You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY'

Comments

• edited January 2010
    how about a freeroll with a buy-in of say 1000pts but only to players that i have earned these points. i.e. not including the points you get when you sign up to sky poker

might have some slightly more interesting play instead of just all-ins every hand in the standard £100 freeroll with a buy-in of 25 pts!
  • edited January 2010
    What about a tweak for the forum? Is it possible to split the poker strategy section into Hold 'Em & Omaha sections to save players from trawling through the posts to find the information they're looking for?
  • edited January 2010
    Ok my idea ... Firstly the name ... ERM ... got it " TABLE BOUNTY HUNTER"  this will work with either 36 or 360 people (comp has to be full (I think )) ok.  Say you have 36 people , each payed £2 lets say . prize pool £72 ( got me so far ) Right now divide the people into SIX tables of SIX. Each table now gets a bounty of £12 ... Game starts , now every table has to play down to 1 player and he or she will recieve that tables bounty of £12. ... So now £4 goes in their pocket and £8 goes onto their head for the final table ... Then on , Bounty Hunter rules apply ... not worked out maths but this may work with 72 108 144 people etc . Just an idea would be great to watch , if you knocked out your table quickly you could watch the other tables so you would not get bored cos you will wanna know who is gonna be on your final table . If your the last table could you imagine the chat . and the banter . From obscurism 
  • edited January 2010
    cant see to find if this is still running ? anyway i was watching the celebrity big brother thing channel 4 have on at the moment an it gave me an idea for playing poker
    10 player's who have qualified online are locked in a house for 10 weeks each nite they play  a freezeout trny for point's at the end of the week the bottom 3 are put up for eviction an the 1 with the most vote goes out
    at the end of each week a poker personality could be brought in for practice and advice to the house mates it doesnt have to run for 10 weeks could be cut shorter maybe played every month different games played the possabilieties are huge anyway thats my great idea all the best 4 2010
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    id like to see the forum changed to a more traditional style thats easier to navigate. also could someone sort out the chat window as its always missing letters out when typing! cheers
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I thought this was just my terrible keyboard!!!

Didnt realise others had the same problem, anyone else?
  • edited January 2010
    what about a tournament say limited to 50/100 players paying entry 50p,£1,£2 etc etc on a knock out 1-1 basis until you reach the final 2 then decide what way you pay out.? or you could go winner takes all.
  • edited January 2010
    how about getting rid of the one chip tournie---its silly!!
  • edited January 2010
    It would be good to know what position you are sitting in a tournament
  • edited January 2010
    say a £50 freezeout with bountys on certain players heads i no sky have had that before but have loads of sattelites to it and do it on a friday or saturday night with say 20k guarenteed i love the primo but not so much the other tournaments like the open and the bounty hunters
  • edited January 2010
    one suggestion i would make is that you allow time to reload on cash games before the start of the next hand (only when you have funds deposited with the cashier). There is nothing more frustrating than someone making a poor call and then hitting the one card available on the river and not being able to reload before the next hand starts. Then to rub salt in the wound you either have to post the blinds you missed or wait untill the big blinds come round to you. The other suggestion i would make is that when players are not at the table at the start of MTT's andSTT's and the big blind has passed them twice (we all have connection problems) they should be forced to post the big blind on every hand after that. we all know the tactic of letting the other players knock each other out with very little loss of your own chips, especially in sit and go tournaments. The above will probably fall on deaf ears but what the heck, i am a Spurs supporter so that proves i am an eternal optimist. In anticipation. ST4R
    Posted by st4r

Thats  hillarious.............supporting Spurs.
  • edited January 2010
    should play more deepstacks,but with a better payouts,ie £5.50 buy in 2 win share ov £200 is not very good is it? loads ov pps already mentioning this,          but we dont want 2 b aving 2 pay the liks ov £22 etc  the players who usually play these games are gd players and shud b rewarded so   just a thought 4 us eh sky ...
  • edited January 2010
    has anybody ever got paid in  YOU SAY WE PAY.?
    Posted by derk2827
    yes--me--for suggesting a one chip tourney--good idea huh?--lol
  • edited January 2010
    guys the competition in this thread closed a few months ago. please feel free to post your ideas but unfortunately they wont be part of a competition this time around.
  • edited January 2010
    It would be good to know what position you are sitting in a tournament
    Posted by derk2827
    hi derk--If you click on game info when you are at the table, it tells you your position, average stack, and largest stack, hope this innits
  • edited January 2010

