You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    My week of trying to 'win' a 20xbi 50nl bankroll to finally take a proper shot hasn't gone according to plan. Firstly, I spent most of the time playing 50nl instead of trying to build at 30.   Secondly, I spent most of the time losing. We had -1 buyin. +5 buyins. -6 buyins. The last session was just hurrendous, I wasn't going to play at all, but decided at half time in the Chelsea v Spurs game I'd play for a couple of hours. Bad decision. Got into some really weird meta-game war with some guy I haven't even played that much before. I know he's a winner on Sky at all levels, 30nl thru 100nl, and I know he's quite loose aggressive, but before the session we hadn't had too much history. The 'battle' started with me being coolered. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance timbo57 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £51.37 Troyvus Sitout         DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £48.77   Your hole cards K K       xxx  Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £60.00 lynx3ffect Fold         deekster Fold         timbo57 Fold         DOHHHHHHH Raise   £5.00 £7.25 £43.77 xxx  Raise   £10.00 £17.25 £50.00 DOHHHHHHH All-in   £43.77 £61.02 £0.00 xxx Call   £37.77 £98.79 £12.23 DOHHHHHHH Show K K       xxx Show A A       Flop     J J 5       Turn     6       River     9       xxx  Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks £96.99   £109.22 Turned into me getting a couple of 'beats' Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance shawsok Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £63.18 DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £47.00   Your hole cards A K       lynx3ffect Fold         hndlkcool Fold         xxx  Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £102.98 rb520174 Fold         shawsok Fold         DOHHHHHHH Raise   £5.00 £7.25 £42.00 xxx  Raise   £16.00 £23.25 £86.98 DOHHHHHHH All-in   £42.00 £65.25 £0.00 xxx Call   £30.00 £95.25 £56.98 DOHHHHHHH Show A K       xxx  Show K J       Flop     10 4 J       Turn     J       River     7       xxx Win Three Jacks £93.45   £150.43 Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance lynx3ffect Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £52.18 DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £133.12 JoeySmooth Sit out           Your hole cards 10 A       jackl Fold         timbo57 Fold         xxx  Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £49.07 lynx3ffect Call   £1.25 £3.50 £50.93 DOHHHHHHH Raise   £6.00 £9.50 £127.12 xxx  Raise   £10.00 £19.50 £39.07 lynx3ffect Fold         DOHHHHHHH All-in   £127.12 £146.62 £0.00 xxx  All-in   £39.07 £185.69 £0.00 DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet   £83.05 £102.64 £83.05 DOHHHHHHH Show 10 A       xxx  Show K 9       Flop     8 9 4       Turn     Q       River     4       xxx Win Two Pairs, 9s and 4s £100.84   £100.84 And ended with me totally losing the plot. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance lynx3ffect Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £60.00 DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £74.52   Your hole cards 5 3       rancid Fold         jackl Raise   £2.00 £2.75 £45.00 shawsok Call   £2.00 £4.75 £155.09 xxx  Raise   £6.50 £11.25 £73.99 lynx3ffect Fold         DOHHHHHHH Raise   £13.00 £24.25 £61.52 jackl Fold         shawsok Fold         xxx  Call   £7.00 £31.25 £66.99 Flop     4 4 J       DOHHHHHHH Bet   £6.00 £37.25 £55.52 xxx  Call   £6.00 £43.25 £60.99 Turn     8       DOHHHHHHH Bet   £16.00 £59.25 £39.52 xxx  Call   £16.00 £75.25 £44.99 River     5       DOHHHHHHH All-in   £39.52 £114.77 £0.00 xxx All-in   £44.99 £159.76 £0.00 xxx  Unmatched bet   £5.47 £154.29 £5.47 DOHHHHHHH Show 5 3       xxx Show J J       xxx  Win Full House, Jacks and 4s £152.49   £157.96 Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance 900KING Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £29.25 DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £101.90   Your hole cards 4 4       JoeySmooth Fold         jackl Fold         timbo57 Fold         xxx Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £78.31 900KING Fold         DOHHHHHHH Raise   £4.00 £6.25 £97.90 xxx  Call   £3.00 £9.25 £75.31 Flop     Q 3 9       DOHHHHHHH Bet   £4.50 £13.75 £93.40 xxx Call   £4.50 £18.25 £70.81 Turn     6       DOHHHHHHH Check         xxx  Bet   £8.50 £26.75 £62.31 DOHHHHHHH Call   £8.50 £35.25 £84.90 River     A       DOHHHHHHH Check         xxx  Bet   £27.50 £62.75 £34.81 DOHHHHHHH All-in   £84.90 £147.65 £0.00 xxx All-in   £34.81 £182.46 £0.00 DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet   £22.59 £159.87 £22.59 DOHHHHHHH Show 4 4       xxx  Show 6 6       xxx Win Three 6s £158.07   £158.07 All those hands (and a couple of others for stacks) were against the same opponent. How do you play like 40% of hands and have a set everytime you go beyond the turn? And the times you don't, just get there anyway. Ugh So I lost that battle, 7 stacks to 1. Add in the 3 buyins I lose to Rancid every session nowardays (guy crushes me), and I think I did ok to 'get out' minus 6 buyins. ----------------- Pretty annoying, I'm really fancying a proper crack at that level for once. These random spewy/tilty shots are just delaying it. Traditionally bounce back well from these kind of set backs (I've had enough practise). So I'm hoping for a strong Friday/Sunday double session back at 30nl (sigh). Have enjoyed the recent 'shots' though, and have the motivation to get organised and take my first proper/structered 50nl shot. Might just win the HOT20 on .fr this afternoon then I'll be able to play again tonight! :) Come rail me 50nl regs, bring you're run good and you will be rewarded with my pennies t'neet! Diary back on hold until I can start 50nl properly. Looking to make 20 buyins at 30nl, in a donkeyfest, on a sports bet (pffft) or a combo of the 3 before going in with 20bi for 50nl. If this weekend goes really well, It might be early next week! More realistically, next weekend though. Run gud all this w/e!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

