You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP!:
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : ...well you could certainly fit a list of my greatest poker victories on the back of one! Two out of two for DYMs so far tonight- my current winning streak is 7- my all-time record is 13. Bankroll now £152.20. Game on!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Good luck sir!!!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : Good luck sir!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Ty Phil

Just won the 8th consecutive one!

Kerboom!

27 Jun '10 at 20:11PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History27 Jun '10 at 18:38PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History27 Jun '10 at 17:58PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History23 Jun '10 at 22:40PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History23 Jun '10 at 22:03PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History23 Jun '10 at 19:26PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History23 Jun '10 at 19:03PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History23 Jun '10 at 18:21PokerDouble Your Money£4.50£0.00InternetHand History
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : ...well you could certainly fit a list of my greatest poker victories on the back of one! Two out of two for DYMs so far tonight- my current winning streak is 7- my all-time record is 13. Bankroll now £152.20. Game on!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Your winning streak was that time you ran across the pitch during the England v Australia 20-20 match, mind you that cart wheel was going a bit too far.

How about a little stunt at Wimbledon this year, perhaps a fosbury flop over the centre net whilst shouting New Balls at the top of your voice?
  • edited June 2010
    9 for 9!

Going for the double figure as we speak!

Forget your Isner/Mahut 11 hour marathon record-breaker at Wimbledon this week...I'm not going to bed until I've smashed the all-time Sky Poker DYM win streak- which I'm relaibly informed is 23!!!!

Put the coffee on, I'm here all night! ;)
  • edited June 2010
    And it's over!

My Jacks ran into Aces!

A 9 game DYM cashing streak has come to an end.

Bankroll up to £155.70.

£44.30 to get to my target.

Right- more DYMS!
  • edited June 2010
    Day 28...

Arrgh! Running out of time!
    Bankroll currently £147

Still need £53 and I've got 3 nights to do it in!

DYMs seem to be my best bet at the moment as I've cashed in 10 out of the last 13.

So that's where I am right now if anyone wants to come say hello. :)

Alias- ricorford

• edited June 2010
    do a £55 dym and get there in 1 go :)
  • edited June 2010
    do a £55 dym and get there in 1 go :)
    Posted by 35suited

Lol- you have no idea how tempting that is, Gareth.

Stop luring me over to the Dark Side of bankroll mis-management!

No, I'm sticking with my £5 DYMs.

2 out of 2 tonight. Currently going for the hat-trick before retiring for the evening.

Current bankroll- £151.50

Will either be £146 or £156 by close of play tonight...

• edited June 2010
    Woohoo! 3 for 3. And 12 out of 15 in total now.

Br- £156.

Final crack at it - Wednesday night. See you there!
  • edited June 2010
    will we be getting the same for JULY.?
  • edited June 2010
    will we be getting the same for JULY.?
    Posted by derk2827

Good question Derk- will get back to you shortly on that!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : A cold? Affecting your online poker? That is possibly the worst excuse I've ever heard, Irene! ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Can I take the bluff-fold option instead please Rich?

Gotta bless the girl for trying :o)

x
  • edited June 2010
    just saw the challenge on sky tv ..... will give this a go .....only got £3.28..... i know the challenge is double up but my target is £32.80 Andy Bee
    Posted by ANDYBEE

Well after playing to many DYMs and getting no profit just tredding water ..... enter a free roll finishing 7th

moved from starting point

£3,28  to £9.80

ROI 298% .... and about the same for sky in rake ..... i think ill hold at this point befor i muck up

target was £32.80  but i hope you run a july one and ill try that

i know an ROI of 298 % is good but if you start low its easy .... so im not realy counting that but if i can do the same in july that will give a target of about £30 so lets see if you run it next month

Andy Bee

• edited June 2010
    br now £76.04 from £41.54 so overall great, but could have been well into £80s if hadn't tilted a bit after the 2p/4p "creative" play.
    think I'll stop here, as I'm getting beaten by air at the moment.
    AJ suited beaten by 36 this morning after going all in after flop (£2) after flopping pair of aces. they had pair of 3s after flop and got fh!

hope everyone goes well on the last day and a bit of the month. don't try to push it as I did as you could come a cropper.

gl
  • edited June 2010
    "I've got a feeling...

That tonight's gonna be a good night...

That toniiiight's gonna be a good night...

That toniiiiight's gonna be a good, good niii-iiight!"

...so said the Black Eyed Peas. and nothing could be more pertinent to the final day of my June bankroll challenge.

Yes- ths evening from 7 I willl be attempting the seemingly impossible: To take my £156 to £200 using a combo of DYMs, MTTs and cash.

