You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

humpty dumpty was pushed

Comments

• edited April 2011
      hiya humpity dumpers---finally i have a bit of time to update humpty fans on latest developments---as you know, i have been very busy working with the new addition to our team mr erno rubik (inventor of the rubik's cube)
      before i continue i would like to make it very clear that am in no way a racist, nor am i a nationalist
    The language barrier is a total nightmare!!-----erno spent hundreds of finnish currency markka dubrees trying to learn english---he is a genius for flops sake---so why (after three years of lessons) can he not understand one floppin sentence??!!-- these so called teachers should all be imprisoned for fraud!!!--THATS FLUPPIN WHY!!---They travel around the planet pretending to be able to teach someone the english language, and only teach them a few thousand completely un-connected words!!---then charge them a floppin fortune, when they hav'nt even learned enough of the language to buy a flappin train ticket!!--never mind hold a conversation with a technical team!

here's where the fun starts---for selfish and my own malicious reasons, we do not want humpty to be able to be fixed by any member of the union of kings horses and men---this meant we had to explain to rubik that we want a humpty that can be fixed by a small child, but not by a horse or a person wearing chain-mail gloves-----"vot iz zis, a chain-mail gloves" he said--quite a simple question---"zis iz glove for zee puttings of the hand yaa"?---"thats right" i said----"you are sending zis glove by a mail to a lots of friends yaaa?"-----"no rubik" i said----"this glove is made of chain-mail--its to stop people being stabbed in a fight"-----"if you are not sending zis glove zen you vill get a stabbed in a fight? zis is a very bad development"  he said---"zis vos not saying  in zee contract"
    "no rubik" i said ", this glove is not sent to anybody, it is made of a matierial called chain-mail--this matierial is made of small metal links that stop people getting stabbed by a knife or a sword"----"vie iz zis lot of fighting--zis iz a toy yaa---i not vanting zis fighting peoples-- i am vanting now to go home"---"look erno" i said, wait there, i will fetch the translator"---i came back 5 minutes later--he was flappin gone!!!
       we eventually found him at charring cross station trying to buy a ticket to heathrow airport!---luckily the guy in the office thought he was so funny, he kept him talking till he had missed the next train----the translator managed to calm him down---had to promise on her mothers life that no-one had a sword and there would be no fighting or men with a knife----jjjeeeezzzzzuuuusss

well--as if that wasnt mad enough--we did have a laugh though---a friend of mine in maintainence (jim)  heard about all the kerfuffle and decided to invite erno down to the pub for the evening---help to calm him down a bit ----"i am vanting to stay at zis room"  said erno--"cor blimey mate, you avin a larf?--we're all mates ere you know--come on mate, have a bit of fun" said jim---" i am mating viss my wife only" said erno---"you english and french peoples are not being zee same as vee in finland,
    you all do think mating is  fun time that you  do vizz everybodies--we in finland are thinking ziss is full of some shame and is zee wrong thing to having fun--you can mate viss all peoples, but for me am very happy  vizz wife only---i am vanting not a cor blimey and am vanting zat i stay  in zis room---well---jim just cracked up laughing---not his fault--anyone would---but erno thought jim was laughing at his high moral position ---he was so upset when he came to complain about him that he asked to be released from his contract and offered me 120 thousand pounds to let him go home!!??---he did see the funny side when the translator arrived----"aagghh-- a friend zat is my buddy, hahaha, i vos thinking he vants to be taking me to meeting a voman zat vill vant a pay to be have love time, hahaha----but vot zen iz it a cor blimey?"
      anyway-----mad day again--we will have some news soon---more tomorrow--bye for now ----humpers----lol

• edited October 2009
    I thought Erno is Hungarian. Just shows you how little I know.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm back from Barbados, the weather was lovely. Any enquiries regarding Humpties Inc. should be addressed to my accountants @ Floggit, Robbit and Scarper Ltd.

Just read in the paper that the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty has been changed to:

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
    All the King's Horses and all the King's men
    Made Humpty Dumpty happy again.