Could you put in some Ha tournaments, this is where you play a round (Blinds) of Hold'em and a round of Omaha as this just adds bit of a twist to the site. Also possibly could you add some shoot outs for example a 90 player tournament with 9 players on each table and then winner of each table advances to the final table.

thanks
    PBMT

Ben Ford

• edited January 2010
    a 2 stage tournament were you buyin so much and only the winner goes through then theres another table after that were the winners of the first table go heads up for all the cash ?

so say you buyin 2 pound winner goes through and you can have it like top 2 or 3 take a split of the cash from all other 6 previous rounds which would be 72 pound shared between top 2 or 3?

anyone like this idea?
  • edited January 2010
    could you put a chat window on the home page like they do on the bingo sites??

it would be good to chat to people without highjacking other peoples threads.
  • edited February 2010
    hi could you put some tournaments on the site where they only close when you get the required amout of players ie if the tournament needs . cheers200 players wait till its full and then put a start time on it. cheers
  • edited February 2010
    Add chat room admins to your site. This would stop all them people that only seem to come on here for slanging matches instead of actualy playing poker.

Plus it is a great way for sky to advertise their latest promo's and rewards.
    Sky could also include chat room competitions.
  • edited February 2010

I've got 2 ideas, the first is where you have a table with 3 teams made up of 2 people, which could be coloured. Each team has to try and win the tornament, but if one member gets knocked out they have to hope their team mate wins the tornament to get their share of the whole pot, it could be called Team Up, Colours or Second Chance Saloon, it could also help with nice chat rather than abuse amongst players.
    The second idea is a game called Beat The Leader, where all players sit at a table show all their cards and the winner becomes the leader, say the winner has 3000 chips and the rest have 500 chips, if the others beat the leader and win they win the pot, but if the leader wins and you come second you then share the pot.

• edited February 2010
    I think its about time we have a horse tourny, changing the game every 10 mins and the blinds every 5 mins, there are so many games to choose from, nl holdem, omaha, omaha hi/lo, 7 card stud, 7 card hi/ lo, i could go on and on but you get the idea :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY' : a ten seater £10 sng would raise a £100 prize fund not 1k, £20 = 200 not 2k etc etc
    Posted by daz231023
    I get this idea, I think he means you play a £10 qualy with 1 place at studio table available for every 10 players, thats where the big money comes from
  • edited February 2010
    a nighly poker league each nightfor a small entrance fee say £1.10 .the top 20 percent get a in the money.1 point for entering 5p for making the money 10 points for foe 10th and up to 20 fior first.at the end of the month the top people in the league then get an extra prize for there league position
  • edited February 2010
    Full screened tables. Simples.
  • edited February 2010

You should award a special bonus if you get a Royal Flush in a cash game. I just had a yoyal Flush for the first time ever.

Yipeeee

• edited March 2010
    I posted this elsewhere but pleaqse can we have a 'rail only' button was well as join table/waiting list?

thanks

x
  • edited March 2010
    Downloadable
    100 BB buy in max
    Resizable tables- small to full screen [like FT]
    Better points
    More freerolls- register hour or 2 before so players are available not away!
    Stop the laggigng n freezing n timing out [propa timer/number countdown not that bar that moves at dif speeds]
    Diff avatars [like the ones we can use here]

please.....fankooooo
  • edited March 2010

Every month loads of players on the smaller stakes table never quite reach the 500 points required to earn a cash bonus - Why not extent it two months so everyone can get some sort of bonus instead of losing their points every month. 

If reluctant to do this - could some sort tourney be organised to use your points on sit and go at say 1 - 2 - 5 pounds for 6 - 10 player tables so everyone gets a fair deal - I have been playing this site for quite a few months like many others and never quite reach 500 points.

• edited March 2010
    how about a footy supporters ko but using only big derbies ac v inter utd v liverpool etc etc could do as next team tikay n make it best of 5
  • edited March 2010
    sit an go's to satelite into main tourneys.

e.g 6 player table £2.25 entry and top 2 players get entrance into say the velocity and 3rd gets whateva cash is left over

not doing the full math lol, but surely you guys can sort that :)