You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Well friday i had not even £15 due to not playing enough but built up to £109 over the weekend

Just seen this so i will start at £109 and if i put the hours in, i expect by end of the month i should be able to turn into £250 catch is i can only play cash up to £150 as i tend to be better at MTT, SNG just better bankroll management for me imo
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    im still waiting for my bonus and cant start this challenge untill then. Im at a real disadvantage now as it seems it could take up to 10 days for the bonus to be paid. So until then im behind with the challenge :(
    Posted by Dazler
    nothing orford can do about it, report it to customer service
  • edited May 2010
    I have have just read that it took Chris Ferguson nine months to get to $100, and I am hoping to get to £100 in a month...  and the weird thing is I still think I can do it!
  • edited May 2010

+ £74 for an afternoons grinding.......Let it slip towards the end.

214 + 74 = current roll of £288 from £100

More to come just having a min to watch Ireland slap us around on the cricket pitch, need to record so I know where I'm at!

DOHH
  • ybyb
    edited May 2010
    Current roll = £3372 (from initial roll of £3k)

I managed to get it up to around 3.5k at the weekend before donking off over £500 on Sunday evening, but had a pretty good session just now ending up about £400 in profit to get back on track.
  • edited May 2010
    I've cashed in the TKO winners freeroll which has given my bankroll a massive boost... more to follow!
  • edited May 2010
    Started on nothing with an empty account. Just won £2.50 on the tko winners freeroll so i'm up and running! going to try and reach £25 by playing dym! a few weeks ago I managed to win 13 of these in a row before going bust by playing russian roulette, big mistake! So hopefully I can repeat this or even go a few better! Good luck people and keep up the good work!
  • edited May 2010
    slowly going up, not to far to go but not getting ahead of myself can spew it all away still.

Starting bankroll £30

New bankroll £52.20

All this after being stacked by Rich earlier lol got him back with a well timed bluff though lol 
  • edited May 2010
    Starting bankroll £500

Current bankroll £1004

Profit so far £504
  • edited May 2010
    decided to start grinding today and stop being lazy. Lost a big pot on my very last hand which annoyed me for a good bit but still up for the session.

+£419 for the day.
  • edited May 2010

Lost exactly £100 - £288 - 100 becomes £188 :(

edit - I have £13 held funds! woooo 

288-100 + 13 = £201
  • edited May 2010
    Starting Bankroll £50.00

Current Bankroll £109.16
  • edited May 2010
    great missed the tko winners freeby again!!

played 1hr, [while tryin to watch Avatar...?...]

br = 63.98                           

4/5
    4/8 x2 =  +5.25 & +1.14
    dym£2 = cashed
    total = +8.14

br = 72.12

[oh n nice one machka for the table mate]

* edits to keep note *

5/5

-1.76 [£1dym & BH£2.30 (2heads)]
     +6.43 [2tables 4/8]

br =  76.79

6/5
     -2.30 [Vsat & £120 Gtd]
     +6.65 [£2dym & 4/8]

br = 81.14

• edited May 2010

UPDATE (PLUS A REASON FOR THAT LAZY MACHKA TO DO SOME WORK! :)

OPENING BALANCE  = £92.25

Only played 4 games allday so this will be a quick, maybe.

£5.50 B/I - 3pm (which actually was the 3.10pm) MTT - 1st/33 - return + £100.00!!!!
    (I AM PRETTY SURE I HAVE NOT MENTIONED THIS AT ALL TO ANYONE SO ^^^^^^^^^^^ LOOK AT THAT ONE AGAIN!!! )
    TKO FREEROLL - 77/826 - + £2.50(it all counts on a BR challenge)
    £1500 B/H      -  64/164 -
    - £3.50 (took two heads)
    Forum SnG            7/10      £5.50

