You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Started at £42.76, target is £80, 4NL tables.

Not posted for a while as I have not played as much as hoped due to the world cup.  No chance of hitting my target now...

Current £55.49
  • edited June 2010
    BR down to £206.97 but still doing happy with the months performance so far.
  • edited June 2010
    Right, grabbed a spare moment and have entered the £5.50 Velocity rebuy which has just this second kicked off.

I'm under the alias of 'ricorford' if anyone fancies stopping by.

Little worried about the 'rebuy' aspect though- my Spidey sense is telling me that this could be the undoing of my June challenge!

• edited June 2010
    THIRD!!!!
    Yes, THIRD!!!!

Out of 73 runners!

OK, so we'll gloss over the fact that I re-bought twice and added-on for the princely total of £22. I still managed to take down £66.60!

So- from £82.70 I'm now up to £127.30, which is the first time since I started my series of challenges back in May that I've actually been in profit. LOL!...(or should that be CRY?)

Either way- 27.3% ROI and 10 days left. GAME ON!
  • edited June 2010
    My advice is don't play again until you have recorded the next The Club and see what Tikay makes of you being In Profit!

Well done Rich.
  • edited June 2010

Amazingly still in the green...a really harsh weekend saw my BR fall to £64.14 from £76.00 but still significantly up on my appaling £20.00 from last month!!!

Next target £100

Well done Rich...onwards and upwards!!!

x

• edited June 2010
    Start - £34.09

Current - £42.16, haven't been putting nearly as much time in as I should be any profit is welcomed.
  • edited June 2010
    well, br is now £71.36
    £30 up on the month, but short of the target of £83
    was there for overnight, but since then have lost every race or been out flopped,etc.
    AAv66, KKvJ9, etc.  Lost £12 in 2 days of playing.

Can't catch a cold, so stopping now until end of month to get my head together.
    Not sure if people are getting looser (if that is possible on 2p/4p!!) or I'm not playing well.

Still has been fun, especially talking to those who know you are in the challenge or who are also doing it.
    Great atmosphere.

Good luck to everyone.
    Hope you keep in profit Rich. Don't get carried away!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP!:
    Amazingly still in the green...a really harsh weekend saw my BR fall to £64.14 from £76.00 but still significantly up on my appaling £20.00 from last month!!! Next target £100 Well done Rich...onwards and upwards!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5

To misquote a Dexy's MIdnight Runners' track:

Come on Irene!
  • edited June 2010
    My advice is don't play again until you have recorded the next The Club and see what Tikay makes of you being In Profit ! Well done Rich.
    Posted by Machka

I believe he is holding crisis talks with his media advisers as to how to approach this problem as we speak...
  • edited June 2010
    Start - £34.09 Current - £42.16, haven't been putting nearly as much time in as I should be any profit is welcomed.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

Dude, a profit is a profit is a profit.

Simple as.

Well done mate.
  • edited June 2010
    well, br is now £71.36 £30 up on the month, but short of the target of £83 was there for overnight, but since then have lost every race or been out flopped,etc. AAv66, KKvJ9, etc.  Lost £12 in 2 days of playing.   Can't catch a cold, so stopping now until end of month to get my head together. Not sure if people are getting looser (if that is possible on 2p/4p!!) or I'm not playing well. Still has been fun, especially talking to those who know you are in the challenge or who are also doing it. Great atmosphere. Good luck to everyone. Hope you keep in profit Rich. Don't get carried away!
    Posted by walesboy

Thanks for your comments Walesboy and I will try not to get carried away.

I'm guessing this post is going to look pretty stupid if you scroll down to the bottom of the page when I'm posting about my disastrous session on the £1/£2 tables in two days' time!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : I believe he is holding crisis talks with his media advisers as to how to approach this problem as we speak...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    If you REALLY want to show tikay how its done why not have a go at the £2.20 Take on Tikay game at 8.30 tonight:)
  • edited June 2010
    Not posted here for a while.  Good to see you that you are in the black Richard, although you hint that you might have taken a bit of a hit.
    I have probably cheated.  Whilst I started the month with £100, I topped it up with another £100, went down to £9, but currently stand at £91.50, something of a recovery after cashing in 8 successive DYMs.  I also won a Swansea SPT seat worth £110 (cost £94), so I could argue that I am £1.50 ahead.  Whatever, I will need to continue my current roll to get anywhere near the target of +£100.
  • edited June 2010
    Managed to get the balance back up to £213.80.  I find setting a target slightly hinders my enjoyment of the game so I'm cutting out most MTT's where I perform worst and sticking with SNG/DYM's.  Maybe a bit of cash on PTP nights for added value. ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    Start - £34.09

Current - £45.36

Had awful session yesturday getting a bit into profit then burned it off, ended up only 60p down but one of those frustrating ones. Much prefer the raise with KK get shoved on and snap off.
  • edited June 2010
    OK-a little like England in the World Cup today, I'm running out of time and options.