You say this is a winning player?? Hands 2 and 3 where shocking. You cant even say he was playing the man when is he ever getting it in good pre with k9! 

Clearly the last few hands where tiltament, ul. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : You say this is a winning player?? Hands 2 and 3 where shocking. You cant even say he was playing the man when is he ever getting it in good pre with k9!  Clearly the last few hands where tiltament, ul. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    You know villain well.

I once tried to convince him you were a follower of Newaubianism.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : You say this is a winning player?? Hands 2 and 3 where shocking. You cant even say he was playing the man when is he ever getting it in good pre with k9!  Clearly the last few hands where tiltament, ul. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    maybe he was basing his play on DOHHHHHHHH's clinic posts - he would have thought he was way ahead!
    but DOHHHHHHHH creative is good - tilt not so - be careful
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : maybe he was basing his play on DOHHHHHHHH's clinic posts - he would have thought he was way ahead! but DOHHHHHHHH creative is good - tilt not so - be careful
    Posted by GELDY
    Yah loose image is a double edged sword! Still haven't learnt to manage the image properly yet.

fwiw re my above post, if anyone is confused, this is my personal favourite Nuwaubian belief.

"People were once perfectly symmetrical and ambidextrous, but then a meteorite struck Earth and tilted its axis causing handedness and shifting the heart off-center in the chest"

Thoughts? @Acegooner #lol

-----

edit* more of this today plz :D

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/3096524_B0B3097F75
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : You know villain well. I once tried to convince him you were a follower of Newaubianism.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

......" is a religious organization founded and led by Dwight York".

This is what I got from wilkipedia, didnt you know I hate jordan!

Mmmm I know the player well, his name doesnt begin in a and end in r,  does it??
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : ......" is a religious organization founded and led by  Dwight York ". This is what I got from wilkipedia, didnt you know I hate jordan! Mmmm I know the player well, his name doesnt begin in a and end in r,  does it??
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    No!

At the risk of this turning in to 'guess the alias', I have no idea who you're thinking of!

Unless u think it's you? Amnesiaments. 

I read you're concentrating on mtts nowardays? 

Really is criminal if that's the case and you still don't have an .fr account, esp if you play early doors/afternoons. They're ideal, soft, not too big (runners), varying buyins and formats (rebuys/turbos/freezeouts/6max/fullring). 

There's zillions of fish already, so I dnt really need to go recruiting. But 1 more wont hurt. 

