You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY'

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I would like to see a poker points exchange facility.  For instance I would like to exchange 1 point for 1 grain of sand as I  would like to make a beach in my back garden
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    I would like to see a poker points exchange facility.  For instance I would like to exchange 1 point for 1 grain of sand as I  would like to make a beach in my back garden
    Posted by OMahonyO
    lmao
  • edited September 2009
    bring back penguin , sky poker without the little fella is like watching a rerun of lassie on a saturday morning and theres no bleeding dog in it. I also think its  about time we had proof  { photo with dated news paper }     that hes not been abandoned in the wild somewhere with his injured leg .  Its a disgrace he hasnt been made a hounrable member of the skypoker community and doesnt present prizes and such. sky rich , please sort this out .
  • edited September 2009
    how about a "nutters only free-roll"---1 chip---no blinds----two choices --all in or fold
  • edited September 2009
    exchange points for sky poker merchandise
  • edited September 2009
     How about some satellite's for the EPT  , or some of the events that "InPoker" cover..?   After all its  the Sky team covering these events but  Sky aren't  running any satellite's to get players into them ... To be honest I'm not that  interested  in InPoker  the presenters  are talking about players from other British  onlinepoker sites but I would be interested  if say, the commentators were saying , our own Gregghog or Dazzler  or Flashflush or anyone who plays here at Sky....wheres the interest  in these shows when this site isn't interested  in getting players to these events  Come on Sky give your own loyal players a chance to get in these event !! Run some satellite's to play in a big satellite  to get some of your own players to the InPoker event or EPT ... right I'll get off my soap box now, I don't usually have a moan but is anyone really interested  in what James or Rich and TK are saying, without giving Sky players a chance to be where  they are !   benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    great idea,  very well said benny.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    ..well, kind of... ok guys, time for another great competition courtesy of the fantastic little community we have here at Sky Poker. what you have to do? (on this thread) post your suggestions for the sky poker site, we will then be awarding prizes for the top 3 ideas! We will also award spot prizes for funny suggestions that we'd like to do but are probably not able to ( an attempt to inject some humour in this ... Flutnush, where are you? ) having said that please make the ideas feasible... we don't really want anything like "give us a £100000 freeroll" How long do you have? we will keep this thread open for 3 weeks (Friday the 2nd October 5pm) - prizes will be awarded the following Monday. Prizes!? we will award prizes for the top 3 ideas (and do our best to make them happen) 1st - £50 2nd - £20 3rd - £10 spot prizes (tbc) only suggestions on this thread will be entered to please shout up on here if you've already had a great idea and posted it somewhere else. any questions just give me a shout. good luck and happy posting!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    well rich cheers for the gr8 offer to win some cash,
    well i think that sky poker is gr8 site every one does get mad at some point but people who hardly play get credited more then them who r losing loads and just getting on with it and still playign.
    i think that people who play more should be getting more prizes, for example free rolls every so often. free cash, free passwords for tournaments. hope u enjoy my thoughts cheers

roy4amy
  • edited September 2009
    hi rich--i would like to see the ten seater table used for tourneys that only have between 6 and 10 entrants--some of the tourneys (especially the deep stacks at night) only have around 7 entrants---which means you have to play on a table with only 3 players till someone gets knocked out---this ruins the game to some extent, because play is much more aggressive short-handed--would be loads better game if this idea is implemented and the whole tourney run on one table--honest
  • edited September 2009
    how about having a prize for the player with the best picture of a white 1977 toyota celica 1600 GT (genuine owners only)-lol
  • edited September 2009
    My suggestion would be satellites to big live events like the EPT-London and the WSOPE, with similar buyins and satellite structures as the WSOP satellites. 
  • edited September 2009
    hi rich--i would like to see the ten seater table used for tourneys that only have between 6 and 10 entrants--some of the tourneys (especially the deep stacks at night) only have around 7 entrants---which means you have to play on a table with only 3 players till someone gets knocked out---this ruins the game to some extent, because play is much more aggressive short-handed--would be loads better game if this idea is implemented and the whole tourney run on one table--honest
    Posted by oynutter
    yep , agree . it might be good practice playing with just 3/4 players on table but it does feel more like the end of a tourney and not the beginning. 100% behind this idea of having 10 seaters in deep stacks if there are between 7 and 10 entrants.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    ..well, kind of... ok guys, time for another great competition courtesy of the fantastic little community we have here at Sky Poker. what you have to do? (on this thread) post your suggestions for the sky poker site, we will then be awarding prizes for the top 3 ideas! We will also award spot prizes for funny suggestions that we'd like to do but are probably not able to ( an attempt to inject some humour in this ... Flutnush, where are you? ) having said that please make the ideas feasible... we don't really want anything like "give us a £100000 freeroll" How long do you have? we will keep this thread open for 3 weeks (Friday the 2nd October 5pm) - prizes will be awarded the following Monday. Prizes!? we will award prizes for the top 3 ideas (and do our best to make them happen) 1st - £50 2nd - £20 3rd - £10 spot prizes (tbc) only suggestions on this thread will be entered to please shout up on here if you've already had a great idea and posted it somewhere else. any questions just give me a shout. good luck and happy posting!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    I have over 8000 poker points and nothing decent to spend them on.
    I would not expect the reward system to be as good as PokerStars or Fulltilt but it should attempt to at least get near it.

The best and easiest idea is to be able to cash in points for tournament vouchers.

