You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Better l8 than never - As ive been offline and am now using a dongle i will just start with the 27 quid in my account and hope to get it to 100 by end of the month

I,ll be playing a bit of everything from lowstakes cash to MTT,s 
  • edited May 2010
    BR now £75.63 (from start of £50)

was a bit higher but just donked off £20 on a cash table

slow and steady progress
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    Better l8 than never - As ive been offline and am now using a dongle i will just start with the 27 quid in my account and hope to get it to 100 by end of the month I,ll be playing a bit of everything from lowstakes cash to MTT,s 
    Posted by MP33

End of day one ( about 4 hours later ) and about 6 or 7 percent up  (it sounds better than £1.79 up) 
  • edited May 2010

Havnt put any details to this challenge yet as had to wait until the 5th may for my £5 bonus but have done a chart to show where i have been winning and losing. I am down to £4.12 from £5 but mainly because i had 4 games where the hands were face down or i lost connection after being chip leader and had it in the bag grrrrrrrrrrrr. Anyways am gonna stick with this charting of my progress as not done this before and is good to see where im winning and losing the most. My biggest mistake was to play the £1.10 sit n goes as this was above my BR management that i said i would do.

so im down 88p
  • edited May 2010
    up to £56

had a big change when I played a game of 2/4p with my cards covered a few days ago and got back to playing good poker
  • edited May 2010
    Ok 1st Update after a week of cash i am up by £192.26 wow i best check that again !!!!
  • edited May 2010

Okay I played yesterday from 1pm till 5 minutes to midnight, and won a total of 4 pounds and 16 pennies.

201 + 4.16 = Current roll of £205.16

Gonna be fun watching this develop towards the end of the month, Im gonna be risking all to try and chase the guys ahead of me (£100 starters). Hopefully if I can concentrate again, it cud be me being chased! gr8 updates all 

DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    managed to get back the early losses. now back to £35.68 despite some connection issues. Grrrrrr.
    Anyone got any ideas about how not to hit the computer when this keeps happening!!?
  • edited May 2010
    gone from 100 start upto 153, then back down to 97!!

5p 10p is hard work!!!

just had a little succes on 10 20p upto £110. lets hope i
    can start heading in the right direction again!!!
  • ybyb
    edited May 2010
    Running good over the last couple of days.

BR is now at £4231
  • edited May 2010
    Well true to my word i managed to donk my roll off to £100 last night i never learn that £10 rr are not good for your bankroll when your chasing cash.
    Got back on track today by winning the £100 guarented so roll back up to £160

Starting roll £50

current roll £160

profit = +£110
  • edited May 2010
    i hit sets for fun, glad i didnt go out tonight, +£2301 for the day, Bankroll is now at £6555
  • edited May 2010
    Had another good day today, meaning i havent had 1 losing session this month, + £123 today BR is now at £1,063
  • edited May 2010
    rayte im off bed now current BR £300 so got abit back £20 down overall,its gonna be tough to double me starting BR but hope i,ve turned the corner now,was begining to think i,d dropped one when i said i,d double it then realised its just for fun but still i,m gonna try...nite nite
  • edited May 2010
    Bit up and down today, but finished up.  I have all of £11.98.
  • edited May 2010
    Not had much of a chance to play too much today.

Had a session this morning where I turned a -£100 start to a small profit, and an hour this evening and it's a +£90 day today so BR up to £1,130.

Just £870 to go now to reach the 2k target.
  • edited May 2010
    just finished - started my day 2 £1.79 up on £28 - up to £45 then puff (as in a puff of smoke) - the inevetable

can u reload? only started with the 27 i had in account

reloaded with 20 as i was playin well on same table and finished with £56 so i will just take the 20 back which makes £36 and i,m defo not doin percentages as it is nearly 5am and getting light
  • edited May 2010

Br dwn then up then dwn then up and back dwn to £90.65, im so bad 

• edited May 2010
    Had a nightmare last night on cash if im honest, but clawed most back late on :

MTTs = + £152
    CASH = - £170

Start balance = £500
    End balance = £749.83

Need to start going through the gears, stuck in neutral at the mo :)
  • edited May 2010
    Bit of a blow yesterday and Bankroll down to £93.41 so lets hope we have a better day today.
  • edited May 2010
    OK- new blog just posted, which you can find here

The full, unadulterated horror of my bankroll challenge is there for you to enjoy. It does't matter how badly you're doing, I can guarantee my blog will make you feel better.

Enjoy!
  • edited May 2010
    OK- new blog just posted, which you can find  here The full, unadulterated horror of my bankroll challenge is there for you to enjoy. It does't matter how badly you're doing, I can guarantee my blog will make you feel better. Enjoy!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You really must ask Sky Rich to show you how to post a link lol. It's my day off, i'm relaxing and now I have to go trawling it's really just not on lol. I like Lazy Dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited May 2010
    OK- new blog just posted, which you can find  here The full, unadulterated horror of my bankroll challenge is there for you to enjoy. It does't matter how badly you're doing, I can guarantee my blog will make you feel better. Enjoy!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You're right m8, i feel a bit better now but nothing in the rules as you said before to stop you reloading and starting again. Although this time it might be an idea to remember patience is a virtue.Good luck for the rest of the month.
                 Just goes to show TK doesn't just send everyone else to sleep with some of his interesting facts.
  • edited May 2010
    See you on micro tables Rich lol.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : You really must ask Sky Rich to show you how to post a link lol. It's my day off, i'm relaxing and now I have to go trawling it's really just not on lol. I like Lazy Dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by POKERTREV

Unless Mr. Orford edited it after your post, I think you'll find that if you click on the word "here" in his post that it will magically transport you to his blog.
  • edited May 2010
    Posted by RICHORFORD

cheers m8 will go & have a look now as have been running really bad this morning  bankroll down to £123-04 am hoping to bounce back later tho lol  dtw
  • edited May 2010
    Well, lost £27.00 in tourney entires last night but won it back on micro 5/10 cash so br at £51.26...I'm out of the red and into the green :o)

x
  • edited May 2010

great day for me thus far, after finishing day 1 on 335 from 50, i slowly kept losing money, had 150 this morning, but due to some nice cash pots on 0.50/1 (and the help of quad 9s vs aces) im upto £336.16, so ive made all of £1 since day 1 :) yipeee, need to start winning again, but still, well on my way to my £500 target. :)

• edited May 2010
    i hit sets for fun, glad i didnt go out tonight, +£2301 for the day, Bankroll is now at £6555
    Posted by offshoot
    i made the mistake of playing you :( and trying to bluff all in with Q high when u had a flopped set of 7s! haha, nice work, ill jsut try to stay away from u as u just take my money lool
  • edited May 2010
    Start £50
    Current £75

back in the game!