You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    add me to the list! fancied goin to play nottingham this april so 17th-18th is good with me, be cool to meet some of you guys! not quite 100% as ill need to speak with a mate see if he fancys it but pretty sure he would. bring it on!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out?:
    Quality... DTD April 17th -18th: Dylan12 Mickjenn1 Maxally Tiker's ChirpyChump Ads2kuk
    Posted by Ads2kuk
        put me down ill be there
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : Hey m8 Ill try but if it clashes with viva las vegas final I might have to give the DTD comp a miss! I can still come down for cash or something and the 'BANTUUUUR' OOOO ARGHHHH! :-D
    Posted by lJAMESl
        Hi james they do have computers to play online at dtd if u want to. but just check
  • edited March 2010
    Hurst u in Sheffield at all next week? - which night is there most likely to be side action, cash games sit n gos etc?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not sure on the best day as ive only been once which was on a wednesday night and that had a couple good cash games running alongside the mtt. i spoke to a few regulars though and they said they usually get good numbers over the weekend period, fridays, saturdays and sundays etc but there will be cash games running every night i would imagine.

but yeah i should be alright to make it one night
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? :     Hi james they do have computers to play online at dtd if u want to. but just check
    Posted by MAZERAIDER
    Err....yes, they do have "free loan" Laptops at the Club - but you CANNOT access Sky Poker, or ANY Poker Site (except the Host's site, obv!) on them. I often use my own Lappie in the club, too, but nobody can, or should, connect to a Poker Site whilst on their premises, that would be very bad form, & would probably (& correctly) result in being ejected from the Premises.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? :     Hi james they do have computers to play online at dtd if u want to. but just check
    Posted by MAZERAIDER

You cant use sky at DTD on their laptops and you cant take your own laptop in; therefore you wont be able to play there unless you are sitting in the car park with a dongle (I may well have done this :O )
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : Hey m8 Ill try but if it clashes with viva las vegas final I might have to give the DTD comp a miss! I can still come down for cash or something and the 'BANTUUUUR' OOOO ARGHHHH! :-D
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Hi James,

There will be three, monthly, Viva Las Vegas Finals, & all three will occur at month ends, give or take a few days. There are, of course, Semi-Finals every Sunday evening. So if you win yours this Sunday, & then the Final on April 4th, job done, eh?
  • edited March 2010
    DTD April 17th -18th:
    Dylan12
    Mickjenn1
    Maxally
    Tiker's
    ChirpyChump
    Ads2kuk
    Delta
    Hurst05

Eagle26

Mazeraider
  • edited March 2010
    DTD April 17th -18th: Dylan12 Mickjenn1 Maxally Tiker's ChirpyChump Ads2kuk Delta Hurst05 Eagle26 Mazeraider
    Posted by dylan12
    Thats the 1st 10 seater SNG sorted then!......... :):)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : Thats the 1st 10 seater SNG sorted then!......... :):)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    easy lineup ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Dangerous SNG! Lol! Definately getting that running!
  • edited March 2010

Just a word guys - & don't shoot the messenger.

DTD is an "independent", & they do things their own way.

If peeps get abusive, rude to the staff, dealers or other players, or drunkenly obnoxious, (particularly drunks, they are VERY hot on that), they get thrown out. By Sinclair.

Now let me tell you about Sinclair. He is big. Very big. And ugly. VERY ugly.

Time without number I've seen him approach a player at a Table & say "would you like to come with me, Sir?".

And they say "no, I'm playing poker".

And Sinclair picks them up by the waist - with one arm & with the Villain screaming & shouting, arms & legs thrashing around -  & walks to the Car Park, & deposits them. On the floor. You don't mess with Sinclair. ;)

Jut so you know.
  • edited March 2010
    Just a word guys - & don't shoot the messenger. DTD is an "independent", & they do things their own way. If peeps get abusive, rude to the staff, dealers or other players, or drunkenly obnoxious, (particularly drunks, they are VERY hot on that), they get thrown out. By Sinclair. Now let me tell you about Sinclair. He is big. Very big. And ugly. VERY ugly.   Time without number I've seen him approach a player at a Table & say "would you like to come with me, Sir?". And they say "no, I'm playing poker". And Sinclair picks them up by the waist - with one arm & with the Villain screaming & shouting, arms & legs thrashing around -  & walks to the Car Park, & deposits them. On the floor. You don't mess with Sinclair. ;) Jut so you know.
    Posted by Tikay10

He's only ickle, just very wide :-p

Made up a mean salad for the menu, best value for money (or at least it was not sure if it's stayed on the newest menu!)
  • edited March 2010
    just had to check the footballing schedule, and owls vs blades on the 18th, so 17th is still good :)
  • edited March 2010
    DTD April 17th -18th: Dylan12 Mickjenn1 Maxally Tiker's ChirpyChump Ads2kuk Delta Hurst05 Eagle26 Mazeraider
    Posted by dylan12

so is this the date, are we all going, if so i will put it in my little black book
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah 17th sounds sweet as a nut!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? :      so is this the date, are we all going, if so i will put it in my little black book
    Posted by MAZERAIDER
    Yeah these are the dates, some can only do one of the two days but most will be playing on both days :)
  • edited March 2010
    id like to play both days, but if i played poker instead of going to the biggest footballing game of the season then that would be just sacreligious lol besides ill be all poker'd out after winning that deadly sit and go and the main event obv! ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Have any definite plans been made for this yet? Is there somewhere local to stay etc...

