You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE!:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : wd wilhelm u still on dym
    Posted by Ozzie08
    Yh m8 up to £1.15 tables now.  Loving the 15% rake after playing for nearly a month at 20% rake.  I might stay on DYMs after the challenge is over; they're so easy.  The downside is I'm never going to get better playing DYMs, and they're really boring.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : start 50 up 138 br stands @ 188
    Posted by IRISHROVER

HAD A GOOD CASH SEAT LAST NIGHT MADE THE MOST OF IT !

START 50

UP  152

BR STANDS @ 202

• edited May 2010
    Good Morning Everyone

It's been a bit bumpy, but my main BR Challenge is now 1592.81, a plus of 1092.81 and passing my target.  Woo and indeed, hoo!  My TV tart challenge ends in a fail though as again I did not get a chance to play last night.  When I set this out I really didn't see my social life picking up a bit this month, now that's a bad beat.

In regards to the challenge for June, I have very little interest in spinning from a tenner because all you should really be doing are 60p DYMs, freerolls or a 2p/4p table after buying in for 50p (not even sure if this is possible).  I would be interested in doing some group challenge though if it's well structured.
  • edited May 2010

Ran well last night, and after my 3 hours on the grind I travelled back to Ramsgate for 2 hours, got to Pauls and fired up the laptop pretty much straight away, issues!

Anyway can't complain as I added another £232 to the roll last nite, leaving it at £607

Just wish I had more time to try n catch dohhhhhhh ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE!:
    :( Morning after the night before, done a few calculations and the current bankrolll stands at....  £1548.64 -  £165.75 =   £1382.89 !!!! What a horrible few hours, I don't believe in 'variance' and losing streaks, sometimes u get lucky sometimes you don't  if you are losing the flips, your opponents draws are hitting, and even your sets are getting outdrawn by over pairs - theres always another way to take down a pot!!! So I'm not going to showdown today guys - If you sit with me, be prepared to put the lot in or fold! lol Only 3 days to go Im gonna have to play 2 days in a row for the first time in ages. Gl all, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I take this back.

Within 1 hour, 2 tabling, on another site, where I found $11 other day so am basically freerolling to warm up for sky poker....

KK v QQ AIPF :(
    KK v QQ AIPF :(

77 v KK - 5, 6, 7 board - AI on FLOP

QQ v 55 AIPF

Wowwww that was so rough, especially the one where I flopped the set and he rivered the over set.

To go with last nights run? - please, its random? I cnt possibly get the bad seat everytime for a lengthy period can I????? 

People say this can last for weeks??? - SURELY NOT !!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : I take this back. Within 1 hour, 2 tabling, on another site, where I found $11 other day so am basically freerolling to warm up for sky poker.... KK v QQ AIPF :( KK v QQ AIPF :( 77 v KK - 5, 6, 7 board - AI on FLOP QQ v 55 AIPF Wowwww that was so rough, especially the one where I flopped the set and he rivered the over set. To go with last nights run? - please, its random? I cnt possibly get the bad seat everytime for a lengthy period can I?????  People say this can last for weeks??? - SURELY NOT !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Relax, you've had it good too long any way.  You'll ride it out.
  • edited May 2010
    well i did terrible in may with my £5 bonus and lost it all so took a break until today and put £10 to start fresh so far i have cashed in 8 outta 9 sit n goes and up to £24 so lets hope it goes up and up, great start for June.

I think your idea to start with a tenner rich is a good one but dont really wanna go on the cash tables until i bump it up a bit more in the sit and goes but am up for the June challenge either way. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Urgh £30.23.  Too tired.
  • edited May 2010
    probably finished playing for the month now, i dont usually keep track of day to day winnings but i i did this month,  i had 7 losing days and 18 winning days and my bankroll finiished at £11,953, so +£8953. 

I think this is probably the most hands ive ever played in a month so the challenge provided some good motivation. Doubt i'll be playing much next month but might play some 4p/8p as im teaching someone poker so might take part in the challenge of moving up the levels.
  • edited May 2010

Bought myself into the primo last night, first time this year. Never been as card dead, took a huge hit on the bubble, and scraped into the cash with 1 big blind. Somehow I got it back to an average stack, but couldn't find a hand, or even a situation to get the chips in. Managed to finish 17th, which considering my recent tourny run, wasn't bad, but so close to the big money.

