You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010

have had a good day up £25-61 on cash tables & cashed in 2 of 7 torneys overall my Bankroll stands at

£272-73   dtw
  • edited May 2010
    £22.40 thanks to my first tatse of HiLo.  Soon be on the £1.15 tables!
  • edited May 2010

Not much time to play today but managed to add another £55 to the roll which now stands at

£375
  • edited May 2010

On the home straight now !!! This thread/challenge has been wicked, nice one Rich for setting it up.

On the whole, played well (although not as well as Tuesday, but 3 times the profit!) hmmm

Got owned all night by Eagle26 - he crushed me, kept getting position on me, my turn to sit in the kool seat next time!!!

That one super sik hand, nut straight v set v set got me going big time, and eventually ended up with a nice profit.

£1.197.62 + £351.02 =  £1548.64

If someone would have offered me that at the start of the month I would have snatched their hand off. 
    Also found $12 floating in another account and got that up to $130 last couple of days :)

2 more playing days left for DOHH, and theyre wikid ones too, a Saturday, and a bank holiday!!!

Could be some big twist and turns to come.!!

GL to Shaxx on the grind tomorra night, and gl all in your challenges.

DOHH

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    On the home straight now !!! This thread/challenge has been wicked, nice one Rich for setting it up. On the whole, played well (although not as well as Tuesday, but 3 times the profit!) hmmm Got owned all night by Eagle26 - he crushed me, kept getting position on me, my turn to sit in the kool seat next time!!! That one super sik hand, nut straight v set v set got me going big time, and eventually ended up with a nice profit. £1.197.62 + £351.02 =  £1548.64 If someone would have offered me that at the start of the month I would have snatched their hand off.  Also found $12 floating in another account and got that up to $130 last couple of days :) 2 more playing days left for DOHH, and theyre wikid ones too, a Saturday, and a bank holiday!!! Could be some big twist and turns to come.!! GL to Shaxx on the grind tomorra night, and gl all in your challenges. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

doh you are defo m8y the

durrrrrrrrrr ! ! !

of skypoker,

wd m8y you deserve every penny of it .

topman !

• edited May 2010
    br now £43.34
    considering how well cash was going at the beginning of the week, I'll take it!
    Lost a bit of confidence after being rivered a couple of times on big pots and letting it affect me.
    Went to DYM's to regain some confidence - only 30p/60p ones, whichever were available.
    So far played 16 - cashed in 14.
    And had one go at cash and almost trebled mt buyin!
    More of the same I think for the rest of the month - won't make the target or come anywhere close but I'm going to set my own goal for next month after the weekend. What it will be will depend on the starting point!
    Here's hoping it'll be to get to at least £100 at the end of June as I've had a good weekend!

Good luck to everyone on their final push
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE :     start 50   up 125   br stands @ 175    good run in forum s&g .   bad run / good run / bad run / good run/ good run in cash lol !   patience / grinding & dealing with bad runs key !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    start 50

up 138

br stands @ 188
  • edited May 2010
    On the home straight now !!! This thread/challenge has been wicked, nice one Rich for setting it up. On the whole, played well (although not as well as Tuesday, but 3 times the profit!) hmmm Got owned all night by Eagle26 - he crushed me, kept getting position on me, my turn to sit in the kool seat next time!!! That one super sik hand, nut straight v set v set got me going big time, and eventually ended up with a nice profit. £1.197.62 + £351.02 =  £1548.64 If someone would have offered me that at the start of the month I would have snatched their hand off.  Also found $12 floating in another account and got that up to $130 last couple of days :) 2 more playing days left for DOHH, and theyre wikid ones too, a Saturday, and a bank holiday!!! Could be some big twist and turns to come.!! GL to Shaxx on the grind tomorra night, and gl all in your challenges. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanx mate, no doubt I shall be seeing you 2mora! Although the form you're in hopefully your oversleep!
  • edited May 2010

me morning session has been a game of 2 halfs up £12+ on cash  &  down  £15+ on tourneys/sats so me bankroll stands at

started   £150

currently   £269-73

up           £119-73

target       £300

dtw
  • edited May 2010
    On the home straight now !!! This thread/challenge has been wicked, nice one Rich for setting it up. £1.197.62 + £351.02 =  £1548.64
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Simply awesome mate.

