You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Eeeee Rich I well remember the days in me last proper job - the dreaded monthly sales meetings when I'd be suddenly snapped out me reverie with the manager barking "Now then Butini, what ideas have yer got to boost next month's figures lad?"

Well luckily this time round our Mr Orford has come up with a cracker and I'll be more than happy to do my bit to help May's rake figures with my attempt to turn my hard earned £40 (approx) into a much more healthy looking £80 (approx)

Good luck everyone!
  • edited April 2010
    OK - I'll aim to make 1K in May with the challenge being that at least £500 comes from DYMs. I also aim to make at least 2 mtt final tables as well.
  • edited April 2010
    good start last night even though i mainly played 0/50-1 due to the 1-2 tables being full of competent regulars

starting roll for challenge 1k

roll as of this morning 1.2k

• edited April 2010
    well been running and playing awfully lately so taking a break, and this sounds a perfect chance to get back to winning ways great idea, well my bankroll has £32 left so i wont touch anymore of that and il turn the £32 into £65 starting may 1st

See everyone may 1st....4 days without poker thats going to be tough lol
  • ybyb
    edited April 2010
    I'm going for a more gradual ROI. My aim is to get from around 3k to 4.5k by the end of May playing mostly 100NL and some of the bigger MTT's.
  • edited April 2010
    This is a good idea. Give me something to aim for.
    Only play the small stakes in cash and dym.
    I'll have a go at doubling my bankroll to £70 by end of May. Gulp!
  • edited April 2010

Good Luck with this Rich, & all who sail in her.

This will be an EPIC thread, for real money, by real people.
  • edited April 2010
    Count me in rich !

I will try and turn £500 into £1500+ :)

Probably cursed myself now and will run like death lol !
  • edited April 2010
    I'll join in the £100 ROI% DOHx7 challenge. Mtts and maybe a bit of cash for me. My negative varience must be due a change so watch out.

My only target is to beat DOHx7 and Dylan ........ seemples :o)

• edited April 2010

hiya Rich good luck with your challenge m8 i have a go will start with £100 as well tho at the moment am unable to play tables my computer is on last legs me mate is gonna have a look at it today & hopefully sort my memory problem out have been off-line since sunday tables just freeze up its very frustrating anyway am investing £300 into a laptop this week (winnings from pre-season footy bets)  dtw
  • edited April 2010
    Ill be one of the micro stakes players your looking for, ill deposit £20 on may 1st, and my aim is simple to have more money than you by end of the month :)
  • edited April 2010

I'll try and turn £67.50 into £192.50, at around 285% ROI

£67.50 gives me 30 buy-ins at £2.25 DYM level, I could have maybe gone for 20 at £45 but like the security of 30. If I run at 2-1 cash rate which is a tough target I'll make the £192.50 from 300 games, 300 games plus a few torunies gets me the £15 cash for points bonus which is also another aim.

If however If I only run at 60% cash rate I'll still make £45 at 66.7% ROI which is also great as with the bonus I'll have built up 18 BI's for £3.30 level.

• edited April 2010

After much deliberation I have decided on this personal  Bankroll challenge.

£25.00 on the 1st May to be turned into £100 by the end of May.

The catch being for me is that I will try to achieve this through only low stakes cash games and on the Omaha tables! (DYM, SNG etc). As I do not venture onto either of these normally, this will definitely be a CHALLENGE! 

Good luck all  :)  
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE!:
    Good Luck Rich - I hope it works out. Though we all know you will fail miserably :) (Hows that for a vote of confidence?) Joking as always.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Lol- cheers Cow.

What about you though?

Fancy putting your money where your moooooooth is?
  • edited April 2010
    Go on then, ill do the £100 challenge and try to turn it into 1k by end of may.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi Rich.  Great idea!  I'll accept your challenge and also give you the micro stakes player you mentioned.  At the moment, there's a whopping £6.50 in my bankroll.  I'll update the amount on May 1st, but I aim to reach £50.00 by May 31st, that's over 700% ROI. (To be honest, I'll be lucky if I make £6.51, but let's be positive!) I don't play cash, so it'll be done the hard way - playing 30p, 60p, £1.00 DYMs, freerolls and low stakes tournaments.  It sounds even harder now I've said that, but let's give it a go!! Good luck to all. Graham
    Posted by Taller_Guy

Good luck Graham. 700% is a massive one and it doesn't matter if you're micro and mega-stakes. The challenge is the same. Respect.

£1 DYMs are surely off the menu though? You can't risk almost 20% of your roll at a time on one game! A run of six defeats- and believe me, it's possible :-(  and you're wiped out!!! 
  • edited April 2010
    From a low of £4.50 its taken me over a year to get £142 recreational play of micros and freerolls.This is all i have to play with cant reload.Sounds a little out of my league ill give it a miss.
    Posted by belsibub

Hi Belsibub- it's not out of your league at all mate. In fact, it sounds like you've been exercising excellent bankroll management for the past year.

if you fancy taking part, why not set aside say £10 and trying to get that up to £20 or £30.