Earlier on in the day, finished 4/50 in the 250 gtd.

Got mullered on cash on another site as already mentioned, so went straight to bed after primo.

£1382.89 + £91.92 = £1474.81

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to muster one last effort today, i'll seeeee

gl all
  • edited May 2010
    Added a bit more to the BR this weekend.

Starting Roll - £200

Friday night roll - £2160.

End of weekend roll - £2,424.

Total profit £2,224.

:)
  • edited May 2010
    probably finished playing for the month now, i dont usually keep track of day to day winnings but i i did this month,  i had 7 losing days and 18 winning days and my bankroll finiished at £11,953, so +£8953.  I think this is probably the most hands ive ever played in a month so the challenge provided some good motivation. Doubt i'll be playing much next month but might play some 4p/8p as im teaching someone poker so might take part in the challenge of moving up the levels.
    Posted by offshoot

Well Played mate.
    Watching you play from the 4/8 would be very interesting

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• edited May 2010
    Ok all- having listened to your comments and feedback regarding the format for June's challenge I have made a decision!

Today is the last day of the May challenge- after midnight tonight it is over and hopefully Machka (legend) will produce a final table for May based on just the people who actually played in the end (not the ones who stated a figure and then didn't play-which actually were very few), and maybe in some kind of ROI order..hint, hint ;) !

As from tomorrow June 1st- the mission is simple. At some stage during the month. You must double up.

That's it. So, the amount is up to you- it could be a tenner, it could be £1000. And it doesn't matter how you do it. State your starting amount and then just keep us updated as to how far you are from doubling it.

The really good players should probably aim for a larger amount as Dohhhhhh for example found it a bit of a stroll to double up £100.  Make it a figure that's affordable for you, but also a challenge. Something you think you might just be able to manage at a push in 30 days, but which maybe you've never done before.

And if you hit 100% fairly quickly, then great- keep going and let us know how you're doing.

As for myself- I think I'll start with £100 again and hope for the best.

PS- Machka- my SECOND BR challenge is down to £71.51. Yes minus 29% ROI. Grrr...
  • edited May 2010
    Added a bit more to the BR this weekend. Starting Roll - £200 Friday night roll - £2160. End of weekend roll - £2,424. Total profit £2,224. :)
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Frankly ridiculous Cliokid and utterly awe-inspiring. 

Can I give you a couple of hundred quid and you do the same for me? Lol

• edited May 2010
    Haven,t posted for a while but my original BR of £27 ended up going bust and my new challenge from £100 is up to to £153, so till a profit on the month after plenty of ups and downs, but will start again on 1st June with £100 and have a real go at it
    Posted by MP33
    Great stuff MP33, you've basically done it the way I should have...
  • edited May 2010
    After an appalling start , i managed to claw back my BR. Doubt i will be playing much in the next few days, as i'm off to Spain, so my feeble attempt to reach £250 has finished. Started with £100 finished with £182, up £82. I relaxing few weeks away from poker will give me a chance to do some reading up, come back refreshed. Well done to Machka, for keeping everyone updated with the excellent table. Good luck all Paul
    Posted by -Typhoon-

Mate, nothing feeble about ending the month 82% up. It doesn't matter you that didn't hit £250. I lost £130!

Think you've tackled this really well and hope you'll have another go in June- where all you'll have to do is double your starting bankroll. Looks like that's something you'll be able to do if you have a better start next time.

Enjoy your holiday!

:)
  • edited May 2010

have had a bit of a dip last few days am in deepy challenge at 8-15 & may have a punt at BH will also play 3 hours cash as its last day of challenge

starting BR £150

current  BR £252-04

target        £300

for the June Challenge i will start with £100   dtw
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE TO BECOME A JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE! PLEASE READ AMENDED OPENING POST AND ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE PLEASE! : Frankly ridiculous Cliokid and utterly awe-inspiring.  Can I give you a couple of hundred quid and you do the same for me? Lol
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Cheers Rich.

It's been a good month!

I'd set a 2k target which I thought was a bit ambitious to begin with but cracked it and have kept going.