Get signed up. 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : No! At the risk of this turning in to 'guess the alias', I have no idea who you're thinking of! Unless u think it's you? Amnesiaments.  I read you're concentrating on mtts nowardays?  Really is criminal if that's the case and you still don't have an .fr account, esp if you play early doors/afternoons. They're ideal, soft, not too big (runners), varying buyins and formats (rebuys/turbos/freezeouts/6max/fullring).  There's zillions of fish already, so I dnt really need to go recruiting. But 1 more wont hurt.  Get signed up. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Yes its MTTs mainly, my cash skills have gone downhill since the likes of lambert have stepped up and I keep on trying to stack him with two jokers! 

This is an example of sky pokers incompetence, they run loads of £50 gtee bh's which are basically 10-12 max sngs, everyone of these either hits or exceeds the gtee. So you cant say they are losing any money. Well with effect from this morning they reduce the gtee to £30! why why why! You mentioned the rake being insane, as long as my roi stays at its current levels its not a prob.

Then this evening, the only speed rebuy available that normally attracts 90-110 runners, they have reduced the gtee from £400 down to £300. I will take a look at pokerstars fr but I have just over two weeks off now to prepare for exams, so I am not sure its a good idea to sign up to a new poker site when the afternoon schedule on sky is soo bad I would rather study! Definitely one for the future. I have no loyalty to sky I am afraid, they cant even say they are unique with currency offering as most other sites can operate in £ and have tables in £.  

This is ytd stats which are much improved on prev years, I seriously needed to improve and now I have a poker buddy who is an ex pro, its really helped as the stats show. 

• edited May 2013
    Ok JJ finally done the pokerstars fr thing, im getting peeved with sky and its time to take a look at other sites. I see there are some juicy rebuys in the morning, luvly jubbly!

Sky have hacked me off no end recently, the final straw being the 6:30pm rebuy gtee being reduced to £300, result even less players bothering. Why dont sky use their initiative and run a £500 or £1000 gtee rebuy every night as a micro with £2 entry, start it at the same time as the mini.

I will play sky as my main site but from now on, I am no longer a 1 site player. 
  • edited May 2013
    Ok JJ finally done the pokerstars fr thing, im getting peeved with sky and its time to take a look at other sites. I see there are some juicy rebuys in the morning, luvly jubbly! Sky have hacked me off no end recently, the final straw being the 6:30pm rebuy gtee being reduced to £300, result even less players bothering. Why dont sky use their initiative and run a £500 or £1000 gtee rebuy every night as a micro with £2 entry, start it at the same time as the mini. I will play sky as my main site but from now on, I am no longer a 1 site player. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Sky for cash 100%.

MTTs with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 here, you're way better off elsewhere.

The rake on .fr is bad, don't use it for any kind of sng or cash game, you'll get rinced.

The MTT rake is high, but that's not a big deal. They also rake rebuys, but whatever, what's an extra 20cents when you're shooting @ 1k.

When you get it sorted re-add me on skype and I'll join the same MTT schedule. See how we do against eachother! It's good motivation.

I will keep the comedy racist comments to a minimum, although with some of the beats you'll recieve from the Frogs & your inclination to go crackers in the chatbox, It will be tough for you to do the same! Esp given the nature of MTTs.

I normally enter 7 or 8 between 10.30am and 2pm, for a total of like 35-40e, see them out then look at moving over to Sky cash around 5ish (or hopefully later if I'm deep!).

It hasn't been going too well recently, after going through a period of winning a 250e+ prize every week for 6 weeks things have slowed down and the graph is dipping!

Nothing to do with the standard though, it's still P poor.

Big day in the prem today, you'll have to overcome your la-di-da hatred of Stoke and hope they beat Spurs.

In an ideal scenario, Stoke win today, Wigan beat Arsenal, Arsenal win the last game of the season, and Wigan beat Villa to survive.

Ar/s win me £50, and Wigan stay up.

Also the most exciting way to win the bet!

C'mon Crouchy !!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    So I'm hoping for a strong Friday/Sunday double session back at 30nl (sigh). 
    Looking to make 20 buyins at 30nl, in a donkeyfest, on a sports bet (pffft) or a combo of the 3 before going in with 20bi for 50nl. If this weekend goes really well, It might be early next week! More realistically, next weekend though. Run gud all this w/e!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nearly there!

Been a good weekend, Friday I took down a small 2e turbo rebuy on .fr for 120 euros, and backed it up with a +£140 cash session on sky 30nl.

