You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE CHURCH OF DAZLER

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Dont forget this is the poker church so keep it clean ill have no bloody swearing. :)

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Have you been having a run of bad luck by so called donks or fish or maybe you are one. If so id like you to tell me all about it. Consider me your parishioner of poker and tell me your sins or if you just want to air off some of that anger that we all know puts us on tilt and dosnt help our play! come here to calm down or scream and shout about it. You will feel better and we can learn how to deal with these monsters of bad beats. Get mad and get even this is the place to chat about it no matter how  trivial. was the all in a sin let me know 0:) }:(

BACK BY CHOICE OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE SKY POKER COMMUNITY
    Praise be the lord of the poker gods its been a year since my last confession. I have neglected my flock at sky poker and there fore am going to make every effort to listen and answer any Sins my fellow poker players have been making over the past year and im sure there are a lot of them. I want each and every one of you to think hard about what you have done to those players you have taken chips from and not even said thank you too or gg wp when you knock them out, and for every time you have called someone a donk when the little bugg ers have hit there runner runner and knocked you out (me included). Lets all look at the good runs and nuns as well as the bad and reflect upon our good nature and positive play. If you have something other than poker on your mind that you just cant live with out sharing with your dear Father Dazler then let me know and ill try to help. 

Peace, Love and Run Well at the tables
    Father Dazler :)

• edited July 2009

The first one!

I always feel bad in ones hope that people feel bad when they do it to my good self! lol

:)

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CHURCH OF DAZLER:
    The first one! I always feel bad in ones hope that people feel bad when they do it to my good self! lol :)
    Posted by Craig1360
    bless you my son its good to know there are poker saints out there. Its good to win but remember those poor souls you take chips from :)
  • edited July 2009
    Can you muliply the fish to feed the masses?
  • edited July 2009
    hi
    i am always polite at the table, especially if i dont know the players, however if i do know them well, i will have a bit of fun, but its is never nasty and i can take it back and to be honest with those players then it normally comes back in spade so is fun and we normally laugh in the bar about things.
    At the SPUKT final Tony Kendall commentated on my exit hand and said that i play in the correct spirit of the game.

col
  • edited July 2009
    IM ALWAYS CHEEKY AT THE TABLE I MUST SAY, BUT ALSO I HAVE A LAFF AM NOT RUDE LOL
  • edited July 2009
    Can you muliply the fish to feed the masses?
    Posted by SoLack
    Im affraid im just a poker preacher but like moses i am unable to divide the sea but i can divide a fishes chip stack and leave them flapping around on the poker room floor :) Im sure there are always plenty left for you to have your last supper :)
  • edited July 2009
    hi i am always polite at the table, especially if i dont know the players, however if i do know them well, i will have a bit of fun, but its is never nasty and i can take it back and to be honest with those players then it normally comes back in spade so is fun and we normally laugh in the bar about things. At the SPUKT final Tony Kendall commentated on my exit hand and said that i play in the correct spirit of the game. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Its always hard to be nice at the table when you get a bad beat and as you know if there is a poker god then there must be a poker devil who will sway you into derogatory comments but the holy spirit (TK) of the poker game is strong. There is nothing wrong in winding an opponent up as long as its taken in the right way. Remember look after others and they will look after you especialy if you take there chips :)
  • edited July 2009
    IM ALWAYS CHEEKY AT THE TABLE I MUST SAY, BUT ALSO I HAVE A LAFF AM NOT RUDE LOL
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Hi Mick glad you could come to the Church of Dazler. You know lies is a sin but i know you are a great character on here and always we have a good banter. As a deciple of sky poker you have many followers and now have a status of jesus. But remember the poker gods are more powerfull than you can imagine and watches everything we do. But i will prey to them for you Mick and hopfully he will answer with a Royal flush. just say it with we AALL INN gl m8
  • edited July 2009
    You'll get no money out of me priest! lol

