You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

Comments

• edited May 2010
    SAT, 17TH IN 8PM 45.00 + 49.70 on cash so in all b roll is now 192.87 from 15.00
  • edited May 2010
    Managed a cash in 26th for £35 in the Open so that adds another £24 making £34 profit so far. Not too bad as I was down from £100 to £12 at one point. BR £134
  • edited May 2010

good stuff elsa

• edited May 2010
    not posted for a couple of days BR now at £257 that makes  me £63 down at the mo .....nite nite
  • edited May 2010
    Moving house next week so trying to put in as many hours as possible so i can get to 24k points. Its had some negative effects like having a big losing day recently cos was playing when really tired, pulled it back a bit last couple of days though. Bankroll is now £8357. 
  • edited May 2010
    Progress has slowed compared to recent weeks but I'm now at £206!!

Probably would be nearer to £220 had I not had a dabble on the £5 DYM Omaha tables. I really like the version of poker but struggle to adjust my usual tight and ev+  based Hold em style due to the cards in your opponents hand changing, due to a fsvourable turn or river.  
  • edited May 2010
    Super Mega Ultra Kung Fu tilt has just cost me £360 in half an hour, but a winning night is a winning night

£999.97 + 160.43 = £1,160.40

ahhhhhh what cudda been! its too easy tho ill get em tomorrow!
  • edited May 2010
    just waiting for things to go wrong lol but still going up atm.

Starting bankroll £30

Last updated bankroll £95

Current bankroll £121

So far quadrupled my starting roll would like to make it to £200 but might run out of time as i only play one table at a time. not got the hang of multi tabling yet lol
  • edited May 2010
    Not playing anymore tonight struggling to see straight :)

Totally buzzing after watching the cricket, but anymore poker would be sooooooo bad !!!

Start balance £500
    End Balance £1422

I so want a game but know its a bad idea....f*ck it one more beer and a few more games

Lets av it !!!!!!!!!

**reminder of BR b4 the inevitable happens
  • edited May 2010
    well its the 16th and im up to  £73.64 all going well so far thats 700% up so far but may all change before end of month wish me luck
  • edited May 2010
    Lastest Update

Starting balance £52
    Current balance £223
    Net effect      + £171

Not bad at all, as it's all come from either DYM SnG's at £5 or MTT upto a £5 entry.
  • edited May 2010
    Latest update, o where 2 start. Its been a difficult last few days been playing some shocking poker and br is going the wrong way fast

The high point was br at over £600 profit, but now its a little less. So its time to have a look and see where im going wrong.

starting br   £ 100

br now        £ 361

so plus £ 261 but should of been lot better

gl all with your challenges
  • edited May 2010
    Quick update before beddybyes.

Running and playing well at PLO today, plus decent NLHE cash and DYMs have absorbed the buy-ins and lack of cash from The Dan & The Primo as well as kicking on my BR.

Current Bankroll £1398.67, an increase of 898.67.

A ton and change short of my target, squeaky bottom time.

Good luck at the felt everyone :)
  • edited May 2010

UPDATE ON BR Challenge for me

Opening Balance = £100.97

Played an assortment of different games over the last few days.
    Just cashed in a B/H which helped me round the week end of on a positive note and also finished 2nd in an Omaha MTT recently! (WOW). Also enjoying the forum SnG's that run late at night and had a couple of cashes in them.
    My only discipline which is still letting me down is CASH!! (I think I need some tutoring of DOH or Ozzie!!!)
    Anyway,

Closing Balance =
    £101.66 !!
  • edited May 2010

Well my current BR is £200.47 which is ok but could be better as i was on near 300 but got greedy and went on a £50 dym and lost with a bad bluff then went on the tilt and managed to donk another £50 off in the next hour but hopefully going to pull it back round this week

STARTING BR =£50

CURRENT BR = £200.47

PROFIT = £150.47

• edited May 2010
    Hi

Well, the downhill trend continues, BR £44.30 sigh
  • edited May 2010
    Woke up this morning with 5p in my account. Decided to see what (if) I could spin it up to by the end of the month.

Started on the low stakes blackjack to try and get it to 30p. Did that so played a 30p SnG and won it. Then played a few (very) low stake DYMs.

Current Bankroll is £6.64.
    So far that is a 13280% ROI from my original 5p!!

Woohoo, move over Mr. Ivey there's a new King in town!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Okay, end of day one....

Starting Stack: £0.05

End Stack: £15.84

Profit: £15.79

R.O.I: 31680%

If I do the same tomorrow, I'll have £5018.11!!!!

