You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : 1st game won dym, lost 6 in  cash lost dym next,   was down 9 quid at this stage , next game the nice guys in the 10pm  forum 10 seater left me win . and last game of the night  £5 dym won . so up 6 quid tonight ! so br started £50 now  up in total £34 br stands @ £ 84
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    starting  £50

+ £40

br now stands @ £ 90
  • edited May 2010

Bank Roll now stands at 155 which is pretty good spin up from 52....

Hope I can continue like this for the rest of the month!

• edited May 2010
    Just finished - what an up and down night - had a day off yesterday but thought i,d try DYM,s as only being able to play one table can get get pretty boring on low stakes cash

£5.50 DYM - 6 players finished 4th after losing an allin with AK then realising the bloke opposite had been sat out the whole game and would have been out soon - schoolboy error
    £11 DYM - won equalling £3.50 profit

got fed up pretty quickly so back to low stakes cash - took a few hours but £49 profit = daily profit of £52

starting BR - £27
    started today £144
    current BR  -   £196 
  • edited May 2010
    Right- finished tonight on £12.25. That's up from £2.15 on ONE 2p/4p table. Well happy with that. Next target- £25. Hope this inspires people not to give up on their challenges, no matter how desperate they're looking!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Wow - character is what people show - or not - in adversity, when things go wrong, & it's uphill, with the wind & rain in their face.

That is great stuff Rich, you have real backbone, & I'm incredibly proud of you.

Keep calm, & keep it going. Everyone wants you to succeed.

• edited May 2010
    Started challenge at £109 although initial bankroll couple days before was £10-£15
    Got up to about £235 on cash, but have then lost to £50 few days after, Currently sitting at £95 roughly although should have been alot more after yesterdays bad beats! still for now will just try to use good BM and hope not too many bad beats, will then check in week or so to see how im getting on

dunno whether to start MTT within the challenge as usually do better in them but could kill my bankroll at the same time
  • edited May 2010
    Right- finished tonight on £12.25. That's up from £2.15 on ONE 2p/4p table. Well happy with that. Next target- £25. Hope this inspires people not to give up on their challenges, no matter how desperate they're looking!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Gutted I missed the start of the Orford Comeback Trail!
    I'll have to pick my table even more carefully now if you're staying on the 2p/4p tables for a while.
    Then again, I might get some good tips and advice from playing against you (or railing)!

Had a good couple of sessions since Friday and hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself!
    Now up to £45.97 from £35 after a bad start.
    Continued good luck to all who are in the Challenge (unless I'm up against you!)

David
  • edited May 2010

Good session yesterday. despite being Completely Pwned by the Ozzmeister general on a couple of occasions.

This is becoming a recurring pattern :(.......

Im okay when he goes to bed tho.

£381.30 + £252.37 = 634.67
  • edited May 2010

managed to gain a little back yesterday my bankroll currently stands at £130-69 today will be on cash tables gl 2 all with there challenges & Well Done to Rich for getting upto £12-25 Well Played keep it going m8
  • edited May 2010

Well had some bad beats lately  but i guess thats poker and the BR is down to £123.82 from the giddy hights of £200 a few days ago but im still up on the starting stack of £50

STARTING BR =£50

CURRENT BR=£123.82

PROFIT = +£73.82

• edited May 2010
    Good session yesterday. despite being Completely Pwned by the Ozzmeister general on a couple of occasions. This is becoming a recurring pattern :(....... Im okay when he goes to bed tho.   £381.30 + £252.37 = 634.67
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ozzie likes this alot lol

keep going m8 and look 4 the value, i suggest playing tbs with dylan12 sat on them

gl with the challenge, ozzie
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : Ozzie likes this alot lol keep going m8 and look 4 the value, i suggest playing tbs with dylan12 sat on them gl with the challenge, ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    PFFT - me not like!! lol
  • edited May 2010
    Adding to my BR steadily every day at the moment.

Up to £1,555,66.

Which incidentally leaves me with £444.44 to reach my 2k target.
  • edited May 2010

Are we counting the cash for points money that we earn for the month of may towards the total for are bankroll challenge??

• edited May 2010
    Haven't played mych lately.  Had to concentrate on auditions and such.  A couple of freeroll results leave me with £14.93.
  • edited May 2010
    played 2 tournies tonite cashed in one yipee BR stands at £301 so that makes me £19 down nite nite

EDIT: no were not counting the cash 4 points money
  • edited May 2010

ok, im broke... my br swung as high as 100 and as low as minus 5 quid (present)

50 quid gone, and i have reloaded a little

my challenge is over, i played at the wrong stakes and didnt have the patience, desire or dicipline needed to succeed.

good luck the rest of you

think im the first casulty and have egg on my face, well at least im big enough to admit it

I WILL be back though, another month and will try harder next time.. when my head is in the right frame of mind

• edited May 2010
    ok, im broke... my br swung as high as 100 and as low as minus 5 quid (present) 50 quid gone, and i have reloaded a little my challenge is over, i played at the wrong stakes and didnt have the patience, desire or dicipline. good luck the rest of you think im the first casulty and have egg on my face, well at least im big enough to admit it
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    sorry to take ur thunder but ive already admitted gonig broke, untill iwon the first team event.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : sorry to take ur thunder but ive already admitted gonig broke, untill iwon the first team event.
    Posted by 35suited
    sorry m8 i didnt realise, nice comeback for you tho m8 well done
  • edited May 2010
    Hard lines Greg - u shud be playing with a much bigger roll and a much higher level, and making much more money than you do!