Today I took down the 20e hyper turbo HU mtt on .fr winning 6 consecuative games for 230e plus 10e per game and my own head prize, so a 310e score there!

Played 1 game on sky, the £2r turbo, and finished 3rd for £45, was £120 ftw, had a 350k /> 140k > 60k chip lead 3 handed, how did I finish 3rd from there? I'm pretty special right :(

1 more good session/bink and we could be starting 50nl properly by the back end of this week!

Really excited about it. I probably should have done this 2 years ago, but better late than never! Hope it goes well :D
  • edited May 2013
    Really nice results! Well done.

End of the week or sooner!
  • edited May 2013
    probably should have done this 2 years ago, but better late than never!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    QFT :)
  • edited May 2013
    Really nice results! Well done. End of the week or sooner!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Cheers Henrik, hopefully start diarying it with bankroll updates next Thursday. Or if Tuesday doesn't go great, maybe next Saturday. Hopefully no later though.

Away from poker....

One of my favourite ever British sitcom scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPlbiSCMoSU

Incredible. lololol
  • edited May 2013
    lol dont know if you get Mrs Brown's boys in england

But it's the funnnniest thing ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW8yXL6Ttgo
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day.:
    In Response to Re: Every Don has its day. : Geldy strongly advises against playing marginal hands out of position ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

that I do - have to maintain my image - don't I?
    meanwhile it's always worth looking at the more creative players and trying out some of their ideas
    I mean, there's one madman in the clinic who is always trying these things on.......
  • edited May 2013
    Come on Wigan tomorrow night please! :) 

I really don't know you are so anti Dean Saunders fwiw, can you elaborate on your reasons please?

• edited May 2013
    Id like to ask how you are currently getting on and what you are currently playing 
  • edited May 2013
    Id like to ask how you are currently getting on and what you are currently playing 
    Posted by The_Don90
    +1 - also thoughts on Paul Dickov? interesting appointment considering he hardly did alot at oldham to warrant being given the job of a championship club.
  • edited May 2013

Alright lads.

Really not alot to report, or I would have been posting

Think I wrote somewhere on the forum around the 11th of this month that I had 2,000 points, and if I were to keep up that volume for the latter 2 thirds of the month I'd have hit a record 6k points.

Currently have 2,300.

So that should give you an idea of how much it's slowed down.

Most of my volume has been on .fr.

I was on a 600e downswing until recently but a few decent scores have repaired the damage.

Shud be ok to link the graph.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/chartiz.jpg/

fwiw after the initial 200 games or so, that graph is 100% MTTs.

It looks like an mtt graph should look, with sizeable spikes broken up by downward swings, as obviously you can't crush every mtt and you're going to go through periods where you just brick every mtt.

Totally different to my sky graph, where over a sample of around 2,500 mtts (mtt only graph) there are only maybe 1 or 2 noticeable spikes, and not really any downswings.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/skymtts.jpg/

Spose it says alot about the field sizes (lower variance) and also about the standard/how easily crushable they are.

I played some over on sky on Tuesday, won the velocity for £80ish, 3rd in the £2 rebuy that starts around 6ish for £50ish. Also won that comp late last week.

Had stacks in the main and mini too, turbo night is ace. Didn't flip very well though. Lost 2 big flips in each (probably the only 4 flips I lost anywhere all night).

I'm currently looking to buy a new PC tower to go with the monitor I already have. My rough specifications that I'm after are in another forum thread linked here....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a66f8313c-ff3f-43bc-bfab-4f4e6de5383e

All details in the opening post.

Any help really would be appreciated. Think people have started getting annoyed with me on the thread so wont post there anymore but if any1 can help me by linking a PC it wud be awesome. Cheers.
  • edited May 2013
    That doesnt answer the Dickov question 
  • edited May 2013

Content with the Dickov appointment.

Would have preferred Warnock but that was never going to happen. None of the genuine candidates really got me excited tbh, I like Dickovs style, his man management and motivational skills should help in a relegation fight.

We were never going to outplay teams with the squad we have, so until some rich Arab guy buys our club and invests 300m in the squad, I'm happy with a 'battler' at the helm. ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Hi DOHHHHHHH, you're TKP, yeah?

But you don't seem to be much of a team player

Is that a comment about you, or TKP?
  • edited June 2013
    Hi DOHHHHHHH, y ou're TKP, yeah? But you don't seem to be much of a team player Is that a comment about you, or TKP?
    Posted by GELDY

Is this an English question where I have to interpret wether the comment is about me, or tkp?