Day 23 of the challenge- I'm 27% up but need that to be 100% ideally by June 30th.

Tonight I'm going to play some cash on the 2p/4p tables fom 7pm until the Rich Pickings tournament at 8.30pm which is a fast-paced cheap rebuy tourney named in my honour. Cheap and fast, what can they driving at?

But based on my last result, I think this will be a good one for me.

After that- I will either retreat to the cash tables, go on a little series of DYMs or, depending on how early I go out the 8.30, enter another MTT.

Please come and rail/play. I'll be playing under my personal bankroll alias of 'ricorford'.

:)
  • edited June 2010
    6.33pm

Right- I've started early today!

I'm playing £5 DYMs right now till Rich Pickings at 8.30.

Tonight's starting roll- £127.30

Target £150

Do drop by!

alias- ricorford
  • edited June 2010

Out the Rich Pickings tourney- 13th out of 62.  8 get paid.

Close but no cigar. Bought one re-buy and an add-on.

So all told still up on the whole night so far.

Bankroll currently- £134.70 (from £127.30 at the start of play)

More DYMS now!

• edited June 2010
    Rich ! DYM's??? really?????

cmon.......

youuuu cannot be serrrriarseeee!!!
  • edited June 2010
    4 DYMS out of 4 tonight

Now on my 5th.

All told on £139.70 (from £127.30)
  • edited June 2010

And that's me for the night.

All together since 6pm this evening- played 5 DYMs and cashed in all 5!

Then came 13th out of 62 in the Rich Pickings MTT.

Starting bankroll this evening- £127.30

Target for the evening- £150

Finishing bankroll for the evening- £149.70!

30p short but I ran out of time- I'm still in the Sky Poker office and have to head back home at some stage!

But overall- well happy with my June challenge now. One week left and I'm 50% up!

Feel a bit like the England team- terrible start, now starting to get into gear :)

Until next time then- good luck everyone with your bankrolls over the next 7 days!!!

• edited June 2010
    Great comeback in that last game too Rich :)
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah very good comeback. :)
  • edited June 2010
    From hero to zero!!!!!

After the win for England last night I ended up getting wined and pokered up...wiiiiiiii you would think but oh no, that would be too easy!

I found my myself in the TOT & Rich Pickings whilst baraging 2 of the 10/20 tables...the result of course was that I went busto....I knew I shouldn't have played with a cold...ffs!!!!

I will be reloading tomorrow so by Sunday's match against the Germans I'll probably have to reload on Monday too ;o)

Well done to everyone last night...
    NOW GIVE ME MY CHIPS BACK!!!!

x

• edited June 2010
    From hero to zero!!!!! After the win for England last night I ended up getting wined and pokered up...wiiiiiiii you would think but oh no, that would be too easy! I found my myself in the TOT & Rich Pickings whilst baraging 2 of the 10/20 tables...the result of course was that I went busto....I knew I shouldn't have played with a cold...ffs!!!! I will be reloading tomorrow so by Sunday's match against the Germans I'll probably have to reload on Monday too ;o) Well done to everyone last night... NOW GIVE ME MY CHIPS BACK!!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5
    A cold? Affecting your online poker?

That is possibly the worst excuse I've ever heard, Irene!

;)
  • edited June 2010
    And that's me for the night. All together since 6pm this evening- played 5 DYMs and cashed in all 5! Then came 13th out of 62 in the Rich Pickings MTT. Starting bankroll this evening- £127.30 Target for the evening- £150 Finishing bankroll for the evening- £149.70! 30p short but I ran out of time- I'm still in the Sky Poker office and have to head back home at some stage! But overall- well happy with my June challenge now. One week left and I'm 50% up! Feel a bit like the England team- terrible start, now starting to get into gear :) Until next time then- good luck everyone with your bankrolls over the next 7 days!!!
    Posted by RicOrford

Ha! Just updated my bankroll spreadset and realised I've fudged my figures. I didn't finish the other night with £149.70- I finished with £143.20.

Oh well, still in good shape and playing right now on the £5.50 DYMS.

I'm not going to let that absymal England exit affect me...
    ...much.

• edited June 2010
    And just won the first one of the night. Taking me up to £147.70.

Onwards and upwards!
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : Ha! Just updated my bankroll spreadset and realised I've fudged my figures. I didn't finish the other night with £149.70- I finished with £143.20. Oh well, still in good shape and playing right now on the £5.50 DYMS. I'm not going to let that absymal England exit affect me... ...much.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    By spreadsheet do you mean back of a f.a.g packet?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S JUNE BANKROLL CHALLENGE- 30 DAYS TO DOUBLE-UP! : By spreadsheet do you mean back of a f.a.g packet?
    Posted by Machka
    ...well you could certainly fit a list of my greatest poker victories on the back of one!

Two out of two for DYMs so far tonight- my current winning streak is 7- my all-time record is 13.

Bankroll now £152.20.

Game on!