You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited March 2013
    More cricket than poker in this update again I'm afraid. 

Great news for the bet/s, Compton nailed another ton.

Bad news for the bet, Compton got out on exactly a ton.

Even worse news for the bet, Trott is 120 n.o and looks like he could bat until Easter. 

sighhhh. 

Just played the 1 game on sky since the last update, £33 turbo main event!

re-jammed 17xbb over an e.p open, probably (definitely) questionable. 

Ran into AA. Turned the K which normally means I get there, but skys software doesn't like me as much as the frogstars rng. :(

More tournys & Cheltenham to look forward to today, and hopefully a KP masterclass in Wellington tonight. <3
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Question for you jj.  When you stake players, and rail them as you do, how do you find the sweat of different parts of the tournaments. Such as the bubble, FT bubble and HU?  And how would you compare that feeling to that as when your playing the same situations? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Forgot about this question Don. 

I can't really answer it. Most of it anyway, as they normally don't cash, so can't comment on the bubble, FT bubble and HU!

The win last week 'we' were in cruise control all the way from the bubble onwards.

I'm really not bothered about min cashing when I play, and certainly not when I'm staking, unless it's some huge event I guess. which hasn't happened yet.

U know yourself a good mtt player will go through the gears on and around the bubble and try and take advantage of weak tight players. I wouldn't back anyone who I thought would prioritise a min cash before trying to go mega deep, so it's never really an issue. 

The final table was quite exciting. But it was like 2am on a Saturday morning and I was falling asleep. Forced myself to see it through to the end, was too easy :)

2nd part of your question, can't really answer again, my FT experience is limited ;) ha lol.

Well the player in question is better than me, It's reassuring knowing that he knows what he's doing. I'm always liable to blow up and/or try to be a hero, which invariably ends in tears.

Very much more chilled having someone else do it for me! easy game :)

• edited March 2013
    hi DOHHHH
    lambert 180(Paul) has reccomended i read your cash 4 idiots blog...in my case...lol

anyway u can let me have it,or tell me where to find it?

thanks buddy
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Here it is Devon, I'll post it in yuor diary too just in case https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-school/beat-small-stakes-cash-games-1?tracking=pokersleftnav
    Posted by Lambert180
    ty Paul
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    just read your post DOHHHH...  thank you.

made some notes.

did u make another blog about reads,etc?

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    just read your post DOHHHH...  thank you. made some notes. did u make another blog about reads,etc? (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Hey Dev.

No, I never got round to doing a further blog. I dunno why!

I wrote that a long time ago now, reading it back makes me cringe abit. I don't know how nl4 has changed since then, if at all, but the fundementals should still be the same.

I'll try and answer any questions if there's any confusing bits! gulp! :/
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Hey Dev. No, I never got round to doing a further blog. I dunno why! I wrote that a long time ago now, reading it back makes me cringe abit. I don't know how nl4 has changed since then, if at all, but the fundementals should still be the same. I'll try and answer any questions if there's any confusing bits! gulp! :/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks m8,
    think it's pretty much the same as when you wrote it...
    it's a bit like clothes fashion,they come and go but basically you only wear them to keep you warm...and your dignity.  lol  (bit off tangent..but i'm sure you get my meaning.  lol)
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :   Soooooooooooooo, DOH's tips! Compton top series run scorer @ 12/1  Broad top England wicket taker @ 5/1 Double @ 77/! (if it will let you do it)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Update on the cricket tips I put up prior to the NZ series!

In great shape going in to the final game.

It looks a 3 horse race for the top series run scorer, the standings at the moment are as follows.

Trott - 218
    Compton - 217
    Rutherford - 209

The dangerous Mccullum and Cook are around 150, but they shouldn't really take over us unless Compton fails, in which case he wouldn't win anyway.

2 horse race for the England bowling honours...

Broad - 9
    Anderson - 7

Looks like I will be anti-railing Trott throughout the final test. Not for the first time!

------------

Small poker update.

Nothing on Sky still.

