You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
You'll not be playing Porkerman then Rich, not unless its Freeplay chips.

Comments

• edited July 2010

JUNE 30TH

COMPETITION!

OK- since it's the last night of my June bankroll challenge, let's have a bit of fun with it and throw some little Sky Poker goodies into the mix.

So...I have £156 going into tongiht's session at approximately 7pm.

I will finish around midnight, or perhaps just before depending on when my last tourney ends.

My question is-
    how much will my bankroll be at the close of play tonight?

Nearest answer wins a bunch of Sky Poker branded merchandise- a stressball, couple of keyrings, couple of beermats and loads of pens.

In the event of a tie, the first person to have posted will win.

Post your guesses on this thread and the very best of luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd June

So- the June bankroll challenge is a simple one..

At some stage during the month. You must double up.
    That's it. So, the amount is up to you- it could be a tenner, it could be £1000. And it doesn't matter how you do it. State your starting amount and then just keep us updated as to how far you are from doubling it.
    The really good players should probably aim for a larger amount as Dohhhhhh for example found it a bit of a stroll to double up £100.  Make it a figure that's affordable for you, but also a challenge. Something you think you might just be able to manage at a push in 30 days, but which maybe you've never done before.
    And if you hit 100% fairly quickly, then great- keep going and let us know how you're doing.
    As for myself- I think I'll start with £100 again and hope for the best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28th May

Hi everyone,

Due to the success of this thread (but not, I notice , the success of my own bankroll challenge) those wise folk at Sky Poker have asked me to continue the bankroll challenge through June.

Any suggestions as to how we could shake it up in that month?

How about everyone starts on a tenner- and see who can turn it into the most cash by the end of the month?

Or maybe we should just carry on as we are with various different amounts of cash but aim for the same percentage increase. Let's say 200%?

How about this?- We all start on June 1st with a tenner and play the 2p/4p tables. Only when you hit a certain figure, e.g. £100, are you allowed to move on to the next level.

So throughout the month, we all report about which level we're on, as opposed to how much money we've got. That would be a pretty easy league table to set up and a good motivation for everyone- especially since, unlike pretty much any other sport, game, race etc, we'd all be starting on a level playing field.

A true test to see who is the best of the best!

Well, I've rattled off a few ideas off the top of my head there.

Any thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------------------

April 2010

Right- who fancies a little challenge for the month of May?

From May 1st to May 31st I’m going to turn £100 of my own money into £200 on the Sky Poker tables.

Sounds easy, you say?  See if you can do the same.

It doesn’t have to a hundred quid, it can be as little or as much you want. Simply add to this thread how much you’re starting with and your mission objective by May 31st.

Will you, like me, be aiming for a Return on Investment (ROI) of 100%?

A more modest 50%? Or perhaps even a cocky £300%?

As they say on Big Brother: You decide...

Once we’re all on board then we can keep updating on here throughout the month and providing mutual support along the way.

It’s not a competition as such. There's no prize other than kudos from the community- so there’s no point in fibbing about how you’re doing- it’s total honesty at all time.

Think of it like a Weightwatchers Club- we’re all in it together, we’re all watching the pounds, and there’s no cheating the scales!

And the beauty of this challenge being based on percentage profit is that it applies to all players, regardless of bankroll, blind levels or ability at the game. So I’m hoping to see everyone on here from beginners to the big-shot names of Sky Poker. All are welcome.

My personal challenge will be covered in a forthcoming show from mid-May called ‘PTP-The Challenge’ where I’m sure your questions and advice from this thread will also be featured.

I’ll be posting on here regularly and also blogging through the month.

And here's the first blog on the subject... CLICK HERE

Right, who’s up for it? Let’s start up a bankroll club for May and see what happens!

• edited April 2010
    From the 1st May until the 31st i will stake 25.00 and aim to get 80.00 - 110.00 cash games 1st week tornaments 2nd week dym 3rd week and mix final week
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE!:
    You'll not be playing Porkerman then Rich, not unless its Freeplay chips.
    Posted by Red_King
    That's deliberate Red_King. 

I'm only doing this bankroll challenge so I can avoid getting beaten by the freeplay legend again.

;)

• edited April 2010
    From the 1st May until the 31st i will stake 25.00 and aim to get 80.00 - 110.00 cash games 1st week tornaments 2nd week dym 3rd week and mix final week
    Posted by jubbley

Nice one Jubbley and good luck. 

Think I'm going to start on the cash tables myself and see how that goes first.
  • edited April 2010

Rich, i will join you....

Will start with £50! yup that's all, and will try to get to £200 by the end of May! Thats a super cocky 400%!

big target, but im due to run good soon!

• edited April 2010
    i am gonna put on £100 and try not to lose more then £300 on cash tables as i hardly play cash may be rusty ;)

monkey123
  • edited April 2010
    Rich, i will join you.... Will start with £50! yup that's all, and will try to get to £200 by the end of May! Thats a super cocky 400%! big target, but im due to run good soon!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Great to have you on board Gregster. Loving the fact you're starting with LESS money than me and are aiming to make MORE!

I fear however that you will come up against the same old problem you face every week as a Spurs supporter-having your ridiculously high expectations rained on by reality.

Seriously though, good luck mate!

;)

• edited April 2010
    I got £43.00, see if I can double it
  • edited April 2010
    i am gonna put on £100 and try not to lose more then £300 on cash tables as i hardly play cash may be rusty ;) monkey123
    Posted by monkey123

I like your thinking Monkey. So, you're aiming for a ROI target of MINUS 300%.

Well, I think that's very achievable. In fact, follow my playing style and you'll be halfway there in no time...

