You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE NEW POKER LEAGUE......

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

It will no doubt stir the forum up but it is worth a read if anyone cares to see the 'new' changes......

Enjoy :)

Go on....you will want to have a look.....click on poker league in the 'more' tab above...

Let the comments begin......

Comments

• edited October 2010
    please dont any body tell me this site is random it is just not true 

and it aint bad beats ....its the same as every other site going ....it will give winning hands to big pots ..full stop...fecking random my r ssss.........i got KQ OFF SUIT  my oppo has got KJ OFF SUIT   ok here is flop 5c 9h Qd   ok i am all in top pair with k KICKCER  there are only 2 cards in the pack that can help him win the hand .............. now bearing in mind i am short stacked and he has big stack .....................yes u guessed ...river J  turn J .....WELL WELL FECKING WELL ... surprise surprise ...this aint just bad luck .. i have just got to final table of 769 players ... THESE ARE NOT TRUE CARDS THEY JUST MAKE THE GAMES GO QUICKER ..............any pros out there tell me i played my hand bad and i wont believe you .......fecking fixed full stop 
  • edited October 2010
    I noticed this earlier,

tbh i don't think it's really gonna affect me, althou obv im awaiting 'the big announcement'

But think of the rake Sky have cost themselves now you wont get people playin hundreds of russian roulettes every month just to finish top of the STT league!
  • edited October 2010
    Interesting reading!!

Team Sky? What do you get if you become a member of team Sky?

Exciting developments indeed!!
  • edited October 2010

I cant read it, does this mean the £220 tourny is now once every 3 months?

Ahhhhhhh

Im sure someone can say wats changed in 1/2 sentances in understandable human talk?
  • ckdckd
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE......:
    I noticed this earlier, tbh i don't think it's really gonna affect me, althou obv im awaiting 'the big announcement' But think of the rake Sky have cost themselves now you wont get people playin hundreds of russian roulettes every month just to finish top of the STT league!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    shanx what do you mean by people wont play hundreds of rr now ?

has something changed?
    i just took a look at the rr game its same price same points or is this going to change

god i hope it has

let me know cheers
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : shanx what do you mean by people wont play hundreds of rr now ? has something changed? i just took a look at the rr game its same price same points or is this going to change god i hope it has  let me know cheers
    Posted by ckd
    yeah there's no prizes for the top 10 finishers
  • ckdckd
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : yeah there's no prizes for the top 10 finishers
    Posted by SHANXTA
    cheers i missed that 1  thanks for letting me know

wait to see on the 8th now then
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    I never win enough points to get into these things anyway so it probably doesn't affect me :(
  • edited October 2010
    looking forward to this, i wonder what being a member of team sky is? loads of free mtt entry? free moneys maybe? or a new aviatar?
  • ckdckd
    edited October 2010
    looking forward to this, i wonder what being a member of team sky is? loads of free mtt entry? free moneys maybe? or a new aviatar?
    Posted by freechips1
    well i think it will be like team full tilt and team pokerstars

free entrys into all major events free travel free accom free bankroll

well done sky im in
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    confused.com

where does it say what happens if you get into team sky?

and why hasn't this been promoted?
  • edited October 2010

we dont find out till the 8th this month

• edited October 2010
    I've never opted into the league cos basically I only play MTTs and would never earn enough points compared to cash game players.
    Is it top MTT players, top STT players and top cash players or is it simply all rolled into one and the top overall point scores to count.
    Also do DYMs count as STTs pointswise cos this is not really poker. ( I'll wait for the backlash on this comment, lol )
    Enlightenment please someone.

Thanks in anticipation.

QM
  • edited October 2010
    I've never opted into the league cos basically I only play MTTs and would never earn enough points compared to cash game players. Is it top MTT players, top STT players and top cash players or is it simply all rolled into one and the top overall point scores to count. Also do DYMs count as STTs pointswise cos this is not really poker. ( I'll wait for the backlash on this comment, lol ) Enlightenment please someone. Thanks in anticipation. QM
    Posted by Quietman
    you don't need to opt in

there have been 3 seperate leagues for a while now, cash, stt & mtt, haven't you ever checked to see if you finished in the top 150?

and yes, dyms count towards stt points, im not gonna argue your point, but just merely point out that russian roulettes count 2
  • edited October 2010
    I've never opted into the league cos basically I only play MTTs and would never earn enough points compared to cash game players. Is it top MTT players, top STT players and top cash players or is it simply all rolled into one and the top overall point scores to count. Also do DYMs count as STTs pointswise cos this is not really poker. ( I'll wait for the backlash on this comment, lol ) Enlightenment please someone. Thanks in anticipation. QM
    Posted by Quietman
    + 1 Million :)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : + 1 Million :)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    so how are DYMs 'not poker'?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : so how are DYMs 'not poker'?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    i tend to agree with dudeskin poker is about the winner the number one who wins the most

dym one double up sit out you win the same as the person who finishes first

bit strange
  • edited October 2010

Everything apart from cash (specifically 30/40nl) aint poker!