Almost got the big .fr score I've been looking for.

Used my 'poker points' to buy in to the hot 20e comp over there. A turbo format, by far my strongest and favourite game.

With around 19 left, (48 paid) we had a break and I remember I was sitting 9th with around 15 big blinds.

From this point it could really go either way, I doubt I could make any kind of blow up with this stack, it's all going to be pretty standard pre flop stuff, just need to run good.

I managed to get the run good I was after and spun up to 1/11 approaching the final table.

There's over 1,000 euros ftw here, I've got my eye on those top 3 places where all the money is at.

I found pocket 5s utg on a 6 handed table, I'm obviously the big stack, had about 650k @ 10/20k and there's loads of reshoving stacks (8-15xbb) behind me.

If everyone was short, I'd just open shove here. But there was 1 guy who was also chipped up with around 22xbb, which meant my only option was to raise/call off v most people, and raise/fold to the other big stack and 1 other guy who had 15xbb.

I was very surprised when the big blind, who seemed competent, just flatted my open from his 10xbb stack!!!

Ughhhhhhhh. wtf r u doing?

Up until now he had played pretty well, so he must know what he's doing!

Just at the time, I didn't! lol.

It came 962 with a flush draw, and he open shoves his remaining 170k (8.5xbb) into the pot of around 95k.

This seemed a v v strange thing to do.

He can't have an overpair, because surely he would shove this pre for value, fully expecting me to call off after raising in to a 11xbb stack.

I concluded that his range is going to be some flush draws, small pairs, and random high card combos.

As above, he probably didn't think he had any fold equity to re-shove pre flop, so maybe he decided a stop and go type move would be the best way to make me fold some hands that have him beat pre.

I made the call, pretty quickly, and he showed KQ for just 2 overs, and 6 outs to my pocket 5s.

This was a big call, and a very big pot at the time.

Before I had the chance to fist pump, I was hit by the Q instantly hitting the turn.

Ughhhhhhhhhh

400k pot over to him, leaving me with the same 400kish stack.

Had I held there I'd have had twice the stack of 2nd place on the final table bubble, such an awesome position to be in.

I was still above average though, and in great shape to try and make the top 4 still.

On to the final table, and my luck didn't change much.

The first hand was against a very short stack to my right.

He must have either clung on to make the FT with 5xbb, or taken a hit just prior to it starting.

He shoved sb v bb with something like J7o, totally standard/good play, and got there against my 66.

How is he flipping there!!??? piwejvijerivjrejvj

Anyway no big deal.

He doubled again, and we got it in again, this time my AQ v his pocket 9s in another late position encounter.

Again, standard/fine play by both of us.

This was 'the biggie'. It was maybe a 35/40xbb flip for his tournament, and I'd be left with 6xbb should I lose.

I lost.

But doubled v next hand bvb again off the guy to my left, JJ /> A9.

Some kinda cruel sweat when he flopped an open ended straight draw, turned a pair to go with it, but managed to brick out otr.

The way I had been running the previous 15 minutes I was v surprised to hold there! A momentum changer maybe.

We were soon down to 6 handed, a relief to ladder at least abit and lock up some decent cash from the great position I was in with 11 left. It could so easily have ended with the JJ v A9 hand and me busting in 9th for a very disappointing score.

The guy to my right who had gone in to the FT with 5xbb now had a very big stack and was bossing the game.

The rest of us all had similar 8-18xbb stacks again, and anything could happen.

The chip leader open jammed his big 30xbb stack from utg+1 into 4 of us with around 10xbb.

Again, very good/standard turbo play, he can have a wideish range here as he's only shoving like 13xbb effective. Someone had to call eventually.

Unfortunately, it was me.

I found pocket Jacks, and snap called it off.

We were heads up again, all in pre flop, again, and flipping, again, as he tabled KQo.

KQo!!!!!! WHY CANT YOU HAVE TT or 88 or AJ or something 1 time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 66, you've somehow shoved J7 and miracled a flip.

I have AQ, no you can't have a lower ace, you have to have the pair.

