You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    BR playing only cash up to £31.99, started on £17.09. Still have a lot less than 5% lol, only 8 BI's which is quite scary but just trying to get to little goals along he way next one is 9 BI's then the magic 10, overall the aim is to reach £80.

p.s Walesboy a tip for playing with a low BR which I have started doing is once I lose 25 BB's to some sort of bad beat/outdraw I just have a break for an hour or so, log off the site and just do something else for an hour or two. I personally know if I reload straight away and keep playing I will be in an angry mood and it could get a whole lot worse, better leave early and come back refreshed. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Hi all

Well, thanks to this little result: acebarry10 - £16.26 + £19.32 , my BR is at £136.93.
  • edited May 2010
    hi all been away from thread for ages.

so started with 100 and have been yoyoing all over the shop,
    320 tops and 78 bottom at this moment in time at 102 so actually
    not that bad means i havent had to top up for a month!!!

One of my problems is the slot machines when on tilt, got felted
    three times in about half hour each time flopping two pair and other
    player also flopping better two pair. On NL 30.

So off to rainbow riches 230 down to 98 not the best idea really wish
    i didnt go on tilt!! I could have taken the 140 and sat at a decent table
    if i was willing to lose this much and had a chance of takin some decent
    pots down. Or just carried on grinding at nl30 luck had to change.

does this count towards br challenge it was money in my poker account
    and my gambling side takin over!!

If so i'm UP 2% get in this time next year i'll be a millionaire, and a better
    return than those greedy bankers give ya!!!

thanks Matt
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    BR playing only cash up to £31.99, started on £17.09. Still have a lot less than 5% lol, only 8 BI's which is quite scary but just trying to get to little goals along he way next one is 9 BI's then the magic 10, overall the aim is to reach £80. p.s Walesboy a tip for playing with a low BR which I have started doing is once I lose 25 BB's to some sort of bad beat/outdraw I just have a break for an hour or so, log off the site and just do something else for an hour or two. I personally know if I reload straight away and keep playing I will be in an angry mood and it could get a whole lot worse, better leave early and come back refreshed. ;)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    cheers mate
    I try to but easier said than done!
    just lost yesterdays winnings
    did have a break part way through, but just one of those days. any decent hand i get is outdrawn.
    at least i am still slightly up from starting br.
    you still go in at 100bb even given the size of your br?
    i've been going lower based on previous posts with respect to % of br you should stake
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : cheers mate I try to but easier said than done! just lost yesterdays winnings did have a break part way through, but just one of those days. any decent hand i get is outdrawn. at least i am still slightly up from starting br. you still go in at 100bb even given the size of your br? i've been going lower based on previous posts with respect to % of br you should stake
    Posted by walesboy
    Even though it might not be going with 5% rule I really never see the point in sitting with less than 100bb's. It means I have to play a bit tighter and not take as many big risks but when I do get a big hand I'm guarenteed to get the maximum from it. If you just sit down with say 50bb's or less than a lot of time it's goin to be very hard to not get pot commited in a hand, even early as the flop/turn. For example atm i should be sitting down with £1.60 at a table this is just pointless as I would be just another short stack merchant hoping for lucky double up.

Big advice for the 4NL level is just raise with good hands, but enough so you isolate players and don't price in limpers and also bet big when you hit a good hand even if sometimes they fold, no point slow playing as most at this level are happy to check, check and check again.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : Even though it might not be going with 5% rule I really never see the point in sitting with less than 100bb's. It means I have to play a bit tighter and not take as many big risks but when I do get a big hand I'm guarenteed to get the maximum from it. If you just sit down with say 50bb's or less than a lot of time it's goin to be very hard to not get pot commited in a hand, even early as the flop/turn. For example atm i should be sitting down with £1.60 at a table this is just pointless as I would be just another short stack merchant hoping for lucky double up. Big advice for the 4NL level is just raise with good hands, but enough so you isolate players and don't price in limpers and also bet big when you hit a good hand even if sometimes they fold, no point slow playing as most at this level are happy to check, check and check again.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    thanks again
    I'll do that next time
    Decided to have a change of pace as cash was just "bad" and do some DYMs
    Cashed 3 on the trot! Yippeeeeeeeee.
    Stopping now while I'm ahead!
  • edited May 2010
    OK- five days since my last post and despite EIGHT sessions of cash poker- I'm still on £110- up £10 on my starting bankroll.

I suppose the best way to look at it is, that at least I haven't LOST any money.

Anyway, I'm playing right now on the site and will be until midnight- currently on Table Kishinev 15p/30p- yes, yes I know it's beyond my bankroll, but it was the only TV table available to sit down at and the channel needs hands of mine to show on this programme they're recording tomorrow following my bankroll challenge!

No pressure then!

Btw- Keep it up everyone- it's been a great month for boosting bankrolls (ahem, for most people) and there's still the best part of a week to go!)
  • edited May 2010
    Hello....................

Am EXTREMELY late starting for a variety of reasons, however I put £100 in this morning and my current balance is £250.98

a healthy start, although I have been on here 14 hours, is that even over minimum wage lol,

good luck all

Chris
  • edited May 2010

Went down to £16 last night but back up to £19.20 now after a good session.  I'm gonna be playing the £1.15 table in no time.  Can't wait for 15% rake.

