You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY'

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Definately a points makes prizes system. Seems like we all have far too many to handle.

£1.00 per point will do!
    if not can Tikay have a rummage round the sky poker offices and offer the junk from Orfords desk.
    Anything will do, pencil topper, used gum from under the desk, broken biro, pay packet.
    Orfords sense of dignity in defeat.

All these must be better than the thousands of points sitting in my account. (Apart from the pay packet! On reflection i'm best off using my points in a freeroll!)

Seriously though, T Shirts, chips and cases, poker books, free entry into tourneys or even sky subscriptions with enough points. I would rather have all of these than 100 point freerolls and would happily see the freerolls removed if this were approved and this would reward more fairly the regular player who has little interest/need in freerolls.

I'm sure Sky would also like the idea of fewer freerolls too as it means that more players will be paying their rake to play poker whereas they are having a game 'on the house' so to speak.

Now you dont have to get rid of freerolls but giving a choice on how points are spent will reduce the size of the playing field on them as many people would rather save up for a t shirt or free entry into a SNG than waste 2 hours to win 14p.

It may well increase site traffic as if you are a few points short of that tournament entry then generally people will put that extra hour in to get them. It may even encourage new players to visit with a decent rewards system.

Yes, we do get rake back on our points but many players never hit the levels required to get any rake back and then we also have left over points every month. How about continuing with the rake back but surplus points can then be saved to put towards prizes. I'm not greedy and understand we cant have it both ways and effectively use points twice but excess points definately should have a use.

The cost of this to Sky I feel would be negligible as at the moment they are giving £250 away regularly on top of the rake backs. If only surplus points can be used then effectively this would save sky cash and freeroll prize money can then be dictated by the number of entrants, say £1 prize money per player in exchange for his 100 points. Again these points cannot be used for rake back purposes once spent.

The only drawback for us point rich players is Sky would effectively have to reset everyones points to zero. Again I'm not greedy and understand Sky have a crust to earn but if they introduced a system like this with everyones points as they are now, then the Open would be full of players cashing in their points for the next couple of months!!! No doubt Mr Murdoch would be getting the chopping block out when he hears about that! Either that or everyones Sky subscription would have to double!

But then again if you buy a Sky subscription with your points then why would you care..........?
  • edited September 2009
    Hi Rich, yes I agree with everyone about the points.

We need tournie entries and/or merchandise/other rewards for all our hard earned un-used points, thank you.
  • edited September 2009
    I think there should be more satelite tournys for live main events like you have for the WSOP Main Event. You could have the London EPT if you win you gain entry into the tournament, and entry to other live tournaments in the UK
  • edited September 2009
    just over a week to go. get your suggestions in! there is no limit to how many suggestions you can make
  • edited September 2009
    Make the Primo value added to increase entries and prize fund
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    Make the Primo value added to increase entries and prize fund
    Posted by FRED244
    i heard today in one of the repeated shows that you have launched dyc. Whilst this is a nice addition i feel you have missed a trick. as well as buying the winner into the same tourney next week how about offering a large cash prize if anybody manages the near impossible and follows up?

ok you and i no the chances of somebody winning say the primo back to back are nearly nil, however you could really advertise this as a great way to drive new players to the site.

something silly like 10k would be a figure that would attract publicity.

good luck
  • edited September 2009
    how about a limit to the amount of suggestions you can make
  • edited September 2009
    multi table deep stack sit an go. 10 min blinds, 18 24 or 30 players, various stakes. Could be popular in the evening when more players are on but don't want to wait for a tourney at a set time. 
  • edited September 2009

Got some half decent idea's which should generate slightly more site traffic.............

How about rake free sit and go's on your birthday?? Impossible to put into place on cash tables but should be easy to implement on multi table tourney's or SNG'S.

Also how about double league points and poker points on your birthday as well?

This could also be implemented on Christmas day, and Sky offering a completely rake free day as a christmas present to all Sky players.

The cost to Sky would be minimal but the P.R. it generates would be amazing. Lets all be honest here, if you have nothing else to do but play loads of poker on your birthday or Christmas then you must live a very sad or lonely life. (I have played the odd game on my birthday but didnt have time to put hours worth in) On this basis the take up rate would be reasonably low but the incentive and generosity of sky is there.

Turning to points, which seems to be a strong bone of contention here, how about using points to pay the rake on SNG's or tourneys.  For Sky this is cheaper than offering full buy ins to games with the proviso that league or poker points cannot be earned if you cash in points in exchange for offsetting the rake. (500 points per £1.00 buy in seems fair.)
    Again, the cost to sky - Negligible and will be offset by more sit and go's running overall. If you have 5 out of 6 paying rake but on the whole more games being played over the course of 24 hours then Sky is onto a winner.

