You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited June 2010
    And there's the sixth!

Bankroll now ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIIIIIGHHTTTTYYYYYYY!!!!

57 minutes left of the month to hit £200!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BR CHALLENGE- WIN SKY POKER MERCHANDISE IN OUR FREE FINAL NIGHT COMPETITION! Post your entries here before 7pm tonight!:
    And there's the sixth! Bankroll now ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIIIIIGHHTTTTYYYYYYY!!!! 57 minutes left of the month to hit £200!
    Posted by RicOrford
    and dont stop there keep going!!
  • edited June 2010
    And seven!

£185.30 and 40 minutes left!
  • edited June 2010
    come on rich multi task you have my faith in you  so do not let me down
  • edited June 2010

Won the eighth but then disaster in the ninth: my all-in Queens got beat by AK when a K landed on the river.

So- my consecutive cashes finishes on 8 for the night and 11 overall.

It also means I've cashed in 20 of the last 24 I've played. Not bad! :)

BR currently: £184.30.

I'm not going to make £200 by midnight but it's been one hell of a ride!

• edited June 2010
    heads up cash quick, hit and run you can do it :)
  • edited July 2010
    He's currently in a £110 DYM, fingers crossed eh?
  • edited July 2010
    And the challenge is over!

I finished the night with a cash in a £5.50 DYM so ended on a high note.

My overall bankroll for June from a starting point of £100 then is....

£183.30!

An ROI of 83.3%

Well happy with that! Particularly when you consider how badly my MAY challenge went! Bankrupt in 4 days!!!

Lessons I've learned- don't run before you can walk with your buy-ins. As tempting as it's been to step up a level on the DYMs to hit my target I stayed at the five quid ones. When I do eventually hit £200 I will step up to the £10 ones. But only then.

As for the winner of all the SKy Poker goodies- it's hats off to

Derk2827 who predicted £178.69

Well done mate.

And thanks to all of you who've supported me in this bankroll challenge and joined in with your own ones as well.

Look out in July for some one-off one-night only money challenges! ;)
  • edited July 2010

finished on br of £79.70

was watching Rich playing the DYMs. thay seem to be your game m8.

well done

• edited July 2010
    well done rich,great result mate..
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations Rich, imagine what you could be on if you'd started the month just playing 5 quid DYMs!

I ended the month on £189.92, so not a complete disaster.
  • edited July 2010
    well played Ric m8,waiting 4 my goodies now,haha.cheers. lol
  • edited July 2010
    well done rich ....... so much better than May ...... now the questions is are you running a July .......or taking a holiday

Andy Bee
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE:
    well played Ric m8,waiting 4 my goodies now,haha.cheers. lol
    Posted by derk2827
    Yeah well done mate. You should receive a PM from Sky-Claire in due course arranging delivery. You might have to wait  a little longer than usual though because she's just jetted off this morning to Las Vegas with Team Sky Poker!

Let me know if you don't hear within a couple of weeks.
  • edited July 2010
    well done rich ....... so much better than May ...... now the questions is are you running a July .......or taking a holiday Andy Bee
    Posted by ANDYBEE
    Hi Andy- cheers mate. Yes, infinitely better for May. For July though I'm not going to run a month-long comp- I'm going to organise a few one-night only challenges.

I might have a DYM-athon for example. Who can cash in the most- (at whatever level people feel comfortable playing at) between 7pm and midnight one night with the best record winning some goodies. 

More details...when I think of them! LOL
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE : Hi Andy- cheers mate. Yes, infinitely better for May. For July though I'm not going to run a month-long comp- I'm going to organise a few one-night only challenges. I might have a DYM-athon for example. Who can cash in the most- (at whatever level people feel comfortable playing at) between 7pm and midnight one night with the best record winning some goodies.  More details...when I think of them! LOL
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Please put my name top of the list if LML is going to indulge in this one-night only challenge thingy!....:))))
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BR CHALLENGE- WIN SKY POKER MERCHANDISE IN OUR FREE FINAL NIGHT COMPETITION! Post your entries here before 7pm tonight!:
    And the challenge is over! I finished the night with a cash in a £5.50 DYM so ended on a high note. My overall bankroll for June from a starting point of £100 then is.... £183.30! An ROI of 83.3% Well happy with that! Particularly when you consider how badly my MAY challenge went! Bankrupt in 4 days!!! Lessons I've learned- don't run before you can walk with your buy-ins. As tempting as it's been to step up a level on the DYMs to hit my target I stayed at the five quid ones. When I do eventually hit £200 I will step up to the £10 ones. But only then. As for the winner of all the SKy Poker goodies- it's hats off to Derk2827 who predicted £178.69 Well done mate. And thanks to all of you who've supported me in this bankroll challenge and joined in with your own ones as well. Look out in July for some one-off one-night only money challenges! ;)
    Posted by RicOrford
    Cheers Ric, i hope Claire does you proud in the USA,i will wait until near the end of the month before i see about the PM and once agin well played and thx m8.
  • edited July 2010

