You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Key Hand 7: Never min raising the btn, shove all day long.

Key Hand 10: When he limps, shove pre or shove the flop.

Looks like you got to carried away with the shortie & was playing not to lose, instead of trying to win.

Is your confidence low at the moment JJ ??
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Key Hand 7: Never min raising the btn, shove all day long. Key Hand 10: When he limps, shove pre or shove the flop. Looks like you got to carried away with the shortie & was playing not to lose, instead of trying to win. Is your confidence low at the moment JJ ??
    Posted by goodylad21
    Well this was the dilemma with the weird payout structure. What is 'not losing' and what is 'winning' in this situation though? 

2nd pays the same as first, and there were 2 players with more than double my stack but 1 guy with 1 big blind. Was really unsuual. 

I guess confidence is low atm yeah, not really in game though. Any 'tentative' play in the hands above is down more to being unsure what the best plays are in this format, rather than lacking confidence in my own game. 

Thanx for the reply. The more I look at hand 7 the more I agree. 

Still unsure about 10 though, I don't think I get many folds if I shove pre or shove the flop v that player, and I think I need some folds to make it the right play . . . . . . .  
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hey Prof, I think Gary (had no option but to) base/d his calculations on the percieved calling range of the opponent that I gave him in an earlier post. Ofc the key to the whole problem is working out how tight/wide he will call my shove, and then picking the optimal shoving range based on this. That's the poker part. I gave the range as top 30% of hands,  { 22+, A2s+, K7s+, Q9s+, JTs, A2o+, K8o+, QTo+ }  which is maybe kinda tight for an optimal calling range, but that's the kind of player I felt I was up against. As I said before, I felt he was the type to value his tournament life more than the potential edge he could gain from making marginally +ev calls. He wasn't overly tight, just felt he was holding out and playing on the tighter side of 'perfect' short stacked poker.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Cheers D

Ty for the reply. Believe i wasn't saying i was right. I was only asking if the process was correct and that a chart i had from the kill everyone book had stated. Your explanation and the posts from Gary earlier are fine. I understand them and ty for the explanations.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi D

Just had a look at your hh for that T. Key hand 7, even with icm and new t odds of pot odd/bubble factor AQs was still a good enough hand to play. You said you were aiming for third and thought BB would have to call so why not shove. Doesn't it provide fold equity v the big stack who would leave it to you to knock out bb, i'd have thought then and even if bb folds then he's on life support. Shove for me but i'm a 'BOOKBOT' i've just found out after getting half way through my latest one!!!!
    I must admit, i'm surprised mishmash calls AI for 20+BB's with 85s in sb. I don't understand that one myself andif it correct then its back to the drawing board for me.
    Also you 10bb ai from sb w/ k30 and called with 78s. Are these normal/standard?(i've not looked at the nash charts) No wonder i keep blinding myself down!
    Good read m8...
  • edited January 2013
    Excellent tournament recap JJ. I cba to post often, but I read all your posts and I like that you try to mix it up.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Excellent tournament recap JJ. I cba to post often, but I read all your posts and I like that you try to mix it up.
    Posted by Giant811
    Cheerz G-man, honoured to get 1 of your very occasional forum posts on't thread! :) 

Hi D Just had a look at your hh for that T. Key hand 7, even with icm and new t odds of pot odd/bubble factor AQs was still a good enough hand to play. You said you were aiming for third and thought BB would have to call so why not shove. Doesn't it provide fold equity v the big stack who would leave it to you to knock out bb, i'd have thought then and even if bb folds then he's on life support. Shove for me but i'm a 'BOOKBOT' i've just found out after getting half way through my latest one!!!! I must admit, i'm surprised mishmash calls AI for 20+BB's with 85s in sb. I don't understand that one myself andif it correct then its back to the drawing board for me. Also you 10bb ai from sb w/ k30 and called with 78s. Are these normal/standard?(i've not looked at the nash charts) No wonder i keep blinding myself down! Good read m8...
    Posted by profman15

Hi P, (u like that other P? ;))

Totally agree with you, my min raise here was poor. I was unsure of the situation with the unique payout structure and made a big mistake min raising here. Far too risk averse. Next time I will be snap shoving this spot. 

I think you may have misread the hands here Prof.

When mish calls with the 85s in the small blind, I think the shove is only like 3 or 4 big blinds? I was still surprised to see the call tbh, but as it was a 2 horse race between myself and the shover for the 3rd money spot, I was glad to see the call and take my chances with some more equity to make the cash.

Missed it again though :(

My shove with the K3 earlier in the game....

He has 1.7k @ 150/300, so although I shove 3k (10xbb) it's 'only' just over 6xbb effective. 

King high is easily good enough to shove for 6xbb so that was standard. 

--------------

Hope you're running well bud. If you have any hands you wanna post feel free to put them here instead of/as well as the clinic. 

Some people are reluctant to post in the clinic, but may post here. I will def reply, some good players might also ;)

• edited January 2013

No updates from me yet for Wednesday or Friday, I'll merge them!

2 small losing sessions, not much happened on Wednesday at all, I think I lost about 20 quid playing roller and BH sats, really no talking points at all.

Friday I decided to play a cash session. Instead of waiting for 8pm I started around 5ish and played for a couple of hours.

I found it really difficult to multi table during that session. I loaded 6x 30nl as always, I've been doing this for years when playing cash, never really had any problems. Are we getting less time to make decisions?

