You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY'

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    Hi, Sky guys, Could your techies go to work on the idea of making webcams active on certain tables - for those skilled enough to keep a poker face when they're shoving all in with 9-2o? Seriously, it might be fun to see who you're playing...
    Posted by ANDYJKS

Totally agree - it would be amazing and fun
  • edited October 2009
    the only thing id like to see is resizeable tables, i always have to have it on 'mini-mode' on my netbook :-( and more things to use accrued poker points for, (tournament tickets, merchandise - hoodies, deck of cards, set of chips etc..)
  • edited October 2009
    how about av 4 nations tourney with top 6 or so from each home nation playing for a cash prize or some kind of trophy in a televised deepstack
  • edited October 2009
    How about a one off, possibly regular tournament of Greek hold em. the game is exactly like texas hold em except you have to use both hole cards to make your hand, for instance you need to have two suited to make a flush, and two connected cards to make a straight, i think it'd make an entertaining change to the usual format. Any thoughts?
  • edited October 2009

Reading this forum recently, it strikes me that Sky could make an immeasurably positive contribution to the entire community, merely by adding a simple new function, which I'm sure could be easily implement by anyone with a soldering iron; a brain cell; an O' Level in Physical Education; and a modicum of common sense. Are you ready?

My suggestion is, to fit some new buttons into the playing pane of the Poker Tables, labelled: “Auto-Abuse”

I'm pretty sure that there's a lot of angst-ridden Goths (or people who have listened to too many Girls Aloud records backwards), who appear to expend an unfeasible amount of time and energy in abusing other players, when their time would be better vested in learning to play Poker better.

So... People; Brothers; Sisters; we can help these mentally challenged individuals. I propose that we employ a small cluster of new buttons, just below the table graphic (next to the betting sliders), simply labelled from A to F ('F' being the most serious abuse). Here's the key to those insults...

If you feel aggrieved, wronged, cheated (or drunk), when playing, then you'd simply hit the following buttons, to automatically populate the chat-box with fetid invective:

A = You are a donk; you can't play; and I shall visit your house and smite you sharply across the nose with a rolled-up copy of Bluff Magazine, if you persist in calling my raises with utter botty-wipes.

B = You really get on my nerves, you do. Please play on another table with immediate effect, because you cause the chemicals in my brain-synapses to become flooded with venom and vitriol. Additionally, you should be aware that I have a low-sugar intake and bruise easily. Also, I will tell my Dad (who is bigger than your Dad, incidentally).

C = Your mother conducts questionable acts with blunt, rubber objects.

D = ur bd plyer and yr feet sml ov cheese (Note: I've included this insult for the more cerebral and tactical abusers).

E = *76% #$2@@ brfdggh?><!! (Note: I've included this insult for two groups of players: Those with fat fingers who make lots of spelling errors; and those that are so enraged and perplexed, that they don't know what they want to scream, and would therefore prefer to leave the interpretation up to the perpetrator of their rage).

F = You are living proof that members of Her Majesty's Constabulary actually copulate with their own Alsation Sniffer Dogs. Har-Har, Har-De-Har, you buffoon of gargantuan proportions.

In the interests of balance – and if there's any room left – I'd respectfully suggest a separate panel of buttons, that allow the victims of abuse to respond in an appropriate manner. Their responses would be:

G = u2, sunshine.

H = bye!

I = omg, lol, n1!!

J = I know for a fact that your mother enjoys precisely the same lewd activities... Thrice nightly, in fact!

K = Please desist from this puerile activity, as it only reveals you to be a uni-browed, Banjo-playing hick with bad teeth and the social decorum of a gnat.

L = I know, and I love you with equal depth. Now give me your chips, in order that that I may spend them by wining and dining your aforementioned mother at Nando's (as a prelude to assisting her with the whole 'blunt-instrument' caper).

Finally; I know what you're all thinking: I'm a giving guy who is far too generous with his help, and one day, it's highly likely that some person of questionable provenance, will take my generous spirit for granted, and trample upon my delicate and tender heart. My friends, when that happens, I shall be glad to sacrifice my loyalty and faith, for the good of *sniff*, the community... and all of you guys. I love you. Don't go changing.