I'm playing the Rich Pickings MTT at 8.30 and possibly the Take On Tikay as well.

Look out later at 10 or 11pm as things get desperate and I start to blow my bankroll discipline to hit the target. (30 quid DYMs anyone???) Yes, it will be the equivalent of sending David James up the pitch for a corner...and we all know what happened there, don't we..?

• edited June 2010
    What about JULY.?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- THE FINAL NIGHT!:
    What about JULY.?
    Posted by derk2827

Hi Derk,

Having consulted the powers that be, the decision is we're going to rest the bankroll challenge for July and instead do a few 'one night only' challenges whenever I do a Play The Presenter night.

I'll be keeping this thread updated though as to the state of my own bankroll and I oviously would love everyone else to keep contributng towards it and telling us all where your own bankroll stands.

Also, if anyone wants to set themselves a challenge so we can follow their progress then by all means stick it on here anyway!

More details to follow on these 'one night only challeneges". Might call them 'one night stands'. There's a thought...
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- THE FINAL NIGHT! : Hi Derk, Having consulted the powers that be, the decision is we're going to rest the bankroll challenge for July and instead do a few 'one night only' challenges whenever I do a Play The Presenter night. I'll be keeping this thread updated though as to the state of my own bankroll and I oviously would love everyone else to keep contributng towards it and telling us all where your own bankroll stands. Also, if anyone wants to set themselves a challenge so we can follow their progress then by all means stick it on here anyway! More details to follow on these 'one night only challeneges". Might call them 'one night stands'. There's a thought...
    Posted by RICHORFORD

For July i will start with £200 will be mainly playing cash tho hope to play at least 1 tourney per night  as i am really enjoying my poker at present  set myself a target of 2000 league points this month am currently on 1946 playing 2 tables when i get my new glasses i should be able to play 3 or 4 tables

Good to see you are doing well with your bankroll Rich nice 1 & well done to all who hit there June targets

michael
  • edited June 2010
    "I'll be keeping this thread updated though as to the state of my own bankroll and I obviously would love everyone else to keep contributng towards it and telling us all where your own bankroll stands."

Richard, are you goading Sky Poker community members into giving you money at the poker tables?! :P
  • edited June 2010
    thx Ric maybe i will meet you at the tables,i will keep watching for your one night stands.cheers m8
  • edited June 2010
    [QUOTE]"I'll be keeping this thread updated though as to the state of my own bankroll and I obviously would love everyone else to keep contributing towards it" Richard, are you goading Sky Poker community members into giving you money at the poker tables?! :P
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Lol.

Yes, unfortunate sentence construction from me there.

Having said that, I figure everyone knows what I meant for the simple reason that in 10 years of playing poker NOBODY has contributed to my bankroll :(

PS- I see you're down to be the analyst on Saturday night's show. Good luck and don't forget to bring a decent shirt this time! ;)  Oh, and no blaming wardrobe if your next choice gets flamed on the forum!!!!
  • edited June 2010

Having said that, I figure everyone knows what I meant for the simple reason that in 10 years of playing poker NOBODY has contributed to my bankroll :(

i have!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Dave is going to be analyst on Saturday?
    That's excellent news. I, and many others, was really impressed when Dave last filled the role.
    Will penguin be making an appearance?
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, he's a really good analyst is Dave- no disagreements from this end...
  • edited June 2010
    Having said that, I figure everyone knows what I meant for the simple reason that in 10 years of playing poker NOBODY has contributed to my bankroll :( i have!!!!
    Posted by scotty77
    To protect your intregrity Ryan- I wasn't going to mention that!
  • edited June 2010
    COMPETITION!

OK- since it's the last night of my June bankroll challenge, let's have a bit of fun with it and throw some little Sky Poker goodies into the mix.

So...I have £156 going into tonight's session at approximately 7pm.

I will finish around midnight, or perhaps just before depending on when my last tourney ends.

My question is- how much will my bankroll be at the close of play tonight?

Nearest answer wins a bunch of Sky Poker branded merchandise- a stressball, couple of keyrings, couple of beermats and loads of pens.

In the event of a tie, the first person to have posted will win.

Post your guesses on this thread and the very best of luck!
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BR CHALLENGE- THE FINAL NIGHT COMPETITION TO WIN SKY POKER MERCHANDISE! Post your entries here!:
    56p!   :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    If I have to seriously roll the dice at 11.30 to hit my target, your guess could be close than you think Alan...
  • edited June 2010

I reckon  £199-99   will see how you are doing when i get back from playing pool
  • edited June 2010
    Go on Rich, 200.00