Now I have Jacks, there's a bazillion worse hands in your range, how do you have KQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Low flop!!!!!! yes!

C'mon 1 time, fade 2 more cards and it's my tournament again.

SURELY YOU CAN'T WIN 3 FLIPS IN A ROW!

QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN on the turn!

:'(   :'(    :'(   Noooooooooooo x 100.

ffs rifpjviejciwoejocjweroiujc etc.

Out in 6th for 250e.

So unfair :(

That really hurt. Even though it was a freeroll effectively and 250e is obv a nice result, I was so close to that elusive 1k score I've been after.

Well 250e sounds miles away, but if I can just hold in the 55 < KQ pot, or win any one of those 3 flips, I reckon It could have been mine.

moan moan moan.

The guy who flipped me out went on to take it down btw, wp him. 4xbb to the win is an impressive final table run!

I was gutted, but didn't feel I was tilted at all. I played the rest of the day, very badly, and then on Monday I logged on and played, again very badly.

I think I was/maybe still am? sub-consciously on tilt from how I ran on that final table.

Weird how tilt works!

Hopefully I can find some discipline today and get deep again, see if I can make it happen this time! :(

-------

Spose that wasn't the 'small poker update' I was intending it to be.

My sharkscope is showing a $1.35k profit on .fr MTTs since I started playing there around 5/6 weeks ago I think? Maybe longer.

Highest score of around $300 so I'm consistant-ish, if nothing else.

Would really like one of these big wins though, I wonder what they feel like? It's been so long!

Try again today, good luck at the tables all!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"   Soooooooooooooo, DOH's tips! Compton top series run scorer @ 12/1  Broad top England wicket taker @ 5/1 Double @ 77/! (if it will let you do it)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Bruce Dyer circumstances, but boom! 1 up.

150 not out plz Compton for the big double! 

edit: balls! 

Patriotic fiver on us @ 20/1 to chase these down. 

Lets see if Trott can prove he's 'World Class' and score huge runs when theyre really needed. 
  • edited March 2013

Talking to myself on here about cricket is not good!

It's all over for a few weeks now, great effort from England on the final day to salvage something from the series, although I'm not sure how we got into that position to start with!

---------

Anyway, poker.....

I've been back playing on Sky @ 30nl and bits of 20nl over the weekend, put in long (5 hour+) sessions on Friday and Sunday.

Contrasting fortunes, played and ran pretty good on Friday, didn't run so good on Sunday and to say I played bad would be an 'understatement'.

The Friday session started with 4x 20nl and 2x 30nl tables, due to a lack of action at the higher of the 2 levels.

Thats £140 spread across 6 tables.

I only had £300 in my account, due to barely playing here recently I didn't see any need to leave any more than that on.

Anyway within a couple of hours, I was a good £150 down, it got to the stage where I had to deposit whilst playing, because I got down to 50xbb on one table and was told I had insufficient funds to top up.

Not a great feeling! lol.

It got worse too.

Managed to deposit a load whilst battling away w/ a couple of shortstacks, I think I actually coolered someone and doubled the 50xbb stack up whilst trying to deposit too, that took the P abit! :(

By now there was 6x 30nl running so I dropped the 20nl tables.

Instantly got 'coolered' (?) twice, JJ < AA v agro reg and then AK < KK v the same agro reg!

Now looking @ a 7 buy in hole! ugh.

Fortunes changed though, and I started hitting everything. I was tilting abit, but managed to minimize the effects of it, and won a couple of stacks back before It aplified and/or I quit the session.

ended up with some silly stacks, 2/3 of the tables I was playing 400xbb and 1 or 2 were up around and above £200 (750xbb).

Managed to turn the session from -7 buy ins to +10 buy ins within the space of 4 hours.

The kind of vvvvv rare heater that a cash player dreams of!

Had to quit because I was starting to tire (and struggling to see straight), I'm not used to 'long' 6 hour sessions. But it's easier to continue when you're winning!

---------

Sundays session was a struggle.