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CHURCH OF DAZLER : Hi Mick glad you could come to the Church of Dazler. You know lies is a sin but i know you are a great character on here and always we have a good banter. As a deciple of sky poker you have many followers and now have a status of jesus. But remember the poker gods are more powerfull than you can imagine and watches everything we do. But i will prey to them for you Mick and hopfully he will answer with a Royal flush. just say it with we AALL INN gl m8
    Posted by Dazler

aall inn ur crazy daz
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CHURCH OF DAZLER :   aall inn ur crazy daz
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Hallelujah brother Dazler
    I fear brother mick has not seen the light

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CHURCH OF DAZLER : Hallelujah brother Dazler I fear brother mick has not seen the light
    Posted by IAMALLIN2

GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER IAMALLIN2 PRAISE BE

yey do i walk through the valley of the shadow of bad poker players! i shall fear no donks for i am the baddest poker player on the table. Mick will see the light he has just strayed of the path a bit as we all do lol :)
  • edited July 2009
    You'll get no money out of me priest! lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    As you know its better to receive than give in this game and if I meet you at the table donations will be welcome. Repent you sins of poker and I shall forgive you for you blasfimy :)
  • edited July 2009
    I would just like to take this opportunity to say a prayer for tonights 7k garanteed open. And ask the poker gods to give us great cards and lots of luck. And dont forget to play poker every sunday on the good lords day of rest :) praise be fellow poker players.
  • edited July 2009
    i absolutely love this thread, Well done Dazler - great work.
  • edited July 2009
    i absolutely love this thread, Well done Dazler - great work.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thank you sky_rich its always nice to know that the word of the the sky gods is appreciated. I wish you well and come back and visit anytime :) just got knocked out of the velocity with pocket Js against 89 after i raised 3 times the blind pre flop and the other player hits 2 pair on the flop. Just goes to show i need a place to come when things go bad. But i have to keep the faith :)
  • edited July 2009
    Keep on keeping on dazler.  Say a prayer for me to cash at at least one tourney tomorrow please.  Aisle be grateful if you could.
  • edited July 2009
    Keep on keeping on dazler.  Say a prayer for me to cash at at least one tourney tomorrow please.  Aisle be grateful if you could.
    Posted by SoLack

No problem my son i shall prey to the poker gods and hope they answer. Ill make it a big preyer as you probalbly need it :) so you should win a nice amount tomorrow. GL SoLack let me know how you do.
  • edited July 2009
    Thank you father, the poker gods were generous without being extragavent.  I toiled away in the 19:00 freeroll and managed to make the cash.  £0.55 to be exact (I don't usually play the freerolls but with this kind of success I may turn pro).  But even better was to come - I also cashed in the open - £66.  So thank you for the word you had with the lords almighty (maybe you could ask for final table for tomorrow?).

Amen
  • edited July 2009
    Thank you father, the poker gods were generous without being extragavent.  I toiled away in the 19:00 freeroll and managed to make the cash.  £0.55 to be exact (I don't usually play the freerolls but with this kind of success I may turn pro).  But even better was to come - I also cashed in the open - £66.  So thank you for the word you had with the lords almighty (maybe you could ask for final table for tomorrow?). Amen
    Posted by SoLack
    those that have faith will prosper my son ask and ye shall receive. But remember the lord giveth and the lord can taketh away. hopefully the latter. But continue keeping the faith and visiiting the Chruch of Dazler and you will do well. I shall continue to prey to the poker gods for us both my son. Well done on the free roll and the open and many more to come :)
  • edited July 2009
    I have just been knocked out of the bounty hunter by bluffing a player who had the nuts. I have learned a lesson that lies do not pay. I ask the poker gods for forgiveness and shall change my ways id like to appologise to my congregation for my moment of weakness. I will endevour to play tight and only play true hands from now on.

I am a man of the poker cloth and should know better.

