You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited April 2010
    ill post what me BR is on the 1st(about £260 at the mo) and ill try to double it
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE!:
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : What's the ROI, Phil?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Use £500 to get to £1500 Rich........ur the Maths boff - what's my ROI? ;)
  • edited April 2010
    i'm up for the challenge, will try turning £100 into £200 but only got til May 17th
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE!:
    Right- who fancies a little challenge for the month of May? From May 1st  to May 31st I’m going to turn £100 of my own money into £200 on the Sky Poker tables. Sounds easy, you say?  See if you can do the same. It doesn’t have to a hundred quid, it can be as little or as much you want. Simply add to this thread how much you’re starting with and your mission objective by May 31 st . Will you, like me, be aiming for a Return on Investment (ROI) of 100%? A more modest 50%? Or perhaps even a cocky £300%? As they say on Big Brother: You decide... Once we’re all on board then we can keep updating on here throughout the month and providing mutual support along the way. It’s not a competition as such. There's no prize other than kudos from the community- so there’s no point in fibbing about how you’re doing- it’s total honesty at all time. Think of it like a Weightwatchers Club- we’re all in it together, we’re all watching the pounds, and there’s no cheating the scales! And the beauty of this challenge being based on percentage profit is that it applies to all players, regardless of bankroll, blind levels or ability at the game. So I’m hoping to see everyone on here from beginners to the big-shot names of Sky Poker. All are welcome. My personal challenge will be covered in a forthcoming show from mid-May called ‘PTP-The Challenge’ where I’m sure your questions and advice from this thread will also be featured. I’ll be posting on here regularly and also blogging through the month. In fact, my first blog on the subject should appear tomorrow. Watch this space... Right, who’s up for it? Let’s start up a bankroll club for May and see what happens!  
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Easy Bryan and i are putting 20p each up therefore 40p,definitely get to 100 gbp  within 2 weeks,can we start today please.
  • edited April 2010
    I couldnt wait till the first, so my months challenge will have started on the 27th.

Ive not been too strict on the BRM either!

Hero or zero for me!

So i started today with £100.

Won a £5 entry £250 guaranteed for £100

Played 3 £20 husngs, and won 2

Played a £50 dym and cashed.

So im now on £254.

Im sorry i couldnt wait till the 1st, but its a decent start to my challenge.

Only another £746 to go!
  • edited April 2010
    I couldnt wait till the first, so my months challenge will have started on the 27th. Ive not been too strict on the BRM either! Hero or zero for me! So i started today with £100. Won a £5 entry £250 guaranteed for £100 Played 3 £20 husngs, and won 2 Played a £50 dym and cashed. So im now on £254. Im sorry i couldnt wait till the 1st, but its a decent start to my challenge. Only another £746 to go!
    Posted by dantb10
    I can't believe how impatiant you are lol!!

Wd though m8 - Hope your luck changes during next month - I know I need mine to after the last two months!!
  • edited April 2010
    ok rich sorry didnt see that

will start again from may1st then
  • edited April 2010
    Thank the lord it starts sat, 5 dym 4 times ks beat by A j so that would of been it for me. onwards and upwards they say bring on the challenge
  • edited April 2010
    A simple calculation for ROI is:

ROI = (B - I) / I

where

B = your current Bankroll
    I = your Initial Bankroll

e.g.

Start with £100 and end with £175

ROI    =       (B  -   I)   / I
              =    (175 - 100) / 100
              =          75       / 100
              =    0.75

Which means 75% ROI

another example

Start with £50 and end with £120

ROI    =       (B  -   I)   / I

=    (120 - 50) / 50
              =         70      / 50
              =    1.4

Which means 140% ROI

(hope this is right or I'll look pretty stupid!)
  • edited April 2010
    I'm going for a more gradual ROI. My aim is to get from around 3k to 4.5k by the end of May playing mostly 100NL and some of the bigger MTT's.
    Posted by yb
    Sounds like you know what you're doing, YB. Best of luck
  • edited April 2010
    This is a good idea. Give me something to aim for. Only play the small stakes in cash and dym. I'll have a go at doubling my bankroll to £70 by end of May. Gulp!
    Posted by walesboy
    Loving it walesboy. Yeah, my thoughts exactly- if you don't have something to aim for then it's easy to lose the will to carry on or start playing out of your comfort zone.