• edited May 2010

i seem to have got my tourney form back cashed 5th in £75 gtd ( £6-48 ) & 2nd in £2-30 buy-in BH ( £23-00 ) both big fields  played 3 hours cash the bit that i won paid for sats

so my Bankroll stands at £247-12 
  • edited May 2010
    Hello.................... Am EXTREMELY late starting for a variety of reasons, however I put £100 in this morning and my current balance is £250.98 a healthy start, although I have been on here 14 hours, is that even over minimum wage lol, good luck all Chris
    Posted by SHANXTA
    played a few dym's 2 round the evenin off n won anova £21

balance now

£271.98
  • edited May 2010
    Went down to £16 last night but back up to £19.20 now after a good session.  I'm gonna be playing the £1.15 table in no time.  Can't wait for 15% rake.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    neva thought i'd hear anybody say that!
  • edited May 2010
    After a great start to the month, I then found time for playing scarce due to my son having appendicitis and a lot of time caring for him.  When I was able to play, I was having one of those months where nothing goes right and the profit was leaking away.  With my son now well on the road to recovery and the poker gods smiling on me a little, I have ground back the profit and now sit on:

START : £500

CURRENT: £1360

PROFIT: £860
  • edited May 2010

Played well last night, got the dreaded KK v AA pre flop on 6 max cash a couple of times, which really nocked the profit back.

After a week of experimenting with 'ranges' Ive gon back to just putting people on a hand, and making decisions from what I think he actually has, rather than what he could have.....

£1,065 + £132.62 = £1.197.62

Im not sure how many days r in this month, or even what month it is ! - but...I have at least the 27th, and the 29th to catch Jaegerbomb, (cheating abit as he's only had half a month). As far as I'm aware, the other £100 starters haven't posted a figure anywhere near him, so this 1.5k is my target.

Gl all, enjoying the updates.

DOHH

(1270)
  • edited May 2010
    Played well last night, got the dreaded KK v AA pre flop on 6 max cash a couple of times, which really nocked the profit back. After a week of experimenting with 'ranges' Ive gon back to just putting people on a hand, and making decisions from what I think he actually has, rather than what he could have..... £1,065 + £132.62 = £1.197.62 Im not sure how many days r in this month, or even what month it is ! - but...I have at least the 27th, and the 29th to catch Jaegerbomb, (cheating abit as he's only had half a month). As far as I'm aware, the other £100 starters haven't posted a figure anywhere near him, so this 1.5k is my target. Gl all, enjoying the updates. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    err, dnt hold me 2it but im pretty certain its may, so u get a 31st aswell!
  • edited May 2010
    Last few days everything seems to be just going good, can feel a bad spell coming soon....

BR Start = £17.09

BR Now = £35.17

So I have doubled my opening roll but that's still only 8.8 BI's which is far from safe. Hopefully the good run continues.
  • edited May 2010
    Lol back on course, well completed but not finished the month yet!

Yesterday had £24. something played £5.50 £900 gtd, came first so got £262. something including stake

So now bankroll is £282.88, so gotta hang onto £32.88 for a week lol should be fun
  • edited May 2010
    essentially this month has been be winning £1k playing slightly higher stakes then spewing it off playing ridiculously bad.
    BR went something like 800 - /> 1800 -> 500 ->1900 ->900 and now its at £2,021.
    with 5 days left to play will be happy with anywhere in the region of £2.5 - £3k
  • edited May 2010
    i,ve been having such a hard time of late i said to mesel i was,nt gonna post on here untill i had a winning day
    i cashed in a tournament so i,ve had a winning day me BR stands at £226 so thats £94 down,i wont say how much i was down to, so im happy with todays outcome phew....
  • edited May 2010

OPENING BALANCE = £24.65

CLOSING BALANCE = £0.00 (ZILCH...ZERO....NOWT....NOT A SAUSAGE!!!)

FINAL NAIL IN MY BANKROLL CHALLENGE CAME WHEN MY AA WAS BEAT BY KK IN TK sleepstack tonight, gg.

I started the month well, played ok I think but the downswing in the last week or so has been BRUTAL!!!!

I hereby officially end my MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE!!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO THE SMALLER BANK ROLL CHALLENGERS ON HERE......THE REST OF THE HIGH ROLLERS CAN AFFORD TO LOSE!!!!  LOL.

AND CHEERS FOR MR ORFORD FOR ALL HIS SUPPORT IN THIS.
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE : neva thought i'd hear anybody say that!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Lol yeah, and with only a quantum of sarcasm.
  • edited May 2010
    I have broken the £20 barrier today.  £20.20 BABYYYY!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Added another £49 to the roll today, so it now stands at 

£320 n change

running out of time now...
  • edited May 2010
    started with £10 balance at £94.37 so far may still lose the lot yet hurry up end of the month
  • edited May 2010
    Start £200.

Current - £2,130.

Target - £2,000.

As long as I don't lose in the next few days I'll be fine.

Losing a bit of motivation to play now though
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE :   start 50  up 106  br stands @ 156  played toddler cash tonight won a buy in and a bit  had bit of luck in forum s&g  so redirected br up tonight  !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

start 50

up 125

br stands @ 175 

good run in forum s&g .

bad run / good run / bad run / good run/ good run in cash lol !

patience / grinding & dealing with bad runs key !

• edited May 2010
    right ive been on a little  break i was playing so bad!!! had 2...... i think i said hu games only (think i was drinking lol) ive  played 4 so far all @5.25 won 3 lost 1....... wish i said a money 1 tho had a big cash in 8 oclock torn yesterday..... some impessive br there tho wd all
  • edited May 2010
    1 more £5 hu win!!!
  • edited May 2010
    1 more win
    5 wins 1 loss
  • edited May 2010

BR stands at £246 so thats £74 down