You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Chicken Stu:p

Fair enough mate. Good luck with your 1000 games, 8-1- ROI:D Nice wee 400-500 quidders lol

Seen as you won't take my tenner, fancy a few games sometime?
  • edited July 2013
    hey doh any chance you can do me a big favour buddy can you pm me my sharkscope stats on mtts from the start this year.

It won`t let me use the data range because I have no searches left,plus reason want to know is i`m trying to improve my mtt results they have really sucked last couple of years but volume haven`t been great either.

really appreciate it if you can do that for me m8 thanks.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    hey doh any chance you can do me a big favour buddy can you pm me my sharkscope stats on mtts from the start this year. It won`t let me use the data range because I have no searches left,plus reason want to know is i`m trying to improve my mtt results they have really sucked last couple of years but volume haven`t been great either. really appreciate it if you can do that for me m8 thanks.
    Posted by liamboi11
    PM sent.

------

Also just remembered Yorks v Lancs T20 game is live on sky tomorrow evening, starting around 6ish. 

That prob means I'll be lucky to get 5 HU games in tomorrow nevermind 50 :(

• edited July 2013
    Still way ahead of expected roi, but good start to month. Havent really got going yet with volume. But that will come!

Played 76 
    Ave Stake  $8.23 
    Ave profit  $1.19
    Roi 15.2% 
    Profit $90 

• edited July 2013
    Nice going Ace, i tilted massively last night, had a brutal run and then made it ten times worse for myself going up to the 21s eventually ended up down about 200ish not even going to moan about some of the hands i saw. Hopefully have taught myself a lesson though, hoping to get some games in this afternoon don't even want to look at the state of my scope and getting a positive roi could be a challenge in it itself now lol gl at the tables.

Games: 313
    Av stake: £8.01
    Roi: -1.1 %
    Profit- -£141

Going to be a slog turning that around now i have enforced a ban on myself to go no higher than 5.25.
  • edited July 2013
    Really impressive results ace, very nice mate.

UL Ben, you will soon turn it around.
  • edited July 2013
    Too many fish in this thread ;)

Ben, that ROI should be easy enough to turn round, the profit might take abit longer though.

Too much sport on today, I'm gonna be really distracted! (it's not hard to distract me tbh)

Hope to at least get 20 games in though.

Fancy Murray might get turned over, and fear the worst for Yorkshire in the cricket. 4/1 Janowickz, 4/5 Lancashire would be a nice double!

Can't touch it myself tho, obv. C'mon YCCC!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Too many fish in this thread ;) Ben, that ROI should be easy enough to turn round, the profit might take abit longer though. Too much sport on today, I'm gonna be really distracted! (it's not hard to distract me tbh) Hope to at least get 20 games in though. Fancy Murray might get turned over, and fear the worst for Yorkshire in the cricket. 4/1 Janowickz, 4/5 Lancashire would be a nice double! Can't touch it myself tho, obv. C'mon YCCC!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'll duck out then after this post!

Derbyshire v Notts is the only match that matters tonight
  • edited July 2013
    Brutal turn around Benc but I'm sure you can turn it back the other way.

If anyone would be kind enough to skope my HU SnGs for July so far and post it here then it would help me out and probably cheer you up :)
  • edited July 2013
    Nice going Ace, i tilted massively last night, had a brutal run and then made it ten times worse for myself going up to the 21s eventually ended up down about 200ish not even going to moan about some of the hands i saw. Hopefully have taught myself a lesson though, hoping to get some games in this afternoon don't even want to look at the state of my scope and getting a positive roi could be a challenge in it itself now lol gl at the tables. Games: 313 Av stake: £8.01 Roi: -1.1 % Profit- -£141 Going to be a slog turning that around now i have enforced a ban on myself to go no higher than 5.25.
    Posted by benc
    Been there worn the t shirt. Most important thing is you acknowledged what has happened. With HU sngs if you do the right things over time you will win money and its still early doors so nothing major to worry about especially given your long term record. 

I am applying a 100 buyin rule unless I see value at higher stakes. This morning I saw an unknown player at £20 hu std blinds. If it was a turbo or a hyper I would have snap refused it, but I felt with deeper stacks and 7 min blinds it should be an easy game. Unfortunately things dont work out that in life do they and I lost! Feeling tilted then proceeded to donk off what felt like the best part of 6x £5 turbos. Still had a recovery through the morning and made most of it back and some. I think when I scoped by daily performance I was up like 3 dollars for the day!

Its 13:50 and ive just been asleep for the last 2 hours, that is soo wrong! I dont mind mid afternoon kips but to go back to bed at 11:30am just shows how unfit I am. The weather is great, im gonna get out and start walking every day. Its criminal not to enjoy this weather and can only be good for the poker brain. Who knows, if I make a decent amount of profit this month, might treat myself to a bike.  

• edited July 2013
    Too many fish in this thread ;) Ben, that ROI should be easy enough to turn round, the profit might take abit longer though. Too much sport on today, I'm gonna be really distracted! (it's not hard to distract me tbh) Hope to at least get 20 games in though. Fancy Murray might get turned over, and fear the worst for Yorkshire in the cricket. 4/1 Janowickz, 4/5 Lancashire would be a nice double! Can't touch it myself tho, obv. C'mon YCCC!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL, did your school report read "JJ has bundles of ability but must try harder!"

