You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE NEW POKER LEAGUE......

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE......:
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : That is me, i have had over 80 driving lessons in four towns, four instructors over many years, and failed 2 driving tests. Spent well over 1k trying. Driving is not for me i will stick to the poker...:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    is poker for you tho :p

btw go automatic.  i passed in a manual but have had a triptronic car for the past 3 years they are great!  2 of my friends converted to automatics after 20 mins of driving my car!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : That is me, i have had over 80 driving lessons in four towns, four instructors over many years, and failed 2 driving tests. Spent well over 1k trying. Driving is not for me i will stick to the poker...:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes, but at least Irene can do one of the 2.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : Yes, but at least Irene can do one of the 2.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i was asking for that hehe
  • edited October 2010

Is there gonna be a league freeroll thing on the 2nd sunday of this month with the top 10 making the £220 at the end of the month?

Thanx
  • edited October 2010
    gestation, should have been a pregnant pause there :)

• edited October 2010
    Is there gonna be a league freeroll thing on the 2nd sunday of this month with the top 10 making the £220 at the end of the month? Thanx
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi DOHHHHHHH

The league stars freeroll will take place as normal.

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • edited October 2010

Ahhh brilliant, cheerz mod. Hope I've qualified now!
  • edited October 2010

would it be accurate to think that those who complain that full info has not been published are probably the very ones who complain when all is published with no forewarning?

hmmmmm?

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : Hi Alan, No, it had not escaped my notice that you had started the thread. I'd have been surprised if it had been anyone else, tbh. Good Luck in Primo tonight, I'd love to commentate on a good run by you. Yes, yesterday went well. Low in numbers, high in quality, & a few bob was raised. PS - Have you ever seen a Learner-Driver who you just KNOW, no matter how many lessons they have, will NEVER be able to drive even semi-competently? I was struck by the notion yesterday, when watching the delightful Irene trying to get to grips with Hi-Lo Omaha. She is to Hi-LO Omaha, what Orford is to Poker. If in doubt, re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying. Case-Basket.
    Posted by Tikay10
    where is the report abuse button...slander alert...lol

sws fy dean mr lovely tikay sir....

and for the record...i ROCK at hi-lo mr call with 63o...i bet you a quid i come in the top half of the harto league...interested?

xx

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : Yes, but at least Irene can do one of the 2.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL - yep...and my driving's not bad either ;o)

xx
  • edited October 2010
    would it be accurate to think that those who complain that full info has not been published are probably the very ones who complain when all is published with no forewarning? hmmmmm?
    Posted by aussie09
    so players who pay hundreds / thousands in rake every month are not entitled to know what bonuses etc they are entitled to / playing for this month

thank you for your most helpful post
  • edited October 2010
    Hands up if you have ever used the word 'outwith' in everyday conversation (apart from Tikay).
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : This reply to "CHILLIE" also. I think - in fact, I'd go so far as to say I KNOW - that " can't be bothered to comment " is more than a little unfair, though not as wrong as Mr CHILLIE's " plucked out of thin air ". You will have to wait until October 8th to hear the full SP. However, the concept has been 9 months in planning, & involved complex negotiations, planning, & weekly telecons since around February of this year. Some dates moved very late - completely outwith Sky-Poker's control, meaning the announcement has been delayed by a week or so. Because of the way the Calendar works, it HAD to start on October 1st, or be delayed a further 3 months. Parallel to that, a situation arose over which Sky Poker had no control, which meant that the planned announcement (it is NOT a single announcement, it contains a bunch of stuff) could not be made. All will become clear enough, soon enough. Many of us will be involved in concluding everything tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, of this coming week, & it's going to be hard work, & hectic, but fun. It's really quite extraordinary how genuinely well-intended & extremely complex situations can be twisted into " can't be bothered " & " plucked out of thin air ". Both are 100% incorrect.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay first of all thanks for taking time to post,

In hindsight (a wonderful thing) my post was probably a little harsh.

