You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY'

Comments

• edited October 2009
    id like to be able to see the status of a torney down the side of the running torny, so you can see at a glance whos who. where you are ect
  • edited October 2009
    would be nice to see real faces like the down load your own photo as table image instead of looking at the same aviators sometimes theres 4 of 1 kind. would be loads better or a fav pic anythig better than these aviators 
  • edited October 2009
    hi how about a pyramid single hand tourney top prize lets say 250k small buyins buy in as many times as you like 6 or ten seat tables winner gos on to next tier this would be good big prize for small out lay
    thanks

james marriott  (rosjim1)
  • edited October 2009
    what about a tourney of footy suppoerters that would add a little spice grimsby beating man utd , come on you fish heads
  • edited October 2009
    My first suggestion is to stay as you are Sky for now it is a top site with great variety, protection, advice etc, I know you have to change but slow down for now and let recent changes bed in.

If i,m pushed for another two ideas it would be:   1. Nations League
                                                                          2. Female only tourney and male only tourney with two winners playing heads up
  • edited October 2009

how about a couple of 6 or 10 seat er tables where we can play with our poker points so we don't only have to play the freerolls to use them

• edited October 2009
    Hows about freeroll prizez you can use on skybet or las vegas
  • edited October 2009
    A specific thread in General Poker Chat that is specifically for the posting of bad beats only ;-)
  • edited October 2009
    what about a monthly live game on tv game between 5 presenters and 5 forum members and in live i mean face to face game with helen chamberlain doing commentary :)
  • edited October 2009
    Apologies if missing something that alerady exists, but from a live chat conversation and from looking in history avaiable through my account don't think so...............

Make an opponents cards visible after a successful (non all in) show down which you've won. In a real card room I'd always ask to see an opponents cards for maximum information and therefor would see what they've been calling me downwith. To deny you this is to prevent you from developing proper opinions on opponents or indeed giving you back the value in a "pay to see" bet on the end when confident you're ahead. Just lost to a guy who it turns out had called my preflop raise with 58 (and therefor on a 6-7-9 board i didn't bellieve his reraise all in versus my raised JJ preflop) - if had seen his cards I was beating at showdown earlier in the game may have known he was this reckless preflop and would possibly have reappraised situation.

Like I say, apologies if missing something and there's a setting somewhere I need to play with - otherwise why not get this sorted and let everyone have the same info they would live, and allow us to utilise full armoury of skills/knowledge that should be at our disposal rather than kept in the dark and guessing what we've beat.

Cheers.
  • edited November 2009
    A different re-buy level competition

level one      buy in   £1           1hour or min 50% exit      for novice
    level2           buy in   £4           1 hour or 50% exit           for the fisherman
    level 3          buy in   £8            1 hour or 50% exit          for i think i can win this
    level4           buy in   £16          1 hour  or 50% exit          for i know i can win this
    level5           buy in   £32          1 hour or 50% exit           the needy and the greedy

Final buy in   £50 waiting list  max 50% of entries into level 5 or any amount of entries at level 5  till finish
                        "in it to win it pros)
    This will allow novices to gain experience,regulars can buy back in after a "BAD BEAT" and the better players can pay more "to clean up" and the pros can lose their reputations
  • edited November 2009
    How about whoever wins the most Tourneys in a week gets to play Tee kay heads up.
  • edited November 2009
    how about a poker handicap( like the horse racing) where the (proven)better poker players are handicapped with less chips than the poorer poker players?

ARRAZ
  • edited November 2009
    this is a silly one i know, but what about a "play of the day"........ any presenter can award this, it does what it says on the tin....... if the presenter reckons you played your hand perfect, you win a spot prize, cash or tourni entry maybe
  • edited November 2009
    can we hold private games, email a few friends and have our own table for cash game or even sng style, would be great to play together
  • edited November 2009
    more avatars please. don't want to upload my own photo, but everyone looks alike.
  • edited November 2009
    not sure how this would work with the no refund policy for losing connection, but there seem to be an increasing number of players who are entering multiple double your money sit and go touneys and not turning up to play, in the hope that 3 players will take a dive before they are blinded out. It is very frustrating and whenever I can I try to help out the shortstack who is about to bomb out to a blank seat. (Just call me the sit and go vigalante). It's not so much the players who are playing multiple tables and play occasional hands that are the problem but the ones who simply don't turn up at all.
  • edited November 2009

What about some low stakes ie £1.00 all in or fold sattelites for the bounty hunter or bigger tournaments.whereas 1 player wins a seat ...its fast and will get more players in...

