You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Magnificent SEVEN

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat

A very good morning to you all.

It was a nightmare yesterday trying to keep track of all our players, especially as tables were breaking with great frequency due to he high attrition rate.

First up, I'd like to offer very big thank to Markycash who volunteered to assist with the Updates, & in fact ended up doing almost all of them himself. 

He's a great lad, though we barely conversed all day. I use the word "conversed" advisedly, as it implies a two way conversation. Most of our convos were him saying something in a mixture of Glaswegian, Norwegian, Geordie & Scouse, & me saying "pardon". Truly.  

Anyway, on we go.

Play today will start at 2pm Vegas, 10pm UK.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017

I've worked through all the 749 survivors (of whom 659 will get paid) & I think we have AT LEAST 6 survivors, being 2 from Day 1B & 4 from Day 1C, yesterday. Apologies to any I may have missed.

The Super Six, along with their chip counts, seat & table draw, follow shortly.

I do not as yet have approval to link real names to aliases, but of course if it really interested you, it would be easy for you to do.

• Options
    edited July 2017

cpfc_2010 118,000 Amazon / 95 / 4

Mattprawn -   18,700 Miranda / 641 / 2

NickD49931 - 103,200 Miranda / 620 / 7

TimmyRaRa - 47,900 Miranda / 627 / 5

RektSai37,700 Miranda / 635 / 4

Stacker76,600 Miranda / 611 / 6

• Options
    edited July 2017

Rather frustratingly for us here, 5 are in Miranda - at the other end of the corridor - & 1 is in Amazon, which is bang opposite the Media Centre.

I'm not sure how many times we walked up and down that corridor yesterday, but it was in the hundreds. And the surprising thing is it is uphill both ways, or it seems to be.*

* May not be true.

• Options
    edited July 2017

749 remain, & 659 will get paid.

I fancy the money bubble will be upon us very quickly, certainly within the first 2 levels. (So, before Midnight UK).
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Super Six:
    649 remain, & 659 will get paid. I fancy the money bubble will be upon us very quickly, certainly within the first 2 levels. (So, before Midnight UK).
    Posted by Tikay10
    congrats guys
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Super Six : congrats guys
    Posted by Jac35
    Ha, FML.

9,372 posts without a reply, then I do a typo & they are all over me.

;)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    RektSai has drawn double bracelet holder (and winner of Event 3 this time around, all those weeks ago), Upeshka Da Silva.

If anyone needs a table breakdown, either here or by email to Tikay, let me know.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    VBOL guys, bring home the $$$$
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Great effort by the Sky players and by Tony and McBok.
    Hoping to have a good evening reading the updates.
    Best of luck to everyone
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Fast forward to 2018
    You've qualified on Sky and you're playing the little one drop. It's by far your biggest ever tourney.
    Negreanu has open shoved the first 6 hands blind.
    He does the same on the 7th hand. You look down at AKhh

What you do?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Well done all who got through to today. Bumped into cpfc an hour ago having breakfast, the lad must be a robot, I would have been in bed till Noon at least today.

Hope the six all run well, and all make the money.

#Message for Supernova, Jill is talking about doing the zip line tonight but may join you on Saturday.  Hope you had a win last night..We will probs be by the pool at Palazzzo, just to the left of Solaro cafe.
      Catch you later.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Why me, sigh , call
    See his seven two off get there on the river. :)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Run well lads and gl
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Great effort by players and updaters alike,

Good luck today,

Ed.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Best of luck today to all the sky players.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

gl to all the sky players hope you make the cash
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Fast forward to 2018 You've qualified on Sky and you're playing the little one drop. It's by far your biggest ever tourney. Negreanu has open shoved the first 6 hands blind. He does the same on the 7th hand. You look down at AKhh What you do?
    Posted by Jac35
    Fist pump call in blink of an eye.
    In Caeasars tourney we played one chap had AK v KK AIPF, flop? AAK .....live poker eh.
    Good luck to all sky players
    Tid Eamonn ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Afternoon all.  Nearly poker time! 

Odd experience having 36 hours to think about how you'll play your short stack.  Quite an interesting dilemma to be honest.

I'm currently sat in 667th of 744 with 659 places paid.  I have precisely 18,700 chips, with blinds at 600/1200 and a 200 ante.  That means it's going to cost me best part of 4,000 per orbit.

So what do I do guys:

1) Look for an early double up, forget min cash I want to win it
    2) Hang on and fold pretty much any hand and pray for that bubble; or
    3) Something inbetween?

Advice gratefully received but probably ignored if I see a pretty looking hand and can't resist playing it!

Good luck to all the other Sky players, would be great to see some of them run deep.

Cheers

Mattp (aka Boring Accountant or Guatemala's finest poker player called Matt)
  • Options
    edited July 2017

^^^^

What would a good accountant do?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Congratulations on getting this far Matt (unable to reply directly to your post for some reason). Being in your spot for 36 hours would drive me mad. For me personally, definitely plan A mate. I don't think you can limp through (or should try - although I don't know full circs). Just do your best to pick your spots and may luck be on your side!