I feel really rushed all the time.

Maybe it's because I'm not used to thinking in 'cash mode' and therefore my thought process is slower, when previously they'd have been instinctive.

I think I'm going to drop to 4 to begin sessions in future.

Previously have played 9 on sky comfortably, but always considered 6 to be the 'optimum' number of tables for me. Will see how 4 goes next time.

Lots of new players @ 30nl. Some good, some bad, some older ones have improved loads, some older ones are still exactly the same. It's much harder work than it used to be. Obviously playing 5pm - 8pm instead of 11pm - 4am isn't going to help that.

The session itself started bad, I felt abit unlucky to be 2 buyins down early, was getting in awkward spots with 'big on big' confrontations going against me.

JJ < KK v super agro guy.
    QQ < AA when I 3b and he flatted OOP. Owned me. :(

Felt I was playing well though, v some tough players who were mixing it up against me. Having an agro dynamic with every single reg on every single table probably doesn't help my multi-tabling issues.

Would be rude not share this hand, always like to get as much advertising equity as I possibly can out of donk plays ;)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    KKrippler Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.50
    Adicts89 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £52.67
     Your hole cards
    • J

GuardC4t Fold     
    BigHawk89 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £65.36
    bolly580 Raise  £3.60 £4.95 £55.40
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £7.20 £12.15 £25.11
    KKrippler Fold     
    Adicts89 Fold     
    BigHawk89 Fold     
    bolly580 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Win  £8.55  £33.66
    DOHHHHHHH Return  £3.60 £0.00 £37.26
    I reckon if u cold 4bet J5 and get it through, your winnings from the hand should be doubled.

All that for £4.95. sigh.

;)

Spose I should show myself getting owned for balance.

Not sure what villain could have had here. I suq!
    beamer1968 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £34.18
    stacker59 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.10
     Your hole cards
    • A

shawsok Fold     
    Adicts89 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £35.55
    GuardC4t Fold     
    beamer1968 Fold     
    stacker59 Call  £0.60 £1.95 £30.50
    Flop

• J

stacker59 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.00 £2.95 £34.55
    stacker59 Raise  £3.00 £5.95 £27.50
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.30 £12.25 £28.25
    stacker59 Raise  £12.58 £24.83 £14.92
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    stacker59 Muck     
    stacker59 Win  £15.72  £30.64
    stacker59 Return  £8.28 £0.83 £38.92

Maybe his nothing was better than my nothing. And he knew it. nh.

I broke almost dead even @ cash, making 90pence! ha. Felt good to get out even.

-----------------

Anyway today is the last day of the cash promo I believe? It will be interesting to see if these new players stick around, or if they were just here for the promotion.

I'm going to leave them to it today, I imagine alot of them will be putting in a huge Sunday cash grind to scrap for last minute points to get up the cash promo table.

It would be nice to see some kind of promo based on win rate. Obviously with a minimum no. of hands required to qualify.

I'm not sure if people would like this, especially if the results are made public? Will give away who the best players are, but everyone knows who they are anyway, so I dunno?

Could it work? hmmmmm.

Loads of sport today, gonna chill out with a crate of beer and donk about in MTTs. Sundays r terrible for me traditionally, pressure off today would be nice to change that.

Not guna hold my breath tho.

GL Murray in this tie break (and the rest of the match), England closing out the consolation win in India, and all diary readers on your Sunday grind! ;) 

Weds loss £20

Fri loss £30 (mtts/sngs)

Profit +95
    Points 1309
  • edited January 2013

Unusual time for an update, but I've been offline most of the day and will be busy before the session tomorrow so here goes.

Eventful Sunday to say the least!

It started with an MTT win! wiiiiiiiiii.

Sounds alot better than it actually was, it was just a small 180 runner 2 euro turbo rebuy on stars.fr, which I took down for around 150 euros.

I was running deep in a couple of other comps on the real PS site, cashed in a rebuy but it was only small, having blown a massive stack, had like 150xbb 2 hours in @ 300/600, ran KK into AA pre, and that kinda tilted me abit. Didn't play terrible but things just went against me. 

-----------------------------------------

Anyway, on to sky. sighhhh.

This pretty much sums up how things have gone for me on Sky this month.

There were obviously lots of Super Sats running for the super roller. They were £6, 1 in 20 jobs, with 2 seats gtd.

Ofc being the day of the tournament itself, there was lots of interest, and the guarentees were smashed, meaning no overlay.

But very top heavy structures got my attention and I entered 2 of them within 15 minutes of eachother, starting around 6-30ish.

I've reg'd the super roller in advance, hoping to take the £110 value of the seat, rather than the seat itself.

An hour in, and I'm running very well, sitting near the top of the leaderboard in both.

It's 7-30, and I'm 1st/9 left in one, and 3rd/11 in the other, with 3 seats gtd in both (60 runners).

Suddenly I start panicking, as I realise the start of the roller is 8pm, and not 9pm, like the usual rollers are.

Oh sh!t! I hope they end in time. I check the lobby, to see how fast the levels go up, and I'm still quite confident they will.

Gets to about 7-45, and we're on the bubble in game 1, and FT of game 2.

I'm short in game 1, sitting 4th of 3, with 3 seats. This 1 is gtd to finish in time, I'd love to take this down and lock up at least £110, then try and push in the 2nd game which I pretty much have locked up.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out, and I was the bubble boy.
    Disco31121180001£30k Super Roller
    K8LOU02£30k Super Roller
    leoncupra03£104.50
    DOHHHHHHH04
    Ok, no big deal.