20 games come on, thats an hours play man!
  • edited July 2013
    Brutal turn around Benc but I'm sure you can turn it back the other way. If anyone would be kind enough to skope my HU SnGs for July so far and post it here then it would help me out and probably cheer you up :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Games Played 140
    Av Profit -£0.73
    Av Stake £4.98
    Total ROI -13.9%
    Profit -£102

Sorry to say there is a nice fish bowl next to your name lol.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Games Played 140 Av Profit -£0.73 Av Stake £4.98 Total ROI -13.9% Profit -£102 Sorry to say there is a nice fish bowl next to your name lol.
    Posted by wason06
    Best first post on the thread ever imo

:D

#fish
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah i still got aload of volume to get in so not worried about the roi, 5s been going ok today havnt played many as at my mates who plays on sky as well duonross (saw you just had some battles with him ace), quite busy over weekend so dunno about volume but will post again at 500 games. GL all
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah i still got aload of volume to get in so not worried about the roi, 5s been going ok today havnt played many as at my mates who plays on sky as well duonross (saw you just had some battles with him ace), quite busy over weekend so dunno about volume but will post again at 500 games. GL all
    Posted by benc

Ahh hes your mate, unfair advantage ! So you saw my j7 call to duons 3 bet shove. Good advertising ftw!

I know which one of youse two id rather avoid ;)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Games Played 140 Av Profit -£0.73 Av Stake £4.98 Total ROI -13.9% Profit -£102 Sorry to say there is a nice fish bowl next to your name lol.
    Posted by wason06
    Sigh, cheers Wason, I knew roughly how bad things were just not ROI. Told ya it would cheer you up Benc!
  • edited July 2013
    1 final on the French sites today, we made a deal 3 handed with €25 left for the winner, when we were 3 handed.

I was 3rd in chips, and got €145 on the chop, 2nd paid 155 and first 250. IDK if it was the right thing to do, but it made it a + €100 day on the MTTs....

Great start on the HU's for me today, played truly awful, but binked so many hands where I just got owned, and won the first 4, making it an 8 game winning streak following on from the last session.

Have to take a break here to watch the conclusion of The Roses Match.

We have half a chance of defending a very poor total.

What an atmosphere at Headingley, what an occasion.

Come on Yorks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be ok to play a couple of hours straight HU after this game ends.

YORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKSHIRE !
  • edited July 2013
    1 final on the French sites today, we made a deal 3 handed with €25 left for the winner, when we were 3 handed. I was 3rd in chips, and got €145 on the chop, 2nd paid 155 and first 250. IDK if it was the right thing to do, but it made it a + €100 day on the MTTs.... Great start on the HU's for me today, played truly awful, but binked so many hands where I just got owned, and won the first 4, making it an 8 game winning streak following on from the last session. Have to take a break here to watch the conclusion of The Roses Match. We have half a chance of defending a very poor total. What an atmosphere at Headingley, what an occasion. Come on Yorks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be ok to play a couple of hours straight HU after this game ends. YORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKSHIRE !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Don't like deal to be honest. 
    Need to bring 1st place amount down
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Maybe didn't explain that v well jac...

I had 600k, 2 stacks of 1m.

payouts 122/155/244.

It's a turbo with blinds @ 20/40k.

I dealt for 144 with 25 left to play for up top? Felt like it was a good deal at the time, but I'm very inexperienced at this kinda thing.

What a great end to the Roses match, didn't do either team any good, but great drama.

At least we didn't get beat!!!!!

Fear the worst when we cross the Pennines to play at their place though.....

Now for Poker!...................
  • edited July 2013
    JJ, I'm well baffled by this!!!

I'm pretty sure you don't really care that much either way about 20 euro. You barely got more than what you'd have got for busting the very next hand but give up any chance of taking it down.

If stacks are 600k, 1m, 1m, and the total for top 3 is 521, we know edges aren't massive at this stage and if anything you should rate your own edge against like 95%+ of players so something like 160/180/180 seems fairer, but even then, chopping for such a small amount extra when there's 245 up top, I'd 100% just say no deal and play ftw.
  • edited July 2013

meh, maybe I got the numbers wrong.

3rd must have been less.

I just took the straight ICM numbers, whatever they were.

fwiw, with the 25 left to play for I still busted 3rd K6 < Q5 aipf

I've got no regrets, but maybe have to look into learning aboput these kinda negotiations.

VVVV small edge/High V at this stage.