I have to go now, as I have something in my eye.

• edited October 2009
    Hi id like to see a more accurate reliable hand strength indicator as the one you use now says your on fire when you have a very average hand.Thanks
  • edited October 2009
     I NO THAT NOBODY WANTS TO DRAW OUT THE TOURNYS ..  BUT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA ,IF WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THE LAST 50 (FROM SAY  A 500 PLUS ENTRY) THE BLIND LEVELS WERE SLOWED DOWN IN THERE INCREASES. AT THE MOMENT WHEN YOU REACH THIS STAGE IT IS NO LONGER A MATTER OF SKILL BUT TOTAL LUCK, IE FOLD OR SHOVE ..THE SLOW DOWN NEED NOT BE HUGE, BUT 2 OR 3 MINUTES MORE WOULD BRING BACK A BIT MORE PLAY AND LESS PUSH IT AND SEE,    JUST AN IDEA ??????
  • edited October 2009
     I NO THAT NOBODY WANTS TO DRAW OUT THE TOURNYS ..  BUT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA ,IF WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THE LAST 50 (FROM SAY  A 500 PLUS ENTRY) THE BLIND LEVELS WERE SLOWED DOWN IN THERE INCREASES. AT THE MOMENT WHEN YOU REACH THIS STAGE IT IS NO LONGER A MATTER OF SKILL BUT TOTAL LUCK, IE FOLD OR SHOVE ..THE SLOW DOWN NEED NOT BE HUGE, BUT 2 OR 3 MINUTES MORE WOULD BRING BACK A BIT MORE PLAY AND LESS PUSH IT AND SEE,    JUST AN IDEA ??????
  • edited October 2009
    how about actual prizes weekly comp holidays tv electricals etc. i bet it would be popular
  • edited October 2009
    i am getting more and frustrated playing in the free roll tournemnets where you get to a table and three or four players are away. i would like to suggest that if players are away for a whole level of play their chips should be shared around the players actually playing on the table. its not fair on trying to make your way in the tournement when other tables have 6 players all playing and you trying to pick up chips with only two playing.
  • edited October 2009
    i am getting more and frustrated playing in the free roll tournemnets where you get to a table and three or four players are away. i would like to suggest that if players are away for a whole level of play their chips should be shared around the players actually playing on the table. its not fair on trying to make your way in the tournement when other tables have 6 players all playing and you trying to pick up chips with only two playing.
    Posted by adiemel
    But its free chips! yummy! less competition and all sites allow the players to be away as long as they want. they pay their entry they can do what they wish.
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by adiemel
    Hi Adiemel,
    I can understand where your coming from, BUT , is it fair to the other players in the tourney for you to get all those free chips. I personnally think a better way to do it is, after one level all players that are away should then have to put in the big blind EVERY hand until they bust out of return to the table.
    This has happened when i've played live, but i have no idea how an online site would work that, probably very difficult.

col
  • -j--j-
    edited October 2009
    u should make a tourny that mixes bounty hunter with russian roulette,
    so say we start with 500 chips like normal and blinds go up every minute, but if u knock some 1 out u get some money off there heads, quick game but fun and i think alot of ppl would play it while waitin for other tournies, plus not many people play the russian roulette tournies anymore so why not make them better to see if ppl like them :)
  • edited October 2009
    i think something as simple as being able to choose from 3 colours for the table to be would liven up game play.say, red green and the usual blue. it would look cool, no?
  • edited October 2009
    by the way, it would be each person at the table can select the colour they want the table to be.every1 sees there own colour
  • edited October 2009
    how about a game with wales scotland ireland england 2 winners of each place going to final should be a good game
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    ..well, kind of... ok guys, time for another great competition courtesy of the fantastic little community we have here at Sky Poker. what you have to do? (on this thread) post your suggestions for the sky poker site, we will then be awarding prizes for the top 3 ideas! We will also award spot prizes for funny suggestions that we'd like to do but are probably not able to ( an attempt to inject some humour in this ... Flutnush, where are you? ) having said that please make the ideas feasible... we don't really want anything like "give us a £100000 freeroll" How long do you have? we will keep this thread open for 3 weeks (Friday the 2nd October) - prizes will be awarded the following Monday. Prizes!? we will award prizes for the top 3 ideas (and do our best to make them happen) 1st - £50 2nd - £20 3rd - £10 spot prizes (tbc) only suggestions on this thread will be entered to please shout up on here if you've already had a great idea and posted it somewhere else. any questions just give me a shout. good luck and happy posting!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    have a four nations compertition should be good fun
  • edited October 2009
    Two ideas,