I'm 1st/5 remaining in the 2nd sat, with a huge chip advantage!

There's 15 minutes left to the start of the roller, we should easily get this done in time.

5 minutes later, we're still 5 handed, with the 3 seats up for grabs. I'm starting to worry now, the blinds are big, the stacks are short, I'm pushing very wide but everyone keeps folding and taking chips off eachother to stay afloat.

***Horrific moment of realisation***

OMG there's a 5 minute break in 4 minutes, I have 4 minutes to get this over with or I'm going to be late registered into the roller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUSH NEXT HAND ANY 2.

DOUBLE SUM1 UP.

PUSH NEXT HAND WITH JUNK.

FOLDS

PUSH NEXT HAND DOUBLE SUM1 UP.

I'm now not even comfortable myself, but keep pushing, I have no choice, I cannot play the roller!!!!

FOLDS

MORE FOLDS

STOP FIN FOLDING.

2 minutes to go, it's not going to happen is it?

Shorty gets it in, called, I can fold and hope, he busts, then the last hand b4 the break, shove any 2 myself.

shorty doubles.

omg.

I give up. There is no way this can possibly end before 7-55.

Best case scenario, I manage to get through this now tight bubble and get automatically entered into the roller.

Worst case scenario, I bubble again.

I really don't think the best case scenario is much better than the worst case here. They're just 2 disasterous scenarios.

I spose the advantage is 100 poker points. yippeeeee.
    connorg111572801£30k Super Roller
    DOHHHHHHH55527.502£30k Super Roller
    PAUL18011192.503£30k Super Roller
    So, at 5 minutes past 8, the satellite ends, and I win my super roller seat, which snap opens withing a few seconds.

I'm absolutely gutted.

20 minutes ago, I was in great shape, looking at 2x returns of £110 for 2x £6 investments.

I've ended up with a bubble, and a seat I didn't want, that I have no intentions of using. 

2nd/60 and 4th/60, and not a penny to show for it, a loss of £12 infact ;(

--------------------------------

On to the roller.....

I played properly for about 6 minutes, won 1 hand with AK, folded quite alot.

Then decided there was no way I could do this and play through 6+ hours of nit folding etc.

Thought I'd try a my own unique mtt strategy, of shoving all in every hand, trying to maybe get my stack up from 10k to 40/50k just by plain gambling.

Then sit out, log off/close the table for a few hours, then come back and hope I am still in contention for a min-cash around the bubble.

Unfortunately it didn't work out.
    gez_bear Small blind  20.00 20.00 9700.00
    PAUL180 Big blind  40.00 60.00 9795.00
     Your hole cards
    • K

connorg111 Call  40.00 100.00 10620.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  3840.00 3940.00 6455.00
    kidwiz10 Fold     
    kwd Fold     
    gez_bear Fold     
    PAUL180 Fold     
    connorg111 All-in  10620.00 14560.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  6455.00 21015.00 0.00
    connorg111 Unmatched bet  365.00 20650.00 365.00
    connorg111 Show
    • Q
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K

Flop

• J
    • Q
    • J

Turn

River

connorg111 Win Full House, Queens and Jacks 20650.00  21015.00
    How does he hold there? :(

Nice start for 1 lucky runner. lol

And just incase people think I'm making excuses etc and I just played the hand bad....
    kwd Small blind  15.00 15.00 9505.00
    gez_bear Big blind  30.00 45.00 9895.00
     Your hole cards
    • A

PAUL180 Fold     
    connorg111 Raise  60.00 105.00 10420.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  10015.00 10120.00 0.00
    kidwiz10 Fold     
    kwd Fold     
    gez_bear Fold     
    connorg111 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Muck     
    DOHHHHHHH Win  165.00  165.00
    DOHHHHHHH Return  9955.00 0.00 10120.00
    and.....
    PAUL180 Small blind  15.00 15.00 9835.00
    connorg111 Big blind  30.00 45.00 10390.00
     Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH All-in  10120.00 10165.00 0.00
    kidwiz10 Fold     
    kwd Fold     
    gez_bear Fold     
    PAUL180 Fold     
    connorg111 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Muck     
    DOHHHHHHH Win  75.00  75.00
    DOHHHHHHH Return  10090.00 0.00 10165.00
    and.....
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  20.00 20.00 10115.00
    kidwiz10 Big blind  40.00 60.00 10395.00
     Your hole cards

kwd Fold     
    gez_bear Raise  120.00 180.00 9760.00
    PAUL180 Fold     
    connorg111 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  10115.00 10295.00 0.00
    kidwiz10 Fold     
    gez_bear Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Muck     
    DOHHHHHHH Win  280.00  280.00
    DOHHHHHHH Return  10015.00 0.00 10295.00
    lol. sigh.

Was pretty tilted by the whole sattellite disaster after that, so didn't play anymore.

Lesson learnt.

I spose the old schoolers who believe sats should be used only by people who want to play the actual tournament will be laughing reading this saying it serves me right.

I have to agree with them, my own fault for entering the sats when I wasn't even aware of the start time of the actual event!

Live and learn, sums up a frustrating January for me!