Eg 500 points for a £33 Primo ticket.

Entry into the £500 freeroll is currently the most expensive thing i can buy with my points where first prize is approx £50, this is far too low. 
    If you just setup a "Tournament tickets for points system" this would be a simpler and fairer way to reward player loyalty.

I love the site but my points are gathering dust.

Ed
  • edited September 2009
    How about non tournament specific satellites whereby instead of winning a seat into the open, 5-00 etc, you get a tournament ticket. They could rune on similar lines to normal sats so something like:

£2 + 40p buy in = £10+£1 tournament ticket
    £11+£1 buy in = £50+£5 tournament ticket

I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who don't want to/are not rolled to buy in direct to the bigger entry tournies & at least if you had entry tickets that can be used anytime then you can play the sats & play the main tourney when you know you've got time to do so without any disturbances.
  • edited September 2009

how about a league format.a tournament is played each day and points are given out based on finishing position.the top 10 players at end could go into a sit n' go with top 3 getting the cash.e.g  1st £1250 2nd £500 3rd £250.tournaments could vary each day.possibly a heads up tournament,6 seater,10 seater,deep stack and scary.

• edited September 2009
    A quick suggestion for the forums. 

Would it be possible to have the links that are at the top of each thread also put at the bottom to save having to scroll to the top to leave the thread?
  • edited September 2009
    Can we not have something on this forum whereby if you click on a thread it takes you to the last post you viewed instead of the beginning of the thread like it does now. All other forums have this feature.

most annoying.

And some emotions please.
  • edited September 2009
    How about a seperate chat box to the tournament info box, i like to have the chat box up but i also like to see my position/number of players left as well so u have to keep switching between the 2!
    Posted by walshysg10
    you can do both if you go to enable large chat window it attaches itself to the right of the screen then go to tounament info and click on that
  • edited September 2009
    Hi
    I've just come back on after 24hr cooling period, but i did try to take part in the forum and was not allowed.
    Can we have something that will allow us to have a break from betting but doesn't stop us from posting on the forum, as when i do want a cooling off period its is from the game not the community.

col
  • edited September 2009

i would like to see a two day torney maybe once a month as the featue game.. a two day primo... start at 9 pm on a thursday and play till midnight maybe 20 -30 min blinds... everyone left in by midnight could return 9pm on the friday and play to a finish...

not sure what youy guys think but sounds good to me

• edited September 2009
    How about a live 10 seat sit n go, to take place in the studio whilst the open or something is being showcased, or even a dedicated edit show of the game.
    Entry to the game comes from winning a £10 or £20 or £30 or £50, ten seat sit n go.
    Total fund of £1000 or £2000 or £3000 or £5000 to be divvied up between top three at the end of the show.
    Prize also to include a behind the scenes tour of studio, meet and greet etc.
    Cost to sky regarding prize fund is nothing.
  • edited September 2009
    How about a live 10 seat sit n go, to take place in the studio whilst the open or something is being showcased, or even a dedicated edit show of the game. Entry to the game comes from winning a £10 or £20 or £30 or £50, ten seat sit n go. Total fund of £1000 or £2000 or £3000 or £5000 to be divvied up between top three at the end of the show. Prize also to include a behind the scenes tour of studio, meet and greet etc. Cost to sky regarding prize fund is nothing.
    Posted by booboo69
    a ten seater £10 sng would raise a £100 prize fund not 1k, £20 = 200 not 2k etc etc
  • edited September 2009
    i would like to see a two day torney maybe once a month as the featue game.. a two day primo... start at 9 pm on a thursday and play till midnight maybe 20 -30 min blinds... everyone left in by midnight could return 9pm on the friday and play to a finish... not sure what youy guys think but sounds good to me
    Posted by daz231023
    sorry guys my typing is awfull... torney = tourney... featue = featured
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY' : a ten seater £10 sng would raise a £100 prize fund not 1k, £20 = 200 not 2k etc etc
    Posted by daz231023
    ten times ten sit n goes, to provide ten finalists at £10 a pop, WOULD provide £1000.
  • edited September 2009
    clock, how about expanding the types of poker played on the site such as omaha,seven and five card stud,may entice more new players to the site as well as more choice to exsisting players.
  • edited September 2009

Tourny Tickets available to purchase for Poker Points

I.E 1000pp = Open Entry To any £10 tournie Etc

• edited September 2009

i would like to see a two day torney maybe once a month as the featue game.. a two day primo... start at 9 pm on a thursday and play till midnight maybe 20 -30 min blinds... everyone left in by midnight could return 9pm on the friday and play to a finish...

not sure what youy guys think but sounds good to me

• edited September 2009

plus... somthing has definatley got to happen to the poker points we have all accumalted..

maybe

1 - have a sky merchandise shop where we can buy things with our points, wont mention the site but i only played on this certain site for weeks just so i could buy a tshirt lol

2 - maybe point = tourny tokens 1000 = £10 token etc etc

• edited September 2009
    lol daz why are you repeating your posts has derren brown told you if you put out subliminal messages your gonna get first prize lol

webby
  • edited September 2009
    I love the idea of a two day tournament like on other sites, maybe once a month or so.
  • edited September 2009
    A COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

ALL COUNTIES ENTER IE ESSEX LANCS ETC

ONE IN TEN WIN SEAT IN A LIVE TORN

10.00 SATELITE

UP TO 30 PLAYERS FROM EACH COUNTY

1ST COME 1ST SERVED