I played really really bad for the most part.

It actually started pretty well, coming off the Friday session I was really confident, and was plain sailing, must've been a few buy ins up after an hour or so.

Then it all went wrong.

I have an excuse though, it was absolutely freezing! ;)

Seriously, it was putting me off. I refuse to turn the heating on in my room, I'm superstitious about it when playing, and also hate radiators.

I misclicked 3/4 times coz my fingers were too cold!

I can handle almost any weather but that was brutal!

This isn't a level, it's always on in the rest of the house.

Have a hot water bottle on standby incase it happens today.

I'll post a few examples of some of the horrific play.

Convincing line?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    davidmufc Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £34.74
    bigyinjay Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £26.58
     Your hole cards
    • Q

rancid Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £30.45
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.90 £2.25 £109.88
    cobaw Fold     
    davidmufc Fold     
    bigyinjay Call  £0.60 £2.85 £25.98
    Flop

• J

bigyinjay Check     
    rancid Bet  £1.50 £4.35 £28.95
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.50 £5.85 £108.38
    bigyinjay Fold     
    Turn

rancid Bet  £3.60 £9.45 £25.35
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £8.40 £17.85 £99.98
    rancid Call  £4.80 £22.65 £20.55
    River

rancid Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £21.30 £43.95 £78.68
    rancid All-in  £20.55 £64.50 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £0.75 £63.75 £79.43
    rancid Show
    • A
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q

rancid Win Pair of Aces £61.95  £61.95
    Can't believe I wasn't good.
    davidmufc Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.64
    tel1975 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.54
     Your hole cards
    • Q

rancid Fold     
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £141.91
    cobaw Fold     
    davidmufc Fold     
    tel1975 Call  £0.60 £1.95 £30.94
    Flop

• J

tel1975 Bet  £1.95 £3.90 £28.99
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.95 £5.85 £139.96
    Turn

• A

tel1975 Bet  £5.85 £11.70 £23.14
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £5.85 £17.55 £134.11
    River

• A

tel1975 All-in  £23.14 £40.69 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £23.14 £63.83 £110.97
    tel1975 Show
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q

tel1975 Win Three Aces £62.03  £62.03
    errr yeh coz I can easily rep AK here right :/
    rancid Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £32.70
    AJ_Rockets Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £33.29
     Your hole cards

ACEGOONER Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £111.25
    cooooie Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.90 £2.25 £33.80
    rancid Call  £0.75 £3.00 £31.95
    AJ_Rockets Raise  £3.70 £6.70 £29.59
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.10 £9.80 £30.70
    rancid Fold     
    Flop

AJ_Rockets Bet  £5.50 £15.30 £24.09
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £5.50 £20.80 £25.20
    Turn

• K

AJ_Rockets Bet  £10.00 £30.80 £14.09
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £25.20 £56.00 £0.00
    AJ_Rockets All-in  £14.09 £70.09 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £1.11 £68.98 £1.11
    AJ_Rockets Show
    • J
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Show

River

AJ_Rockets Win Pair of Jacks £67.18  £67.18
    I put everyone on AK and thought they were all drawing dead.
    sandyjohn Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £27.26
    AJ_Rockets Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £27.60
     Your hole cards

ACEGOONER Fold     
    RexPeps Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £30.00
    yaxley Call  £0.90 £2.25 £21.90
    sandyjohn Call  £0.75 £3.00 £26.51
    AJ_Rockets Raise  £4.00 £7.00 £23.60
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £30.00 £37.00 £0.00
    yaxley Fold     
    sandyjohn All-in  £26.51 £63.51 £0.00
    AJ_Rockets All-in  £23.60 £87.11 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £3.00 £84.11 £3.00
    sandyjohn Show
    • A
    • A

AJ_Rockets Show
    • Q
    • Q

DOHHHHHHH Show

Flop

• Q

Turn

• J

River

AJ_Rockets Win Full House, Queens and 3s £82.31  £82.31
    Then there was some standardish runbad/coolers....
    rancid Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.49
    AJ_Rockets Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.72
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