Best of luck to all Sky qualifiers remaining and thank you for the updates team.

Edit: that probably doesn't read right actually, (never could multi-task), it's probably plan C. You can chip up from that stack by stealing blinds and antes if you get the right spots - good luck!
  • Options
    edited July 2017

^^^^

Just to assist with that awkward question;

Levels are 1 hour.

Blinds will start at 600-1,200/200.

After the first one hour level, blinds will be 800-1,600/200.

It's "almost certain" (but not 100%) that the money bubble will occur within the first 2 levels.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Afternoon all.  Nearly poker time!  Odd experience having 36 hours to think about how you'll play your short stack.  Quite an interesting dilemma to be honest. I'm currently sat in 667th of 744 with 659 places paid.  I have precisely 18,700 chips, with blinds at 600/1200 and a 200 ante.  That means it's going to cost me best part of 4,000 per orbit. So what do I do guys: 1) Look for an early double up, forget min cash I want to win it 2) Hang on and fold pretty much any hand and pray for that bubble; or 3) Something inbetween? Advice gratefully received but probably ignored if I see a pretty looking hand and can't resist playing it! Good luck to all the other Sky players, would be great to see some of them run deep. Cheers Mattp (aka Boring Accountant or Guatemala's finest poker player called Matt)
    Posted by mattprawn
    I know you are a highly proficient player Matt so feel free to pick parts of anything I say to give consideration to or chuck the whole lot in the metaphorical bin. Here is my 2 cents anyway...

I would say you have a range of options but it ultimately boils down to your goals and the particular table you have.

With 15BB's and antes involved the stack size obviously looks decent for 3 bet jamming in favoured spots. Obviously there isn't much point if your holdings are marginal and the original raiser is a calling machine. Therefore personally I would be looking for spots to 3 bet jam on people who may be trying to scrape into the cash if you feel you have enough fold equity on them while at the same time avoiding doing this light with people who have trouble folding.

I know you will be fully aware of this basic stuff but with that stack size so much will depend on your holdings and solid reads on the type of individual table mates you are assigned.

Doug Polk made an interesting video on playing a range of stack sizes in the 8-20 BB range. I tried to find it so I could link it here but had no joy. I think the essence of the video was that contrary to what some top players may advocate; he did not feel that just jamming it in all the time with these stack sizes was the only way to go. I am not sure what others would have though of the video and there are obviously a lot of dangers when standard opening when your own stack looks so inviting for some opponents to 3 bet jam on you.

Anyways, best of luck to you today. Really hope you can do it and it was great to meet you yesterday!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Couple of potential problems with Plan B

The table looks like it is starting 7 handed so the blinds will come around quite quick and secondly the two bigger stacks are on your immediate right so you don't have much fold equity and it will get worse quite quickly.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    RektSai has drawn double bracelet holder (and winner of Event 3 this time around, all those weeks ago), Upeshka Da Silva. If anyone needs a table breakdown, either here or by email to Tikay, let me know.
    Posted by FCHD
    A table breakdown would be very nice thanks.  Here would be perfect.  Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    In Response to Re: Little One Drop Day 2 & the Sky Poker Super Six : A table breakdown would be very nice thanks.  Here would be perfect.  Thanks
    Posted by cpfc_2010

Probably 4 legs.

Oval shaped.

Decent condition.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Couple of potential problems with Plan B The table looks like it is starting 7 handed so the blinds will come around quite quick and secondly the two bigger stacks are on your immediate right so you don't have much fold equity and it will get worse quite quickly.
    Posted by FCHD
    7 handed obviously doesn't help although having the 2 big stacks on your right would be the favoured option IMO.  They may open a lot of pots and make life difficult but at least you have position on them and have an increased amount of fold equity on the stacks to your left. It could however make some 3 bet jamming scenarious a little trickier if the big stacks are in the way.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Play commences at 2pm, which is in 30 minutes time.

The Media Centre is rammed full, barely an empty seat in here, though I've reserved a place for Lord Bok. 

Sam & Mark are not coming across today, both are unwell. As in, you know, "unwell". 

Not seen any of our players yet, but I daresay they'll all arrive soon.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    3 bet jam imo. you wont need it tho as will get aa 1st hand double through and boomio prob over 

gl 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Couple of potential problems with Plan B The table looks like it is starting 7 handed so the blinds will come around quite quick and secondly the two bigger stacks are on your immediate right so you don't have much fold equity and it will get worse quite quickly.
    Posted by FCHD
    That's really helpful mate. Excellent advice from a mark too.  I'll be looking for a spot but not panicking. Fingers crossed for a bit of run good!  

Media centre looks rammed right now so will pop and say hello later to anyone there.

Cheers

Matt