If next month goes even half as well I'll be pleased.

Now you could give me that to try and spin up for you, but what satisfaction would you get from that? :)
  • edited May 2010
    Playing live tonight so will post results.

Was done solely on Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo mainly DYM but some cash Hi/Lo

Target was £100 actual was +£13 so a poor 13% ROI

Hard as I am still learning the finer basics of Omaha

Will top up to £100 and try and double it for June on all games!

Ps My Live results for May at Alea Leeds P3 W3 (all chopped) Total Profit £500

Dave
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : HAD A GOOD CASH SEAT LAST NIGHT MADE THE MOST OF IT ! START 50 UP  152 BR STANDS @ 202
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    good cashing,

in baby stakes still .

start 50

up 176

br stands @ 226

1 last report and summary tonight @ 12 o clock

• edited May 2010
    Ok all- having listened to your comments and feedback regarding the format for June's challenge I have made a decision! Today is the last day of the May challenge- after midnight tonight it is over and hopefully Machka (legend) will produce a final table for May based on just the people who actually played in the end (not the ones who stated a figure and then didn't play-which actually were very few), and maybe in some kind of ROI order..hint, hint ;) ! As from tomorrow June 1st- the mission is simple. At some stage during the month. You must double up. That's it. So, the amount is up to you- it could be a tenner, it could be £1000. And it doesn't matter how you do it. State your starting amount and then just keep us updated as to how far you are from doubling it. The really good players should probably aim for a larger amount as Dohhhhhh for example found it a bit of a stroll to double up £100.  Make it a figure that's affordable for you, but also a challenge. Something you think you might just be able to manage at a push in 30 days, but which maybe you've never done before. And if you hit 100% fairly quickly, then great- keep going and let us know how you're doing. As for myself- I think I'll start with £100 again and hope for the best. PS- Machka- my SECOND BR challenge is down to £71.51. Yes minus 29% ROI. Grrr...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    In a needless attempt to find a gimmick, you have issued exactly the same challenge as last month.  I'll start with whatever I end on tonight.  I'm getting to £100 in June fashaw!
  • edited May 2010

my final total for the month is

starting   £150

current    £256

target     £300

am a little disappointed i missed my target but am happy i'm in profit its been fun

well done to all those that managed to hit they target or better

• edited May 2010
    Won 8 outta 9 sng but lost some of my £11 buy in on a b/h so up £14.50 since last report. BR ended on £71.75 so £28.25 dwn                                                                                Very well done to all who hit targets and to the sharks who basically kicked the c**p outta theirs and commiserations to the rest of us.

• edited May 2010
    Final update of May, played the donky hunter, srry bounty hunter at 8 no cash or bouties
    The £22 ds no cash there, but had a more productive evening on cash

So end result is

starting br   £ 100

and finishing br   £ 863

gl every1 next month
  • edited May 2010
    Very uneventful nights play.

BR finishes on £2,450.
  • edited May 2010
    so thats it me br stands at £215 so that makes me £105 down..at least its not as much as the previous 2 months i,ve had more winning days this month too so hopefully the corners turning
    so to next month think i,ll stick £100 down rich and try to double that gl all
  • edited May 2010
    i started with £20 but bust quickly as i cant avoid vegas or sky bet, did well on the tema events, but again blew it, won mvp but again blew it, wonr freroll to £22 bounty hunter on a thursday took 2 head for £15 and have built that up to £110.42 if i had the willpowerto stick to poker and not chase my losses on vegas or skybet id be neaere £500 but dont think ill ever change my ways :( have enjoyed reading all your efforts tho and well done to most of you
  • edited May 2010
    Ok, calling it a day with 30 minutes to go so the BR challenge isn't on my mind.

Final Score:

Main BR Challenge:  Start 500, Target 1500, Final 1609.82  Happy with that.
    TVTart Challenge:  Start 200, Target 500, Final 224.97  In the end hardly got a chance to play on the nights for this, I think I had three hours combined.  Darn my fluctuating social life.

Good luck to everyone for next month, I will consider what challenge I will do and post it before beginning.
  • edited May 2010
    I'll post an updated table tomorrow evening after all the month end updates are in.
  • edited May 2010
    £130 from £100, now lets double it by end of month!!