CLOSING BALANCE =  £180.25
  • edited May 2010
    Ending Day 4 on £7.00.  Chris Ferguson can't touch this.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't know where I am on this BR thingy any more - to scared to look - got stacked 6 times tonight - my AA lost to 10 3 on a 10 10 10 flop, then my JJ lost on a 3JQ flop to QQ, then I bluffed off a stack with 72 on a gut shot, then had AK aipf v 83 ffs bink comes the 8 on the turn!! Then I have 77 lose to Q9 - it's all in and he binks the 9 on the turn and just for good measure he hits another 9 on the river!! On a downer at the moment - nothing going right so as I say I can't be bothered to look at where my BR stands - I have other things on my mind. Just went through HH - one last one - my KK lost to J9 - Flop 873 both all in - Turn 10 ffs!! Good night lol
  • edited May 2010
      ok br update ,  won a x2  lost a s&g with the forum guys ,  profit  in cash table £7  so br stands @  £70
    Posted by IRISHROVER
     br was 70 yesterday ,

sliped back to 62 ,

now its gone back up to 78 ,

had a little success in cash nlh and dym omaha

so br started 50

up 28 at present

so br now stands @ £78 !
  • edited May 2010

After not playing yesterday things got off to an horrific start losing in 4 £2.25 DYM Omaha and a £2.30 Holdem BH MTT (no heads).

Evening was better though - 3 x £2.25 DYM (2/3) and managed to take down Irishrover's £2.20 Holdem 10 seater!

So down on day but coulda been worse.

BR now £23.10

• edited May 2010
    Bad start to the day AA getting cracked by JJ and 85 to knock me out of two dym's, but battled through and finished 7/12 cashes for the day

Total profit is +£16.25
  • edited May 2010
    OK change of plan - bit fed up of dyms at the minute so have decided to try cash playin the 0.05/0.10 level. After 4 hours last night was up about 2 quid (lol) better couple of hours just now ended up about £35 up. Current BR = £172.75
  • edited May 2010
    Down a hundo in past two days.

Small setback!
  • edited May 2010
    Not gonna be able to play later so here's todays results.

1 x £2.25 DYM (fail)

Then after waiting nearly half an hour for another to fill up and still just me in it I jumped into the £5.50 that was sitting with 4 registered.

1 x £5.50 DYM (cash)

BR now £25.35

• edited May 2010
    i cant be bothered with this anymore, sick of the amount of people calling my 4-5 bets with 7-10 and flopping 2 pair. ive been called by hands like these for the last 2 days and im constantly losing with big pairs to people who call because their cards are suited and flopping straights, 2 pairs. ridiculous.
  • edited May 2010
    Day 5 finished for me. £65 up so far, target was £50 so reached that, just going to keep going and see where i end up. Whoop Whoop
  • edited May 2010
    Hi guys and girls,

Glad to see the majority of people on here are having success with this BR challenge.

Ironically, the man who set it up- i.e. me- is having  a nightmare!

I will save the grisly details for my next blog (coming soon) but suffice to say there may be a new- hastily assembled- BR challenge starting again for me soon! Yes, my ROI is hovering dangerously near 3 figures...with a minus in front of it.

Usual problem for me- it's not the poker play itself- it's the inability to stay at the correct level when I suffer a slight setback and thus compounding a small loss into a giant one by trying to claw back my losses in one heroic session on a ridiculously expensive table.

When will I learn?

Presumably never. 

Another thing I'm learning the hard way is that cash is just not my bag right now. MTTs seem to be my forte these days as well as the good old reliable DYMs.

Might tactically switch to these two formats for the remainder of the month!

• edited May 2010
    Ending Day 4 on £7.00.  Chris Ferguson can't touch this.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I thought it was MC Hammer who couldn't touch it?
  • edited May 2010
    Greetings from Moscow tavarish!

Finally sorted out internet access, so I just now started. 2 £5 DYM played, both won so I'm up to £109. Will call that a day and get some kip.

hope to get some time tomorrow evening, but I have to get up at some ridiculous hour to get to the airport for a 6 am (local time) flight.

good luck all
  • edited May 2010
    Pleasure to contribure Rich..... 
    Posted by bandini
    Ty Bandini. Er..could you contribute a bit more please? I could do with it right now...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : I thought it was MC Hammer couldn't touch it?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You are mistaken Richard.  MC Hammer told you that you couldn't touch it, but he touches it daily.
  • edited May 2010
    for the record, i am down to £22

i wont be continuing the challenge and have posted on another site looking for staking deals to play my usual levels. (offers taken here too if anyone is interested).

sorry for being a pain but i am paying for a wedding so i need to do what is right to get back on track