Anything lower is bingo, anyone higher is just rich people showing off ;)
  • edited October 2010
    i think this is very poor of sky poker no promotion at all just wait to the 8th oct and you dont see any person from sky on here saying anything its like they have just plucked this from thin air and need to wait till 8th of oct to decide what to do very poor information come on sky get on here and give us some answears
  • edited October 2010
    i think this is very poor of sky poker no promotion at all just wait to the 8th oct and you dont see any person from sky on here saying anything its like they have just plucked this from thin air and need to wait till 8th of oct to decide what to do very poor information come on sky get on here and give us some answears
    Posted by CHILLIE
    you should know this is pretty standard by now, when the league freeroll was changed from cash to seats, it took days and days for someone to even bother to comment, eventually Tikay came on to answer as much as he could, but even after that it took ages. when they changed the cash for points payment timescale from 2 days to 5 days there was no warning whatsoever, why change things now....
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    I like change
    Posted by SoLack
    I prefer notes
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : you don't need to opt in there have been 3 seperate leagues for a while now, cash, stt & mtt, haven't you ever checked to see if you finished in the top 150? and yes, dyms count towards stt points, im not gonna argue your point, but just merely point out that russian roulettes count 2
    Posted by SHANXTA
    sorry my bad,

I should have started ' I have always opted out.....'
    but thanks for the info Shanx
    QM
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : you should know this is pretty standard by now, when the league freeroll was changed from cash to seats, it took days and days for someone to even bother to comment, eventually Tikay came on to answer as much as he could, but even after that it took ages. when they changed the cash for points payment timescale from 2 days to 5 days there was no warning whatsoever, why change things now....
    Posted by SHANXTA
    This reply to "CHILLIE" also.

I think - in fact, I'd go so far as to say I KNOW - that "can't be bothered to comment" is more than a little unfair, though not as wrong as Mr CHILLIE's "plucked out of thin air".

You will have to wait until October 8th to hear the full SP.

However, the concept has been 9 months in planning, & involved complex negotiations, planning, & weekly telecons since around February of this year. Some dates moved very late - completely outwith Sky-Poker's control, meaning the announcement has been delayed by a week or so. Because of the way the Calendar works, it HAD to start on October 1st, or be delayed a further 3 months. Parallel to that, a situation arose over which Sky Poker had no control, which meant that the planned announcement (it is NOT a single announcement, it contains a bunch of stuff) could not be made. All will become clear enough, soon enough.

Many of us will be involved in concluding everything tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, of this coming week, & it's going to be hard work, & hectic, but fun.

It's really quite extraordinary how genuinely well-intended & extremely complex situations can be twisted into "can't be bothered" & "plucked out of thin air". Both are 100% incorrect.

• edited October 2010

tikay

thank you for your post

i dont think meny agree that it was badley planned our anything like that

i like meny others are very excited about the whole concept that sky has come up with

i wait with baited breath till the 8th trying to make the top mtt players by december

thank you sky poker

• edited October 2010
      tikay   thank you for your post   i dont think meny agree that it was badley planned our anything like that   i like meny others are very excited about the whole concept that sky has come up with   i wait with baited breath till the 8th trying to make the top mtt players by december   thank you sky poker  
    Posted by sara36dd08
    That's good to hear, Mr Sara. It is, indeed, one of THE most exciting things that has so far happened at Sky Poker, & it has been a long time in gestation.

I'm sure most will agree that it was well worth waiting for.

We were all a bit crushed that we could not announce on Oct 1st, or even before, but that's just how it panned out, & was completely outwith our control.

It won't, of course, meet with universal approval, nothing ever would, but it's yet another step forward in Sky Poker's evolution, & for a Room less than 4 years old, it's doing staggeringly well, particularly compared at present to other Online Rooms, most of whom are now seeing traffic declines, whilst the traffic at Sky Poker continues to head north at a hearty rate.

• edited October 2010

Thank you for your comments Tikay.

You may of noticed that I may of started the thread but resisted in commenting until the full news was revealed. I thought someone in the know might just sweeten us with a few niblets of information, and you obliged.

Now, if only say tonight's Primo Presenter and or analyst could 'unintentionally' release some more information on the show later......:)

By the by, hope you and everyone who played at that charity poker event yesterday (including TRIP5) had a good day.

I have just sat into the Primo at my 1st attempt.....
  • edited October 2010
    Thank you for your comments Tikay. You may of noticed that I may of started the thread but resisted in commenting until the full news was revealed. I thought someone in the know might just sweeten us with a few niblets of information, and you obliged. Now, if only say tonight's Primo Presenter and or analyst could 'unintentionally' release some more information on the show later......:) By the by, hope you and everyone who played at that charity poker event yesterday (including TRIP5) had a good day. I have just sat into the Primo at my 1st attempt.....
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

No, it had not escaped my notice that you had started the thread. I'd have been surprised if it had been anyone else, tbh.

Good Luck in Primo tonight, I'd love to commentate on a good run by you.

Yes, yesterday went well. Low in numbers, high in quality, & a few bob was raised.

PS - Have you ever seen a Learner-Driver who you just KNOW, no matter how many lessons they have, will NEVER be able to drive even semi-competently? I was struck by the notion yesterday, when watching the delightful Irene trying to get to grips with Hi-Lo Omaha. She is to Hi-LO Omaha, what Orford is to Poker. If in doubt, re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying.

Case-Basket.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : Hi Alan, No, it had not escaped my notice that you had started the thread. I'd have been surprised if it had been anyone else, tbh. Good Luck in Primo tonight, I'd love to commentate on a good run by you. Yes, yesterday went well. Low in numbers, high in quality, & a few bob was raised. PS - Have you ever seen a Learner-Driver who you just KNOW, no matter how many lessons they have, will NEVER be able to drive even semi-competently? I was struck by the notion yesterday, when watching the delightful Irene trying to get to grips with Hi-Lo Omaha. She is to Hi-LO Omaha, what Orford is to Poker. If in doubt, re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying. Case-Basket.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That is me, i have had over 80 driving lessons in four towns, four instructors over many years, and failed 2 driving tests. Spent well over 1k trying.

Driving is not for me i will stick to the poker...:)