ACEGOONER Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £32.37
    Batman1137 Call  £0.90 £2.25 £31.12
    beansy Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.30 £5.55 £57.39
    rancid Fold     
    AJ_Rockets Fold     
    ACEGOONER Call  £2.40 £7.95 £29.97
    Batman1137 Call  £2.40 £10.35 £28.72
    Flop

ACEGOONER Check     
    Batman1137 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.00 £14.35 £53.39
    ACEGOONER All-in  £29.97 £44.32 £0.00
    Batman1137 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £25.97 £70.29 £27.42
    ACEGOONER Show
    • Q
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

ACEGOONER Win Flush to the Ace £68.49  £68.49
    Expert "limp/call flop the nuts v 2nd nuts, min click c/r gii" line
    ACEGOONER Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £59.68
    Batman1137 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £22.15
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

beansy Call  £0.30 £0.75 £20.17
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £36.12
    vinnybhoy Fold     
    AJ_Rockets Fold     
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    Batman1137 Call  £1.20 £3.45 £20.95
    beansy Fold     
    Flop

• Q
    • J

Batman1137 Check     
    DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.80 £5.25 £34.32
    Batman1137 Raise  £3.60 £8.85 £17.35
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £34.32 £43.17 £0.00
    Batman1137 All-in  £17.35 £60.52 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £15.17 £45.35 £15.17
    Batman1137 Show
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

• A

River

Batman1137 Win Straight to the Ace £43.55  £43.55
    Expert "l/c pre flop the nuts open jam the lot" line.
    RexPeps Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £104.20
    ACEGOONER Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £49.70
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

oboxy Call  £0.30 £0.75 £15.00
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £61.31
    rancid Fold     
    RexPeps Fold     
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    oboxy Call  £0.90 £2.85 £14.10
    Flop

• Q
    • K

oboxy All-in  £14.10 £16.95 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £14.10 £31.05 £47.21
    oboxy Show
    • J

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • A

Turn

River

oboxy Win Straight to the King £29.49  £29.49
    And the expert "how to win a 20/80 in the most dramatic fashion" line!
    ChrissyjH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £47.69
    NAROW Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £20.41
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

S_costello Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £17.55
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.70 £4.35 £32.34
    Lambert180 Fold     
    herrie Fold     
    ChrissyjH Fold     
    NAROW Fold     
    S_costello Raise  £7.50 £11.85 £10.05
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £30.00 £41.85 £2.34
    S_costello All-in  £10.05 £51.90 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £13.95 £37.95 £16.29
    S_costello Show
    • K
    • K

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• A
    • K

Turn

River

• K

S_costello Win Four Kings £36.15  £36.15
    pfffffffffffft.

Dispite all that, I only ended down 1 buy in.

If I just hadn't spewed, I'd have had another 5+ buy in session at least.

The money's definitely there to be won. Just have to stop being a donk and go win it.

+9 buyins for the first 2 sessions back though, definitely would have taken that.

Lets see how today goes!

Good luck all playing today.

• edited March 2013
    Great read JJ although you gotta stop getting owned by limp callers...

"Seriously, it was putting me off. I refuse to turn the heating on in my room, I'm superstitious about it when playing, and also hate radiators".

Posting level to get some interest, which is even more of a level because you have stated its not a level ... lol seriously though why are you superstitous about it when playing? do you literally never have it on or only during sessions?

Keep up the good work maybe i will climb up and have some fun on one your tables soon as i have yet to play cash with you, nearly sat when you ace and paul were sat at the same table but decided it probably wasn't a great idea.
  • edited March 2013
    Great read JJ although you gotta stop getting owned by limp callers... "Seriously, it was putting me off. I refuse to turn the heating on in my room, I'm superstitious about it when playing, and also hate radiators". Posting level to get some interest, which is even more of a level because you have stated its not a level ... lol seriously though why are you superstitous about it when playing? do you literally never have it on or only during sessions? Keep up the good work maybe i will climb up and have some fun on one your tables soon as i have yet to play cash with you, nearly sat when you ace and paul were sat at the same table but decided it probably wasn't a great idea.
    Posted by benc
    pffft they're nowt to worry about. ;)