It's 'Turbo Tuesday' tomorrow, the first time I will have a chance to join in, so looking forward to that. Hopefully I can continue to beat the super sats and get myself in some big turbo comps!
  • edited January 2013
    well £6 to win £104 or something with how many runners 35ish ? with top two getting paid
    can't do the math but it is worth it - is there an mtt that compares

been trying reg then sat route and de reg myself

lols at the MTT starting before the sat ends

wally

• edited January 2013

I'm short in game 1, sitting 4th of 3, with 3 seats.

Spotted a leak in your game mate. You go out of a tourney but still think you are playing in it :)

As for sats....meh....I dont want to argue with ya but I do feel that you are misinterpetationing (lol) them. But as you are not the only one, there is nothing wrong with it.....kind of.....ish.
  • edited January 2013
    Great read that post DOHH, well done on the win in the stars tourney as well.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" - Sat Disaster :(:
    I'm short in game 1, sitting 4th of 3 , with 3 seats. Spotted a leak in your game mate. You go out of a tourney but still think you are playing in it :) As for sats....meh....I dont want to argue with ya but I do feel that you are misinterpetationing (lol) them. But as you are not the only one, there is nothing wrong with it.....kind of.....ish.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol this
  • edited January 2013
    To find dohhh

you go along a bell until you reach the end....
  • edited January 2013
    To find dohhh you go along a bell until you reach the end....
    Posted by beaneh
    Oh wowwwwwww. 10/10
  • edited January 2013

ty all :(

Special thanx to Maxally, for pointing out my mistake, which proves that at least 1 person reads the writing and doesn't just look at the pictures ;)

and to Benc for being the only 1 to congratulate me on my win ;)

DW everyone who forgot to say WP DOHHHHHHHHHH, you'll have another chance after tomorrows update. 

*Hint* ;)

Ofc all comments are welcome, good/bad/comical/patronising <3 my readers ! 

Lets see if I can win a turboment here tonight!

GL ME! and everyone else playing tonight. 

• edited January 2013

Very quick update due to very little sky volume. 

Just 2x £3 sats & the mini on Tuesday, no luck in any. 

Had a promising start in the mini, up to 8k, then lost a big 3way all in with AK v 88 and KJs, rebuilt to a smilar stack, then lost w/ AK v QQ.

Could have been looking at a v deep run had I won 1 of those. Got the buyin back in heads tho.

Earlier that day I'd continued my heater on Stars.fr, I won a 5e 6max turbo (1k gtd) from 300 runners for about 260e.

Then entered a similar format, a 2e double chance, 6max turbo, same gntee, and finished 3rd for 100e. 

+340e day, my balance over there on Sunday morning was 9 euros and 200 poker points, now just below 500e and I have some ammo to enter some comps with bigger moniez up top :)

31 days in Jan, which means I can donk about today and think of a new plan for Febuary tomorrow.

New plan = probably the same rubbish old plan that never works and never gets me anywhere.

Good news is I've qualified for the top of the pots freeroll thing on Saturday, tougher field this time due to the new selection process, but 50 beans & bragging rights ftw in a free sng aint bad, will do my best to take that down! Have a feeling the table draw will be very important, 1 massive fish in the field so I hope I get position on Pat to take advantage of this and avoid the other 4 solid players. 

I realise this update contains a swing of <£10, an increase of <10 poker points, and a chirp about a freeroll. 

Can assure you this really is my diary though, and you haven't mis-clicked and opened Lamberts by mistake.

Hopefully some more exciting news next time.

Good luck all trying to close the month out with a win today!

Profit +90
    Points 1318

• edited January 2013
    Very quick update due to very little sky volume.  Just 2x £3 sats & the mini on Tuesday, no luck in any.  Had a promising start in the mini, up to 8k, then lost a big 3way all in with AK v 88 and KJs, rebuilt to a smilar stack, then lost w/ AK v QQ. Could have been looking at a v deep run had I won 1 of those. Got the buyin back in heads tho. Earlier that day I'd continued my heater on Stars.fr, I won a 5e 6max turbo (1k gtd) from 300 runners for about 260e. Then entered a similar format, a 2e double chance, 6max turbo, same gntee, and finished 3rd for 100e.  +340e day, my balance over there on Sunday morning was 9 euros and 200 poker points, now just below 500e and I have some ammo to enter some comps with bigger moniez up top :) 31 days in Jan, which means I can donk about today and think of a new plan for Febuary tomorrow. New plan = probably the same rubbish old plan that never works and never gets me anywhere. Good news is I've qualified for the top of the pots freeroll thing on Saturday, tougher field this time due to the new selection process, but 50 beans & bragging rights ftw in a free sng aint bad, will do my best to take that down! Have a feeling the table draw will be very important, 1 massive fish in the field so I hope I get position on Pat to take advantage of this and avoid the other 4 solid players.  I realise this update contains a swing of <£10, an increase of <10 poker points, and a chirp about a freeroll.  Can assure you this really is my diary though, and you haven't mis-clicked and opened Lamberts by mistake. Hopefully some more exciting news next time. Good luck all trying to close the month out with a win today! Profit +90 Points 1318
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    my biggest nightmare
  • edited January 2013
    Very quick update due to very little sky volume.  Just 2x £3 sats & the mini on Tuesday, no luck in any.  Had a promising start in the mini, up to 8k, then lost a big 3way all in with AK v 88 and KJs, rebuilt to a smilar stack, then lost w/ AK v QQ. Could have been looking at a v deep run had I won 1 of those. Got the buyin back in heads tho. Earlier that day I'd continued my heater on Stars.fr, I won a 5e 6max turbo (1k gtd) from 300 runners for about 260e. Then entered a similar format, a 2e double chance, 6max turbo, same gntee, and finished 3rd for 100e.  +340e day, my balance over there on Sunday morning was 9 euros and 200 poker points, now just below 500e and I have some ammo to enter some comps with bigger moniez up top :) 31 days in Jan, which means I can donk about today and think of a new plan for Febuary tomorrow. New plan = probably the same rubbish old plan that never works and never gets me anywhere. Good news is I've qualified for the top of the pots freeroll thing on Saturday, tougher field this time due to the new selection process, but 50 beans & bragging rights ftw in a free sng aint bad, will do my best to take that down! Have a feeling the table draw will be very important, 1 massive fish in the field so I hope I get position on Pat to take advantage of this and avoid the other 4 solid players.  I realise this update contains a swing of <£10, an increase of <10 poker points, and a chirp about a freeroll.  Can assure you this really is my diary though, and you haven't mis-clicked and opened Lamberts by mistake. Hopefully some more exciting news next time. Good luck all trying to close the month out with a win today! Profit +90 Points 1318
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    massive lols