:)
  • edited April 2010
    I'm in... as a cash player I'm going to take this as an opportunity to learn tourney play...I'll devote £50.00 to playing low buy in mtt's...If anything it'll be an investment in becoming a more rounded player!!!

I recon I can resonably assume I will either go busto or i'll double my money :o)

Good Luck Everyone!!!

x

• edited April 2010
    I got £43.00, see if I can double it
    Posted by acebarry10
    Best of luck Baz!
  • edited April 2010
    I'm in... as a cash player I'm going to take this as an opportunity to learn tourney play...I'll devote £50.00 to playing low buy in mtt's...If anything it'll be an investment in becoming a more rounded player!!! I recon I can resonably assume I will either go busto or i'll double my money :o) Good Luck Everyone!!! x   
    Posted by TRIP5
    Good work Irene.

Tell you what, why not stick the whole lot on the Thursday night £50 Sky Sports MTT and win £3000. Voila, an instant ROI of 6000%.

I did not advise this, by the way.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : Good work Irene. Tell you what, why not stick the whole lot on the Thursday night £50 Sky Sports MTT and win £3000. Voila, an instant ROI of 6000%. I did not advise this, by the way.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I'd love to go busto on my very first tourney however I think I'm probably washing my hair on Thursday...lol!!

x
  • edited April 2010
  • edited April 2010

OK I WILL TRY TURN £5O IN TO A £100  IN  DYM OMAHA ,

I AM ON A  5 GAME WINNING STREAK AT PRESENT,

BUT I WILL ALSO SET MYSELF A NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TASK OF

GETTING SKYPOKER ON THE SHARKSCOPE DYM  LEADERBOARD .

TO DO THIS I NEED TO CASH IN 23 DYM ON THE BOUNCE !

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : I like your thinking Monkey. So, you're aiming for a ROI target of MINUS 300%. Well, I think that's very achievable. In fact, follow my playing style and you'll be halfway there in no time... :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Reverse psychology anything less than minus 300% roi im a winner ;0)
    set my goals ultra low so not to be disappointed
      looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

good luck all

monkey123
  • edited April 2010
    Im in for this. I will set my balance up for £100, and i will set an aim of 200%/£300 by the end of the month
  • edited April 2010
      OK I WILL TRY TURN £5O IN TO A £100  IN  DYM OMAHA ,   I AM ON A  5 GAME WINNING STREAK AT PRESENT,   BUT I WILL ALSO SET MYSELF A NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TASK OF   GETTING SKYPOKER ON THE SHARKSCOPE DYM  LEADERBOARD .   TO DO THIS I NEED TO CASH IN 23 DYM ON THE BOUNCE !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    blackfish is already on there m8 @ no9 in average profit part
  • edited April 2010
    Great stuff- good luck Mr Wh1te- £50 to £500 is a huge one. Be well impressive if you can manage it. No reloading though- unless of course you fess up on this thread!

Welcome aboard Irish and Snowy. 

Monkey- I will stick my neck out and say right now that I predict you will beat your target. Only just mind, but you WILL beat it ;)

How's that for a vote of confidence?
  • edited April 2010
    I'll give it a shot at turning £100 into £200. 

If I run into trouble can I top it up by washing cars or taking dogs for a walk?
  • edited April 2010
    I'm up for this Rich - I have been trying to do a similar thing over the last few weeks unofficially, so let's set a target.

I will start with £50 on the 1st May and like Greg, I will attempt to run it upto £200 by the 31st (note to self however - only play holdem, not omaha - only play holdem, not omaha, only play holdem, not omaha)
  • edited April 2010
    Great idea btw Rich - I have tried posting a bankroll challenge on here before, but then got self-conscious that nobody probably gave a **** - now I have an excuse!
  • edited April 2010
    Great stuff- good luck Mr Wh1te- £50 to £500 is a huge one. Be well impressive if you can manage it. No reloading though- unless of course you fess up on this thread! Welcome aboard Irish and Snowy.  Monkey- I will stick my neck out

I dont do reloading.

Last month I turned £150 into £700 but had the most awful luck on the mtt's.
    Low stakes grinding it is from now on :D
  • edited April 2010
    I'll give it a shot at turning £100 into £200.  If I run into trouble can I top it up by washing cars or taking dogs for a walk?
    Posted by Machka
    Don't go sitting at a 50p/£1 table on May 1st - otherwise you might need to go to Battersea Dogs' Home ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : blackfish is already on there m8 @ no9 in average profit part
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

soz mick i checked it out again on sharkscope ,

you must be  misunderstanding me ,

dym like double your money !
  • edited April 2010
    Great stuff- good luck Mr Wh1te- £50 to £500 is a huge one. Be well impressive if you can manage it. No reloading though- unless of course you fess up on this thread! Welcome aboard Irish and Snowy.  Monkey- I will stick my neck out and say right now that I predict you will beat your target. Only just mind, but you WILL beat it ;) How's that for a vote of confidence?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    If things start to go wrong i will stick to what im best at and get back on the RUSSIAN ROULETTE
    i may do a £50 RR challenge along side the cash ;0) hmmmmmmmmmm thanks for the confidence boost

monkey123
  • edited April 2010
    1k to 3k  by half buyin to cash 1-2 and up

updates on thread
  • edited April 2010
    £1 to £2 using DYMs.. wish me luck
  • edited April 2010
    gonna put 100 pound on the 1st of may and try not to have to reload by the 3rd of may!!

this will up my usual profit by 100 percent!!

And will be staying clear of RR's as tikay tells me i'm rubbish!
  • edited April 2010

Btw Rich, you know we were talking about Notts and I said I hope nothing breaks down before then? sigh CPU went today :(