Until Paul goes into nit mode and gets KK every other hand.
    ACEGOONER Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £28.02
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £59.14
     Your hole cards

hipshooter Call  £0.30 £0.75 £46.92
    Lambert180 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £35.09
    Razazelo Fold     
    ACEGOONER Raise  £3.75 £5.70 £24.27
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.60 £12.30 £52.54
    hipshooter Call  £6.60 £18.90 £40.32
    Lambert180 All-in  £35.09 £53.99 £0.00
    ACEGOONER Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Fold     
    hipshooter Call  £29.39 £83.38 £10.93
    hipshooter Show
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

Lambert180 Win Pair of Kings £81.58  £81.58
    Ha only joking.

Tables have been 'lively' to say the least over the weekend, with rancid there as well and the usual good agro players who own me over and over again.

The 'nit culture' seems to have disappeared, not totally obv, but the new rakeback system seems to have 'scared' a few of the old grinders away.

Hope they stay away :)

re radiators...

No, never have them on. I dunno, they do something to the air.

Probably make it warmer? :/

Can't be doing with that, don't feel the cold anywhere apart from my hands, which is a problem when trying to operate a mouse.

Cya in the 30nl games soon! w/ loose agro style you'll definitely enjoy it, and probably win or lose alot. Very swingy at the mo! :) 
  • edited March 2013
    But if all else fails Benc, just do this
    wocky72 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £23.80
    the_jester Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £30.60
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Leah26 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £23.95
    DOHHHHHHH Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £126.81
    Rumpy Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £3.50 £5.75 £24.91
    wocky72 Fold        
    the_jester Fold        
    Leah26 Fold        
    DOHHHHHHH All-in   £126.81 £132.56 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   £24.91 £157.47 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet   £99.90 £57.57 £99.90
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• J

DOHHHHHHH Win Three Queens £55.77   £155.67
  • edited March 2013

KK+ every single time.

yawn.
  • edited March 2013
    you didn't have to open the 55 on .fr fwiw.
  • edited March 2013

Another write up, another disappointing day.

Dont think I played as bad as Sunday, but certainly didn't cover myself if glory.

Almost all my big losing hands were bluffs, didn't get coolered at all and even won a couple of aipf flips @ 30nl.

Probably helped to limit the damage to only -1.33 buyins.

Wont post any hands as most of them are in the clinic. Go check em out especially if you're in need of a laugh

:(

The day was saved as I had 50% of 10th place in the turbo open!

So close to the biggggggggggggg moniez tho :(

Half of £140 - stake makes it a + 0.75 buyin day :D haha.

Hoping to continue with the staking success over the ukops period, biggggg money ftw :D

+10 buyins in 1 session, has become +9 in 2, and now + 7.75 in 3.

Win rate dropping dramatically :( More worryingly, so is performance.

Not sure what poker plans are over the Easter weekend but I'm gonna make sure the next session is a winning one, gonna play on until I'm up 1/2 a buy in at least, no matter how badly it's going! :D
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah judging by your clinic post it sounds like a very good result to only be £40 down. I'm sure it'll help you fet paid off at some point soon tho ;)

So have you got any tips for the Grand National?

It's the only horse racing I show any interest in purely because when I lived in Liverpool I could literally see the race out of my window I was that close, so it's usually the only sports bet I place all year.
  • edited March 2013
    Hoping to continue with the staking success over the ukops period, biggggg money ftw
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It's a good job I know people who know how to play! ;)

Lost @ 30nl again on Thursday though.  

Didn't play anywhere near as bad, but still pretty bad.

Started well, again, then I do something wrong/bad or maybe even just get ul in a spot and the head just goes/drops. Confidence & tilt. It's an easy game when you're winning.

Only dropped £45, but was at least double that up at 1 point.

Since returning to 30nl 10 days ago I've had sessions of +10, -1, -1.3 and -1.5!

