You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!

Comments

• edited September 2016

have I missed the info on where to pay the money into, if so please advise, thanks ned

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY:
    have I missed the info on where to pay the money into, if so please advise, thanks ned
    Posted by ned17
     Hi Ned, Money is not due until January
    Sit tight Graham will advise in due course 

Regards Alan ( plo8 champ)

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY : Excellent see you then 
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Looking forward to this one. 7PM today it is! GL both. See you on the rail.

FYI, the much anticipated semi-final draw will be made as soon as this match concludes.

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Gary and all.

I just got a message from FeelGroggy.

He's really sorry, but he needs to cancel today, but will be available tomorrow.

Gary, I suggest you reschedule for tomorrow if you are still available then.

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Gary and all. I just got a message from FeelGroggy. He's really sorry, but he needs to cancel today, but will be available tomorrow. Gary, I suggest you reschedule for tomorrow if you are still available then. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    No worries, tomorrow is fine ..... same time 7pm unless we hear different 

Gary
  • edited September 2016
    I can now play if about!
  • edited September 2016
    I'll reg some £1 speeds for a bit and see  if you join one!
  • edited September 2016
    Monkey, if you post on here will tell danny that your ready to start that way will be able to get the match going tonight.
  • edited September 2016
    Looks like this match is probably going to be played tomorrow now.

However, I am going to make the semi-final draw at 9pm tonight, as I don't think DarkAngel can bear the suspense any longer.

:=)
  • edited September 2016
    Looks like this match is probably going to be played tomorrow now. However, I am going to make the semi-final draw at 9pm tonight, as I don't think DarkAngel can bear the suspense any longer. :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    No I can't, already threatened Danny for being late and maybe having to play it tomorrow lol
  • edited September 2016
    Check back here at 9pm on the dot, the draw will be posted! :=)
  • edited September 2016
    Me and Monkey are playing now
  • edited September 2016
    MONKEYGLB V FEELGROGGY GAME ON
  • edited September 2016

N1. GL both.

Semi Final draw has been made!
  • edited September 2016
    Well played Monkey great comeback
  • edited September 2016
    Wow, what a game! Unlucky Groggy

Daughter screaming on the stairs in the final match was a challenge but maybe she is good luck!

Now up to £90 donation - proving a pricey run of form!

Now the semi's where I feel I will be second to the support from the rail!

One chuffed Monkey 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    Wow, what a game! Unlucky Groggy Daughter screaming on the stairs in the final match was a challenge but maybe she is good luck! Now up to £90 donation - proving a pricey run of form! Now the semi's where I feel I will be second to the support from the rail! One chuffed Monkey 
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

UL Danny, but great comeback Gary, well played!

I forgot about your heads up pledge.

Was it £10 per heads up match you win, on top of the pledges you made as a competitor?

Nice one, and all the best for the semi final.

Players, please note:

*** THE SEMI FINAL MATCHES ARE BEST OF SEVEN. ***

Semi Final winners will guarantee £120 for their chosen charity, with the overall winner's charity getting £200

GL Matt, Rose, Gary and AJ!
  • edited September 2016

Hello Mr AJ, looking forward to the semi final.  Let me know how you're fixed for our game.

I can usually do most nights, so long as after 7pm.

Cheers

Matt (Prawn08 champ)

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : UL Danny, but great comeback Gary, well played! I forgot about your heads up pledge. Was it £10 per heads up match you win, on top of the pledges you made as a competitor? Nice one, and all the best for the semi final. Players, please note: *** THE SEMI FINAL MATCHES ARE BEST OF SEVEN. *** Semi Final winners will guarantee £120 for their chosen charity, with the overall winner's charity getting £200 GL Matt, Rose, Gary and AJ!
    Posted by StayOrGo

Yes Graham - I made the pledge of £10 per HU match won .... obviously didnt expect to run this good :) - but its all going to good causes.

Whatever this additional pledge becomes, I think it should be split between the winner and runner up of the Heads Up challenge.

Good luck everyone in the semi's

Gary
  • edited September 2016
    Rose

I am away tomorrow night but available most evenings. Let me know good and bad days/times and we can make a date :)

Looking forward to it

Gary (the Monkey one)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Yes Graham - I made the pledge of £10 per HU match won .... obviously didnt expect to run this good :) - but its all going to good causes. Whatever this additional pledge becomes, I think it should be split between the winner and runner up of the Heads Up challenge. Good luck everyone in the semi's Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Many thanks for this Gary.

I will add it to the Heads Up prize pool, for the winner and runner up's charities, as you suggested.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Graham

• edited September 2016
    Hi all.

Many thanks for all the support so far.

If there is anyone out there who hasn't sponsored yet, that would like to follow in the footsteps of MonkeyGLB and make a donation specifically to be added to the Heads Up prize pool, it would be very welcome.

Please post here if you would like to do so.

The Heads Up Semi Finalists and their charities are:

MonkeyGLB - Chestnut Tree House
    mattprawn -  NSPCC
    IrishRose   -  Royal Trinity Hospice
    ajmilton     -  MacMillan Cancer Support

At the moment, including MonkeyGLB's additional £30 pledge, there is £350 allocated specifically for the heads up prize pool.