Makes my £14 profit off £100 look a bit lame, mind you. Thanks for that.

(Oh, and I'm not going to even mention the fact that I'm on my SECOND challenge for the month and I lost £100 before that.
    )
  • edited May 2010
    Incidentally, due to the success of this thread those wise folk at Sky Poker have asked me to continue the bankroll challenege through June.

Any suggestions as to how we could shake it up in that month?

How about everyone starts on a tenner- and see who can turn it into the most cash by the end of the month?

Or maybe we should just carry on as we are with various different amounts of cash but aim for the same percentage increase. Let's say 200%?

How about- we all start on June 1st with a tenner and play the 2p/4p tables. Only when you hit a certain figure e.g. £100 are you allowed to move on to the next level.

So throughout the month, we all report about which level we're on, as opposed to how much money we've got. Easy table to set up and a good motivation for everyone- especially since, unlike pretty much any other sport, game, race etc, we'd all be starting on a level playing field.

A true test to see who is the best of the best!

Well, I've rattled off a few ideas off the top of my head there.

Any thoughts?
  • edited May 2010
    im up 4 any br challenge as i missed this 1. but i think every1 should start at a level pl;aying field tho
  • edited May 2010

Hi Rich i like the sound of that everyone starting with a tenner & move up through the levels   dtw
  • edited May 2010
    ok update, i havent posted 4 a while but im bk on track after a shocking 5/6 day peroid. All profit is coming from cash, having a nightmare in tournies and cant remember even the last time i cashed in one

starting br  £ 100

br now       £ 710          £ 610 profit 

I love the idea of starting down at 2/4p rich, it would be a gr8 challenge for all taking part
  • edited May 2010

Nice idea with 2p/4p...but a tenner? really? .....40% br strategy again Rich !! Will you learn....ever? ;) hehe
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE!:
    Nice idea with 2p/4p...but a tenner? really? .....40% br strategy again Rich !! Will you learn....ever? ;) hehe
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 I hate agreeing with JJ but a tenner is not enough imo - That would just be bad BR management - I think the concept is good but I do think that beginning with £50 is more realistic. With your track record in these things Rich I think the more BR there is to begin with the more chance you will have to survive - surely £10 will only last you an hour max ;) he he
  • edited May 2010
    If this happens i feel sorry for all the 4nl regs lol.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE!:
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Fair enough JJ- looks like I might be on to something though with everyone starting off with the same amount on the 2p/4p tables.

What would be your suggestion as to starting amount plus the figures you need to hit to go up to the next levels?

Maybe someone can post a little chart that we can all debate...

e.g.-
    Level 1      Bankroll      Table
                    £20            2p/4p

Level 2      Bankroll       Table
                    £160           4p/8p

etc, etc

We want to be able to price everyone in- so I don't think we want to start with more than £20.

What's everyone reckon?

• edited May 2010
    If this happens i feel sorry for all the 4nl regs lol.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Lol- Deuce. Good point. They won't know what's hit them! Will be fun though!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : +1 I hate agreeing with JJ but a tenner is not enough imo - That would just be bad BR management - I think the concept is good but I do think that beginning with £50 is more realistic. With your track record in these things Rich I think the more BR there is to begin with the more chance you will have to survive - surely £10 will only last you an hour max ;) he he
    Posted by dylan12

Hi Dyl- yeah agree about the starting br. But the problem is not everyone can afford to start off with £50....

Hmmm, suggestions?
  • edited May 2010

HI MR ORFORD ,

PLEASE DO NOT STEP ON MY TURF M8Y ,

I WILL CHOP YOUR MMMMMM   P.......    OFF ,

BIG HEADLINES ARE MINE AND ALL MINE .

SHORTEN YOUR HEADLINE AT ONCE OR

I SHALL VISIT YOU IN YOUR DREAMS TONIGHT

WITH MY MAGNIFYING GLASS AND KNIFE .

P.S GREAT IDEA THE TENNER IN !

