You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY'

..well, kind of...

ok guys, time for another great competition courtesy of the fantastic little community we have here at Sky Poker.

what you have to do?

(on this thread) post your suggestions for the sky poker site, we will then be awarding prizes for the top 3 ideas!

We will also award spot prizes for funny suggestions that we'd like to do but are probably not able to (an attempt to inject some humour in this... Flutnush, where are you?)

having said that please make the ideas feasible... we don't really want anything like "give us a £100000 freeroll"

How long do you have?

we will keep this thread open for 3 weeks (Friday the 2nd October) - prizes will be awarded the following Monday.

Prizes!?

we will award prizes for the top 3 ideas (and do our best to make them happen)

1st - £50

2nd - £20

3rd - £10

spot prizes (tbc)

only suggestions on this thread will be entered to please shout up on here if you've already had a great idea and posted it somewhere else.

any questions just give me a shout.

good luck and happy posting!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    how about heads up tournaments.. not like the frantic ones before but ones with a decent structure ie 1500 chips 10 min blinds,with different buyins daily
  • edited September 2009
    ability to make the tables smaller, length width and horizontally, would be able to play more games at the same time then.
    also shootout tournaments. with a minimum of 30 players having to enter to start the game, on tables of 10 (3 players on each table if minimum is reached) then the winner of each table plays on the final table where the money is depending on numbers
  • edited September 2009
    own avatars within reason no pics of baby's or nakedness... or table chat when in mini view
  • edited September 2009
    build ur own 2d face avatar
  • edited September 2009
    how about a £1-50 bounty hunter satellite for the £15000 semi that starts around 18:00 so that those of us who work during the day still have a shot at getting in cheap seems unfair all the cheaper stellites are on during the day.

Just a thought - in fact why not check that all the satellites are spread evenly across the day.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    how about a £1-50 bounty hunter satellite for the £15000 semi that starts around 18:00 so that those of us who work during the day still have a shot at getting in cheap seems unfair all the cheaper stellites are on during the day. Just a thought - in fact why not check that all the satellites are spread evenly across the day.
    Posted by SPLIFFTER
    2cnd
  • edited September 2009
    Would be nice to have a feature to set up private tournaments so you could play a table with your mates etc. Quite a few other sites offer this so would be nice to see at Sky.
  • edited September 2009
    Spend a day or an afternoon with a poker pro in order to teach you.

You could run a competition or give away as part of the prize for winning the Open.

Eg My cash game needs work, Nick Wealthal or Trevor Harris could check out my Poker Office history and show where to improve.

One on one advice would really help my game and i'm sure it would be a popular prize. You could film it, or not? Pro could visit players house or player comes to the studio?

Ed

• edited September 2009
    how about a handicap tourney.
    £1 entry handicap based on past performance, starting chips 2000 handicapped down in increments of 10 to a min 500, blinds three mins.
    Should be a laugh
    col
  • edited September 2009
    how about getting rid of that daft half a chip non-sense--i saw a fellow today with 8.34 chips--some could easily misread this silly amount---do they have a man in live games with a fret saw cutting up chips like a loonie?----do they? ehh?----eh?----eh?----do they?------you avin a larf?-----------eh?
  • edited September 2009
    funny ones you want is it?---how about asking the technical team to hurry up with the download version?
  • edited September 2009
    how about one of those floppity doo dah yokes that counts and displays the amount of people that have viewed your thread or blog? very useful imo
  • edited September 2009
    keep them coming guys...