Let me have details as it'd be excellent to come along - Nottingham is a lot closer to me than Luton :o)

Does anyone know what time the 100 D/S tourney kicks off on Saturday 17th? I may go to footie first and arrive for the evening event only...

x
  • edited March 2010
    Have any definite plans been made for this yet? Is there somewhere local to stay etc... Let me have details as it'd be excellent to come along - Nottingham is a lot closer to me than Luton :o) Does anyone know what time the 100 D/S tourney kicks off on Saturday 17th? I may go to footie first and arrive for the evening event only... x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Hi TRIP5.

As far as I am aware, about 10 of our gang have said they will be there that weekend, & as long as no work committments arise, I'll be there, too.

The £100-er starts at 3pm on each day.

Most people use the Holiday Inn Hotel at Castle Marina, Nottingham, & then share Taxis to & from the Venue.

Be good to meet you at last! Word in your ear, though. Dylan is WELSH.
  • edited March 2010

No promises on this, but if any of the Sky Poker Raiding Parrty to DTD on April 17/18 are interested in Omaha........

I've arranged with Simon Trumper, that subject to timings (players still in the Comp won't be able to sit in), we will have a PRIVATE (us only) 30 to 45 to minute Q & A session with him on the finer points of Omaha. If anyone doubts Simon's Omaha credentials, look him up on any Live Database, where you will see he finalled in the $10,000 WSOP Omaha Event a few years back, & also won the Amsterdam Master Classics Omaha Tourney.

He has agreed to do this as a favour to me, subject to availibility, & so there will be no charge for this.

It's not a deffo, as he has to run & TD the Tourneys, but he assured me he would do his best to give us 30 or 45 minutes alone. This is ONLY for the Sky Poker group.

Simon is THE finest Omaha mentor I have ever met, bar none.

Please note, attendance at the Omaha Session, which is something I have arranged personally, & nothing to do with Sky Poker, will be by INVITE ONLY. It is NOT "open to anyone".
  • edited March 2010

Definitely up for both days,but will only need hotel on Saturday night. If anyone gets a good deal sorted could they let me know.

Playing so bad at moment Im taking a break for a couple of weeks and going back to work ! Off to Le Touquet tomorrow then Loch Tummel and finally the Isle of Wight .

• edited March 2010
    No promises on this, but if any of the Sky Poker Raiding Parrty to DTD on April 17/18 are interested in Omaha........ I've arranged with Simon Trumper, that subject to timings (players still in the Comp won't be able to sit in), we will have a PRIVATE (us only) 30 to 45 to minute Q & A session with him on the finer points of Omaha. If anyone doubts Simon's Omaha credentials, look him up on any Live Database, where you will see he finalled in the $10,000 WSOP Omaha Event a few years back, & also won the Amsterdam Master Classics Omaha Tourney. He has agreed to do this as a favour to me, subject to availibility, & so there will be no charge for this. It's not a deffo, as he has to run & TD the Tourneys, but he assured me he would do his best to give us 30 or 45 minutes alone. This is ONLY for the Sky Poker group. Simon is THE finest Omaha mentor I have ever met, bar none. Please note, attendance at the Omaha Session, which is something I have arranged personally, & nothing to do with Sky Poker, will be by INVITE ONLY. It is NOT "open to anyone".
    Posted by Tikay10
    This would be class if it can happen - I think everyone would learn a lot from him!! Fingers crossed that he will be available - once again thanks for your work tikay - great idea!!
  • edited March 2010
    Definitely up for both days , but will only need hotel on Saturday night. If anyone gets a good deal sorted could they let me know. Playing so bad at moment Im taking a break for a couple of weeks and going back to work ! Off to Le Touquet tomorrow then Loch Tummel and finally the Isle of Wight .
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi Tony, nice to hear that your coming - tikay mentioned that we should look at staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel at Castle Marina, Nottingham - so may have a look at booking that at the weekend m8!! It would be great if we can all stay in the same place and as tikay said - we can then share taxis to and from DTD. Have a good time on your travels m8 :)
  • edited March 2010
    Simon Trumpet rules!!!!

Tournies not starting on time you say?!? NEVA!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out?:
    Hi guys On another thread a discussion was started regarding a trip to Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham in April, this could be a day out or even a weekend away for some great poker in a class establishment - it will be great to get a load of us together!! Tikay has very kindly said that he would post some dates in April of what tournaments are on and also his availability to come. Would be great to get a load of us going, so if you have an interest in coming then lets agree on some dates and make a day/weekend of it!!
    Posted by dylan12
    im going this saturday 27th for the super 50 anyone else there
  • edited March 2010
    Excellent, Thanks Tikay!

I'm sorry but I thought I heard you say WELSH???

x
  • edited March 2010
    Excellent, Thanks Tikay! I'm sorry but I thought I heard you say WELSH??? x
    Posted by TRIP5
    I think he said that WELSH are best :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : I think he said that WELSH are best :)
    Posted by dylan12
    Close Dylan.....he said that the WELSH are BEASTS!  :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : Close Dylan.....he said that the WELSH are BEASTS!  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hey, us Welsh LOVE our beasts, sometimes literally  ;o)