Here's hoping ;o)

• edited May 2010
    off bed now BR stands at £229 so thats £91 down... nite nite
  • edited May 2010
    Well after a great run I got my bottom well and truly smacked tonight.  Lost the best part of £200 in Omaha cash and tournies.  Don't think I did too much wrong, just ran really bad.  That's life though, can't complain as the last couple of weeks variance has been my friend, but today variance realised I owed him money.

Current BR £1239.97

We fight again on the morrow.
  • edited May 2010

Ohh Dear, can Iblame my premature failure on the site outage? hmmm

Always in the bak of my mind that it wasnt gonna go all night....Rand 2nd nuts into the nuts, held by DYLAN, whos all of a sudden runnin well. Cnt argue with that guy gettin abit of luck, he's well overdue.

Anyway £1,160.40 - 17.16 = £1,143.34

Starting BR of 100.......not sure how the other £100 guys r getting on, but ive contributed to an oppos fund bigtime tonight!!! aghhhhh

GL all, DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    Hi

Bankroll £44.30, plus £68.05 took down the 9.15 Omaha MTT, new total £106.35, my first ever visit to the treble digits with my BR, well pleased :)
  • edited May 2010
    Nice Work Barry!!!

After coming 3rd in a S&G I am still 46p down... How am I 46p down? 
  • edited May 2010
    Baz - Im well chuffed for you m8 - keep it going :)

LML - sounds about right having your BR down ;) he he
  • edited May 2010
    Ok- haven't updated for a few days so here goes.

Captain's log- Stardate May 18th-
    First bankroll challenge-OVER!.....obviously.

Yes, it was kind of inevitable, but fun while it lasted.
    Ultimately though my mini-comeback from £2.15 all the way up to the heady heights of £16 had to go wrong somewhere and lo and behold it went wrong after I took a bad beat, dropped down to 7 quid, and then moved UP a level to 4p/8p to recoup the losses as quickly as possible,

Seriously, WHEN am I going to learn this rather important bankroll management lesson? Don 't move UP when you're BR is going DOWN? *sigh*

Anyway, on to the good news.

I immediately felt the need to prove my poker credentials, and, as Dohhhhh is my witness, I took the remaining £79 I had in my Sky Poker account and span it up within an hour into  £199. So, yes, overall I was up on the month.

Weird game. Spend a year building up £100 through cashing in little MTTs, then blow it all in 2 days, then recover it all (and even make a little extra on the side) in 60 minutes flat. Whatever next?

Well, I've begun a second bankroll challenge now- same rules, £100 into £200.
    And so far, so good, two sessions in and I'm on £116.98

Woohoo!

I'm not counting my chickens yet though. Mainly because my chickens are liable at any moment to commit poker hari-kari when the going gets tough.

I'm in profit overall for the month but BR challenge-wise I still consider myself to be £83.02 down. And so that's what I'm going to try and make in the next 13 days.

Great to see so many of you using this challenge to make profits and hope you're all enjoying it. I certainly am!

I'm playing on the tables tonight from 7pm till midnight under the alias 'ricorford'- come and say hello and feel free to donate some chips to my challenge. I can assure you it's a very worthy cause!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S MAY BANKROLL CHALLENGE- POST YOUR UPDATES HERE:
    Nice Work Barry!!! After coming 3rd in a S&G I am still 46p down... How am I 46p down? 
    Posted by LML
    To quote your good self LM, when I informed you that my BR challenge was going badly..."HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

That is all.

x
  • edited May 2010
    My bankroll is going up and down like a fiddler's elbow!!!
  • edited May 2010
    maanging to increase slightly to £38.55
    my br is going up and down like a yo-yo.
    not being helped by my raises been called by people with 2 6 who gets 2 pair on turn and river after I bet out,pre and post flop and get reraised by another and this guy keeps callin! did my buy in on that (I had pair of q's).
    Usually I'd like to have that sort on my table, but it is happening too often now.
    Unfortunately as I am on the 2p/4p tables I've got to expect it.
    I'd love to go up a level or 2 but can't afford it (yet). Might be less of a lottery.
    Anyway, at least I've increased the br since the start!
    Sorry Richard!

Continued good luck to all in the challenge.

David
  • edited May 2010

been doing ok on cash not so good on tourneys BR at present is £152-61
  • edited May 2010

Stopped playing as much after reaching my target, scared I will lose it all!

Initial Bankroll £50
    Current Bankroll £106.14
    Profit: £56.14

Put a fiver into the Omaha tourney last night and got owned by Solack, silly boy. Really want to play it tonight...