First one i mentioned in another thread about the winners of the televised events having a tournament either monthly or yearly to become the Online tv champion. Or something similar.

Secondly, how about Bounty Hunter xp. The prizepool divded between the players at the start as normal, the more sucessful the player the higher share they get of the bounty prize money (in comaprason to other players in the tournament)
  • edited October 2009

i'd like to see my 15 yr old as an analyst/presenter.
    she'd be perfect as apparently she knows everything about everything.

i'd like to see the auto censor facility in the chat box, to censor such words as idiot, moron and imbecile. i get called that enough simply walking around town, so don't need it here.

it wouldn't be financially viable to sky, but a sunday 1200-1400 (thereabouts) start, deepstack, 20 minute blinds, 50 quid buy in would be worth playing, and worth playing sensibly.

a pop up message should appear for all players who register for a freeroll and it should say something to the effect of "do not expect good play from people who know how to play. this costs nothing, people play super loose, so no need to get lairy if you get donked"

• edited October 2009
    oynutter came up with a great idea.
    but, seeing as he said, no blinds, what is to stop a player from never pushing? the game would last for 69 billion years.
  • edited October 2009
    hey derk2827,

we will hopefully run another one of these competitions in the future. unfortunately i can't give you any dates but keep an eye out in the forum for any announcements.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited October 2009

hi Rich
                 How about extending time between flop, turn and river maybe half second or so this would make the game more exiting 
  • edited October 2009
    a 100,000 freeroll lol
  • edited October 2009
    Give us a £100000 freeroll!!!  Oh you said we can't do that.
      A bad beat competition.  Note your table ID number and sent it in.  The worst one ie losing with quad tens gets into the open or some other tourny.  Once a month would be about right maybe.  And people can't send in losing with a straight to a flush, I mean it has to be brutal not going all in pre flop with Aces ect. 
      How about champion of champion game once a year like a sky world cup. Similar to your league MMT.  People that have won the open the most in a year get into a chapions MMT the winner could get x amount of tokens to the Open or just cash. 
      I'd love to see a proper live MMT on sky.  That would be great tv even with pocket cams.
  • edited October 2009
    Making deals on final tables in tournys or Sit and goes.
  • edited October 2009
    1p2p 6max nl cash tables !
  • edited October 2009
    Scope to organise private tables for friends, as depicted on the community.
  • edited October 2009
    To have some fun whilst playing poker, why not post up a general knowledge question either during a tournement or at a teabreak as some players sit and wait for the five minutes to come and go. If the first correct five answers can be rewarded to a free entry to another tournement, to make sure the judecators get it right the answers will be done on faster first.
  • edited October 2009
    First of all, i should mention that i play almost exlusively HU SNG's...

1. We need some kind of "settings" page to save our personal preferences....

2. I absolutely HATE the new "Rematch" and "Play Again" features. It now takes at least 3 mouse clicks to just close the game window. I am perfectly capable of selecting my own games. We need to have the option to disable these "features".

3. I don't multi-table, although i'm considering it. Loading the game windows and THEN having to click "mini view" is a pain in the a-r-s-e. Why can't we choose what size we want the game window to launch? I'm sure many multi-tablers would prefer their games to auto-launch in mini view...
  • edited October 2009
    why dont you concider to accept deposits by Paypal...easy to deposit and withdraw...ladbrokes do it...