Stay true and play well fellow poker players we all can be tempted by the poker devil in our heads just try to block him out.
    :)
  • edited July 2009
    Forgive me father for i have sinned, i bluffed an opponent with one of the accursed hands, 72 suited, for a pot worth 35 BB's. Then something terrible happened! They folded on the river and something evil and horrid took over within me and forced me to SHOW THEM MY BLUFF!! I can only beg forgiveness.
  • edited July 2009
    that was very evil indeed my child and i shall prey for your forgiveness although you have come to me in shame of this and i admire your honesty. But dont blame yourself too much as you did get your chips in so the other player couldnt of had that great a hand and your bluff worked. This takes a lot of courage, Showing your hand probably wasnt the best move because all the other players now know you are capable of doing dispicable things the positive thing is it probably learnt the other guy a lesson into not getting involved with players like you my child. for penence i want you to say 2 ALL INNS and 4 shuffle up and deals.

go in peace and prosper at the tables :)

• edited July 2009
    Not quite ft, but did cash in the bh - went out to eventual winner my AQ against AK both suited.  I played like a fool in the deepstack though - unexpectedly had to miss first hour, had only lost a tenth of my starting stack but had a rush of blood and tried to bluff with 56 suited, hit my flush on river but oppo outflushed me!
  • edited July 2009
    this is a great thread and has really tickled my sense of humor. would you be interested in writing a blog Dazler? if so make sure you shout up when we re-open our blogging competition in september. take a look here
  • edited July 2009
    Not quite ft, but did cash in the bh - went out to eventual winner my AQ against AK both suited.  I played like a fool in the deepstack though - unexpectedly had to miss first hour, had only lost a tenth of my starting stack but had a rush of blood and tried to bluff with 56 suited, hit my flush on river but oppo outflushed me!
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi SoLack you are now officialy ordained into the church of Dazler its good to see you regularly at my sermans and that you are playing with the power of the poker gods. It was unfortuante you lost with the AQ but sometimes it goes like that and you can take solace in the fact that it was against the eventual winner. Im sure we can just blame the dealer for that not your play. Missing the fist hour and still having a large amount in your chipstack rushes of blood to the head happen to the best of us but remember no matter how many chips you have left , if you are in the game you have a chance of winning and little white lies are ok with the poker gods but big whopping lies can get you into trouble. Take your time and meditate if needs be for the time you get on the clock around 20 sec and your play will improve. WD again my son for cashing unfortunately im preying hard but am up against the devil every time I play but good always triumphs over evil :)
  • edited July 2009
    this is a great thread and has really tickled my sense of humor. would you be interested in writing a blog Dazler? if so make sure you shout up when we re-open our blogging competition in september. take a look here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Brother Sky_Rich Im glad you sense of humor was tickled and it always makes me happy to enlighten and make people feel good after bad beats. If I can help spread the word of the poker gods by writing a blog then i would love too. Im sure there are lots of mis-guided poker souls out there feeling the pain of there diminishing bank accounts that need help. It would be good to spread the word maybe on the day of worship - sunday. I need something to do other than playing the great game and i would be honoured to do a blog. I love the community on here and I also love the community wine so lets do it and get a big congregation going. Peace be with you brother and good luck :)
  • edited July 2009
    I am keeping the faith brother, I'm keeping the faith.  You keep apreying, and I keep acashing.  Now I am ordained, I will bless you with 10% of my luck, use it well.
  • edited July 2009
    Im affraid i am losing my faith at the moment brother solack seems what ever i do I keep being sucked out on by demons. I hit trip 7s on the flop with my 78 against A4 unsuited and they get runner runner runner flush! then i get poket Ks against 24 and they get 2,2 on the turn and river, I get AK and hit the A aginst JQ and they hit 2 pair on the flop, then my AQ hits the Q on the flop no over cards and they have poket Qs, I hit the nut flush and they have a full house the list goes on!these have all happened over the last few days most of it today  no matter how i play or what hand i have the poker gods just seem to be testing my faith. Im glad its working for you brother SoLack and i really do need that 10% luck cos I aint getting it from anywhere else. But I feel better coming into My Church and moaning about it. I will continue to keep my faith but its hard with beats like these. :(