Many thanks, once again for all the support!

Cheers,

G

• edited September 2016
    Hi all. Many thanks for all the support so far. If there is anyone out there who hasn't sponsored yet, that would like to follow in the footsteps of MonkeyGLB and make a donation specifically to be added to the Heads Up prize pool, it would be very welcome. Please post here if you would like to do so. The Heads Up Semi Finalists and their charities are: MonkeyGLB - Chestnut Tree House mattprawn -  NSPCC IrishRose   -  Royal Trinity Hospice ajmilton     -  MacMillan Cancer Support At the moment, including MonkeyGLB's additional £30 pledge, there is £350 allocated specifically for the heads up prize pool. Many thanks, once again for all the support! Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham

My donation is £10 for every game won. My current donation to the Heads Up tournament is at £90. Hopefully with more to come!

Good luck to all semi finalists

Gary
  • edited September 2016
    Rose I am away tomorrow night but available most evenings. Let me know good and bad days/times and we can make a date :) Looking forward to it Gary (the Monkey one)
    Posted by MonkeyGLB
    Hi Gary

I was late in tonight or would have fancied getting it over and done with lol.  I'm online til around 11pm if any use to you - or any night this week after 8.30pm.
  • edited September 2016
    Good luck all.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Hi Graham My donation is £10 for every game won. My current donation to the Heads Up tournament is at £90. Hopefully with more to come! Good luck to all semi finalists Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Hi Gary.

EVERY GAME WON, WOW!

I assumed it was for every MATCH won. Making it £30 for the heads up and £50 for the TLB pledge, plus £10 so far for tournament wins pledge. (Total £90)

So is it £90 for the heads up and still £60 for the other two. So £150 in total at the moment?

If that is correct then it is VERY generous of you indeed. TY so much!

If I have understood this correctly, then it makes the total prize pool for the Heads Up charities £410 atm.

I do have to warn you that the semi final is best of seven, and the final is best of nine (must win by two clear games in final only)

So it could get pricey, but it's fine if you want to put a cap on it.

Thanks again for your overwhelming generosity Gary!

Cheers

Graham

P.S. Gary. As you are donating so much to the heads up prize pool, I will let you decide if you think the charities of the losing semi finalists should get anything, or just the winner and runner up. We could perhaps do, say £50 to each of the charities of the losing semi finalists. Up to you. What do you think?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Hi Gary. EVERY GAME WON, WOW! I assumed it was for every MATCH won. Making it £30 for the heads up and £50 for the TLB pledge, plus £10 so far for tournament wins pledge. (Total £90) So is it £90 for the heads up and still £60 for the other two. So £150 in total at the moment? If that is correct then it is VERY generous of you indeed. TY so much! If I have understood this correctly, then it makes the total prize pool for the Heads Up charities £410 atm. I do have to warn you that the semi final is best of seven, and the final is best of nine (must win by two clear games in final only) So it could get pricey, but it's fine if you want to put a cap on it. Thanks again for your overwhelming generosity Gary! Cheers Graham P.S. Gary. As you are donating so much to the heads up prize pool, I will let you decide if you think the charities of the losing semi finalists should get anything, or just the winner and runner up. We could perhaps do, say £50 to each of the charities of the losing semi finalists. Up to you. What do you think?
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham 

Yes, my actual pledge was £10 for every game won - but look, this is for great causes and happy to donate. I know it may prove expensive but playing with some SKY friends in a fun environment is worth it and lets face it, if I took it down, it would be worth every penny :)

I like the idea of spreading the prizes - lets see the final HU charity prize pool and see if we can get a donation to those losing semi finalists ....

Gary
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Hi Graham  Yes, my actual pledge was £10 for every game won - but look, this is for great causes and happy to donate. I know it may prove expensive but playing with some SKY friends in a fun environment is worth it and lets face it, if I took it down, it would be worth every penny :) I like the idea of spreading the prizes - lets see the final HU charity prize pool and see if we can get a donation to those losing semi finalists .... Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Many thanks Gary.

I thought it might be an idea if we allocated £50 to each losing semi finalist before you guys play your matches.

Worst case scenario, if you lost 4-0 (I'm sure that won't happen), then we'd still have £200 for the winner's charity and £110 for the runner up. If you do win more games, we can allocate your extra donations between first and second.

What do you think? Up to you. I just thought it would be nice to know before the semi finals are played.

All the best, and thanks again!

Cheers,

G

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Many thanks Gary. I thought it might be an idea if we allocated £50 to each losing semi finalist before you guys play your matches. Worst case scenario, if you lost 4-0 (I'm sure that won't happen), then we'd still have £200 for the winner's charity and £110 for the runner up. If you do win more games, we can allocate your extra donations between first and second. What do you think? Up to you. I just thought it would be nice to know before the semi finals are played. All the best, and thanks again! Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Sounds like and excellent plan ....

Gary
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Sounds like and excellent plan .... Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Great! I'm sure the other semi finalists will be very happy that they have each already secured at least £50 for their respective charities.

Thanks again for your generosity.

G