So you see the collapse of my unbreakable Humpty empire wasn't my fault, there's just no market any more. Mr Nutter will be smiling at this news, but not for long as the saga of the inflatable Miss Piggy is yet to break......watch this space for breaking news on a story that's bound to blow up.
  • edited October 2009
    Not that I'm admitting to anything.

But the egg was asking for it.

FACT.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: humpty dumpty was pushed:
    Not that I'm admitting to anything. But the egg was asking for it. FACT.
    Posted by LML
    I feel I should warn you, Sarah, that your comments have been passed to the Mutts Inc. Investigations dept. DCI Everard, who is investigating the Miss Piggy case has said he's up for this one too, and along with his assistant WPC Slack Alice, will be looking into this. Your comment 'the egg was asking for it' bears a remarkable similarity to Mr Oynutters comments when questioned about the Miss Piggy incident. If there is a connection here we will uncover it.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: humpty dumpty was pushed : I feel I should warn you, Sarah, that your comments have been passed to the Mutts Inc. Investigations dept. DCI Everard, who is investigating the Miss Piggy case has said he's up for this one too, and along with his assistant WPC Slack Alice, will be looking into this. Your comment 'the egg was asking for it' BEARS a remarkable similarity to Mr Oynutters comments when questioned about the Miss Piggy incident. If there is a connection here we will uncover it.
    Posted by elsadog
    JEEZ It was only a Yolk..er..Joke.. no blood or erm eggy alternative on my hands. Honest officer.
    As for MR OYNUTTER....I don't know him, I've never met him and  I've not seen him before in my life.. EVER.

...and as soon as he gives me my half of the loot I'm gonna scramble innit.

Oh.. and what's all this about BEARs? Has that HARLOT Goldilocks been shouting her mouth off again?
  • edited October 2009
    Under no circumstances can we divulge the sources of our information Sarah. Suffice to say, we have many members of the public willing to pass on information to us for a small remuneration. Goldilocks is an upstanding member of the Nursery Rhyme fraternity and despite widespread publicity to the contrary, the incident with the porridge was a simple misunderstanding. All rumours regarding bed-hopping are likewise untrue and wildly eggagerated. In Goldilocks own words ''The bed hopping thing was innocent, I was only trying to get my oats.''

However, Ovum eggstermination and Muppet manipulation are serious cases which require further investigation in the light of the new evidence in our possession.
  • edited October 2009
    Under no circumstances can we divulge the sources of our information Sarah. Suffice to say, we have many members of the public willing to pass on information to us for a small remuneration. Goldilocks is an upstanding member of the Nursery Rhyme fraternity and despite widespread publicity to the contrary, the incident with the porridge was a simple misunderstanding. All rumours regarding bed-hopping are likewise untrue and wildly eggagerated. In Goldilocks own words ''The bed hopping thing was innocent, I was only trying to get my oats.'' However, Ovum eggstermination and Muppet manipulation are serious cases which require further investigation in the light of the new evidence in our possession.
    Posted by elsadog
    Ummm..you know my name's not REALLY Sarah don't you..?

Just because some people get confused. and all this talk of Ovum and ..Hey did you know that fruit is a plants ovary's ..I have nothting to do with the Muppet by the way, Not goldilocks obviously,..she's not the smartest but certainly not a muppet. Does Goldilocks being part of the fraternity as opposed to a sorority mean she's really a man? The wig was always a pointer..as well as the five o'clock shadow... and the disturbingly husky voice.. Just took ner for a smoker.

Besides have you ever seen Miss Piggy and Goldilocks together in the same room?

I thought not.

And therein lies my point.

I thank you.

Sarah..I mean Lisa-Marie.

• edited October 2009
    We are well aware of your true identity Sarah. Tikay has reinforced our suspicions on many occasions.