nice going on *.fr keep it up
  • edited February 2013
    Session the other day was abit rubbish, had a couple of cans then started feeling abit dodgy, had an hours kip, woke up and played abit more at night, then felt tired so cut the 2nd session short too. 

Just 1 result from of note, played the £2, 400gtd rebuy on sky, and came 6th/126.

strawbs0286550001£143.66
    equaliser02£87.64
    LENNYC03£53.97
    Bryan196204£43.43
    mcdonald1105£37.01
    DOHHHHHHH06£31.87
    Structure is the worst I've ever seen, shocking even for sky, never playing this again.

Whoever thought a blind increase from 1.25k/2.5k to 2k/4k was a good idea?

How can you justify a blind increase that big at that stage of the game, after it going so steady for the first 2 hours? Just mental.

1.5/3k anyone? 

The chip lead going into the money means almost nothing, no matter how big it is. 

Not bitter or anything obv ;)

"sort it out sky"

Couple of turbo BH sats went wrong, so up about 20 quid for the day. Still haven't gotten to play that yet. Annoying. 

-----------

Febuary today, and im already lining up a day of mtts and sports betting. 

I guess this wont be the month I start grinding properly either. 

fwiw I'm very hopeful of getting a footy bet up today, with....

QPR @ 6/5
    Reading @ 6/4
    Doncaster @ 7/5
    Chelsea @ 21/20

Chelsea are obv the dodgy selection there away @ Newcastle & their French army. But they're playing really well, can be breathtaking at times, just need to stop donking off Leeds. 

The pitch is big @ ST James' park & I reckon they could run Newcastle ragged!

Also Ba has to score right? ;)

QPR must win @ home to Norwich. If I was a professional gambler, or even just loaded/brave, I would have a big single on them getting the result. 

Norwich out of form, QPR a different side under Harry with a few new faces, can only see 1 result!

Donny will probably let me down, but Bury r kak. Even more Kak than us.

Reading got some momentum after the midweek miracle, and Sunderland r P poor. 

so yeh, nailed on!

GL all in FEB! :)

• edited February 2013
    Norwich were solid against Spurs but yes I agree they will lose at QPR today

Chelsea at just over evens away from home does not appeal, but they should win... Although Newcastle need to get some run good back soon and get their act together... could this be the day they decide to win and fark up your bet?

Reading are running too good and Sunderland are boring so I think this will be your slip up.. can see a zero zero

Donny at 7/5 big price that!!! Might get on myself...

Gl, maybe this is your week/month/year...

Now ive gotta pick a NAP.. mmmmm
  • edited February 2013

hey dohh if you like good odds for football now could be the time to bet on newcastle to win because i watch the game today and they had an excellent first half. the second half they started off poor but what they didn't show today was dropping their heads when they go behind as they have done most games this season.
    hope you have better luck this month but please don't pass the bad luck to me.

• edited February 2013

Thanx Craig, great result for your lot at the weekend. Chelsea are massively underachieving. If they can keep that squad together I fancy them to challenge for the title next year though.

-----------------

Saturday review.

Well the football bet was a massive fail, pretty much like my poker day!

Warning *moany Hand History post ahead*

It got to about 3pm and having donked about abit in mtts, I decided to start playing 30nl on sky.

Very early for me, but the tables looked great. There was only 4 running, so I thought I'd just sit, play tight against the recreational players, and hopefully print some money. Loads of unknowns, few noted big fish, and a couple of semi-regs to start with.

I ended up playing for a good 4 hours overall, although I was only 2 tabling for the last bit.

I've got a list of hand histoties in chronological order. I'm going to post them up, so will be seeing them back for the first time since Saturday, as you do.

I remember thinking I ran bad so they're probably all bad beats n coolers etc. Here goes, gl making it to the end.

Hand 1

DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.55
    WATERTAXI Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £52.08
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Hubzter Fold     
    denty765 Fold     
    bluffer306 All-in  £6.39 £6.84 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £6.24 £13.08 £23.31
    WATERTAXI Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J
    • J

bluffer306 Show
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

bluffer306 Win Pair of Aces £12.42  £12.42
    Yup. This was the 2nd hand of the session.

