You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE!:
    My target is to take my £100 to a greater value than that of the Greek economy.
    Posted by elsadog
    I'm sorry but that's not a very ambitious target, Alan. I think you should at least aim for a double-up...
  • edited April 2010
    how flexible is this.  i mean, before the month starts can i change my starting br?
  • edited April 2010
    how flexible is this.  i mean, before the month starts can i change my starting br?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Totally flexible MrWh1te.

It's not a big scary compettion with terms and conditions etc. Just a gathering of players hoping to make a few modest achievements over the next few weeks. Bit like doing New Year's Resolutions!

Change your bankroll by all means before Saturday and change your target as well, if you want. But once Saturday starts, try and stick to it!

:)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : That covers quite a broad spectrum bryan.
    Posted by elsadog
    We dont wish to come across big headed,but Bryan is confident of doubling up each day as follows.
    Day 1, start with 40p,double up to 80p log off.
    Day2, start 80p,double up,log off
    Day3 rest day.
    Day4,start £1.60,double up,log off
    Day 5,start £3.20,double up,log off.
    Day 6,start £6.40 double up before dinner,log off,have dinner,log on ,double up before supper,log off and go to bed.
    Day 7 start £25.60,double up,log off.
    Day8, rest day,perhaps fit a Bryan Oryan Investigates in.
    D Day,double up to £102.40,celebrate with a nice walk in woodpecker wood,where Bryan and i gain our strength and inspiration from watching Keek our woodpecker braying its head into a telegraph pole,something a few players on here tend to mirror ,when playing against our goodselves.Hope youve kept up with our top 100 poker tips,if so you should all achieve your goals,kind regards Bryan Oryan,poker guru
  • edited April 2010
    Change your bankroll by all means before Saturday and change your target as well, if you want. But once Saturday starts, try and stick to it! :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Cheers.

Wont change my target, well I will make it £600 instead I think.

Just had a bit of a streak and BR start might be more than expected lol. I have to withdraw each month to pay for a honeymoon so depends on how much I win over the weekend.
  • edited April 2010

Hi Rich, I'm happy to put up my £100 and see how much i lose this month. I hear through the grapevine that you got your eye on a follicle enhancement replicator and if i'm lucky to make any profit this month ( it will have to be luck coz i'm rubbish) i'll be more then happy to chip in with a donation coz i like you.

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : Nice one Aaron! Good to speak to you briefly on the phone today. Are you going to Glasgow or Swansea?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Now I have to wait until Monday to hear how bad I sounded, lol.

I was hoping to get to Glasgow but not sure that's going to happen now.  I think I'll definitely try for Swansea and Nottingham.
  • edited April 2010
      Hi Rich, I'm happy to put up my £100 and see how much i lose this month. I hear through the grapevine that you got your eye on a follicle enhancement replicator and if i'm lucky to make any profit this month ( it will have to be luck coz i'm rubbish) i'll be more then happy to chip in with a donation coz i like you.        
    Posted by -TARAS-
    I don't think £100 will get me a follicle enhancement replicator, Taras. But it will get me a whacking great crate of boot polish. So, job's a good 'un.
  • edited April 2010
    Im gna start with £100 too and try and double it up Rich but im gna play the dym sit n gos and other sit n gos... dont really like cash get too involved! Hope we can both do it!
    Posted by awesomeee
    Good luck awesomeee, we're on the same challenge- except I intend to play cash, so it will be interesting to see how we fare. I think you're taking the much safer and solid route personally!
  • edited April 2010
    On a bit of an upswing since i've started playing here again, which was last Friday. In 5 sessions i've gone from a BR of £50 to a BR of £300. I'm running pretty well, i'm not exactly flopping monsters all the time but when I get the money in ahead the hands just seem to be holding up.

Should say that i'm not quite following any standard from of BRM, so it's not that great an acheivement considering the levels i'm playing at (.15/.30 and .25/.50)
  • edited April 2010
    Count me in too Mr Orford.  Im going for £500 into £3000 on the 25/50 tables.  Gl all.
  • edited April 2010
    Machka, put ym target down as £250 from 20, initialy said i just wanted to beat rich but will set a proper target now
  • edited April 2010
    Machka, put ym target down as £250 from 20, initialy said i just wanted to beat rich but will set a proper target now
    Posted by 35suited

£250 from £20?!!!!!

