You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Extra Place Races

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Decent start, 2nd and 3rd and Marcano gave Commodity a very close run.

Also had a 2nd by a short distance to a favourite with Safira Manini in the 3.30 with my free bet which I backed ew. Not sure whether going ew at 7/1 is the best use of a free bet but still returned £4.38 for nothing so not complaining.

Also realised that my Donny bets were of course on the turf in the flat season so not my debut.
  • edited April 2017
    Probably swerving today, 4.10 Pontefract.

3 withdrawals mean 4 places for 12 runners is the good news but it is not the best shape book, no short price favourite and no rank outsiders either and it seems a very competitve handicap.

• edited April 2017
    Just Hiss, looks fair value for me
  • edited April 2017
    I thought that too Jordz, but I was put off by the extra trip combined with the uphill finish at Pontefract.

*tries to sound like he knows what he is talking about*

edit - Non runner now anyway
  • edited April 2017
    EPR WARNING - Only 9 runners now so the extra place will not be in play so definitely swerving it!

There is an offer today, if you bet £5 you can get a £2.50 poker token.

I took Brian the Snail in the 3.10 Pontefract at an enhanced 13/8 and also had a free ew bet on Jule in the crown (which drifted to 25-1) for a nice result.

Lost on Chipping 10/1 ew in that race and another free bet on Shantou Rock 2.50 Exeter which was looking nailed on until the last hurdle.

• edited April 2017
    Keeping it small today for the 2.20 Nottingham and 3.00 Catterick

Selections

Nottingham

Jack Flash w (insured)

plus 3 outsiders with a good draw Twizell, Father McKenzie and Quench Dolly

Catterick

Dutch Artist
    Taverner
    Tadoowal
  • edited April 2017
    Seeing value everywhere in the 2.20. Added Savannah Slew and Awesome Allan.
  • edited April 2017
    Errismus maximus for me. bit late!
  • edited April 2017
    Nice Place Jordz, I managed to draw a blank but it looked so open went with smaller bets and more horses, there was a good price to be had with the winner I just wasn't on it. Looks like I might have been wrong about the draw too.
  • edited April 2017
    Todays EPR is the 16.10 at Chelmsford and it has a good look to it, as long there are no more non-runners as we will lose the place.

As it stands 10 Runners, 4 places paid, 2 outsiders with not much to expect a turnaround (although one is with a new yard). There is a short price favourite who banked a treble over course and distance so has to be respected, but it is off a higher weight and no history to determine likelihood of whether it will run well fresh.

Therefore happy to oppose with some horses who have had recent results.

I have gone for 

Fast and Hot
    Hannington
    Outlaw Torn
  • edited April 2017
    A quick pick for the 310 Lingfield.

Gone for mythmaker
  • edited April 2017
    No bets yesterday.

Have 3 in the 4.10 Cork, 5 places paid

Pairofbrowneyes
    Carrig Cathal
    Knockraha Pylon
  • edited April 2017
    2/3 places for a small profit yesterday.

For todays 3.45 Redcar 

Wentworth falls and Munfallet
  • edited April 2017
    Picked up a win yesterday.

Today's EPR is 3.30 Newmarket, gone for Timeless Art and Briyouni.

Also 4.10 Fairyhouse on Woods Well and New to this Town.
  • edited April 2017
    Struggling with picks in the early turf flat season. 

At least the EPRs give me a chance to dabble with a chance of some +EV.

Today at 3.35 Newmarket gone for Daban, Kazimiera and Unforgettable Filly.

Also an EPR at 3.50 Cheltenham where I am on Azure Fly and Millicent Silver.

Gone for King Robert in the opener at Newmarket with the money back if 2nd or 3rd offer.
  • edited April 2017
    Handy 1-2 from the Nell Gywnn to improve my flat results and a place gained from the extra place at Cheltenham.

• edited April 2017
    Jule in the crown looks great value today. 
  • edited April 2017
    Agree with you at this morning's price but I am looking too late now.

I have gone for a few ew in the 5.25 at Ayr.

Had to go for my hero Jac the Legend ;-)

Plus Full Jack, Beer Goggles and Lochnell
  • edited April 2017
    Beer Goggles with a win and Full Jack placed.

Saturday sees the Scottish National and Spring Cup both paying 6 places. Yes they are competitive races but still having a stab with that added value.

Scottish National

My Hemmings loyalty means I am sticking with Vicente (at least he should be fresh after his short run at Aintree) and Vintage Clouds. Also on Trustan Times, Blakemount and Dawson City.

Spring Cup

Banksea, Donncha and George William.

GL everyone.
  • edited April 2017
    just looked at spring cup with my beer googles and still couldnt pick.

been looking at this thread a while and these 6 place with big prices will pay more than the favourite if can select correct few.
    im usually pretty good with these but had nothing concrete as yet to post.

pacify looks value but i want to check draw tomorrow etc but ill give another aswell.

good thread mate
  • edited April 2017
    have a little look at another touch in the spring cup. big price so 6th would be a decent return.

• edited April 2017
    I'm going for Shotgun Paddy in the national, gl all.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Micky. I was wondering about my selections for spring cup in not having a longer price selection but was struggling to find one to pick. I am following you on Another Touch and hope that Richard Fahey's comment about only having flown in from dubai 3 days earlier explains the poor run at Doncaster.
  • edited April 2017
    hope you was on at 25 to 1 this morn mate if not still a unlucky loser but a winner with the price. 
    for me with these extra place races I look for the bigger price horse for more value with the each way. 
    looks like you had 1st as well which is awesome.
  • edited April 2017
    I had the second in national as well. think I'm rename myself bridesmaid
  • edited April 2017
    Got on at 20/1 but yes was also on winner and another place.

Followed up with Vicente and Blakemount (was on @40/1) so been a great day.

I agree with you about bigger prices for the places being great value but I struggle to pick them on the flat. A bit easier in NH races where can find long prices for steady jumpers and stayers who dont have speed to win.
  • edited April 2017
    Todays EPR, 4.50 wetherby, sees 3 places paid in a 7 horse race.

I am on crookstown roquero and leanna ban.
  • edited April 2017
    got a decent run out of roquero for your money mate.

• edited April 2017
    Yes. Obviously needed a winner to profit with those bets and not to be but was looking good for a long time until winner showed a good turn of speed after last.
  • edited April 2017
    Not investing much today.

2.40 Kempton doesnt have a great shape to it with 4 out front in market between 4 and 5/1 and little to encourage investment in a pure e/w bet with longer odds. I went for Jack Blane and Huddersfilly Town and hope the low draws help.

4.45 Windsor just gone for Gold Filigree. Might add if there is a market mover lower down the odds.

edit. It's the 6.15 that is the EPR at Windsor. #sigh. Similar to thought process above though with cold snap as only bet unless I see a mover from longer odds.

Added Pretty Bubbles and Satchville Flyer