Fraternity relating to males only is a college or university term meaning as you say a male membership or union. However the more common term fraternity refers to a group of people (male and/or female) joined by similar interests, backgrounds, aims, occupations etc. Therefore your vitriolic attack against poor Goldilocks is unfair. Could there be a tinge of jealousy creeping in Sarah? Green is not your best colour Sarah.
  • edited October 2009
    Nutter Oy
    Nutter Oy
    Nutter Oy
    Nutter Nutter Nutter Oy Oy Oy

Can't slip off the front page

Tim
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to humpty dumpty was pushed:
    this is my theory--humpty dumpty knew very well what the consequences of falling off a wall would be---he was a free range egg and therefore probably well experienced in the field---health and saftey regulations are extremely strict on egg producing premises and any wall that might be sat on by an egg would have been rigorously tested for its stability and a non-slip surface would undoubtedly have been fitted ---no egg in his right mind would have sat on that wall unless he knew for sure that the proper procedures had been followed to the letter and it was completely safe to do so----ask yourself this question---how many times have you heard the phrase " i could murder a boiled egg" ---what about a motive? i hear you ask---my theory is that whoever pushed humpty dumpty on that tragic day done so in the full knowledge that the chances of a broken egg being fixed by horses and knights in full armour was extemely slight, if not impossible---the motive behind this evil act was in fact just to see the kings horses and men trying to fix a broken egg---this would undoubtedly have been hilarious to witness---horses and men with chainmail gloves trying to fix an egg!!--hahahaha--i can almost hear the evil little laugh of this sadistic and callous killer --i expect he peed himself laughing!---so thats your motive!-- an evil little damien like child murdered this poor unsuspecting egg for the sheer fun of it--he knew that no vets, doctors or master-craftsmen were in the vicinity and this despicable act was perpetrated purely for its entertainment value------ there---now you know---disgusting isnt it?
    Posted by oynutter

Nice theory!

Made me feel like i was on an episode of the bill haha
  • edited November 2009
      This is an emergency post to move this thread back to its rightful place at the top.
     We apologise for the inconvenience
  • edited November 2009
    OY!! Nutter Where are You?
    Tim
  • edited November 2009
    If he couldn't get back down again, how did he get up?
  • edited March 2010

for all does that have not eggperienced this classic thread .

bump  ! ! !
  • edited March 2010
    hi there humpers,

I am sorry that I hav'nt found it inside myself to post here for so long.

The truth is I've had a really hard time since the humpty project bankrupted me. I thought the bank manager was also my friend, so I really got the hump when he dumped me.

How do you tell your friends, how do you hold your head up in the pub?

As you probably know, they tried to make me go to re-hab, but I managed to stay insane by calling on my friends in the forum here, so a big thanks is due to sky bernie and the technical team for keeping me from sanity, I am also very grateful to Irishrover and sky Rich for showing me that there is another way forward, and that mental stability is not the only way to live your life----thanks guys

Humpty dumpty was my whole life, I simply could'nt see anything else, it was like a massive wall.

It was in fact a song by Pink Floyd that helped me, amazing coincidence actually, because I only own one cd, its a compilation album from k-tel and its called " The best of music"---so a big thanks to Pink and the lads for helping me "tear down the wall".

Finally for now, another thank you must go to bennydip2 for showing me that having the hump can be fun, and to webby, for showing me that you only really have to please one of the people, one of the time, and it dosn't really matter if it's you.---cheers  lads!!!

OYNUTTER WILL BE BACK !!!
  • edited April 2011
    BUMP!

Anyone not read this before start at the beginning :o)
  • edited April 2011
    I totally agree with Ozzie....a legend...but don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. I just love this thread.....if only we could bottle laughter we could make a fortune....til then there is poker!!!! Childhood poetry......the cow that  jumped over the moon was probably table launched...lets just live in hope that it did not freeze on the way to the moon in the way our screens do, giving the techie's a further unsolvable problem. On this one I am absolutely sure now that both the dish and the spoon ran all the way home to oy's stew....this was all achieved without the use of sat nav or any other device..... Pamxx
    Posted by tiggerace7
    The cow jumped over the moon? I can't bellieve you fell for that story! There's more holes in it than in one of Tikay's string vests.

The cow probably thinks she's jumped over the moon, but if you spent as much time on grass as the cow has you'd probably think you could jump that far too.

The only witnesses appear to be a cat who was fiddling at the time, so can't be regarded as trustworthy, and a little dog who was laughing so hard he was probably on the same substances as the cow.