• edited July 2013
    Deffo agree edges are small and it's V high variance, that's why he shouldn't get a HUGE amount more than you for having like 10xBB more than you, cos his situation really isn't THAT much better than yours.
  • edited July 2013
    1 final on the French sites today, we made a deal 3 handed with €25 left for the winner, when we were 3 handed. I was 3rd in chips, and got €145 on the chop, 2nd paid 155 and first 250. IDK if it was the right thing to do, but it made it a + €100 day on the MTTs.... Great start on the HU's for me today, played truly awful, but binked so many hands where I just got owned, and won the first 4, making it an 8 game winning streak following on from the last session. Have to take a break here to watch the conclusion of The Roses Match. We have half a chance of defending a very poor total. What an atmosphere at Headingley, what an occasion. Come on Yorks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be ok to play a couple of hours straight HU after this game ends. YORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKSHIRE !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Big Gob!

Nxt 2 games :(
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    paul10 Small blind  25.00 25.00 975.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  50.00 75.00 950.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

paul10 Raise  75.00 150.00 900.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  150.00 300.00 800.00
    paul10 Call  100.00 400.00 800.00
    Flop

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Bet  100.00 500.00 700.00
    paul10 Call  100.00 600.00 700.00
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    paul10 Bet  300.00 900.00 400.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  700.00 1600.00 0.00
    paul10 All-in  400.00 2000.00 0.00
    paul10 Show
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

River

• J

paul10 Win Flush to the King 2000.00  2000.00
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  25.00 25.00 810.00
    faither Big blind  50.00 75.00 1115.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Raise  75.00 150.00 735.00
    faither Call  50.00 200.00 1065.00
    Flop

• A

faither Bet  50.00 250.00 1015.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  735.00 985.00 0.00
    faither Call  685.00 1670.00 330.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

faither Show
    • Q

Turn

• Q

River

faither Win Two Pairs, Queens and 8s 1670.00  2000.00
    :(
  • edited July 2013
    Get a piece of paper stick it to your Laptop/PC screen and write on it

"5 hours of disciplined poker MIGHT win me £20, 5 Minutes of undisciplined poker MIGHT lose me £20"

All of our tight disciplined poker that brings us rewards that are hard earned, can often be ruined within 5 bad loose hands, KEEP THAT DISCIPLINE!!!!!!

5 minutes to lose £20, but a hell of a lot longer to regain it.
  • edited July 2013
    I watched JJ's FT where he chopped, was defo a decent deal. Dont think his edge was huge certainly from what i seen 1 was competent. 
  • edited July 2013

It seems I half updated yesterdays session last night. Made abit of a mess of it ! :/

Just to round off the results...

I almost got 20 games in, managed 19 in the end, winning 14 and losing 5, for an Roi of 40% and avg stake of $15.

Had to start mixing in £5 hypers and reg some £15.75 turbos when things were very slow.

Really not comfortable in the hypers anymore though, may have to start looking @ £5 turbos or even £10 speeds.

Graph is below.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/u5hs.jpg/

Have the ROI for the month around about where I want it now after that horrific start on July 1st.

Games - 77

Avg Stake - $18

ROI - 16%

Profit - $173

Sunday could go either way, but I'm predicting another small sample on the HU sngs, as we have the Murray Wimbledon distraction, and also Sunday is the day to take on the mtts and try and bink a biggie!

I finally have pokertracker installed and working well on my computer without any glitches etc, which means I can play more tables and not have to focus as much on each one, so probably going to try and play 15-20 mtts that start between 11am and 2pm tomorrow.

Could be expensive, but the law of averages suggests I have to make 1 FT!!!!

If they wanna deal I'll tell them to fo! ;)

Missed the lions this morning, just seen the result.

After watching the first 2 tests in full (not much of a Union fan) I'm amazed at that scoreline! What a thrashing!

Cheering on Lisiki in the Ladies final just about to start, and donating to the bookies w/ the channel 4 racing.

The sport just keeps coming!

GL to all playing this weekend!
  • edited July 2013
    Thats a sick roi JJ. Had I updated this morning I would have been talking about even more impressive figures over a much larger sample, sighhh. Why is it when I see what I think is value at a higher level, it turns out that I am the value! Stepped up to a £20 speed for a game against an unknown, played really badly and pushed when my op hit his flop right in the face. Then proceeded to tilt off half a dozen 5 quidders and run into another reg who is a good player but I think ive got a small edge, however, when your not playing well its not an +ev spot. 

So in my impatience to wait for tables to spawn after benc and other reg where sitting, I ended up chasing the original villain that I lost 20 quid to, result this time was beating him in 2x 10 quid speeds and 1 x 20 quid. Only problem is I have been playing soo bad that I am down 50 quid for the day on my normal 5 quid games. 

One saving grace, after a horrific bubble on one speed bh this morning where I got three hands in ahead only to lose my stack and get nothing, I finally won one for just over £50, happy days. The plan is to play in the region of 150-200 mtts this month.

Here is the update:

Games - 175   

Avg Stake - $8.24

ROI - 6.6%

Profit - $103  

ROI is much more realistic now, if i can maintain at this level for the rest of the month I will be very happy. 

• edited July 2013
    Could someone please tell me what my sharscope was for today at HU Games? Hands played and ROI?

Thanks
  • edited July 2013
    Could someone please tell me what my sharscope was for today at HU Games? Hands played and ROI? Thanks
    Posted by LARSON7
    28 games, 15.6% ROI and $6.95 profit.

Get moved up u nit ;)

gd job tho!