You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    OK- currently on Mastercash table 3 and two quid up for the night!
    I'm going to be playing the Mastercash TV tables all evening till midnight and many of the hands will be featured in a forthcoming  show on the channel in the next week or so dedicated to my bankroll challenge (due to be recorded tomorrow with Messrs Kendall and Fitzgerald who will no doubt be picking apart my poker with considerable relish)
    So, you if you fancy being on TV, come and play!
  • edited May 2010

STARTING       50 

UP        66

BR STANDS    116

BABY CASH GAMES ARE PROVING TO BE A WINNER FOR ME !

• edited May 2010
    i didnt realise richard orford was so hench, do you work out mate?

cheers
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    i didnt realise richard orford was so hench, do you work out mate? cheers
    Posted by MadHorse
    You been peeking in the Sky Poker showers again, Mad Horse? I thought we discussed this little habit of yours...

Also, nice use of the word 'hench'- I'd only ever used it before in the context of James Bond-style henchmen.

You learn something new every day...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : You been peeking in the Sky Poker showers again, Mad Horse? I thought we discussed this little habit of yours... Also, nice use of the word 'hench'- I'd only ever used it before in the context of James Bond-style henchmen. You learn something new every day...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Silly sausage.  I do not mean this affectionately.
  • edited May 2010
    Rich, when you first posted this thread I was in two minds whether to do it! I decided that I wouldn't as my form and fortune was at a really low ebb! I had £24 in my account and I knew that, rather than doubling or trebling it up, I was much more likely to lose the lot and have to deposit some more if I wanted to keep playing!
    Now, having turned that £24 into £3500+, I think I may have made a slight error! haha
    All the best with your challenge mate, you CAN do it!!! ;)

• edited May 2010
    Hi all

Well, another FT in the Omaha 9.15 MTT, finished 3rd, really chuffed again, BR £103.55 + 26 = new total £129.55.
  • edited May 2010
    Slowly but surely my banrkroll is going up
    It now stands at 32.08 and I won't give up

A few tourneys set me back
    But cash tables allowed me to stay on track
  • edited May 2010
    Due to a terrible bout of food poisoning I've not been able to play for more than 5 minutes this week.

And the 5 mins I did play involved gifting a buy-in to some fortunate chap.

Hopefully still on course to reach my target but still a bit nautious and not ready to concentrate on ze pokerz.
  • edited May 2010
    I am now in PROFIT!!!!!

.....4p profit.

RESULT!!

• edited May 2010
    Rich, when you first posted this thread I was in two minds whether to do it! I decided that I wouldn't as my form and fortune was at a really low ebb! I had £24 in my account and I knew that, rather than doubling or trebling it up, I was much more likely to lose the lot and have to deposit some more if I wanted to keep playing! Now, having turned that £24 into £3500+, I think I may have made a slight error! haha All the best with your challenge mate, you CAN do it!!! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan

There's NO need for that Digsy ;)
  • edited May 2010

So everyone is aware we will be covering Richard's BR challenge in "PTP: The challenge" show at 20:30 tonight on channel 865.

• edited May 2010

had a few days off and came back yesterday and continued where i left off (playing MTT,s) -

just can,t make a final table or even cash at the moment - need to get back to cash but going to stick with the MTT,s for another day or 2

as you said earlier Rich "funny old game". I,d like to see my graph - started a week into the challenge  but my results have gone something like WWWWWWWLLLLLL

starting BR - £27
    started day with £121

current - £86

• edited May 2010
    Well i have reached my target of £300 from £50 as my BR now stands at £338.87 and i have also qualified for the VLV semi final on sunday which in my eyes should be another £110 added on as i have in theory won the money but i cant cash it.
    Been busy in the £20 and £30 dym nd now starting to turn a bad few days round and hopefully thr dreaded variance wont pay me a visit any day soon.

STARTING BR=£50

CURRENT BR=338.87
    (or £438.87 if you include the vlv semi entry)

PROFIT = £288.87 (or £398.87 as i see it :0)  )
  • edited May 2010

STARTING       50             UP        66   BR STANDS    116     BABY CASH GAMES ARE PROVING TO BE A WINNER FOR ME !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
     starting 50

up        76

br stands @ 126

may move from baby cash ,

to toddler cash soon !

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE :   starting 50  up        76  br stands @ 126 may move from baby cash , to toddler cash soon !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    If you ever wrrite a book on BRM I will buy it for sure.
    You demonstrate a fantastic ability to manage your BR.
  • edited May 2010
    BR stands at £212 so thats £108 down....this is hard....nite nite
  • edited May 2010
    I haven't played for a while so put in a marathon session today.  Got £18.95 now.  Patience is a virtue...
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : There's NO need for that Digsy ;)
    Posted by LML
    Sorry LM but I just couldn't resist a teeny weeny little gloat! My BAD! ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    Starting balance   £52
    Current balance   £247
    Net Diff                £195

Jumped up another £20 profit tonight playing some DYM SnG's. Night started pretty indifferently as I suffered a few bad beats with hands when pushing with KK only to be called by a rag ace which then hit.
  • edited May 2010
    Right I am back on track, haven't posted for a while - just been concentrating on the Challenge. I took my roll off the other day and my BR challenge stood at £8.94 (a loss of £91.06 from my original £100), was a hard grind to build back up and frustrating at times because it seemed nothing was going right but I have ended up taking my BR back up to £407.88 which Im pleased about - I think that I will probably close the challenge there and actually be gratefull that I made profit in the end - could have been more and should have been more I suppose but that's Poker!!
  • edited May 2010
    Hello

I'm new to sky poker after uninstalling pp due to dodgy cards

I put a tenner in now, after cashing out 50 quid i have £36.23 mostly bounty hunter and 4 and 8p cash games
  • edited May 2010

Another losing night! This one down the line of the more traditional "play well, grind, win for 8 hours then blow it all in the last 20 minutes".

£1,143.34 - 73.14 = 1,070.20

Getting too comfortable and slacking, so withdrawing alot of the bankroll to focus the mind. GL all
  • edited May 2010
    Update on my status

just won £5 bounter hunter tournament worh 73 quid

£10 /> £165.71

not bad 1500%

A wee update banked £100 i have £193.72 left on here

£10 /> £293.72  2837.2%
  • edited May 2010
    Not posted update for a while (not played very much) but BR now stands at £1861.

£139 to go.

If I get much time to play I'll be disappointed if my 2k target isn't hit by the end of the weekend. With nearly a week to spare.

:)
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE :   starting 50  up        76  br stands @ 126 may move from baby cash , to toddler cash soon !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    start 50 

up 95

br stands @ 145

played baby cash hi/lo omaha tonight

great fun !

• edited May 2010
    uuuuuuuurrrggh....

havnt posted since 9/5 [forum tilt]... been havin a bad time
    after startin well n playin well n slowly increasing BR, ive stalled n goin no where fast.

But... i havnt gone bust... pretty much the story since i started here in Nov 09... started on £2 bonus without loadin cash, n still playin on same BR, but i feel like the bad runs outway the short good ones.

from 91.08 on 9/5

BR now   79.71   
  • edited May 2010
    Have not posted for a few days, my latest update is :

Start Balance = £500
    End Balance = £1714.13

Its my birthday today so im out on the lash when the clock strikes 12 !!

If anybody spots me on a table later on spewing loads of WONGA, take it easy on me lol !!

GL everyone
  • edited May 2010
    Starting Roll for challenge £50.00 - Now stands at £61.42.

Must go on the grind if I am to pull off this little baby, but at least I am now showing a profit again.