Got plenty more where these came from Rich but marketing and P.R. experience like this is gonna cost Sky more than £50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited September 2009
    One more before it starts to cost you dear!!!!

Ditch the idea of a downloadable version of the site.

The biggest problem with downloaded sites is that 'bots' can play or poker calculators can 'advise' players on the best actions to take. This option is not possible by playing in your web browser.
    This generates an unfair playing field and I read an internet report recently that said some sites have 40% of players using such tools.
    Keep Sky clean from such tools. I came to Sky mainly for this reason as i prefer the proper gladiatorial battles of man on man as opposed to man on machine. I cant see any advantage of having a download version and there must be a certain element of society wanting a downloadable edition with their little 'scams' waiting in the background. Yes, speeds may be slightly quicker on a download version but i currently have the freebie broadband offered by Sky and have never suffered a problem.
  • edited September 2009
    One more before it starts to cost you dear!!!! Ditch the idea of a downloadable version of the site. The biggest problem with downloaded sites is that 'bots' can play or poker calculators can 'advise' players on the best actions to take. This option is not possible by playing in your web browser. This generates an unfair playing field and I read an internet report recently that said some sites have 40% of players using such tools. Keep Sky clean from such tools. I came to Sky mainly for this reason as i prefer the proper gladiatorial battles of man on man as opposed to man on machine. I cant see any advantage of having a download version and people who push for this must have their little 'scams' waiting in the background. Yes, speeds may be slightly quicker on a download version but i currently have the freebie broadband offered by Sky and have never suffered a problem.
    Posted by Chhas
    I want a downloadable version for full screen tables, more reliable server and the otpion to multi-table (currently v.poor IMO).

Not a scammer, don't tar everybody with the same brush..
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY' : I want a downloadable version for full screen tables, more reliable server and the otpion to multi-table (currently v.poor IMO). Not a scammer, don't tar everybody with the same brush..
    Posted by daveydavey
    I completely apologise for any offence my last post may have caused, obviously there are genuine players out there but in the same way, there are players who feel that wits and knowledge are not enough and will take unfair advantages where they can. This is not the sort of player i wish to play against. Upon re reading it, yes it appears that i said everyone who wants a download version must be cheating.
    This i agree is an incorrect statement and will modify it accordingly.

Davey, if you could do me the honour of altering my post in yours after I have amended it I would be grateful.
  • edited September 2009
    how about getting someone to properly monitor new player names---i was shocked and dismayed when confronted last night by "analgirl"--whats that all about?? eh----eh---my girlfriend was watching you know!!!
  • edited September 2009
    I don't know whether the Sky set-up will cope with this but I think a low stake re-buy mtt would go down a treat with everyone.

I haven't read all suggestions in the post, so if Im repeating something posted earlier just ignore me. I'll be hurt but I will get over it.
  • edited September 2009
    heres another one--when a tourney (eg the orfe deep stacks) reach 100 players, the places paid jump from ten to twenty--i think it would be better if it went up to 12 places--then 14 ---16  ect  ---wotcha reckon--you know it makes sense
  • edited September 2009
    How about uploadable personalised avatars for players (like you can on the community boards)

These may need approving by mods before being published in some cases !

Would make the players details a bit more friendly, enhance the community spirit and if you chose to use a photograph of yourself, we can all see who just rivered us !
  • edited September 2009
    Why can't some of the televised games be freeplay games. Some people, myself included, can't afford to do the cash games. But we still enjoy playing even if it is only play money, just don't make it the higher end tables.
  • edited September 2009
    How about a live free roll tourny on TV,  players could be picked at random and if they cant make the venue then another player selected.
    Their are loads of players with no "live table" experience and would be an awsome night. 
  • edited September 2009
    how about a monthly "mega deepstack" with like 3 tournaments, one buy in £3.30, another £5.50 and then maybe one £11. Start with 10K in chips and 20 minute blinds, 10 seated, would be a nice casual game with even longer playing time
  • edited September 2009
    how about a new sit n go tourney called triple ur money with the last 2 getting paid ,the double ur moneys have bn a fantastic sucess,TRIPLE UR MONEY ,im up 4 that...........
  • edited September 2009
    how about giving annie-duke a prize for being floppin lovely?--- she says im a "flamin nutter" you know
  • edited September 2009
    how about giving annie-duke a prize for being floppin lovely?--- she says im a "flamin nutter" you know
    Posted by oynutter
    You suck up you!  Flamin' nutter sounds like something on the vegetarian menu at Maccy Dees!
  • edited September 2009
    ok time for the KILLER APPLICATION suggestion.

