You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Extra Place Races

Comments

• edited April 2017

LITTLE PALAVA 6.15 12/1 THIS MORNING

• edited April 2017
    Nice one daphne. Got on it at 8/1. Pretty Bubbles placed too.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Extra Place Races:
        LITTLE PALAVA 6.15 12/1 THIS MORNING
    Posted by daphne56

Great Tip, daphne, thanks much appreciated 
  • edited April 2017
    Not much to go on for tomorrows 19.15 Punchestown.

Put a small amount on Kelp Forest and Nevsky. Added Cornelius Sulla and will watch for market movers
  • edited April 2017

P.P PAYING 4 PLACES ON 4.55 PUNCH 11 RUNNERS
  • edited April 2017
    ^^^ I only have 1 other active account (not PP) and I notice they sometimes match the sky EPR offer and the following race at the same meeting.

Sky have added the 6.05 at Punchestown. Again not much to go on. Going small on Stacks Mountain and Hollowgraphic and might add a mover.

• edited April 2017
    Just noticed sky offering 3 places on all greyhound races at sheffield.

I know less about greyhounds than i do horses but that must mean value?
  • edited April 2017
    Had an interesting foray on the dogs last night.

4 ew bets, 2 places and an 8/1 winner and I broke even! I was only dabbling at 0.5 ew and betting on the odds, however one bet was placed accidentally at 5ew when on the phone I mis-typed the "." and it was entered as 05. That one of course came 4th.

If I see that offer on again I will definitely try it, just be more careful.

Yesterday was a good day away from the EPRs especially the freebet on Blue on Blue.

So far today on

3.40 Punchestown

Close Shave, Bilko, Dawerann

3.50 Epsom

Innocent Touch
  • edited April 2017
    Dawerann N/R. Added Shamiran.
  • edited April 2017

A RATED 3.40 PUN
  • edited April 2017
      A RATED 3.40 PUN
    Posted by daphne56
    More like A-, but it placed which is more than my picks did.

Didn't see this until after the race so wasn't on it.
  • edited April 2017
    Some cracking races today.

Out all day tomorrow so getting them in early although these Punchestown large field handicaps are proving pretty tough even with the extra places.

3xEPRs at Punchestown...

3.40 Bakers Street, Sweet Company, Old Castletown

4.15 Tully East, Mr Fiftyone, Colla Pier

6.05 No Comment, Minella Awards, Oathkeeper
  • edited April 2017
    i wouldnt back anything at punchestown half the time its a 20 runner with a odds on shot getting beat. not for me mate id save your money and wait
  • edited April 2017
    I am sure you are right there Micky, although I have added Coolfighter @50/1 in the 3.40.

Going small with a shotgun approach in the hope of catching something.

• edited April 2017
    I think a new strategy is required for Punchestown handicaps, Micky's suggestion of not betting is probably most EV but I think just betting ew on anything that is 25/1 might be the way forward.
  • edited April 2017
    Bit of a recovery at the end thanks to Minella Awards coming in at 11/1.

Joking aside, one thing I have learned is not to bet when you feel you have not found value and Micky was right about Punchestown handicaps. I knew it but I didn't apply it. The only mitigation was I bet very small and only in EPRs but I know in reality I should have swerved.

I seem to have a better strike rate in other races than when I started which is encouraging at least. When I started winning it really was purely down to having an edge with EPRs. 
  • edited April 2017
    Having said all of that about Punchestown handicaps, I will take a close look at the 16.20 tomorrow as it is 5 places in a 16 horse race (possibly fewer if N/Rs declared) 5 places will still be live if 14 runners.

The other EPR is the Champion Hurdle which is a class 1 affair and in theory easier to pick with 4 places for 12 runners. With the top 4 in the betting very close I am struggling here but I have gone for Vroum Vroum Mag out of those and then Identity Thief which while I can't see it winning 40/1 seems worth a stab at one of those places.

• edited April 2017
    on fiddlers green id take a look at at punchestown mate but it be small i mean £1 e.w small. his last run i think was 2 far but he still a outsider for a reason.
    looking at race i think a outsider will take it tho.

i like vroum vroum and think its a great choice
  • edited April 2017
    On fiddlers green is on the magic 25/1 mark too.

Also gone for Dicosimo and Champagne Harmony for some ew value.

Tough pick though, the favourites all seem to have something you can oppose on and alot of the outsiders have something worth considering so picking 2/3 outsiders seems worth a punt to me anyway.
  • edited April 2017
    So much for the outsiders in the 4.20. Luckily I had a saver bet on Woodland Opera win @9/2 and Champagne Harmony proved the value of the extra place with a distant 5th @16/1
  • edited April 2017
    3.10 Punchestown 5 places

White arm, Cresswell breeze

3.35 Sandown 4 places

Present Man

5.35 Punchestown 6 places

Air Horse One, Protek Des Flos, Modem, Carrig Cathal

• edited May 2017
    Todays EPR was due to be 16.15 at Beverley but too many NRs (2 of which I backed last night).

I am still on King of the Celts.

Now it's the 5,30 at Windsor.

I'm on midnightly and silver penny.

GL all

• edited May 2017

VALUE LOOKS TO BE

JASHMA 11/1   BEATEN 1 1/2 BY MIDNIGHTLY 12 PONDS BETTER IN     
  • edited May 2017
      VALUE LOOKS TO BE           JASHMA 11/1   BEATEN 1 1/2 BY MIDNIGHTLY 12 PONDS BETTER IN     
    Posted by daphne56
    They both placed thanks to the 4 places.

Another not so great day on the EPR but I managed 3 winners elsewhere so a happy day.
  • edited May 2017
    tomorrow its the 6.40 Chelmsford.

It looks pretty open so I have gone for 3 horses small, Power Power, Banta Bay and Golden Eye
  • edited May 2017
    Todays 4.10 at Brighton is also an EPR

I am on Jonnie Skull and Ettie Hart

• edited May 2017
    Differing strategies for the 2 EPRs at Ascot today.

3.45 2 horses who could win and have very good place prospects Seven Heavens and Sir Dancealot. I think it is worth opposing the favourite with the EP as while undoubtedly the class act it is first time this season and (hopefully) needs the run.

4.55 Seems a pretty open handicap yet there are 3 horses quite a way ahead in the betting. I have gone smaller and for 2 just outside the top 3 and 2 at longer odds Directorship, Forceful Appeal, Balmoral Castle, Eqleem.

• edited May 2017
    Blank in the 1st but a nice priced 1-2 in the 2nd.

I also noticed the 3 places offer was on at the greyhounds last night, although by the time I did there were only 3 races left on the card with the qualifying 6 entrants. From 3 bets I had a loss a place and a win and no mishaps on the amounts so now in profit on the dogs.

Today for the 3.10 Lingield I am on Golly miss Molly and Topolova.

After my recent foray into large field Irish handicaps and looking at the card, I am swerving on the 7.50 at Clonwell.
  • edited May 2017
    ive gone for letissier and topolova

and your best bet imo is swerving the irish handicaps.
  • edited May 2017

THESE IRISH RACES CAN BE HELPFUL IF YOU LOOK AT THE ALSO RANS

(ALCANDER) I WILL BE NICE AND JUST SAY WAS NOT GIVEN A GOOD RIDE

GOOD CHANCE IT WILL WIN SOON DECLARED ON SATURDAY ON THE FLAT

3.10 CORK