• edited November 2009
    I know the freerolls have different prize amounts depending on day of the week, however they all have one thing in common. Blinds rise fast.

Instead how about one freeroll that has a slow blind rise. Similar to ds. this would help introduce new players to this type of game.  Increase the points required to buy in if necessary, similar to the Friday night freeroll.
  • edited November 2009
    Standard "After-Work" pub game.

Slight variation on the "Last man standing"

6 man 5 / 10 / 20 pound in winner takes all. Maybe 3000 chips 100/200 blinds which double every time someone gets knocked out, instead of the usual time limit. No prizes for 2nd place.
  • edited November 2009
    Here's my second idea for a "funny" poker game.

Inversed!

Each player starts with 50,000 chips and the aim is to get rid of your chips by having the worst hand possible. If you fold a hand, you have more chips added to your tally. If you have the best hand, you take the pot. You need to have the worst hand! You have to be in the hand after the last round of "betting" to be able to get rid of your chips. Pot limited so no all ins with 7-2 !!
  • edited November 2009
    well how about if you get 5points off either side in the cards cards cards you win free entry to the forum deepstack 2 off or below entry to the open
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Competition!!!! - 'YOU SAY- WE PAY':
    Here's my second idea for a "funny" poker game. Inversed! Each player starts with 50,000 chips and the aim is to get rid of your chips by having the worst hand possible. If you fold a hand, you have more chips added to your tally. If you have the best hand, you take the pot. You need to have the worst hand! You have to be in the hand after the last round of "betting" to be able to get rid of your chips. Pot limited so no all ins with 7-2 !!
    Posted by IdiotIdiot

So basically Omoha Lo

Slight variation is Razz :)
  • edited November 2009
    Been away from the comps & cash tables for a couple of months to go away & learn more, which my play & success would suggest that I have. I listen a lot to what Tikay, Ed, Trev etc have to say & try to apply the lessons thay have learned themselves, probably the hard way! There are loads of books on the subject of Poker but would it be feasible/possible for the guys to get together and make a tuturial DVD or a show on 865? Using hand history & player input from tournaments I think it would help many. Thanks
  • edited November 2009
    A £1:00 mini freeroll thats totally free....GATED to 100 seats The cash is recycled anyway so why worry eh! Even if you did 1 an hour that still only 24 quid a day ....Other sitea have a "DAILY DOLLAR" freebee....I supposed its to much to ask the most stingy site online!
  • edited November 2009
    funny ones you want is it?---how about asking the technical team to hurry up with the download version?
    Posted by oynutter
    SECONDED  !
  • edited November 2009
    HOW ABOUT MORE HANDS AND LESS CHATS ON LIVE TV SHOWS
  • edited November 2009
    Been away from the comps & cash tables for a couple of months to go away & learn more, which my play & success would suggest that I have. I listen a lot to what Tikay, Ed, Trev etc have to say & try to apply the lessons thay have learned themselves, probably the hard way! There are loads of books on the subject of Poker but would it be feasible/possible for the guys to get together and make a tuturial DVD or a show on 865? Using hand history & player input from tournaments I think it would help many. Thanks
    Posted by markutd
    I wouldnt bother m8.... u want a tutourial on how to play hands. yes? and u want them to explain what you should do, dont wait for a DVD, or the CLUB on sky tv. just watch loads and loads of ''live tv  tournys shows'' on sky m8.
    that should help you.. dont tune in to watch the tourny,,  cause ul only b disappointed unless your after e-mail advice then, thats the show to watch.. or TIKAYS TOUR OF AMERICA.. then, thats the show to watch.. or THE POKER WORLD, then, thats the show to watch
  • edited November 2009
        How about an easier way of finding paople on sky poker from your local area!.i.e being able to put in your adress and a list of local players are availible!! also would be alot easier if we were able to resize tournament widows?
  • edited November 2009
    hi Rich What about a programme following a player through a tournament, not necessarily the winner, but showing some bad play as well. I have plenty of material for this, lol col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I was about to suggest something similar.

Follow a particular player in a tourny, when they are knocked out, you follow the player who knocked him out, and so on until the final table.

1) it allows us to see a variety of play

2) by concentrating on a certain player for a period of time, it allows the analyst to comment more thoroughly on hands, as opposed to in isolation, as we are viewing a table for a prolonged period

Aski :)