told you I didn't want to enter it"

STAYORGO:

"I didn't enter you in it"

LIMP2LOSE:

"So why does MonkeyGLB think we have to play each other"

STAYORGO:

Cos he thinks you are IrishRose in disguise!"

LIMP2LOSE:

"What, where did he get that from"

STAYORGO:

"No idea son! lol"

LIMP2LOSE:

"LOL, well wish them both the best of luck anyway. Will Monkey be able to find the right table OK? :=)"

--------------------

CLASSIC!
  • edited October 2016
    STAYORGO: Cos he thinks you are IrishRose in disguise!" "
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Your poor son - I couldn't think of a worse insult to him even if I pondered for a month :)  

As for Thursday Gary - it's a date!!   Just hope you're ready to donate your next £40 to the pot as it's 4 games you only need to win this week :)
  • edited October 2016
    Rose

Are you still on for tonight - shall I suggest 8:30 ???

Let me know ...

Gary 
  • edited October 2016
    Rose Are you still on for tonight - shall I suggest 8:30 ??? Let me know ... Gary 
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

I know Rose works quite late, but she should be back by 8.30pm, so I'm sure she will reply as soon as she gets in.

GL both!

G
  • edited October 2016
    She said 8.30 to me when she phoned me earlier. 
  • edited October 2016
    She said 8.30 to me when she phoned me earlier. 
  • edited October 2016
    Rose Are you still on for tonight - shall I suggest 8:30 ??? Let me know ... Gary 
    Posted by MonkeyGLB
    8.30pm should be great please (well that way I keep hold of my title as "semi-finalist" a little bit longer before you evict me lol.

See you then xx
  • edited October 2016
    Great games Monkey - you had a much deserved 4 - 1 win.

Best of luck in the final.

Great games StayorGo - thanks for the work you put into these xxx
  • edited October 2016
    ty Rose - was good fun to play

I did have the rub of the cards - just hope it stays for 1 more match

Another £40 to the prize pool as well

Looking forward to the final :)

Gary
  • edited October 2016
    ty Rose - was good fun to play I did have the rub of the cards - just hope it stays for 1 more match  Another £40 to the prize pool as well Looking forward to the final :) Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

UL Rose, what a great run though, and congratulations on winning the Ladies "Last Longer" trophy and also £50 for your chosen charity!

Congratulations Gary and thanks again for the extra donations.

Thanks to your extra donations, we have been able to give the losing semi-finalist's charities £50 each, and currently have £350 left in the prize pool for 1st and 2nd.

My proposal is to award the winning charity £210 and the runner up £140.

May I suggest Gary, that any additional donations you make for games won in the final, go to your charity regardless of whether you win or lose.

This seems the right thing to do, as you have kindly donated so much.

Best of luck to you and AJ in the final. Is there any chance that you guys can play it this weekend?

Remember it's BEST OF NINE (So first to five, but must win by two clear games.) If by some chance it gets to 9-9 then it becomes sudden death.

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    This weekend may be able to do Sunday night. It's the daughters birthday but she will be down at 8pm.

AJ .... how does 8:30 sound on Sunday ???

If not can do most evenings next week .....

Good luck 

Gary aka The Monkey
  • edited October 2016
    Unlucky rose but really well played throughout it all. Congratulations to monkeyglb and aj for getting to the final. Good luck when you do play and hope I can rail to see the champion. 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. WE HAVE OUR FINALISTS. CONGRATS AJMILTON AND MONKEYGLB AND GL!:
    This weekend may be able to do Sunday night. It's the daughters birthday but she will be down at 8pm. AJ .... how does 8:30 sound on Sunday ??? If not can do most evenings next week ..... Good luck  Gary aka The Monkey
    Posted by MonkeyGLB
    Sunday at 8.30pm will be ok with me Monkey lad,
    If the birthday bash goes over schedule don't worry,
    It would be good to get it all done for this w/end  
    If not, any night next week wll be fine.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you, 
    for your additional donation to the charity prize pool
    An added £10 for every game you win.
    Very generous of you, Monkey lad, so thank you

The good news is that, emeraldrose, and fishmatt,
    both got an £50 for there charity's, thanks to your generosity.

But the good news does'nt end there Monkey lad.
    The final is best of 9 games,
    so as soon as i get to 5 it's all over.
    Which means it'll only cost you £5.25 
    You see Monkey lad, what I'm saying is, 
    you wont have to cough up any more £10 notes for wins

See you Sunday Monkeyboy
    Game on.