Should have stopped here lol.

Hand 2

It's a cooler whatever happens, not sure what's going with his flat pre, maybe he wanted to 'see a safe flop' ;)

Nice get there though, and 1.5 buy ins down within 10 minutes.
    layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    frankban09 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £7.46
    leroy461 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.37
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

illyas Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £27.10
    brogo2012 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.60 £5.25 £25.20
    ourkes Fold     
    frankban09 Fold     
    leroy461 Fold     
    illyas Call  £2.40 £7.65 £24.70
    Flop

illyas Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.10 £12.75 £20.10
    illyas Raise  £14.03 £26.78 £10.67
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £20.10 £46.88 £0.00
    illyas All-in  £10.67 £57.55 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £0.50 £57.05 £0.50
    illyas Show
    • K
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

illyas Win Flush to the King £55.25  £55.25
    Hand 3

Ha, o yea, 2nd nuts v nuts otf.

Cheerz dealer.

Aces going well!
    Dufrais22 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £11.58
    Jentz Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £36.03
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £32.38
    rivermunky Call  £0.90 £2.25 £25.08
    CJ227 Fold     
    Dufrais22 Call  £0.75 £3.00 £10.83
    Jentz Fold     
    Flop

• Q
    • K
    • A

Dufrais22 Bet  £1.20 £4.20 £9.63
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £5.40 £31.18
    rivermunky Fold     
    Turn

Dufrais22 All-in  £9.63 £15.03 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £9.63 £24.66 £21.55
    Dufrais22 Show
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

River

Dufrais22 Win Straight to the Ace £23.42  £23.42
    Hand 4

Meh, this is rather tilting.

It's a flip, all in pre flop, so nothing out of the ordinary equity wise.

But with the way the hand plays out, I have the 1 single hand I can possibly have that doesn't have AJ crushed.

JJ/QQ/KK/AA/AK/AQ are all a significant favourite over AJ.

A loose 99 and TT are prob the absolute best case scenarios for the villain.

Ofc I have the bottom of my range, he some how miracles a flip situation, and after that the result is inevitable.
    WATERTAXI Sit out     
    joburns06 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £3.51
    shaun399 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £20.53
     Your hole cards

NOMADICUS Call  £0.30 £0.75 £29.29
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £35.12
    joburns06 All-in  £3.51 £5.46 £0.00
    shaun399 Call  £3.36 £8.82 £17.17
    NOMADICUS Call  £3.36 £12.18 £25.93
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £35.12 £47.30 £0.00
    shaun399 All-in  £17.17 £64.47 £0.00
    NOMADICUS Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £15.49 £48.98 £15.49
    joburns06 Show
    • A

shaun399 Show
    • J
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

shaun399 Win Pair of Jacks £47.18  £47.18
    Down quite abit now, would stand any other time, but I'm not playing bad yet and the tables are still good.

Hands 5 & 6

QQ < AA v shorties twice in 5 minutes.
    WATERTAXI Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £75.42
    joburns06 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £6.70
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

mccaw03 Fold     
    shaun399 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £49.12
    NOMADICUS Call  £0.90 £2.25 £27.50
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.60 £5.85 £26.91
    WATERTAXI Fold     
    joburns06 All-in  £6.70 £12.55 £0.00
    shaun399 Fold     
    NOMADICUS Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.40 £15.95 £23.51
    joburns06 Show
    • A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

• A

River

joburns06 Win Full House, Aces and 9s £15.15  £15.15
    Nice spot to find AA dude, cheers dealer.
    shaun399 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £20.15
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £33.61
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Hubzter Fold     
    frankban09 Fold     
    whiteman10 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £22.28
    geezer1986 Raise  £1.80 £2.55 £12.66
    shaun399 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.20 £6.75 £29.41
    whiteman10 Fold     
    geezer1986 All-in  £12.66 £19.41 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £9.96 £29.37 £19.45
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • Q

geezer1986 Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• K

geezer1986 Win Full House, 2s and Aces £27.90  £27.90
    As above. nh.

Hand 7

Ahhhhh hello pocket Queens again.
    ScottWin Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.55
    henners10 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £43.42
    stacker59 Sit out     
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

cyberdog Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £44.41
    killiefc1 Call  £0.90 £2.25 £16.48
    ScottWin Call  £0.75 £3.00 £28.80
    henners10 Fold     
    Flop

ScottWin Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.80 £4.80 £42.61
    killiefc1 Call  £1.80 £6.60 £14.68
    ScottWin Raise  £5.10 £11.70 £23.70
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £42.61 £54.31 £0.00
    killiefc1 Fold     
    ScottWin All-in  £23.70 £78.01 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £15.61 £62.40 £15.61
    ScottWin Show
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

• A

River

ScottWin Win Two Pairs, Aces and 10s £60.60  £60.60
    Goodbye a stack again.

nh

Hand 8

A few more farmiliar names at the tables now, I'm getting tilted, and down a load.

Think I start playing badly.

Ah yeh, we're HU at this point.

Doesn't stop people flopping the nuts though :(
    geezer1986 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £71.13
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £45.07
     Your hole cards
    • Q

geezer1986 Call  £0.15 £0.60 £70.98
    DOHHHHHHH Check     
    Flop

• Q
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £0.45 £1.05 £44.62
    geezer1986 Raise  £0.90 £1.95 £70.08
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.45 £2.40 £44.17
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    geezer1986 Bet  £2.40 £4.80 £67.68
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.40 £7.20 £41.77
    River

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    geezer1986 Bet  £5.40 £12.60 £62.28
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £5.40 £18.00 £36.37
    geezer1986 Show
    • K
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Muck
    • Q

geezer1986 Win Straight to the Ace £17.10  £79.38
    TY river :(

Hand 9

Regs getting there through the backdoor :P

Loose call down maybe.

