You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited June 2010
    already double up 50ty.
  • edited June 2010
    I can't quite decide on a challenge for myself this month.

I was really into building my BR up last month, I've been at the 2.5-3.5k mark a few times and it's gone a bit stagnant as I almost become more interested in sustaining my BR rather than expanding.

As it stands my BR is £2,483 and I'll set myself the target of getting to £3.5k by the end of the month.

Obviously this an ROI of only say about 40% compared to the 1000% (ish) that I managed last month but I think this a fairly reasonable challenge to set myself.

So 1 month to win 1k it is.

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP!:
    I can't quite decide on a challenge for myself this month. I was really into building my BR up last month, I've been at the 2.5-3.5k mark a few times and it's gone a bit stagnant as I almost become more interested in sustaining my BR rather than expanding. As it stands my BR is £2,483 and I'll set myself the target of getting to £3.5k by the end of the month. Obviously this an ROI of only say about 40% compared to the 1000% (ish) that I managed last month but I think this a fairly reasonable challenge to set myself. So 1 month to win 1k it is.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Mate- Tikay and I are just about to go into the studio and record an entire show..about YOU! yes, Cash Unlimited next Tuesday at 8 will be following Mr. Cliokid for the entire hour.

:)
  • edited June 2010
    How about 1 cash table with 1 DYM at same time? May help ur varience a bit?
    Posted by phil12uk
    I like it Phil, but isn't it quite hard to switch your mentality from an SNG to cash constantly?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : Mate- Tikay and I are just about to go into the stuido and record an entire show..about YOU! yes, Cash Unlimited next Tuesday at 8 will be following Mr. Cliokid for the entire hour. :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Haha superb.

Hope I wasn't on tilt in the hands you show!

:)
  • edited June 2010
    Ozzie08 and 35suited your moment under the Sky Poker spotlight commences this evening at 8:30 in PTP: The challenge.

Remember to set the Sky Plus and tell your mum!

Rich and Tikay will be presenting - so should be a lot of fun.

Good luck with the rest of your challenge,

Aisling
  • edited June 2010
    I'll try for 10 into £20, 30p DYM sit'n'go games and such! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Day 1 Progress Turn £100 into £200
    01 Jun '10 at 20:10PokerOmaha HiLo 6 Max£3.46   
    01 Jun '10 at 20:03Poker1 Minute Roulette£-0.60   
    01 Jun '10 at 20:02PokerBounty Hunter£0.86   
    01 Jun '10 at 17:02PokerOpen Satellite£-2.40
    Slow start lol  tried to Sat into Open and failed but cashed in an Omaha Hi/Lo which was a major surprise

Day 1 End 4 games played +£1.32    1.32%

Dave
  • edited June 2010

im just gonna post in this thread for luck

obviously pretty much every player who posts here won in may so now ive posted roll on june lol

my sceptical side says i should take some of the posts with a pinch of salt tho :)

• edited June 2010
    Evening all!

On Play The Presenter right now and have officially started my June bankroll challlenge! (£100 into £200 before June ends)

Been playing since 7.30pm on the £5 DYMs.

So far....Played 4- Won 3

Profit- £8

An ROI of 8%.

Going well so far.... ;)
  • edited June 2010
    im just gonna post in this thread for luck obviously pretty much every player who posts here won in may so now ive posted roll on june lol my sceptical side says i should take some of the posts with a pinch of salt tho :)
    Posted by huuuuume
    Well huuummmme, no-one can accuse me of dishonesty! When you tell the whole site you've lost the lot within a few days of starting, then let's face it, you're not exactly dressing it up are you?

Maybe I should learn to bit a little less honest!!!

LOL ;)

• edited June 2010
    Last month I built up to £34.06 from £17.09, so this time I'm gonna try and double it again, so target is £68.12 or a round £70 to make it precise. All on 4NL, good luck to everyone else.
  • edited June 2010
    nice way to end the show tonight rich, 35suited started with £20 and lost it all pffttttt it was the take on tikay tourny nothing to do with this!!!!! besides i ended the month on £110 after winning some in the team events lol

anddd whilst im moaning couldnt you have shown a hadn where i didnt go in behind and luck out lol

Gareth
  • edited June 2010
    im just gonna post in this thread for luck obviously pretty much every player who posts here won in may so now ive posted roll on june lol my sceptical side says i should take some of the posts with a pinch of salt tho :)
    Posted by huuuuume
    Honesty is the best policy, on day 28 I was 1p up on the month. :-)
  • edited June 2010
    Posted by huuuuume
    Dont blame you Huuuuume, i'll come clean i lied, i actually won thousands
  • edited June 2010
    Evening all! On Play The Presenter right now and have officially started my June bankroll challlenge! (£100 into £200 before June ends) Been playing since 7.30pm on the £5 DYMs. So far....Played 4- Won 3 Profit- £8 An ROI of 8%. Going well so far.... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I don't want to steal your thunder Rich

BUT

I started at 7.30pm on the £1 DYMs and I'm 4 in 4.