Can sky make Sky Poker playable on Smart phones! not just using the community. That would be amazing!

Thanks
  • edited September 2009
    One more before it starts to cost you dear!!!! Ditch the idea of a downloadable version of the site. The biggest problem with downloaded sites is that 'bots' can play or poker calculators can 'advise' players on the best actions to take. This option is not possible by playing in your web browser. This generates an unfair playing field and I read an internet report recently that said some sites have 40% of players using such tools. Keep Sky clean from such tools. I came to Sky mainly for this reason as i prefer the proper gladiatorial battles of man on man as opposed to man on machine. I cant see any advantage of having a download version and there must be a certain element of society wanting a downloadable edition with their little 'scams' waiting in the background. Yes, speeds may be slightly quicker on a download version but i currently have the freebie broadband offered by Sky and have never suffered a problem.
    Posted by Chhas
    hi, i noticed this recently.. only because i downloaded a bot myself to see wht all the fuss was about.. i watched him play on the table for about 3hours.. they are super tight even when you set it to loose.. after watching the table i realise that every 1 sat down was playing the same.. surely not every1 was a bot???

i took over from the bot and raised every hand... 9/10 every1 folded and the blinds were mine.. they odd ocassion u get a caller get out of the hand cos the bot will have aa or kk.. they folde everything else pre flop to a min raise ..

made £200 in 3hrs on a 50/1 table by just stealing blinds.. was boring tho lol.. tried it again on a different table but dont think they were bots... but i do think that if u watch a few tables you could find 1 will all bots...

glad sky hasnt got this software..
  • edited September 2009
    heres another one--when a tourney (eg the orfe deep stacks) reach 100 players, the places paid jump from ten to twenty--i think it would be better if it went up to 12 places--then 14 ---16  ect  ---wotcha reckon--you know it makes sense
    Posted by oynutter
    agree
  • edited September 2009
    one suggestion i would make is that you allow time to reload on cash games before the start of the next hand (only when you have funds deposited with the cashier). There is nothing more frustrating than someone making a poor call and then hitting the one card available on the river and not being able to reload before the next hand starts. Then to rub salt in the wound you either have to post the blinds you missed or wait untill the big blinds come round to you.
    The other suggestion i would make is that when players are not at the table at the start of MTT's andSTT's and the big blind has passed them twice (we all have connection problems) they should be forced to post the big blind on every hand after that. we all know the tactic of letting the other players knock each other out with very little loss of your own chips, especially in sit and go tournaments.
    The above will probably fall on deaf ears but what the heck, i am a Spurs supporter so that proves i am an eternal optimist.

In anticipation.
    ST4R
  • edited September 2009
    what aboutMORE free rolls for those with some points ?
  • edited September 2009
    WHAT ABOUT GIVING SPOT PRIZES EVERY MONTH AT EVERY LEVEL,CHEERS M8.
  • edited September 2009
    one suggestion i would make is that you allow time to reload on cash games before the start of the next hand (only when you have funds deposited with the cashier). There is nothing more frustrating than someone making a poor call and then hitting the one card available on the river and not being able to reload before the next hand starts. Then to rub salt in the wound you either have to post the blinds you missed or wait untill the big blinds come round to you. The other suggestion i would make is that when players are not at the table at the start of MTT's andSTT's and the big blind has passed them twice (we all have connection problems) they should be forced to post the big blind on every hand after that. we all know the tactic of letting the other players knock each other out with very little loss of your own chips, especially in sit and go tournaments. The above will probably fall on deaf ears but what the heck, i am a Spurs supporter so that proves i am an eternal optimist. In anticipation. ST4R
    Posted by st4r
    Yes or the solution as other sites have is the auto-reload facility. A very dangerous tool though lol
  • edited September 2009

SKY POKER SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME

I am not sure how the structure would be worked out. Perhaps on the basis of X amount of poker points earned and/or contributions in the Community and/or live results from other sources (say you do well in a GUKPT event / WSOP event etc) and promotion of sky poker generally. The sponsorship Programme would provide branding endorsement (i.e. clothing/caps) to be worn at live events and also X amount of entry fees paid for (obviously Sky would pay to the live tournament directly to prevent fraud).

Sky would benefit from exposure in the poker media (increasing user base) of players succeeding at major live events - GUKPT, EPT, WSOP (E) and would have some financial gain in the process via increased rake earned by players trying to get on the programme.

Any members of this scheme would have a contractual obligation to promote Sky Poker at all opportunites and would (most certainly) be restricted from using other poker sites. (not sure if this happens with other schemes on other sites, but would be logical).

Anyway just an idea for the future. But ALL other sites have sponsored players so this would seem like a natural progression once Sky gets more established.

Dave