• edited May 2010

Ah brilliant idea Rich.  I have been trying to beat the 4p tables for months with out success now.  I say bring on the higher stakes players, my bankroll could do with a boost.  ;-)

• edited May 2010
     HI MR ORFORD , PLEASE DO NOT STEP ON MY TURF M8Y , I WILL CHOP YOUR MMMMMM   P.......    OFF , BIG HEADLINES ARE MINE AND ALL MINE . SHORTEN YOUR HEADLINE AT ONCE OR I SHALL VISIT YOU IN YOUR DREAMS TONIGHT WITH MY MAGNIFYING GLASS AND KNIFE . P.S GREAT IDEA THE TENNER IN !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Lol Irish. Listen mate- that headline was twice the length originally. I cut it down out of respect for you!

As soon as we get the format sorted for the next 4 weeks it will just become 'Orford's June BR Challenge' or something...

Oh, and I gave your thread a plug on last night's live show, so shut it! ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Ah brilliant idea Rich.  I have been trying to beat the 4p tables for months with out success now.  I say bring on the higher stakes players, my bankroll could do with a boost.  ;-)
    Posted by Patching99
    Lol Patching. I'm really warming to this idea now.

Everyone piling on to the 2p/4p tables. Could be absolute carnage!

And I think it would be a real test for the big players- something a little different for them- they'd have to make some serious adjustments to their game in order to crush the level I would imagine.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : Fair enough JJ- looks like I might be on to something though with everyone starting off with the same amount on the 2p/4p tables. What would be your suggestion as to starting amount plus the figures you need to hit to go up to the next levels? Maybe someone can post a little chart that we can all debate... e.g.- Level 1       Bankroll      Table                 £20            2p/4p Level 2       Bankroll       Table                 £160           4p/8p etc, etc We want to be able to price everyone in- so I don't think we want to start with more than £20. What's everyone reckon?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    As said previously - concept is good but surely by only starting with £20 will only encourage bad habits within playing out of your BR. This concept imo should encourage people to play learn the purpose of good BR management that will hold them in goo stead in the future. I understand tat this is a bit of fun in a way but at the same time by only playing with £20 - that is 5BI's and anyone who plays a certain level of cash with just 5BI's is mad and we should not encourage people to do that. I know I'm coming accross quite serious now but I do believe if this is to be done correctly then good BR management should be used and shown otherwise there will be more failures than successes. 
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : Hi Dyl- yeah agree about the starting br. But the problem is not everyone can afford to start off with £50.... Hmmm, suggestions?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Would it be possible for Sky to put in 1p/2p tables?
  • edited May 2010
    As my May BR Challenge is/was such a chuffin disaster (I am yet to break even ffs)....i might as well chuck another 10/20/million quid into the fire!!!!!!

Count me in Rich

x
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : As said previously - concept is good but surely by only starting with £20 will only encourage bad habits within playing out of your BR. This concept imo should encourage people to play learn the purpose of good BR management that will hold them in goo stead in the future. I understand tat this is a bit of fun in a way but at the same time by only playing with £20 - that is 5BI's and anyone who plays a certain level of cash with just 5BI's is mad and we should not encourage people to do that. I know I'm coming accross quite serious now but I do believe if this is to be done correctly then good BR management should be used and shown otherwise there will be more failures than successes. 
    Posted by dylan12

Good points Dyl- so what do you suggest then? That everyone starts with £50? £80?

Can we not do level 1 with a  short roll just to make sure everyone can start the same, but from then on, every level above that is properly done?

In an ideal world, we'd all start with a tenner and play the 0.25/0.5p tables, but they don't exist!
  • edited May 2010
    As my May BR Challenge is/was such a chuffin disaster (I am yet to break even ffs)....i might as well chuck another 10/20/million quid into the fire!!!!!! Count me in Rich x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Nice one Irene!

x
  • edited May 2010

How about £20 - but 2 lives? Like an optional 'rebuy' - Just like what you've been doing all this month! lol

Means everyone starts even, but if u have a bad night, u can try again tomorra!

Sorry about sending in that email criticising someone's play last night, I'd had a few, and he knocked out my tip to win it ! Put you in an awkward spot tho reading it out live haha! Wont do it again!!