Or are they 3 individual questions/comments aimed at me?

Confused!
  • edited June 2013
    Nice one Dohhhhhhh

A simple no comment would have sufficed but your answer made me laugh. God you are running well lately I see. I've had a break recently and just playing deep stacks for fun really to get a feel for the game again and some enjoyment. Played a couple of BH's the other night which tilted me with some of the play I saw. I'd even cashed but not realised because it really was like watching paint dry pre flop but a massive pub fight post flop. Sheer madness at times! Fun if you run good I suppose but lacking real poker considerations in my opinion. All the best fella

Ps six week cruise and Singapore was great, Petra probably the highlight!!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Is this an English question where I have to interpret wether the comment is about me, or tkp? Or are they 3 individual questions/comments aimed at me? Confused!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    try parsing it using a skypoker context

but to make it easier for you i will give some hints:

you are a member of a team
    you don't refer to your team much in your comments
    you do not post much on your teams thread
    you have made comments critical of the increasing size of teams in the past

and i was wondering what was the common theme linking these facts.

could it be that:

you disagree with the team concept in general
    or the current team setup
    or your team in particular
    or you prefer to be a discrete teamplayer
    or ydgas
    etc
    etc

thought you might have an interesting angle on this, as you do on most things

but maybe i was mistaken

must have been another DOHHHHHHHH i was thinking of
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : try parsing it using a skypoker context but to make it easier for you i will give some hints: you are a member of a team you don't refer to your team much in your comments you do not post much on your teams thread you have made comments critical of the increasing size of teams in the past and i was wondering what was the common theme linking these facts. could it be that: you disagree with the team concept in general or the current team setup or your team in particular or you prefer to be a discrete teamplayer or ydgas etc etc thought you might have an interesting angle on this, as you do on most things but maybe i was mistaken must have been another DOHHHHHHHH i was thinking of
    Posted by GELDY
    I'm not.

And haven't been for about 3/4 months now.

I was briefly a member of TKP, I'd made a few poker friends on here, the don, greghogg, giant, trip5, etc who asked me to join but as I wasn't on facebook and dont attend SPTs I didn't see much point.

When I found out about spotify, I had to create a facebook account, and therefore thought I'd give it a go.

It was alright for a while, got to know 1 or 2 other sky players a bit better but nothing much really changed, I was still talking poker with the same 5/6 people as before (tkpers) and 1 or 2 new ones on top.

Didn't see what I or they were getting out of it, so left a good 3+ months ago.

My thoughts re team sizes is that when a group becomes too big you lose alot of key team qualities. I'd love to put a test in front of all tpters/ths'ers etc and ask each and every team member to list each and every one of their teammates alias's.

I'd expect a <50% average for other teams and />95% for TKP.

This is why I believe tkp are still the best team.

Teams are great for recreational players. Poker needs recreational players to survive. I'm 100% behind teams.

I had a problem with the dym team, purely becuse calling yourself "team dym" isn't a great idea when there is so much scope for/suspicion of collusion in that particular format. Now they are dragons, and their locations don't show at the tables, it's fine.

Never doubted their integrity/honesty, just doesn't look good to new players sitting down to see he's playing against team-mates, I'm sure most people can understand that.
  • edited June 2013
    that's more like it

the right DOHHHHHHHH after all

thanks, something to peruse
  • edited June 2013
    In a follow up question to the one asked by Geldy, i suspect i know the answer.

IF Sky done another team based promotion, would you 

A) Rejoing TKP

B) Attempt to re-form Team Dohhhhhh

C) Play with some French people
  • edited June 2013
    In a follow up question to the one asked by Geldy, i suspect i know the answer. IF Sky done another team based promotion, would you  A) Rejoing TKP B) Attempt to re-form Team Dohhhhhh C) Play with some French people
    Posted by The_Don90
    If the defending champions weren't to enter, it would de-value the competition.

So the answer is B, team DOHHHHHHHH would be back to retain our title.

French people welcome to apply.
  • edited June 2013

Were you in TKP then?.....never noticed.

The usual party line is you will be welcomed back whenever you want, so I best go with that :)

PS.....can I play for Team Dohhhh if you reform, my team is full of clueless donks (dont tell them that though)