Or- using your whole roll, but never risking more than 5% on one table, (even less in sngs and mtts) then aim to get up to say £170 by the end of the month.

Up to you- but as you'll see from some of the micro-stakes players on here- no-one's excluded from this challenge. You just fit it to your own circumstances.
  • edited April 2010
    I'll do the same as DOHHHHHHH and begin with £100 - was gonna start off with more but this will be more of a challenge - my aim will be the same as DOHHHHHHH in the ROI challenge :)
    Posted by dylan12
    Nice one Dyl- there's a few of us starting on £100, so it will be easy to make comparisons between us. Although I suspect the likes of you and Dohhh are going to be putting in a lot more hours than me!
  • edited April 2010
    ill aim for £500 into £2000+  p.s. at the end of the month when we get our cash for points will the money we recieve count to our total BR?
    Posted by hurst05
    Lol- nice try Jamie. But no counting the cash for points towards the total! Let's make it a pure bankroll challenge- or else they'll be some people counting the bonus and some who won't be. Besides, it comes in after May 31st and we'll all have 'declared' by then.

Think of it as an added extra on top of beating your challenge though.
  • edited April 2010
    wouldnt mind winning primo on may 2nd lol, £3,600 would be a nice start to the challenge being only 2 days in. 
    Posted by hurst05
    Yes, it would make things that little bit easier, wouldn't it? ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Eeeee Rich I well remember the days in me last proper job - the dreaded monthly sales meetings when I'd be suddenly snapped out me reverie with the manager barking "Now then Butini, what ideas have yer got to boost next month's figures lad?" Well luckily this time round our Mr Orford has come up with a cracker and I'll be more than happy to do my bit to help May's rake figures with my attempt to turn my hard earned £40 (approx) into a much more healthy looking £80 (approx) Good luck everyone!
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Lol Dud- well at least this time round the you're boosting your own figures, not your company's:)

£40 to £80 then? Good luck sir!
  • edited April 2010
    OK - I'll aim to make 1K in May with the challenge being that at least £500 comes from DYMs. I also aim to make at least 2 mtt final tables as well.
    Posted by phil12uk
    What's the ROI, Phil?
  • edited April 2010
    good start last night even though i mainly played 0/50-1 due to the 1-2 tables being full of competent regulars starting roll for challenge 1k roll as of this morning 1.2k
    Posted by barnsie
    Great stuff Barnsie but hold your horses fella!

It doesn't start till May 1st!

Everyone's starting on the same date so we can compare and contrast our fortunes over the same time period. 

Glad you've made a couple of hundred quid in the meantime though. But the challenge proper starts on Saturday!  :)
  • edited April 2010

ill start with £50, and i will aim to have made £500!!! on tournaments alone, i will also play some cash, but no doubt that is where i will lose my BR whatever it may be lol, but yeh i hope to make 10x what i start with from tournys alone, hopefully another good run in primo ;)

• edited April 2010
    my bankroll is all going on Liverpool to whip Chelsea.
  • edited April 2010
    well been running and playing awfully lately so taking a break, and this sounds a perfect chance to get back to winning ways great idea, well my bankroll has £32 left so i wont touch anymore of that and il turn the £32 into £65 starting may 1st   See everyone may 1st....4 days without poker thats going to be tough lol
    Posted by robc

I like it Rob, nice and sensible. Just make sure you're not playing more than a couple of quid on a table to start with and boost it up as your bankroll gets bigger.

That might seems really slow and laborious, but if you play properly then it gets moving upwards in no time and you start jumping up the levels.
    It was when I started 'cheating' on the correct level to play at last year to try and get to the finish line quicker, that my challenge went horribly, horribly wrong.

It's a one month marathon, not a sprint!

PS- Good luck with not playing poker for 4 days- that's proper cold turkey!
  • edited April 2010
    i'll give it a go - not sure how much i'll start with tho but i'll let u know.  just wanna spend more serious (?!) time playing so can beat hubby more hehehe
  • edited April 2010
    yes sounds like agood idea i will start with 100 pounds and see if make a profit from mtt only for first 2 weeks then sit and goes in week 3 cash for final week change of plans will use dym to try and pay for mtt entries
  • edited April 2010
    I will start with £50 on 4p/8p tables, for every £20 I win, I will use £15 on Mtt Tournements & £5 on DYMs and my aim is to return £200 profit by end of Month.

Got my work cut out - but hey! it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise.

GL on your BR challenge as well Rich.

Pokertrev
    (Official Suit)
  • edited April 2010
    I will try to turn £10 into £100.

This will be done 95% DYM Omaha and 5% whatever takes my fancy.

Good luck everyone!