You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP!:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : WOOOHOOOOOO Way to go Dave!! I'm almost the exact opposite lol.
    Posted by LML
    Aw thanks Lisa, mainly due to a £102 win a few night s ago!

At least we both have spectacular live results in the last week or so!!

Dave
  • edited June 2010
    Wrote a post yesterday (the site was not working tho) thanking Tikay for the commentaters curse as I was watching the Club and saw one of my above posts read out and Tikay saying that i was a good player and to watch out for me, I was very suprised to hear this as I have been on tilt for a while and been playing terribly.

I said i wouldn,t post again until i had a win. You are forgiven for Tikay, Had my first win on here for a while.

Put £18 down on a15p/30p table and after getting down to £5 , eneded up cashing out £84.

will put that to cover  my recent losses and start again with £50 from tommorow
  • edited June 2010
    Descent session today, doubled up and now reached first mini-goal of £40 so finally have 10 BI's.

Start BR - £34.06

Current BR - £40.58
  • edited June 2010
    Woohoo!! Completed a 100% ROI in 10 days! Doubled up on a Omaha Hi Lo 2p/4p table from 4-8 quid to get there!

From £97.43
    10 Jun '10 at 19:33PokerBlagford£4.00   

10 Jun '10 at 13:49PokerBounty Hunter£0.63   
    10 Jun '10 at 13:48PokerWorld Cup Warm Up£0.00   
    10 Jun '10 at 13:43Poker£7k Sky BH Sat.£-1.00
    up £3.63 after I bubbled a super sat to tonights BH

TOTAL = £101.06  101%

Dave - lets see how quick I lose it now!
    10 Jun '10 at 23:00PokerBounty Hunter£1.76   
    10 Jun '10 at 22:17PokerBlagford£0.07
    TOTAL = £102.89 103%
  • edited June 2010
    Started at £42.76, target is £80, 4NL tables.

1st June +£0.01
    2nd June +£1.01
    3rd June +£6.09 
    4th June +£6.39
    5th June -£4.42 (Knew that was coming!)
    6th June -£2.15
    7th June +£1.01 (Longest losing streak in sky history has finally ended!)
    8th June -£6.88
    9th June
    £-0.25

Current £43.57
  • edited June 2010
    may as well update now while we,ve got problems, well i started like i finished running real bad and by 4.00 pm on sunday i was down to me last 6 quid from my starting roll of £100
    So i stuck it on the super sunday,my dreams come true and i came 4th for 22 quid,i managed to hold my own for a few days losing a couple of quid winning a couple o quid then i won a deepstack for £72 which put me right back in it,i won about £30 quid last night which put me in front for the first time since i started these BR challenges so im hoping im going to start to run good, for a few weeks at least just to get my confidence back to where it was.
  • edited June 2010

Haven't posted on here for abit but here we go.  The month started very well.  I got my roll up from about £31 to £42 in two or three days, the I had to go to Felixstowe with the Parkside Players for the Felixstow Drama Festival, and since I've come back it's like I don't know how to play DYMs anymore.  At first it was just bad variance I think, and it might still be that but I feel like I'm not playing well.  I'm down to about £30 now, and am taking a bit of a break from the DYMs.  Will be playing the freerolls today.  :(

• edited June 2010

quick update time
    now up to £71.50 (£20 up on the week) from the start of the month which was £41.54
    I think I'm beginning to put into practice the things I learnt from the first challenge!
    Hopefully I can carry it on next week and I haven't just jinxed myself!

Good luck everyone, but not at the table I'm on!

• edited June 2010

Apart from qualifying for SPT in Swansea (total cost £94.00), I have not had a good week including a run where I lost 12 out of 13 "races" after being ahead in 8, but that's the way it goes sometimes.  Had to top up my bankroll by another £100 for this month, although my Swansea seat is worth £110, so not total disaster.  Need a strong 2nd half to the month.
    Another consolation, I am still over £160 ahead in 2010.