Until there's independant verification from Alderney this tale has to be treated as hearsay.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: humpty dumpty was pushed : The cow jumped over the moon? I can't bellieve you fell for that story! There's more holes in it than in one of Tikay's string vests. The cow probably thinks she's jumped over the moon, but if you spent as much time on grass as the cow has you'd probably think you could jump that far too. The only witnesses appear to be a cat who was piddling at the time, so can't be regarded as trustworthy, and a little dog who was laughing so hard he was probably on the same substances as the cow. Until there's independant verification from Alderney this tale has to be treated as hearsay.
    Posted by harding10

I was not. 

........ and the cat was not piddling it was fiddling.

• edited April 2011

has it really got so bad in here that the topic of conversation is a child s nursery rhyme...

Fact 1)Eggs cannot sit upright as they are oval in shape
    fact 2)why would the horses try and put him back together with no opposable thumbs?

• edited April 2011
    has it really got so bad in here that the topic of conversation is a child s nursery rhyme... Fact 1)Eggs cannot sit upright as they are oval in shape fact 2)why would the horses try and put him back together with no opposable thumbs?
    Posted by djblacke04

Fact1 - They can if they have got legs.
    Fact2 - It was the King's Horses AND the King's men - the men did all the thumby bits.

• edited April 2011

he could have been glued back together..
  • edited April 2011
    I've just read this thread for the 1st time.
    You guys should have your own show or be writing books!
  • edited April 2011
    I've just read this thread for the 1st time. You guys should have your own show or be writing books!
    Posted by a00rock

Just to update:

Mutts Unlimited have gone from strength to strength and we expect to float on the Footsie next year. Although the unbreakable Humpties hit some technical problems when falling foul of the EEC rules on recycling, the fleet of Lancaster Bombers has been a great success and Sir Richard Branson is now a major shareholder. We wanted to call the fleet Lancaster Virgins but apparently that falls foul of the trades description act and so they are now operated as a hire-a-bomber enterprise.

All rumours of my pending court case are completely spurious and my solicitors Robbitt, Floggitt and Scarper are confident I will be aquitted of all charges of egg abduction.

• edited April 2011
    Now look ere Elsadog, I know we have had our differences in the past, but I am willing to let gundogs be bygones.
    Before you start worrying about my motives, I shall declare them right now, it's quite simple really.

There is nothing on this whole planet I hate more than the U.K.H.M (Union of kings horses and men), they ruined me Elsadog, and one day they will pay!!---- Thing is, a friend of mine from the legal department of the (now bankrupt) Humpty Dumpty institute of technology actually had someone infiltrate the U.K.H.M and still has a bug planted in their boardroom. He has informed me that the union is aware of your intentions and are planning to threaten the Queen with strike action if something is not done to stop your venture.

As you are probably aware Elsadog, the Kennel club of Great Britain is patronised by her majesty, and they have some VERY BIG DOGS on their books. The U.K.H.M are planning to ask her majesty the Queen to give them temporary control of the kennel club, which they will then use against you and your doggie friends Elsadog.

As I am the only person you know with access to everything that is said in the boardroom of the U.K.H.M, I think it is a good idea for you to have me on your side Elsadog. I want no financial reward for forthcoming information Elsadog, and you have no worries about where my loyalty lies, I simply HATE the union of kings horses and men!!!

So, my canine friend, Thatcher did it to the miners, and together, we can do it to the kings horses and men!

If the union get control of the kennel club Elsadog, there could be a nationwide WAR between pedigree dogs and dogs like yourself, you may well win this war Elsadog, but the cost will be massive!

The only thing I ask of you and your doggie friends is that you are available to help me tear this union to pieces------ Are you in?
  • edited April 2011
    Errrr........

Im only a small dog and horses generally scare me. But I'm in!

(Thinks ........''must be some money to be made somewhere in this scam'').
  • edited April 2011
    Those pooofy dressage horses are the least of your worries Elsadog, I can assure you they are a bunch of prancing fairies-- Rottwielers and bull mastive terrorists are a different story!
  • edited April 2011
    ''gulp''
    Posted by elsadog
    OH Dear  Mop and Bucket time.?