Getting progressively worse  :/ 

I cba putting pressure on myself to grind today, I could end up playing a long 30nl session but only if I want to later, not gonna force myself. 

Will just donk about in mtts and donate to the bookies instead of skys cash grinders :(

Might bring back the monthly profit/loss updates next month if I continue to play back on sky.

The 1,750 poker points I've made this last 10 days is more than I've made the last 4 months combined.

GL all over the Easter weekend! :D
  • edited April 2013
    No doubt you will be posting the two said hands later ! I did outdo your 3 bet with lower suited conns mind, what a turn card for me!

• edited April 2013
    No doubt you will be posting the two said hands later ! I did outdo your 3 bet with lower suited conns mind, what a turn card for me!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    nah wnt be posting much here, retiring the diary for a while. will come back to it in the future maybe.

Both hands were coolers.

Turn cards ensured the dosh was going in both times!

my £50 on spurs to fail the top 4 is looking good, hope ur lads can keep the good form going :D

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : nah wnt be posting much here, retiring the diary for a while. will come back to it in the future maybe. Both hands were coolers. Turn cards ensured the dosh was going in both times! my £50 on spurs to fail the top 4 is looking good, hope ur lads can keep the good form going :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    massive sigh
  • edited May 2013
    Thought i would give this a bump after the doncaster game last week, was listening on the radio as it happened amazing stuff, bet you thought it was all over when they were given the penalty.. also what do you think of dean saunders, seemed to get the wolves job on the back of redbuilding doncaster? but hasn't managed to turn it around.. you a fan?

PS hows the poker been going? still playing 30nl? still not playing much HU?
  • edited May 2013
    Thought i would give this a bump after the doncaster game last week, was listening on the radio as it happened amazing stuff, bet you thought it was all over when they were given the penalty.. also what do you think of dean saunders, seemed to get the wolves job on the back of redbuilding doncaster? but hasn't managed to turn it around.. you a fan? PS hows the poker been going? still playing 30nl? still not playing much HU?
    Posted by benc
    No! Definitely not a fan.

Wolves need to get rid of him asap. I said the day he went there (20 games of the season left) that Wolves would go down. He didn't let me down. Awful manager.

We were very lucky to go up, not just with the final game drama but all season we've been nicking wins away from home with last minute goals, getting battered for most of the game but fluking results etc.

Our away record is the best in the football league, and our home record very average. Which suggests we can grind out results but when it comes to outplaying teams at home, we've got nothing.

Luckily league 1 was a very poor league this year.

Unless there's big changes in the summer we'll be lucky to finish 2nd bottom next year.

Thankfully they're bringing in a new manager, so hopefully he'll realise the current squad is cats P/ss and get changing it around sooner rather than later.

1 positive for next year might be our pitch, from christmas onwards it turns into a a beech, pretty much unplayable. It worked against us this year when the lesser teams came, but maybe next year when we're at home to Reading/QPR/Newcaslte (!?) and desperate for any kinda result, it might be a good leveller. Obv we're gonna be the 2nd best team in 95% of home games, so if the pitch is unplayable it might take away some of the edge.

---------------------------

Poker.

Has been going well the last month or so when I've been back playing cash.

Best session has been +11 buy ins, the worst session (Saturday) -5 buyins.

Majority of the sessions have been between +3 and +5. Haven't kept any record but must have been around +25 buyins last month.

Really struggled with focus/tilt control on Saturday. It might just have been '1 of those days' where I should have realised early on that it wasn't happening and quit, instead of trying to force something to happen.

I'll probably find out today, if I manage to focus and play well then the above is probably the case, but I suspect I might be getting bored and in to a set routine again.

I've considered moving up to 40 and 50nl to try and re-focus and give myself a new challenge.

After dropping 4 buyins @ 30nl on Saturday I quit all tables for 15 mins then moved up, and did alright. The tables didn't seem too bad. I lost, obv. lol But didn't get hammered or anything. Apart from on the drink which inevitably resulted in some spew towards the end.