Plus, if you're always depositing small amounts, eventually going bust and then re-depositing again...where's the sense of achievement?

Gotta have a target! Good luck hitting 70. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Good Luck with this Rich, & all who sail in her. This will be an EPIC thread, for real money, by real people.
    Posted by Tikay10

Ty mate- fired up for this now. Last year I attempted this mission on my own- this time round it looks like I've got serious backup!

Can I interest you in setting a target yourself, sir?
  • edited April 2010

I'm gonna go Chris Fergusson on ya!  Now, let me think, he turned a dollar into ten thousand dollars in a year, so ten thousand divide by 12 is...  carry the two....  eigth hundred and thirty three dollars thirty three cents.  Hmmm...  I may have to re-think this...  Tell you what, I'll start with £1 and see if I can turn it into £100 in a month.  That's...  10,000% ROI...  I think.  I wouldn't put your house on it... 

If anyone would like to help me with this epic challenge (,and I'm going to need all the help I can get,) please leave me some tips here.

• edited April 2010
    Count me in rich ! I will try and turn £500 into £1500+ :) Probably cursed myself now and will run like death lol !
    Posted by goodylad21

Big task that mate- I think you're up to it though...
  • edited April 2010
    I'll join in the £100 ROI% DOHx7 challenge. Mtts and maybe a bit of cash for me. My negative varience must be due a change so watch out. My only target is to beat DOHx7 and Dylan ........ seemples :o)
    Posted by elsadog

There's a good few of us now on the starting blocks with £100 Alan. 

D'ohhh and Dylan will start as favourites at that level but the rest of us might be able to whip out one or two surprises... ;)
  • edited April 2010
      hiya Rich good luck with your challenge m8 i have a go will start with £100 as well tho at the moment am unable to play tables my computer is on last legs me mate is gonna have a look at it today & hopefully sort my memory problem out have been off-line since sunday tables just freeze up its very frustrating anyway am investing £300 into a laptop this week (winnings from pre-season footy bets)  dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Ah, I hate it when my computer goes on the blink, Mike. There's nothing more frustrating. Hope you get it fixed or sort out a replacement soon.

What you aiming for during May with your £100?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah go on then!!!! £100 for me!!!! taken a pretty big break recently..........hardly played for 3 months due to getting bored of the game, but hopefully this will give me focus!!!! plus i can play at work to now, so im getting paid either way!!!!! :)
  • edited April 2010
    Ill be one of the micro stakes players your looking for, ill deposit £20 on may 1st, and my aim is simple to have more money than you by end of the month :)
    Posted by 35suited

So, let me get this straight,  you're aiming to have 1p by May 31st then? ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Well, great start, BR £39.10 :(, had to buy a new CPU sigh, had to come out of Notts money, jusy knew something wud happen GRRRRRRRRRRR
  • edited April 2010
    I'll try and turn £67.50 into £192.50, at around 285% ROI £67.50 gives me 30 buy-ins at £2.25 DYM level, I could have maybe gone for 20 at £45 but like the security of 30. If I run at 2-1 cash rate which is a tough target I'll make the £192.50 from 300 games, 300 games plus a few torunies gets me the £15 cash for points bonus which is also another aim. If however If I only run at 60% cash rate I'll still make £45 at 66.7% ROI which is also great as with the bonus I'll have built up 18 BI's for £3.30 level.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

Lol Dude- this is brilliantly worked out and SO precise!  I've just gotta know- why are you aiming for £192.50? And not £200? Or even £190? LOL.

Good luck mate!

• edited April 2010
    After much deliberation I have decided on this personal  Bankroll challenge. £25.00 on the 1st May to be turned into £100 by the end of May. The catch being for me is that I will try to achieve this through only low stakes cash games and on the Omaha tables! (DYM, SNG etc). As I do not venture onto either of these normally, this will definitely be a CHALLENGE!  Good luck all  :)   
    Posted by MAXALLY

Good to have you on board, Alan. And £25 into £100 is no mean feat, especially when you're braving the Omaha tables.