Regards Alan (plo8 super champ)

• edited October 2016
    I like the confidence but I have already put aside the additional £50 for the final and also made plans for after our match @ 9:15!! Assumed that would be about right :-p 

Best of luck though in the final and looking forward to it

MonkeyGLB (nearly charity HU champ 2016!)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. WE HAVE OUR FINALISTS. CONGRATS AJMILTON AND MONKEYGLB AND GL!:
    I like the confidence but I have already put aside the additional £50 for the final and also made plans for after our match @ 9:15!! Assumed that would be about right :-p  Best of luck though in the final and looking forward to it MonkeyGLB (nearly charity HU champ 2016!)
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Very best of luck to you both.

Outstanding effort by the pair of you to get this far.

Both your names/alias's will be engraved on the trophy as it is engraved with the winner's name, along with the score and alias of the opponent in the final.

For example: PLAYER_A beat ALIAS_B 5-3

But of course there can only be one victor!

GL GL!

• edited October 2016
    Can't wait for this gl to both but sorry monkey I think AJ will do the ploppers proud and he has a proven track record on the big stage BE AFRAID !
    edit p.s I would like to donate £10 to the winners charity if they tell me how to go about it 
  • edited October 2016
                              HU Charity Final Tonight 8.30pm

The Monkey v the chimp

**A match not to be missed**

Why not come on the rail,
    and cheer on or even  bok, or mock, your fav player.
    It should be a very entertaining game,
    with good banter from both sides

Of course as Graham mention in an earlier post,
    There can only be one victor
    (so early commiserations to monkey lad)
    who will you be rooting for, the Monkey or the Chimp.
    See you there don't be late.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ, ukops plo8 champ, future charity hu champ)

** Please note I have used the word chimp instead of champ
    because there is a very old bloke that i play against in plo8
    and quite often he will type  in the chat box "Hi Chimp"  
    instead of champ, obv's a typo on his part 
    but I didn't want to confuse the old guy, 
    just incase, he reads the thread.

• edited October 2016
    AJ

Am here and ready for action :)

GL

Monkey
  • edited October 2016
    Match started 
  • edited October 2016
    What a game for the final - the initial score didn't do the match justice, then the comeback started .... very well played AJ, it was quite the battle ....

However the Monkey climbed to the top of the tree and got his Bananas :)

Thanks to Graham for organising and to the railers that have made this tourney so much fun.

Now onto the Ryder Cup where the Southerners will have to teach those Northerners a lesson or two !!!!

Graham - I make my final donation for the HU tourney £160. I think £50 each for semi's, £40 extra for winner and extra £20 for Runner Up - hope that's ok ...

Thanks again all - off to celebrate

Champion Monkey :)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. WE HAVE OUR FINALISTS. MATCH TONIGHT AT 8.30PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RAIL. CONGRATS AJMILTON AND MONKEYGLB AND GL!:
    What a game for the final - the initial score didn't do the match justice, then the comeback started .... very well played AJ, it was quite the battle .... However the Monkey climbed to the top of the tree and got his Bananas :) Thanks to Graham for organising and to the railers that have made this tourney so much fun. Now onto the Ryder Cup where the Southerners will have to teach those Northerners a lesson or two !!!! Graham - I make my final donation for the HU tourney £160. I think £50 each for semi's, £40 extra for winner and extra £20 for Runner Up - hope that's ok ... Thanks again all - off to celebrate Champion Monkey :)
    Posted by MonkeyGLB
    very well played monkey ive no doubt that AJ was under the weather as promised i would like to donate £10 to your charity how do i go about this
  • edited October 2016
    Great game Gary, very well played 
    MonkeyGLB 5...  ajmilton 3

I didn't feel out of my depth in this game,
    Just that Monkey was one step ahead of me most of the way 
    after going 4-0 down ..tried to make a gallant come back.
    but  monkey boy had the rub on me.

I bare no grudge on Gary for winning this 
    he played really well, 
    and deserved the win (the 2-card fluking luckbox)
    Oh, I will get my revenge in the Ryder cup hu comp.

Big thanks to Graham for organising this comp.
    It's been great fun, which is what poker is all about, right ?
    Some great charity's have benefited, from this bit of poker fun.

At least i got my name on the trophy.
    albeit sat in Monkey lads trophy cabinet
    but my question is, 
    what do i do with the trophy cabinet i bought? 
    I can't send it back, I've already painted it in Sky poker colours.