Start BR £100 target £200
    Day 1 +£6.50
    Day 2 +£2.00 
    Day 3 +£8.80
    Day 4 -£2.00
    Day 5 -£34.40
    Day 6 -£11.00
    Day 7 -£22.00
    Day 8 -£34.40 (includes cost of SPT Sat & Semi - qualified for Swansea, seat worth £110)
    Day 9 -£55.00 (terrible run)
    Day 10 +£9.00
    Day 11 -£2.00
    Day 12 -£24.00
    Total -£158.50

• edited June 2010
    Day 13 and I'm in the green!!!!!

BR £57.13...doubledup.com....Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Bring on July :o)

x
  • edited June 2010
    Ok- Day 13 and I'm still yet to show a profit!

£15 down on my £100.

Some might argue though that's a bit of a victory for me at this half-way stage! ;)

Nevertheless I'm on Play The Presenter this Wednesday, sat alongside Tikay no doubt in the office after we finish recording all the shows like The Club for the week.
    So I'm determined that evening to get that figure above £100!

Welll done to everyone who has posted on here recently with profits- I'm, well impressed...and yes, ok, ever so slightly jealous!

:)

• edited June 2010
    Only slightly Rich ? lolol
  • edited June 2010
    My bankroll has now gone from £15 to £168 i have also withdrawn £125 so i am up a total of £278 thanks mainly to my 8th in last weds doblestack for £111 and 2nites £1200 b/h in which i came 4th for a total of £100.20 gl all dav
  • edited June 2010
    OK haven't posted on here since the last challenge finished.  My plan is to take the balance at the end of the May BRC of £157.17 and double it as Mr Orford demands of us (never going to happen).

Currently my balance stands at £214.00.

There may be hope yet
  • edited June 2010
    OK haven't posted on here since the last challenge finished.  My plan is to take the balance at the end of the May BRC of £157.17 and double it as Mr Orford demands of us (never going to happen). Currently my balance stands at £214.00. There may be hope yet
    Posted by Machka
    Use the Force, Aaron...

Alternatively, use brute force to nick it off someone in the street.*

* I did not recommend this.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi Rich

Will you be joining the tables later?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : Use the Force, Aaron... Alternatively, use brute force to nick it off someone in the street.* * I did not recommend this.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Much as you do not recommend shoplifting, on TV, theft of petrol (allegedly), on TV, or kicking small animals (ok I made this one up, but to be fair I bet you would if no one was looking).
  • edited June 2010

Day 16.

Richard comes into the diary room...

My bankroll challenge continues this evening from approximately 7pm- so look out for me on the tables - the alias is 'ricorford'.

I'm going to play the Orfordable deepstack for £2.20 at 7.10 where I'm hoping to outlast Tikay in his 7pm Sleepstack and then maybe play some DYMs/cash until I switch to my official Sky Poker alias of 'richorford' and play the World Cup qualifier at 10pm.

So please come and join me tonight in the deepie and then on the cash tables. Be nice to chat to you and you can watch at first-hand how NOT to do a bankroll challenge!

Starting roll- £100
    Current roll- £85
    ROI- minus 15%

• edited June 2010
    Day 16. Richard comes into the diary room... My bankroll challenge continues this evening from approximately 7pm- so look out for me on the tables - the alias is 'ricorford'. I'm going to play the Orfordable deepstack for £2.20 at 7.10 where I'm hoping to outlast Tikay in his 7pm Sleepstack and then maybe play some DYMs/cash until I switch to my official Sky Poker alias of 'richorford' and play the World Cup qualifier at 10pm. So please come and join me tonight in the deepie and then on the cash tables. Be nice to chat to you and you can watch at first-hand how NOT to do a bankroll challenge! Starting roll- £100 Current roll- £85 ROI- minus 15%
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I don't know whether this takes it out of your BRM scheme but the Orfordable is £3.30.
    Do you want to consult your bank manager?
  • edited June 2010
    Day 16. Richard comes into the diary room... My bankroll challenge continues this evening from approximately 7pm- so look out for me on the tables - the alias is 'ricorford'. I'm going to play the Orfordable deepstack for £2.20 at 7.10 where I'm hoping to outlast Tikay in his 7pm Sleepstack and then maybe play some DYMs/cash until I switch to my official Sky Poker alias of 'richorford' and play the World Cup qualifier at 10pm. So please come and join me tonight in the deepie and then on the cash tables. Be nice to chat to you and you can watch at first-hand how NOT to do a bankroll challenge! Starting roll- £100 Current roll- £85 ROI- minus 15%
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    AHhhhhhhhh.
    Glad you could join us at last, although with your limited experience in the Orfordable Deepstack I doubt you will outlast me yet alone Tikay Lol.