£50 at stake here after all!!
  • edited September 2009
    hi Rich
    Earlier this year there was a thread on ideas for the Club and i put forward a challenge, Sky players v Sky personnel.
    Now i want to expand that idea.
    How about a one of event, Sky players v Sky presenters v Sky analysts v Sky backroom v friends of sky.
    You have the likes TK, ED, MATT, TREVOR, for the analysts team.
    RICHARD, MICHELLE, DP, SEAN for the presenters.
    YOU, BLANDO,ANDY, LING for the backroom team.
    LIV, JAMES BROWNING, JOHN Tabbatabi,etc for the friends team.
    and 4 of us(me being one of them obviously).
    played on 2, 10 seater tables, with points for finishing positions(1 to 20), for a trophy and bragging rights.
    5000 chips, 30 min clock.
    Live would be better, as it could be filmed and shown as a special(poss xmas time).
    The teams would be open to change but they must fullfill the teams criteria. ie TK cant play for any other team than tha analysts, you can only play for the backroom team, you get the drift.
    What do you think m8
    col
  • edited September 2009
    hi Rich Earlier this year there was a thread on ideas for the Club and i put forward a challenge, Sky players v Sky personnel. Now i want to expand that idea. How about a one of event, Sky players v Sky presenters v Sky analysts v Sky backroom v friends of sky. You have the likes TK, ED, MATT, TREVOR, for the analysts team. RICHARD, MICHELLE, DP, SEAN for the presenters. YOU, BLANDO,ANDY, LING for the backroom team. LIV, JAMES BROWNING, JOHN Tabbatabi,etc for the friends team. and 4 of us(me being one of them obviously). played on 2, 10 seater tables, with points for finishing positions(1 to 20), for a trophy and bragging rights. 5000 chips, 30 min clock. Live would be better, as it could be filmed and shown as a special(poss xmas time). The teams would be open to change but they must fullfill the teams criteria. ie TK cant play for any other team than tha analysts, you can only play for the backroom team, you get the drift. What do you think m8 col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    this could be a charity event £50 a head.
    col
  • edited September 2009
    hi Rich
    What about a programme following a player through a tournament, not necessarily the winner, but showing some bad play as well.
    I have plenty of material for this, lol
    col
  • edited September 2009
    hi Rich Earlier this year there was a thread on ideas for the Club and i put forward a challenge, Sky players v Sky personnel. Now i want to expand that idea. How about a one of event, Sky players v Sky presenters v Sky analysts v Sky backroom v friends of sky. You have the likes TK, ED, MATT, TREVOR, for the analysts team. RICHARD, MICHELLE, DP, SEAN for the presenters. YOU, BLANDO,ANDY, LING for the backroom team. LIV, JAMES BROWNING, JOHN Tabbatabi,etc for the friends team. and 4 of us(me being one of them obviously). played on 2, 10 seater tables, with points for finishing positions(1 to 20), for a trophy and bragging rights. 5000 chips, 30 min clock. Live would be better, as it could be filmed and shown as a special(poss xmas time). The teams would be open to change but they must fullfill the teams criteria. ie TK cant play for any other team than tha analysts, you can only play for the backroom team, you get the drift. What do you think m8 col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Oooh, now I am liking this idea a lot, especially the point scoring system. I am also amazed I got a mention. Have you seen me play poker? Shocking, I tell you...
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY' : Oooh, now I am liking this idea a lot, especially the point scoring system. I am also amazed I got a mention. Have you seen me play poker? Shocking, I tell you...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Hi Dave
    Yeah but if we play against GOOD players how are we going to win lol
    col
    ps when are you playing on the site again.
  • edited September 2009
    This won't set the world alight but if we could maximise the table screen so it stretched the entire way...
  • edited September 2009
    Hi Rich,

Idea 1.

I was thinking a Sky Community Newsletter. Members of the Community could submit articles, either for pre-set topics/areas within the newsletter or random ones. We could have presenters/analysts also being the guest editors each month. The guest editor would then select the best articles to put into the newsletter and the Community via the forum can come up with suggestions for new topics etc within the newsletter. There could be jokes corner, pictures, prizes, coverage of tournaments etc etc

The newsletter would then be mailed out to our emails (could subscribe out of etc) and I really think this would be a great addition to the Community.

Another way would be to have a general Sky poker newsletter used by Sky for promotional reasons (much like the emails we get now) and within that would be the link/file to the Community Newsletter.

Idea 2

Sky Merchandise Tournaments - These could be either freeroll style or pay to enter ones. You will win for the top placings a range of merchandise. Details would be sorted by sky, but something like a poker set/hoodie for 1st down to mousepads/pens for say the last places.

Anyway that's my attempt!

Oh and a spot prize go: When you final table in any tournament, the graphics should change to that of a final table background. Other sites do this and when I have final tabled it is cool!

Thanks Rich,

Dave

• edited September 2009
    + chat room pre tourney for players to chat in

+ Money exchange feature, so you can lend your mate's money via the site. This is common on other sites.

+ Forum gradings for people. So you post 1k + you get a certain status, etc etc down to entry level members. I.e Platinum down to bronze. Maybe then you could use these rankings for Specific tournaments. E.g. Platinum Member MTT (whether they are freerolls or pay to enter wouldnt matter - principle would be they would be exclusive to the grading of the Community Members and Sky would put some bonus prizes into the mix, the higher the grading the better the prizes). The beauty of this idea is that I think it would encourage more people to post on the Forum. how you wuld get the invites sent out? hmmmm PM system so you have members in each categorys mailing list, password protected tourneys. You could then also go one step further and have the different member levels having private areas within the forum etc etc... Forum membership levels gives quite a lot of room for futher ideas I think.