Oh, i just had a thought.
    UKOPS is coming up, maybe i can win a bracelet 
    for the plo8 tourney (i won it last ukops you know)

Regards Alan (plo8 champ, ukops plo8 champ, not the hu charity champ)

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. WE HAVE OUR FINALISTS. MATCH TONIGHT AT 8.30PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RAIL. CONGRATS AJMILTON AND MONKEYGLB AND GL!:
    What a game for the final - the initial score didn't do the match justice, then the comeback started .... very well played AJ, it was quite the battle .... However the Monkey climbed to the top of the tree and got his Bananas :) Thanks to Graham for organising and to the railers that have made this tourney so much fun. Now onto the Ryder Cup where the Southerners will have to teach those Northerners a lesson or two !!!! Graham - I make my final donation for the HU tourney £160. I think £50 each for semi's, £40 extra for winner and extra £20 for Runner Up - hope that's ok ... Thanks again all - off to celebrate Champion Monkey :)
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Congratulations Gary, very well played.

As always it takes two players to make a great final, and after being 4-0 down, AJ must have scared the life out of you getting it back to 4-3. Very well played AJ lad, you talked the talk, but you very nearly walked the walk too.

It was great friendly banter all the way through and it's been a pleasure to have you both involved.

Thanks so much Gary for the extra donations.

I make your Heads Up donations £30 + £30 + £30 + £40 + £50 = £180. Is that OK?

I said earlier in the thread that I thought all the donations from today's match should go to your own charity. So in the kitty we have £320 + £180 + £10 (thanks weecheez1) = £510

So this would work out as follows:

1st: MonkeyGLB -  £270 - Chestnut Tree House (WINS THE "TIM CARTER HEADS UP CUP")
    2nd: ajmilton     -  £140 - MacMillan Cancer Support (WINS AN EMPTY CABINET :=))
    3rd: mattprawn  -  £50  -  NSPCC
    3rd: IrishRose    -  £50  -  Royal Trinity Hospice (WINS OF THE LADIES "LAST LONGER" TROPHY)        

Is this all right with you Monkey?

Regarding the donations and payments to the charities, all this will be done in January 2017 in conjunction with the other TLB2016 stuff. So hold fire until then. I will give people all the details they need nearer the time.

I would once again like to thank all involved in making this heads up comp such fun to arrange. I think it is quite fitting that MonkeyGLB won the competiton (sorry AJ), as he has clearly been very generous throughout. It's nice to see good karma in action! :=)

Also, I am so happy that IrishRose won the Ladies last longer trophy, she had a great run all the way to the semi final! Again Rose has always been such a great supporter of this, and she is loved by one and all on Sky. So congrats and thanks for all the support Rose!

I'd also like to thank the Sky Pundits, TK, Neil, Rich and Ian who, despite their busy schedules supported this initiative and also donated very generously.

See you next year!

All the best :=)

Graham

• edited October 2016
    Yes Graham you are absolutely right at £180 and of course that is ok. 

I now need to buy a trophy cabinet, heard that one was put on eBay last night ... will check that out!!

And congrats to Rose for her trophy.

Looking at the payouts ALL the players that signed up for this charity league and its supporters should be very proud, some great charities are getting some much needed support. Well Done All

Gary
  • edited October 2016
    Well done Gary and we'll played aj was a great game. Enjoyed playing it thanks graham. 
  • edited October 2016

Fabulous stuff by all concerned, & a big "thank you" to Graham for all his hard work in organising this again.

Many congrats to MonkeyBoy, Mattprawn, IrishRose, & The Chimp.

• edited October 2016
                                HU Charity Final Tonight 8.30pm                                   The Monkey v the chimp                                  **A match not to be missed**   Why not come on the rail, and cheer on or even  bok, or mock, your fav player. It should be a very entertaining game, with good banter from both sides Of course as Graham mention in an earlier post, There can only be one victor (so early commiserations to monkey lad) who will you be rooting for, the Monkey or the Chimp. See you there don't be late. Regards Alan (plo8 champ, ukops plo8 champ, future charity hu champ) ** Please note I have used the word chimp instead of champ because there is a very old bloke that i play against in plo8 and quite often he will type  in the chat box "Hi Chimp"   instead of champ, obv's a typo on his part  but I didn't want to confuse the old guy,  just incase, he reads the thread.   
    Posted by ajmilton
    Tell me his name & I'll have a word AJ. That's just disrespectful.

PS - Was it EssexPhil?