I am also registered for the Tikay Sleepstack so come join us if you dare.

Good Luck Rich..........See You There.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : AHhhhhhhhh. Glad you could join us at last, although with your limited experience in the Orfordable Deepstack I doubt you will outlast me yet alone Tikay Lol. I am also registered for the Tikay Sleepstack so come join us if you dare. Good Luck Rich..........See You There.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Cheers Trev- so far, so ordinary I'm afraid. I'm 32nd out of 45 playing with 4,430 chips of my 5000 as we approach the end of the first hour.

Sigh...
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : I don't know whether this takes it out of your BRM scheme but the Orfordable is £3.30. Do you want to consult your bank manager?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Lol- I think this is where I've been going wrong Vince. Playing in tourneys which I think are cheap, but are in reality a little more expensive.

That, and playing rubbish poker as well...
  • edited June 2010
    OK- 17th in the Orfordable meaning another £3.30 off my total.

So now on £82.70 from £100= minus 17.3%
  • edited June 2010
    OK- Day 17.

Status reports please all!

I'm yet to get off the mark this month but I've 'only' lost 17 quid, so feeling reasonably good about that!

How is everyone's challenge faring?

And if you haven't started one yet- it's not too late. Pick an amount, post it on here and pledge to double it before June expires.

"You have 13 days to complete your missions...

This player will self-destruct...on the 2p/4p tables"
  • edited June 2010

after a terrible start(was down to me last fiver) my everlasting downturn suddenly become an upswing and i managed to turn that last fiver into £215,so from my starting £100 i,ve hit my target plus £15.this game is unreal at times so while i,ve been minimising my losses for a few months now i knew i would hit a run of cards sooner or later so when i did i took maximum advantage and my confidence is slowly coming back.
    so i,ve hit my target i wont carry on i,ll wait for the next one,great challenge though it does give you an aim in the game and something to think about,roll on the next one..sean

• edited June 2010
    started £500, current £1719. only 7 days left for me, might play safely
  • edited June 2010
    after a terrible start(was down to me last fiver) my everlasting downturn suddenly become an upswing and i managed to turn that last fiver into £215,so from my starting £100 i,ve hit my target plus £15.this game is unreal at times so while i,ve been minimising my losses for a few months now i knew i would hit a run of cards sooner or later so when i did i took maximum advantage and my confidence is slowly coming back. so i,ve hit my target i wont carry on i,ll wait for the next one,great challenge though it does give you an aim in the game and something to think about,roll on the next one..sean
    Posted by stokefc

Wow, inspiring stuff Sean. FIVE QUID into £215??!!! Tasty ROI, that!

Glad the cards are coming for you now and that you found this challenge helped you improve.

:)
  • edited June 2010
    started £500, current £1719. only 7 days left for me, might play safely
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB

Jaeger, that's legendary. I think you deserve one or two of your name-sakes to toast your victory.

That's one or two though-you're the designated driver!

;)
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : Jaeger, that's legendary. I think you deserve one or two of your name-sakes to toast your victory. That's one or two though-you're the designated driver! ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Thanks Rich, starting to enjoy the scary world of 50p/£1 and £1/£2 cash games.
    Hope to see you at swansea
  • edited June 2010
    managed to get br upto £77.03 now. But not playing well last couple of days so it has gone down a bit. Highest point was a couple of quid off doubling up. Need to refocus.