You've got your work cut out my friend. Best of luck!
  • edited April 2010
    Go on then, ill do the £100 challenge and try to turn it into 1k by end of may.
    Posted by dantb10

LOL- ah, Mr Total Player...we meet again.

Knew you couldn't resist this challenge! I have no doubts that you'll canter through it though.

Cheers Dan!
  • edited April 2010
    Players showing an interest in playing the Orford May Bankroll Challenge. <td valign="top" style="border-width:medium 1pt 1pt medium;border-style:none solid solid none;b

Name

Initial Roll

Target Roll

Target ROI %

Ricorford

£      100.00

£       200.00

100%

jubbley

£        25.00

£       100.00

300%

GREGHOGG

£        50.00

£       200.00

300%

monkey123

£      100.00

-300%

acebarry10

£        43.00

£         86.00

100%

TRIP5

£        50.00

£       100.00

100%

MrWh1te

£        50.00

£       500.00

900%

IRISHROVER

£        50.00

£       100.00

100%

SNOWY37

£      100.00

£       300.00

200%

Machka

£      100.00

£       200.00

100%

darich

£        50.00

£       200.00

300%

barnsie

£  1,000.00

£   3,000.00

200%

essexpoker

£          1.00

£           2.00

100%

sick_swans

£      100.00

PKRPar

£      100.00

Dazler

£          5.00

£       100.00

1900%

LOL_RAISE

£  1,400.00

£   5,000.00

257%

DOHHHHHHH

£      100.00

JohnConnor

£       300.00

MICKYBLUE

SolarCarro

£      100.00

£       200.00

100%

Taller_Guy

£         50.00

dylan12

£      100.00

hurst05

£      500.00

£   2,000.00

300%

Dud_Butini

£        40.00

£         80.00

100%

phil12uk

£      500.00

£   1,500.00

200%

robc

£        32.00

£         65.00

103%

yb

£  3,000.00

£   4,500.00

50%

walesboy

£        35.00

£         70.00

100%

goodylad21

£      500.00

£   1,500.00

200%

elsadog

£      100.00

DTWBANDIT

£      100.00

35suited

£        20.00

Dudeskin8

£        67.50

£       192.50

185%

MAXALLY

£        25.00

£       100.00

300%

dantb10

£      100.00

£   1,000.00

900%

loza666

£        50.00

£       500.00

• edited April 2010
    Players showing an interest in playing the Orford May Bankroll Challenge. (using the ROI calculation I put above, if it's wrong let me know)
    Posted by Machka

I was sooo hoping someone would do something like this! :)

Aaron, you're a legend.

Cheers mate.
  • edited April 2010
    excellent work, i might have to join in now theres a table. i need some motivation after a terrible month anyway...

3k to 6k, 100% roi
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : Ah, I hate it when my computer goes on the blink, Mike. There's nothing more frustrating. Hope you get it fixed or sort out a replacement soon. What you aiming for during May with your £100?
    Posted by RICHORFORD

hiya m8 my aim is the same as yours Rich to turn £100 into £200 in a month  playing mainly cash tables also some sats for main events me mates selling me his laptop so will have that by end of week gl 2 all with there challenges  michael
  • edited April 2010
    Players showing an interest in playing the Orford May Bankroll Challenge. (using the ROI calculation I put above, if it's wrong let me know) 

My target will be £200! playing mainly cash (so that if the managers come down at work i can quickly close down!!!!) and sats into the big comps

• edited April 2010
    OK I would like to be in on this too. I will sign up for the standard £100 - £200.

For me this will be a comcination of DYM, MTT & Cash.

Good luck all!
  • edited April 2010
    Question - are cash for points awards excluded from this? At some pointin May people will receive their April payment.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : Lol Dude- this is brilliantly worked out and SO precise!  I've just gotta know- why are you aiming for £192.50? And not £200? Or even £190? LOL. Good luck mate!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    LOL, don't worry I'd take anything around £190.