Sigh sigh sigh, miss 1 time?
    killiefc1 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £9.52
    henners10 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £56.49
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

cyberdog Fold     
    stacker59 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £33.55
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.90 £2.25 £29.18
    killiefc1 Fold     
    henners10 Raise  £1.80 £4.05 £54.69
    stacker59 Call  £1.20 £5.25 £32.35
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £6.45 £27.98
    Flop

• K

henners10 Check     
    stacker59 Bet  £3.30 £9.75 £29.05
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.30 £13.05 £24.68
    henners10 Fold     
    Turn

stacker59 Bet  £6.30 £19.35 £22.75
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £6.30 £25.65 £18.38
    River

stacker59 All-in  £22.75 £48.40 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £18.38 £66.78 £0.00
    stacker59 Unmatched bet  £4.37 £62.41 £4.37
    stacker59 Show
    • A
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • Q

stacker59 Win Flush to the Ace £60.61  £64.98
    Hand 10

HU again verses a nit.

Looks like a cooler, probably isn't.

Exactly 30 seconds after the previous hand......

£60 swing the wrong way :(
    Bergman Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £31.26
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £41.98
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Bergman Raise  £0.75 £1.20 £30.51
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.00 £4.20 £38.98
    Bergman Raise  £7.20 £11.40 £23.31
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £38.98 £50.38 £0.00
    Bergman All-in  £23.31 £73.69 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £10.87 £62.82 £10.87
    Bergman Show
    • Q
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

• A

Turn

• A

River

Bergman Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens £61.82  £61.82
    Hand 11

lol @ this hand.

Probably the first talking point in 11 hands. Nice hand selection DOHHHHHHHH.

Is this always QT?

I doubt I'm ever winning, and we're deep, I don't fancy calling him down and being shown the stone nuts again.

Maybe a bad fold idk.

Thoughts?
    henners10 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £43.91
    cyberdog Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.70
    abby67 Big blind  £0.30 £0.75 £12.95
     Your hole cards
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £82.21
    abby67 Fold     
    mike8184 Fold     
    shaylad Fold     
    henners10 Call  £1.05 £3.00 £42.86
    cyberdog Fold     
    Flop

• J

henners10 Bet  £2.25 £5.25 £40.61
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.25 £7.50 £79.96
    Turn

henners10 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.10 £12.60 £74.86
    henners10 Raise  £18.38 £30.98 £22.23
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    henners10 Muck     
    henners10 Win  £16.81  £39.04
    henners10 Return  £13.28 £0.89 £52.32
    Hand 12

12th and final hand.

Probably apt that it's against Geezer who has been tormenting me all afternoon.

Think I just gave up and closed off after this 1.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceACEGOONER Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £56.89 Beniu Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £24.00  Your hole cards K Q    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £85.00 Gandalf300 Call  £0.90 £2.25 £15.86 geezer1986 Call  £0.90 £3.15 £79.32 ACEGOONER Fold     Beniu Fold     Flop  Q 8 J    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.36 £5.51 £82.64 Gandalf300 Fold     geezer1986 Call  £2.36 £7.87 £76.96 Turn  K    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.70 £13.57 £76.94 geezer1986 Raise  £11.40 £24.97 £65.56 DOHHHHHHH Call  £5.70 £30.67 £71.24 River  9    DOHHHHHHH Check     geezer1986 Bet  £15.34 £46.01 £50.22 DOHHHHHHH Call  £15.34 £61.35 £55.90 geezer1986 Show 10 A    DOHHHHHHH Muck K Q    geezer1986 Win Straight to the Ace £59.55  £109.77

Maybe I can/should fold the river.

Shouldn't have Tx with his line though, didn't think he could have AT.

Nice of the dealer to pull his absolute gin card out on the turn though.

Why wouldn't he make the nuts again?

ouejfviejfipvjierfmjvpiefrvj

Should fold the river for sure.

I'm not really in the mood for folding at this stage though ;)

So that was a disaster, - £120. sigh.

Went on to play the top of the pots freeroll.

It went pretty much to plan, I outlasted the massive fish of the field, and then found the going tougher against the 4 more competent players.

Got it in earlyish with 5 reamining, I 3b AK over a cut off open, got 4b and ofc put it in.

Very standard tournament scenario, QQ of GaryQQQ holding against the AK :( nh.

He went on to take it down, (my chips always win ;)) congrats gary, and Paige for getting 2nd.

End result is a -£105 start to the month.

-------------------

I tilt opened the .fr lobby, and entered 2x 50 euro HU hyper sngs.

Pretty brutal 100euro suckout in game 1.

Flop the nuts again? why not!

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/1967124_6293019B62
    (link working now. and it's the right 1 this time :P)

And lose a 100euro flip in game 2.  33 < AJ aipf. Ace on the riverrrrrrrrrr sigh. 
    http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/1967092_D3E770A3F1

#standard lol.

Run better today plz.

Hope you all had better starts to the month, good luck all playing today!
  • edited February 2013
    A brutal day to say the least JJ!!!