;)
  • edited June 2010
    nice way to end the show tonight rich, 35suited started with £20 and lost it all pffttttt it was the take on tikay tourny nothing to do with this!!!!! besides i ended the month on £110 after winning some in the team events lol anddd whilst im moaning couldnt you have shown a hadn where i didnt go in behind and luck out lol Gareth
    Posted by 35suited

Lol- Gareth- don't shoot the messenger- I just read the info I've been given!

Tikay and I were a bit gutted you only got 5 mins of airtime tbh, we'd got it in our heads that we were doing a one hour show and that was the reason Ozzie08 was on for 25 mins.

For that reason the ending was a bit rushed- and I just about managed to blurt out '35 suited lost his £20' in time before the creditis rolled.

So apologies for not making you look like a poker god this time but we all know you're a good player anyway. :)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : I don't want to steal your thunder Rich BUT I started at 7.30pm on the £1 DYMs and I'm 4 in 4. ;)
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Alright, who nicked me thunder???

I put it down right in front of me a few seconds ago, turn my back and it's gone!

I'm calling Crimestoppers...

• edited June 2010
    Hi all

Well, £67.12 + 33.66 from tonight open = £100, 78, im back phew
  • edited June 2010
    £41.78.  Nice.  Going to do sound and lighting at the Felixstowe Drama Festival for a few days and don't know what chance I'll get to play, but I'll be back with a vengence on Saturday.
  • edited June 2010
    Just took down the 2330 5.75 £400 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter so challenge is almost attained!!

Was up £1.32 from yesterday
    02 Jun '10 at 23:23Poker£400 Bounty Hunter£102.37   
    02 Jun '10 at 19:37PokerBounty Hunter£1.87   
    02 Jun '10 at 19:10Poker£3000 Double Stack£-11.00   
    02 Jun '10 at 17:50PokerDouble Stack Sat£-2.40
    Today Day 2 + £90.84

So total after 2 days is up £92.16  ROI 92%

Good nights work, Yorkie74 cashed £27 in the Open as well which doubles her bankroll!

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    BR challenge was £2483 to £3500.

Was up £60 last night in the hour I got to play and also got my £30 cash for points which takes me to £2572.
  • edited June 2010
    BR challenge was £2483 to £3500. Was up £60 last night in the hour I got to play and also got my £30 cash for points which takes me to £2572.
    Posted by CLIOKID

Huh??? If u made that much in May, surely ur cash for points would be considerably more than £30???
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : Huh??? If u made that much in May, surely ur cash for points would be considerably more than £30???
    Posted by phil12uk
    Nope.

Only had about 2000 cash points last month.

Thats what surprised me the most about my winnings last month I didn't actually get to play all that much but pretty much every 50nl table I played I doubled up on. Had a couple of spews but less than normal.

I didn't have any spectacular sessions or anything just steady £70-£120 gains pretty much every session I played...
  • edited June 2010
    Ok This is going to be a tough challenge, ive decided to start with £100 and play OMAHA.

I shall be playing micro cash and stt. The reason it will be tough is im a complete novice at omaha, I have played a handfull of tounies in TKO and some low cash when it started on sky poker. I hope to complete the month, with out giving up so let the challenge begin.

I shall try to double the £100 but if i make any profit ill be over the moon
  • edited June 2010
    I'm up for the challenge.  My cash bankroll started at £42.76 so target is £80 on the heavy heights of the 4NL tables.

1st June +£0.01
    2nd June +£1.01

Current £43.78

Not sure what is most likely going to affect my chances, poker skill or the world cup!!
  • edited June 2010
    Well another challenge failed already lol

After going bust last month, i turned cash from frerolls into £110, so target was £220.

By the end of June 1st I was upto around £160 and thoguht id do it no problem.

Yesterday wasnt to good tho, and after several bad beats or "variance" i started chasing the money as i always do and found myself on a £33 dym.  It was bubble time big chip leader and 3 of had about the same, player a pushes i look at kk so push and for soem reason the thrid player gets involved, if he had left us to battle one of us would have been down to 1/4 of a bb, but he went with a10, i hit a k on flop unfortunately there was a j and a q as well.

This tilted me further so i registered for a £55 dym, needed to cash here and played scared poker, didnt make a raise all game untill the hand i went out trips v full house.

I woke up today with £50 and just donked it off throughout the day ending in the £22 bounty hunter lost most of my chips when i had nut straigh ton the flop but he wasnt gonig to fold his 2 pair and hit full house on river.

You'd think id learn by now, was going to say at least id stayed away from vegas but not true, when i was down to 16 i put it on red and doubled up.

Oh well good luck to everyone else, ill see you at the tables tomorrow once ive reloaded :)

Gareth
  • edited June 2010
    Unlucky 35suited,should maybe stick to the 30p dym challange did ok on them lol.
  • edited June 2010
    End of day 3 for me - early finish
    Start BR £100 target £200
    Day 1 +£6.50
    Day 2 +£2.00  (includes £7 cost for Primo Sat - qualified for Sunday)
    Day 3 +£8.80
    Total +£17.30 
  • edited June 2010
    Started at £42.76, target is £80, 4NL tables.

1st June +£0.01
    2nd June +£1.01
    3rd June +£6.09 

Current £49.87