You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!

1101112131416»

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!:
    Yes Graham you are absolutely right at £180 and of course that is ok.  I now need to buy a trophy cabinet, heard that one was put on eBay last night ... will check that out!! And congrats to Rose for her trophy. Looking at the payouts ALL the players that signed up for this charity league and its supporters should be very proud, some great charities are getting some much needed support. Well Done All Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Thanks Gary.

I've heard the cabinet on Ebay is damaged and has Stella spilt all over it, but you might get it at a decent price, and apparently it is designed specifically for a trophy the size of the heads up cup.

Some Northern lad's getting rid of it, as he has no use for it any more. Said something about a dodgy river, but Amazon wouldn't take it back. :=)

The £510 pledged for the heads up comp forms part of £3,600 that has been pledged so far for the whole TLB2016 initiative.

A great total I'm sure you'd agree, thanks to the generous sponsorship of those like yourself.

The trophies will be engraved in January 2017 and I will get it to you somehow. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to meet up at a live poker tournament. (UKPC perhaps)

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!:
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL! : Thanks Gary. I've heard the cabinet on Ebay is damaged and has Stella spilt all over it, but you might get it at a decent price, and apparently it is designed specifically for a trophy the size of the heads up cup. Some Northern lad's getting rid of it, as he has no use for it any more. Said something about a dodgy river, but Amazon wouldn't take it back. :=) The £510 pledged for the heads up comp forms part of £3,600 that has been pledged so far for the whole TLB2016 initiative. A great total I'm sure you'd agree, thanks to the generous sponsorship of those like yourself. The trophies will be engraved in January 2017 and I will get it to you somehow. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to meet up at a live poker tournament. (UKPC perhaps) Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I am sure there will be an live event were our paths will cross. A fantastic total so far and can only get bigger :)

Gary
  • edited October 2016
    Many congratulations to Mr Monkey for the win.  Very well played.  Your extra donations were much appreciated and my charity will, I'm sure, be very grateful.

Unlucky AJ, great effort in getting so deep.   Upcoming UKOPs must surely give you chance to get back to winning ways, if only in one of those dodgy four card games*

Graham - fantastic effort in organising this.  Let's hope the Ryder cup proves as successful.

Cheers

Matt

* Anyone seen that Barclays advert based on their support for a  "Walking Football" team?  Walking football is apparently the game you play when your knees have gone and you no longer have the energy or skills to play proper football.  Made me think of PL08 for some reason.