You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    MONKEY 123 WANTS IN ;0)
  • edited March 2010
    DTD April 17th -18th:
    Dylan12
    Mickjenn1
    Maxally
    Tiker's
    ChirpyChump
    Ads2kuk

Delta

Hurst05

Eagle26

Mazeraider

TRIP5

Penguin7

monkey123

• edited March 2010
    i would be up for the 17th just wondering now wot hotel would be best to book in at as i will be comen from liverpool
  • edited March 2010
    I'm up for it, Can do any time early April
  • edited April 2010
    Hey boys, this is our first sky community forum tour :o)

So...does anyone want to car share from bradford....will play the evening £10.00 BI but will not pay for £100 3pm BI on my first proper live tourney!!!

Anyone local who fancies the 8pm buy in for a tenner then let me know :o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    Any one booked any hotels for this weekend yet? It's the Holiday Inn, Castle Marina that Tikay recommended, need to pull my finger out and book this I reckon!! Just be carefull though apparantlyey there are 2 Holiday Inn's in Nottingham - it's the Castle Marina one you need!!

• edited April 2010
    Just booked in at Holiday Inn for the Saturday night for £59. For those who want the Friday as well that would be £57 more.
  • edited April 2010
    Booked!!!

Hotel Marina here we come :o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out?:
    Booked!!! Hotel Marina here we come :o) x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Nice1 - Im going to book tommorrow or Tuesday :)
  • edited April 2010

I shall not be at Nottingham this forthcoming weekend but for those who aint booked hotel rooms, Travelodge have also got some super online deals from £19 for next weekend. Whenever i've stayed in Nottingham before i've always booked Travelodge room only and have always found a pub in the morning and had a great full English breakfast and it's does work out a lot cheaper.

• edited April 2010
    I'm absolutely gutted, for being one of the first people to suggest this I can no longer make this weekend! A personal family matter has come up and I have to go to Kent to sort something out. Absolutely gutted!! - Really hope everyone has a good time and if someone can give us some Live Updates on how people are doing etc, that would be great!

Go Team Sky!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    It's all getting very exciting :o)

Now, a few housekeeping questions...

Can I become a member on the day and what ID would I need?

I understand Dusk Till Dawn maybe a bit sensitive about etiquette and such things so is there anything I need to know i.e. no trainers...

Are these tourney's 'self-deal'?

x
  • edited April 2010
    It's all getting very exciting :o) Now, a few housekeeping questions... Can I become a member on the day and what ID would I need? I understand Dusk Till Dawn maybe a bit sensitive about etiquette and such things so is there anything I need to know i.e. no trainers... Are these tourney's 'self-deal'? x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Hi Irene.....nice to see you sober!

If you go to DTD website it will tell you all you need to know. I have become a member on line but you will still need to take ID with you on the day (passport/driving licence).
    It looks like I might not be able to make it which I am gutted about but hope everyone enjoys the day there.
    And I hope everyone cashes in any event they go in!!!

• edited April 2010
    It's all getting very exciting :o) Now, a few housekeeping questions... Can I become a member on the day and what ID would I need? I understand Dusk Till Dawn maybe a bit sensitive about etiquette and such things so is there anything I need to know i.e. no trainers... Are these tourney's 'self-deal'? x
    Posted by TRIP5
    i live  in  notts  been dtd a bit  trainers   ok  m8  n  u get a dealer  m8
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : Hi Irene.....nice to see you sober! If you go to DTD website it will tell you all you need to know. I have become a member on line but you will still need to take ID with you on the day (passport/driving licence). It looks like I might not be able to make it which I am gutted about but hope everyone enjoys the day there. And I hope everyone cashes in any event they go in!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Haha, excellent thanks!!! To be fair it has taken me all weekend to get back to normal but if you can't get floppin blinded on your birthday than when can you??? :o)

Online membership...I likey very much and shall trott of to the DTD website forthwith!!!

You boys are totally dropping like fly's... rubbish!!  I recon you're all running scared after my mighty HU match with POD1...lol

x

• edited April 2010
    Posted by TRIP5

You can sign up online, and/or turn up and sign up on the laptops in the foyer. Then you just need to show passport/driving license on your first time coming in. You can wear trainers, and all tournies/cash and sngs are dealer dealt.
  • edited April 2010
    Right, I think im covered, registered online at DTD website, booked the hotel - Holiday Inn, Castle Bridge Road. Pretty much sorted and looking forward to it now - quick question though (tikay or beneah would know), the saturday is a £100 20KGTD 3pm k.o. but sunday on the website states it tis a £50 10K GTD event - is there a £100 tourney on the Sunday as well (as previously posted by Tikay at the beginning) or just the £50 thingy. No matter really just wondering that's all :) I haven't got a clue who is going anymore but I know a few have booked - penguin7, Trip5. The mackem and Delta should be coming, Dohx7 is coming as are chirpy chump (but not sure about Brown) dan"fish"tb10 may be coming on the Sunday and Ben "luckbox" nutter5932 should be there for both days. Will Brewin said he may attend both days also but I can not confirm that he's coming. Not sure if i've missed anyone out (obviously tikay is coming and hopefully beneah also) but please just turn up - should be a great weekend :)
  • edited April 2010
    Woooo-hoooo

Confirmed:-

Hurst05
    Dylan12
    Penguin7
    TRIP5
    The Mackem
    Delta
    Dohhhhhhh
    Chipy Chip
    Nutter5932
    CJ111 (Sunday)

To be confirmed:-

Dantb10
    Beneah
    Tikay
    lJAMESl
    Mazeraider
    Browndog

Scaredy cat pull outs :o)

Maxally
    Ads2kuk
    Mickjenn1
    Ness4
    Eagle 26

Not a bad haul eh? So do we have a plan of action boys? Are we all staying at the mighty holiday inn and do we all want to meet up in the foyer there?