Remember a convo I had with you at a mastercash table before xmas, and you said you were gonna take cash seriously when u got a new computer.

The sooner the better !!

Ur right  - head must be right though! :)

Whats happened to the table of updates, with ROI?? - loadsa lists/tables on these forums but that was by far the best one !!

1/3 of the month gone, some impressive results so far! keep guin guys n gals :)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : starting  £50            + £40 br now stands @ £ 90
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    MUST SAY I AM ENJOYING THE MUTI TABLING BABY CASH TABLES

GREAT FUN PLAYING SO MANY HANDS LOL !

STARTING £50

+ £47

BR STANDS @ £97   

£3 MORE TO HIT  MY BR CHALLENGE OF £100 !

P.S THIS CHALLENGE HAS GOT ME HOOKED ON CASH TABLES

AINT NO GOING BACK NOW !

• edited May 2010
    - In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : Wow - character is what people show - or not - in adversity, when things go wrong, & it's uphill, with the wind & rain in their face. That is great stuff Rich, you have real backbone, & I'm incredibly proud of you. Keep calm, & keep it going. Everyone wants you to succeed.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol "Eevryone wants you to succeed"   yeah , as long as its not against them

look forward to nxt update

fairplay to GREGHOGG - not easy coming on to post when uve gone bust - think i,d be to peed off to

PS - could you not persuade the smooth talking Mr Giddins to take part in this Rich or is he worried about the taxman seeing his bankroll
  • edited May 2010
    well 4p/8p max sit down is £8 (unless ur on the special £10 sitdown table). Eeveryone says different on the amount of pullups you have. I think it all depends on your style, if you are tight and dont fish much then 15 buyins is probably enough, if you are very aggro, and are regually going all in on draws and bluffs etc then I would advise to have about 30-40 pullups as the swings are much greater. It also depends on how many tables you are playing as you obviously have a much larger amount of money on the tables at once
    Posted by FlashFlush
    This is where I'm going wrong flush...my br is too small to take my swings...lol

Had a dreadful, floppin awful weekend playing one eyed at the tables and lost £23.

Been avoiding playing since then...Been railing the Mighty Knights this week, though I did win £2.00 towards the team coffers on event one i've been pant's since then!!! No patience this week, think there's a full moon coming or something...

Decided to play in the forum sng and though I had exceleent fun I only cashed once in 3rd @£4.00 (+6 poker points ovb.) so pretty much broke even apart from the rakes on that!

BR now £29.00

Onwards and Upwards

x
  • edited May 2010

just finished - low stakes cash - got carried away with new computer and went from 1-2 tabes to 6 at one point - don,t think i,m quite ready for that yet -anyway got money back but  haven,t got the patience tonight

starting BR - £27
    started today - 196
    finished on  --    209

haven,t played any MTT,s since starting this challenge - might try that tommorow

• edited May 2010
    Approaching the halfway point of the month and I'm now only 88% down!

Loving my life!

Glad to see most players are making tidy profits.

And as for those on a bit of a downer, keep the faith! :)
  • edited May 2010
    Dont worry Rich ive got 14p left outta my £5 so cant afford a game at the moment but im keeping the faith rich and playing in the team games tonight and will hopefully cash and get back on track! im a proper GOONEY and never say die :)

Heres my chart of wins and loses

• edited May 2010
    Rich, remember that tenner I borrowed you a couple of days ago to make you "look good"? Can I have it back now? You are not returning my PM's
  • edited May 2010
    A good week for me.

Started with £0.00

Those very nice people at Sky gave me a fiver as it was my birthday...(thank you sky, much appreciated!)

Won £15 coming 5th in the team games and it's been up a bit, down a bit since.

Present total £20.70
  • edited May 2010
    A good week for me. Started with £0.00 Those very nice people at Sky gave me a fiver as it was my birthday...(thank you sky, much appreciated!) Won £15 coming 5th in the team games and it's been up a bit, down a bit since. Present total £20.70
    Posted by bobcat52
    n1 bobcat thats the way to do it and im sure i helped a bit yesterday lol. wish it was my birthday but not until january what am i gonna do.
  • edited May 2010
    OK- £4 down on a 2p/4p table whilst going over my script for tonight's show.

Have finished the session with £2.34

Overall bankroll now- £10.59

Minor setback. Onwards and upwards...
  • edited May 2010
    Another £150 added to the Clio BR.

BR up to £1,703.

Only £297 to go.

Off to the York races for a boozy weekend though so won't be back on till Monday.

I'll be very disappointed now if I don't hit the 2k mark before the end of May.