Dave
  • edited September 2009
    1. inter account transfer facility

2. Downloadable client

3. auto top up facility for cash games.

4. chat on miniview

5. A cattle prodd to wake up the technical team
  • edited September 2009
    HOW ABOUT A TORN ON LINE FOR IRISH, THEN WELSH THEN SCOTTISH THEN ENGLISH.. TOP 20 FROM EACH HOME NATION TORN THEN PLAY A LIVE TORN TO DISCOVER THE NATIONAL CHAMPION..

BUY IN  FOR SKY TO ARRANGE AND VENUE BUT YOU CAN ONLY WIN YOUR SEAT TO FINAL NO BUY IN 4 THAT ALLOWED.

IM THINKING 25.00 SATELITE

TOP 20 OUT OF 100 SO 1 IN 5 GET NATIONAL FINAL SEAT

1ST COME 1ST SERVED
  • edited September 2009
    ALSO WHAT ABOUT MY FOOTBALL TORN THAT IVE EDITED TO SKY ANDY??

FINALLY HAVE A MALE AND FEMALE D/S TORN THE WINNER OF EACH TORN MEETS FOR A HEADS UP BATTLE , WHO WILL BE BETTER THE MAN OR THE WOMAN???
  • edited September 2009
    4 nations event? like the rugby?  Team game....?

Forum Deepstack results on TV? Not coverage, just the results?

Sky to sort the league out from the Forum D/Stacks to save Flash doing it all the time?
  • edited September 2009
    I think we could do with some ladder games.  E.g the ones available on other sites but not here (that I've seen anyway!)

Rung 1 - £1 + £0.10 buy-in, 1st gets rung 2 entry, 2-4 get rung 1 entry. (10 max sit n go)
    Rung 2 - £7 + £0.70 buy-in, 1st gets rung 3 entry, 2-3 get rung 2 entry, 5th gets rung 1 entry (10 max sit n go)
    Rung 3 - £55 +£5.50 buy-in, 1st gets rung 4 entry, 2-3 get rung 3 entry, 5th gets rung 2 entry (10 max sit n go)
    Rung 4 - £430 + £43 buy-in, 1st gets £1935, 2nd gets £1419, 3rd gets £946 (10 max sit n go)

Could also do the same with 6 max tables I guess but only offer winnder each time a ticket to next level and 2nd place a retry, e.g

Rung 1 - £1 + £0.10 buy-in, 1st gets rung 2 entry, 2nd gets rung 1 entry (6 max sit n go)
    Rung 2 - £5 + £0.50 buy-in, 1st gets rung 3 entry, 2nd gets rung 2 entry (6 max sit n go)
    Rung 3 - £25 + £2.50 buy-in, 1st gets rung 4 entry, 2nd gets rung 3 entry
    Rung 4 - £125 + £12.50 buy-in, 1st gets rung 5 entry, 2nd gets rung 4 entry
    Rung 5 - £625 + £62.50 buy in, 1st gets £2625, 2nd gets £1125.

Gives people a reasonable shot at turning a pound into a considerable amount of money!

• edited September 2009
    Oops got some of the figures slightly wrong as trying to play deepstack at same time, but you get the idea! (Hopefully).
  • edited September 2009
    How about a limit poker deepstack.  That should keep people busy for 2-3 days lol.
  • edited September 2009
    how about a calander of the lovely woman on skypoker.
  • edited September 2009
     How about some satellite's for the EPT  , or some of the events that "InPoker" cover..?

After all its  the Sky team covering these events but  Sky aren't  running any satellite's to get players into them ... To be honest I'm not that  interested  in InPoker  the presenters  are talking about players from other British  onlinepoker sites but I would be interested  if say, the commentators were saying , our own Gregghog or Dazzler  or Flashflush or anyone who plays here at Sky....wheres the interest  in these shows when this site isn't interested  in getting players to these events 
    Come on Sky give your own loyal players a chance to get in these event !!
    Run some satellite's to play in a big satellite  to get some of your own players to the InPoker event or EPT ...

right I'll get off my soap box now, I don't usually have a moan but is anyone really interested  in what James or Rich and TK are saying, without giving Sky players a chance to be where  they are !  

benny