However i do stand by my point that it is extremely frustrating when things are changed without any announcement, take the cash for points payment for example, no notification that it was changing, think of the avoidable calls / emails customer service had to put up with just because no correspondance was made to us
  • edited October 2010
    Hands up if you have ever used the word 'outwith' in everyday conversation (apart from Tikay).
    Posted by SoLack
    'Outwith' the old league, in with the new. :-D
  • edited October 2010

I was 'outwith' my missus last night

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE......:ok comments made by myself and others a bit unfair but 9 months in the making and sky could not give any details before now i know by working in the job i do u always give out some details of the promotions or change u are going to make standard procedure tk sky have been working on this for 9 months u say well i say they had 9 monthe to annouce something
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : This reply to "CHILLIE" also. I think - in fact, I'd go so far as to say I KNOW - that " can't be bothered to comment " is more than a little unfair, though not as wrong as Mr CHILLIE's " plucked out of thin air ". You will have to wait until October 8th to hear the full SP. However, the concept has been 9 months in planning, & involved complex negotiations, planning, & weekly telecons since around February of this year. Some dates moved very late - completely outwith Sky-Poker's control, meaning the announcement has been delayed by a week or so. Because of the way the Calendar works, it HAD to start on October 1st, or be delayed a further 3 months. Parallel to that, a situation arose over which Sky Poker had no control, which meant that the planned announcement (it is NOT a single announcement, it contains a bunch of stuff) could not be made. All will become clear enough, soon enough. Many of us will be involved in concluding everything tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, of this coming week, & it's going to be hard work, & hectic, but fun. It's really quite extraordinary how genuinely well-intended & extremely complex situations can be twisted into " can't be bothered " & " plucked out of thin air ". Both are 100% incorrect.    
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Freechips/All,

Yes today is the day, the announcement is planned around 6pm this evening

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited October 2010
    Hi Freechips/All, Yes today is the day, the announcement is planned around 6pm this evening Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Adam19
     OOOOOO busted using ur personal account ;-)
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks Charles, you don't miss much lol

Although that's not a personal account as such, just a backup live test account.

Only a few hours to go....

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited October 2010
    I can proudly announce the full details of Team Sky Poker!

All can be revealed here.......
  • edited October 2010
    Good luck guys (and girl)

Hope to get to join you soon :)
  • edited October 2010
    Good luck guys (and girl) Hope to get to join you soon :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    What he said :-)
  • edited October 2010
    not really much information on that then like what do u get for being part of sky poker team and has the money for finishing in the top10 of the league been deleted allthat waiting for a few lines of nothing
    Posted by CHILLIE
    That may well be dependent on who qualifies!

Looks like the money for finishing top 10 has been removed, i wonder how many russian roulettes will get played now!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: THE NEW POKER LEAGUE...... : What he said :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ditto ; ) xx
  • edited October 2010

I don't stand a chance of making the top 30 cash, anyone who plays below 100nl wud have to put some serious hours in to make top 30.......

But nvm, is the league free-roll with entries into the big monthly deep-stack gonna continue though? - And the whole team sky is just like an added bonus/incentive to do well in the league??

If so, nice work sky ! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Good news.

Two things I don't fully understand. 
    Firstly

Once on Team Sky Poker, we will have the ability to retain players within the team if we feel you've done a particularly good job. This will not impact the number of seats offered in the following month - three new players will be added each and every quarter.

Does tha
    t mean that time on Team Sky is time limited?  To a three month period?
  • edited October 2010
    Secondly

In the event of a tie in a Qualifying League position which would have stretched over 2 of the Bands detailed in the table above had there been a difference of a point between each of the tied Qualifying Players, then the chip stacks for relevant Bands will be combined and then divided between the number of tied Qualifying Players (N.B. this will be rounded up to the nearest whole number) Qualifying Players below the tied Qualifying Players will be pushed down into the Band below. Example: Three players tie for 3rd position. These players� chip stacks will be calculated as: (9000 + 9000 + 8000)/3 = 8,667. The next Qualifying Player will be in 6th position and receive 8000 chips.

What does that mean?

• edited October 2010

my guess is the higher you finish after 3 months depicts how meny chips you have for the tourny for the top 30 off each section

ie first recieves 10,000 chips

30th recieves 3,000 chips

might be that

• edited October 2010
    Good news. Two things I don't fully understand.  Firstly Once on Team Sky Poker, we will have the ability to retain players within the team if we feel you've done a particularly good job. This will not impact the number of seats offered in the following month - three new players will be added each and every quarter. Does tha t mean that time on Team Sky is time limited?  To a three month period?
    Posted by SoLack
    I would say yep, 3 months but if you do good they will extend it!
  • edited October 2010
    Yes - I think the table is missing