In the words of Alan Partridge...you're a mentalist, Gareth.

Good luck!
  • edited April 2010
    Now- looking ahead I might not get a chance to play on the tables for a few days and even then, my oppportunities are limited this month.

As it happens I might have some spare time tonight in which I hope to play on the site. However, as tempted as I am to begin my bankroll challenge one day early, I will hold back and treat tonight as a reheasal instead.

That way we all start on the same day.

(What's the betting I cash tonight but can't get a result to save my life for the following 31 days?)

Good luck everyone tomorrow!

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : £250 from £20?!!!!! In the words of Alan Partridge...you're a mentalist, Gareth. Good luck!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I turned £20 into around £180 in 3 weeks a couple of months ago, then withdrew most of it, but i did sit down at a cash tbl with my £20 and got a lucky trebble up.  Will try and be a bit more sensiblew this time and start on the £11 dym's :)
  • edited April 2010

Yeah, i always say theres nothing better then a good reheasal but i don't think we should bet on peoples lives coz thats just not nice.
        GL to the Orf and all his mates
  • edited April 2010
    I think i ll have a bash at this BR challenge, I will start with 100 quid and hope to at least double it

I think ill play mainly cash, starting at nl8 multitbling with the odd tourny thrown in 4 a change of scenery.

gl 2 everyone taking part
  • edited April 2010
    double it?  lol
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : I turned £20 into around £180 in 3 weeks a couple of months ago, then withdrew most of it, but i did sit down at a cash tbl with my £20 and got a lucky trebble up.  Will try and be a bit more sensiblew this time and start on the £11 dym's :)
    Posted by 35suited
    Good action 35, what level were you bullying? :o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    Now- looking ahead I might not get a chance to play on the tables for a few days and even then, my oppportunities are limited this month. As it happens I might have some spare time tonight in which I hope to play on the site. However, as tempted as I am to begin my bankroll challenge one day early, I will hold back and treat tonight as a reheasal instead. That way we all start on the same day. (What's the betting I cash tonight but can't get a result to save my life for the following 31 days?) Good luck everyone tomorrow!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Yep, May 10th-15th....Sir Bollywood - Knights of the Oval Table duties!!!

Thread related question...If I go busto can I reload?

x
  • edited April 2010
    I will give this challenge a try, £50 to start with and see if I can double it, russian roulette here I come ....
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : Yep, May 10th-15th....Sir Bollywood - Knights of the Oval Table duties!!! Thread related question...If I go busto can I reload? x
    Posted by TRIP5
    i would say yes but minus the amount from your profit before the end of the challenge. But its Mr Orfords the boss :) and hopfully we wont need to ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Got to chandge the BR to £33.00 sigh
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: ROLL UP, ROLL UP FOR ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE! : Yep, May 10th-15th....Sir Bollywood - Knights of the Oval Table duties!!! Thread related question...If I go busto can I reload? x
    Posted by TRIP5

Hi Irene, I'll do my best to make the team event but can't make any promises!

As for the BR challenge- yeah, if you bust, then simply come clean about it, reload and start a completely new challenge.

Be a shame to not be involved for most the month if you 'have an accident' early doors...

• edited April 2010
    This is the alias I'll be playing under during May, btw
  • edited April 2010
    Didn't you used to be in the band The Cars.....

• edited April 2010
    I'll give it a go. still serving my apprentership so £50 to £100. wish me luck i'll need it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- STILL TIME TO MAKE YOUR PLEDGE!:
    Posted by RicOrford
             I thought the point of an alias was to disguise your identity but if we know who you are????????????.................sorry, i don't get it.Will you be wearing a fake beard and tash to go with your fake.........
  • edited April 2010
    im going to change my target to 1.5k instead of 2k. as ill be playing less than i anticipated, mainly due to my final major project at uni which is very important. still a decent challenge though
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- STILL TIME TO MAKE YOUR PLEDGE!:
    Posted by RicOrford
    oh the denial ,

the alias you picked has far to much hair ,

come on rich ,

its best you face up to the man in mirror !