The portents are always there early but we all think" it'll turn, I'll get it back and then some...."

It seldom does....

UL Fella, head up, onwards and upwards ;)
  • edited February 2013
    nice hands )

ul

Know how you feel though, you end thinking they alwasy gonna have +1 and stop v/b rivers and start c/f
    And don't get me started with shorties waiting for AA/KK, they need a slap )

hurts.......

• edited February 2013
    Thanks for the Congrats Dohhhhhhh on this thread for my second place in top of the posts,best wishes to you paige xxxx
  • edited February 2013
    after all that you only down 120! 4 buy ins! nothing out of the ordinary there mate :P, good call on hangin around if you felt you are playing well and the games are good.

But as you know when you play fishy randoms variance is high and its easy to make bad calls because we put them ranges thats way off, or dont give them credit etc (huge leak in my game btw), giving money to fish pis ses me off as you may never see them again..
  • edited February 2013
    Thats a pretty bad session - VUL . You could have so easily been 4 buy ins up ratherthan down but i,m sure it wont take long to getback - GL

Paul
  • edited February 2013
    Hand History #618420090 (19:23 04/02/2013)
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    BigHawk89 Small blind £0.15 £0.15 £30.00
    ACEGOONER Big blind £0.30 £0.45 £42.38
      Your hole cards
    A
    K

wudibluff Fold
    bickers1 Fold
    Sarez Fold
    KATHY1989 Raise £0.90 £1.35 £22.16
    BigHawk89 Fold
    ACEGOONER Raise £2.40 £3.75 £39.98
    KATHY1989 Raise £10.80 £14.55 £11.36
    ACEGOONER All-in £39.98 £54.53 £0.00
    KATHY1989 All-in £11.36 £65.89 £0.00
    ACEGOONER Unmatched bet £19.62 £46.27 £19.62
    ACEGOONER Show
    A
    K
    KATHY1989 Show
    Flop

Q

Turn

River

KATHY1989 Win Pair of 4s £44.47 £44.4

Allright JJ good to catch up on saturday, I know exactly where you are coming from get it in ahead and this happens. Well it has for the last 48 hours for me, neg variance sucks! 
  • edited February 2013
    Hand History #618420090 (19:23 04/02/2013) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance BigHawk89 Small blind £0.15 £0.15 £30.00 ACEGOONER Big blind £0.30 £0.45 £42.38   Your hole cards A K       wudibluff Fold bickers1 Fold Sarez Fold KATHY1989 Raise £0.90 £1.35 £22.16 BigHawk89 Fold ACEGOONER Raise £2.40 £3.75 £39.98 KATHY1989 Raise £10.80 £14.55 £11.36 ACEGOONER All-in £39.98 £54.53 £0.00 KATHY1989 All-in £11.36 £65.89 £0.00 ACEGOONER Unmatched bet £19.62 £46.27 £19.62 ACEGOONER Show A K KATHY1989 Show 5 4 Flop     6 7 Q       Turn     4       River     9       KATHY1989 Win Pair of 4s £44.47 £44.4 Allright JJ good to catch up on saturday, I know exactly where you are coming from get it in ahead and this happens. Well it has for the last 48 hours for me, neg variance sucks! 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    sigh gooner.

With her 4bet sizing in that hand I'd be thinking "sighhhhhhhhhhh here we go again, lets see your aces luv"

It's weird like you have the nut hand there, AK, everyone knows that's the nuts, but something kak like pocket 6s plays so much better v her hand.

Always seem to have AK when they have the small pair, and TT when they have the KJo or whatever.

Varience at work again I spose.

Have you started the ball rolling with .fr yet? Hoggers is half way through the verification process. It's not that much work really you just have to wait for the letter to be delivered to your house to verify your home address. Only takes 10 mins to sort it. More success on there t'other day, will write it up now.

Oh & stop winding Chillie up!

By stop, I mean carry on.

looool
  • edited February 2013
    Thats a pretty bad session - VUL . You could have so easily been 4 buy ins up ratherthan down but i,m sure it wont take long to getback - GL Paul
    Posted by MP33
    Cheers Paul. Problem is I've been trying to 'get it back' for ages now, the cash hole is just getting deeper and deeper! I hope you're right!

Btw was looking on the 'specials' tab on willhill today, there's a market for what day the Royal Baby is going to be born on, the odds are as follows...

Monday - 6/1
    Tuesday - 6/1
    Wednesday - 6/1
    Thursday - 6/1
    Friday - 6/1
    Saturday - 6/1
    Sunday - 6/1

What do you think? Is there any value to be had in any of those? I'm sure you can find an edge with your extensive betting experience ;)

after all that you only down 120! 4 buy ins! nothing out of the ordinary there mate :P, good call on hangin around if you felt you are playing well and the games are good. But as you know when you play fishy randoms variance is high and its easy to make bad calls because we put them ranges thats way off, or dont give them credit etc (huge leak in my game btw), giving money to fish pis ses me off as you may never see them again..
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Never really thought about how the fish % effects varience!

I'm sure that makes me a fish myself :)

Was watching abit of 50nl the other day when I saw the phenom 'kidwiz' sat with like 600xbb on every table. Saw him set over set you for ~120xbb.

Where do you stand? Is he a genius, a lucky donk, or somewhere inbetween?

He certainly seems good for the games! lol. 83% vpip ftw. :D