Well done Ric.  Didn't realise all this was being televised until I saw some of your show a few days ago and noticed my name at the bottom of the list. 
    For the record I started the month with £100, added £100 and finished with £97.01 plus a seat in SPT Swansea worth £110.  To me that is +£7.01, you might see it differently

• edited July 2010

Well done Rich
  • edited July 2010
    And the challenge is over! I finished the night with a cash in a £5.50 DYM so ended on a high note. My overall bankroll for June from a starting point of £100 then is.... £183.30! An ROI of 83.3% Well happy with that! Particularly when you consider how badly my MAY challenge went! Bankrupt in 4 days!!! Lessons I've learned- don't run before you can walk with your buy-ins. As tempting as it's been to step up a level on the DYMs to hit my target I stayed at the five quid ones. When I do eventually hit £200 I will step up to the £10 ones. But only then. As for the winner of all the SKy Poker goodies- it's hats off to Derk2827 who predicted £178.69 Well done mate. And thanks to all of you who've supported me in this bankroll challenge and joined in with your own ones as well. Look out in July for some one-off one-night only money challenges! ;)
    Posted by RicOrford
    NO-ONE LIKES A SHOW OFF!!!!

June = EPIC FAIL OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS 

BR 0.01 (after reloading 4 chuffin times!!!)

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(well done Rich - Ignore the bitter bird in the corner x)
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Rich, those DYM runs are pretty impressive.

I Started at £42.76,

Target was £80, 4NL tables.

Final £60.72

ROI = 42%  I will take that, lost a lot of time watching the exciting, dynamic england team!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Ric.  Didn't realise all this was being televised until I saw some of your show a few days ago and noticed my name at the bottom of the list.  For the record I started the month with £100, added £100 and finished with £97.01 plus a seat in SPT Swansea worth £110.  To me that is +£7.01, you might see it differently
    Posted by Dollie
    No mate- I see it as a £7.01 profit! We'd both make good spin doctors!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BR CHALLENGE- WIN SKY POKER MERCHANDISE IN OUR FREE FINAL NIGHT COMPETITION! Post your entries here before 7pm tonight! : NO-ONE LIKES A SHOW OFF!!!! June = EPIC FAIL OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS  BR 0.01 (after reloading 4 chuffin times!!!) Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (well done Rich - Ignore the bitter bird in the corner x)
    Posted by TRIP5
    Lol Irene- pardon my showing off, but seriously did you read my posts in May??? No-one could accuse me of hiding away from the truth then!

'An epic fail of biblical proportions' would be a fair description of all my poker endeavours until this month!

Unlucky to you this month though- better luck next time! x
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Rich, those DYM runs are pretty impressive. I Started at £42.76,   Target was £80, 4NL tables. Final £60.72 ROI = 42%  I will take that, lost a lot of time watching the exciting, dynamic england team!!!
    Posted by Patching99
    Ty Patching and well done yourself. A solid result.
  • edited July 2010

Alryt Sky Poker just been grinding the cash tables.
    Started with £13.00 and have turned it into £160 in two days.
    Been playiny the 0.15/0.30 limits and the 0.25/0.50 limits.
    Hope to continue this. lol

• edited July 2010
    Posted by RicOrford
    Hi Ric,just letting you know Anneka has been in touch with me getting my address etc to send over my PM,Cheers m8
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers Ric,Anneka has already been on and got all my details for PM,thx keep up the good work.
  • edited July 2010
    Anymore BR challanges predicted?
  • edited July 2010
    whats keeping you Ric with the July challenge,half the month is nearly away m8.?
  • edited July 2010
    Hi chaps- I'm spending July playing the cash tables and DYMs- no bankroll challenge from me this month, but you are more than welcome to keep posting updates on your own bankrolls on this thread.