Also,  TK are we still on for the Omaha Q&A? Plus any free sky community on tour t-shirts for the offing...lol

Suggestions on a jack of spades :o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    Woooo-hoooo Confirmed:- Penguin7 TRIP5 The Mackem Delta Dohhhhhhh Chipy Chip Nutter5932 Sparce To be confirmed:- Dantb10 Beneah Tikay lJAMESl Eagle 26 Mazeraider MickJenn1 Ness 4 Scaredy cat pull outs :o) Maxally Ads2kuk Not a bad haul eh? So do we have a plan of action boys? Are we all staying at the mighty holiday inn and do we all want to meet up in the foyer there? Also,  TK are we still on for the Omaha Q&A? Plus Any free sky community on tour t-shirts for the offing...lol Suggestions on a jack of spades :o) x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Is Sparce coming??

Ness4 has pulled out by the way and it doesn't look likely that mickjenn1 will be in attendance also.
  • edited April 2010
    I might try and make this guys not sure yet though.

I cant speak for James personally but I do know he is playing an EPT event this week, so it's unlikely he will be attending. 
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : Is Sparce coming?? Ness4 has pulled out by the way and it doesn't look likely that mickjenn1 will be in attendance also.
    Posted by dylan12
    My mistake....must have been on my wish list instead of the real one...lol

Updated as per your info Dylan *Edited as per Browndog also

Thanks Dear :o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    Woooo-hoooo Confirmed:- Penguin7 TRIP5 The Mackem Delta Dohhhhhhh Chipy Chip Nutter5932 To be confirmed:- Dantb10 Beneah Tikay lJAMESl Eagle 26 Mazeraider Browndog Scaredy cat pull outs :o) Maxally Ads2kuk Mickjenn1 Ness4 Not a bad haul eh? So do we have a plan of action boys? Are we all staying at the mighty holiday inn and do we all want to meet up in the foyer there? Also,  TK are we still on for the Omaha Q&A? Plus any free sky community on tour t-shirts for the offing...lol Suggestions on a jack of spades :o) x
    Posted by TRIP5
    cj111 should be there on sunday
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : cj111 should be there on sunday
    Posted by CJ111
    Excellent job sir! You should wear a red rose so we know who you are :o)

See you sundaaaaayyyyyyy (list updated)

x

• edited April 2010

hey trip5 add me to 'the scaredy cat pull-outs' list! sadly i won't be able to make it this weekend now, i did actually tell dylan12 the other day... goodluck to all that are goin, should be a crackin weekend. bit gutted that i can't go would of been cool to meet some of u guys but there is always next time!

• edited April 2010
    At dusk till dawn they have their own dealers in the deepstack tournies like the monthly deepstack the super 50 and the 20/20
  • edited April 2010
    hey trip5 add me to 'the scaredy cat pull-outs' list! sadly i won't be able to make it this weekend now, i did actually tell dylan12 the other day... goodluck to all that are goin, should be a crackin weekend. bit gutted that i can't go would of been cool to meet some of u guys but there is always next time!
    Posted by Eagle26
    Duly updated Eagle...sorry you can't make it, however, fear not for I shall be on hand to take the tourney down good and proper on your behalf ;o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    Woooo-hoooo Confirmed:- Dylan12 Penguin7 TRIP5 The Mackem Delta Dohhhhhhh Chipy Chip Nutter5932 CJ111 (Sunday) To be confirmed:- Dantb10 Beneah Tikay lJAMESl Mazeraider Browndog Scaredy cat pull outs :o) Maxally Ads2kuk Mickjenn1 Ness4 Eagle 26 Not a bad haul eh? So do we have a plan of action boys? Are we all staying at the mighty holiday inn and do we all want to meet up in the foyer there? Also,  TK are we still on for the Omaha Q&A? Plus any free sky community on tour t-shirts for the offing...lol Suggestions on a jack of spades :o) x
    Posted by TRIP5
    ahem lol
  • edited April 2010
    Sorry eagle, I clean forgot - I'm probably still sulking because you played me like a kipper in the Primo ;) he he

Nice work TRIP5 by the way!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy a Live Poker Day Out? : ahem lol
    Posted by hurst05
    Hursty...how could I forget you!!!

When I take the tourney down i'll buy you a pint to apologise!!!

List updated!

x
  • edited April 2010

Hi guys.

The Sunday Tourney - yes, they have changed it from £100 to £50, but it remains at 10k chips, 30 minute clock, & the Fessie Structure. It's £10,000 Guaranteed, so there will be an overlay if less than 200 play.

Saturday remains a £100-er, all other details identical, except the Guarantee is £20,000.

There is NO "self-deal" at DTD, not a single table has ever been self-dealt there, nor will it ever be.

The dress code is "sensible", & DTD are quite relaxed about that these days, but they are not relaxed about dealer-abuse or drunken-ness, both of which will result in being Sinclair-ed, pretty sharpish.

Penguin confirmed to me today that he will be there. He's currently in Germany, on a coach-trip, & should be in Nottingham just in time for Saturday's start, & he'll stay over & play on Sunday, too.

At present, I plan to be there both days, unless any Sky Poker committments arise, which I don't expect. 

The Omaha Q & A session with Simon Trumper - yes, if time permits, that's still on, we discussed it last weekend again, & he's happy to help.

Look forward to seeing you.

Wear a red carnation please, so I know who you are.