Toying with the idea of re-starting the diary for a 20xbuyin 50nl shot from today.

Would need to move some money around to do that though, and also waiting for some payments to come thru.

Might spend this week trying to recover Saturday, hopefully grind up abit more so I can use any profits as 'ammo' to make the 50nl shot feel like more of a 'freeroll'.

Weird poker psychology thing.

If I struggle to focus/motivate myself to grind this week though, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe stop playing cash again for a few weeks, idk.

May update later in the week if the 50nl plans materialise!

Good news for those guys, must be down tonnes @ 50nl this last 12 months! :(

Coming to geddit bak!

Maybe! :/
  • edited May 2013
    50nl doooooooo it!
  • edited May 2013
    You will cane nl50, sometimes it seems theres more nitty regs at nl30 and perhaps nl50 is softer. 
  • edited May 2013

My week of trying to 'win' a 20xbi 50nl bankroll to finally take a proper shot hasn't gone according to plan.

Firstly, I spent most of the time playing 50nl instead of trying to build at 30.  

Secondly, I spent most of the time losing.

We had -1 buyin. +5 buyins. -6 buyins.

The last session was just hurrendous, I wasn't going to play at all, but decided at half time in the Chelsea v Spurs game I'd play for a couple of hours.

Bad decision.

Got into some really weird meta-game war with some guy I haven't even played that much before.

I know he's a winner on Sky at all levels, 30nl thru 100nl, and I know he's quite loose aggressive, but before the session we hadn't had too much history.

The 'battle' started with me being coolered.
    timbo57 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £51.37
    Troyvus Sitout     
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £48.77
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

xxx Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £60.00
    lynx3ffect Fold     
    deekster Fold     
    timbo57 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.00 £7.25 £43.77
    xxx Raise  £10.00 £17.25 £50.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £43.77 £61.02 £0.00
    xxxCall  £37.77 £98.79 £12.23
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • K

xxxShow
    • A
    • A

Flop

• J
    • J

Turn

River

xxx Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks £96.99  £109.22

Turned into me getting a couple of 'beats'
    shawsok Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £63.18
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £47.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

lynx3ffect Fold     
    hndlkcool Fold     
    xxx Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £102.98
    rb520174 Fold     
    shawsok Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.00 £7.25 £42.00
    xxx Raise  £16.00 £23.25 £86.98
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £42.00 £65.25 £0.00
    xxxCall  £30.00 £95.25 £56.98
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A
    • K

xxx Show
    • K
    • J

Flop

• J

Turn

• J

River

xxxWin Three Jacks £93.45  £150.43
    lynx3ffect Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £52.18
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £133.12
    JoeySmooth Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A

jackl Fold     
    timbo57 Fold     
    xxx Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £49.07
    lynx3ffect Call  £1.25 £3.50 £50.93
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.00 £9.50 £127.12
    xxx Raise  £10.00 £19.50 £39.07
    lynx3ffect Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £127.12 £146.62 £0.00
    xxx All-in  £39.07 £185.69 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £83.05 £102.64 £83.05
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

xxx Show
    • K

Flop

Turn

• Q

River

xxxWin Two Pairs, 9s and 4s £100.84  £100.84
    And ended with me totally losing the plot.
    lynx3ffect Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £60.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £74.52
      Your hole cards

rancid Fold     
    jackl Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £45.00
    shawsok Call  £2.00 £4.75 £155.09
    xxx Raise  £6.50 £11.25 £73.99
    lynx3ffect Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £13.00 £24.25 £61.52
    jackl Fold     
    shawsok Fold     
    xxx Call  £7.00 £31.25 £66.99
    Flop

• J

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £6.00 £37.25 £55.52
    xxx Call  £6.00 £43.25 £60.99
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £16.00 £59.25 £39.52
    xxx Call  £16.00 £75.25 £44.99
    River

DOHHHHHHH All-in  £39.52 £114.77 £0.00
    xxxAll-in  £44.99 £159.76 £0.00
    xxx Unmatched bet  £5.47 £154.29 £5.47
    DOHHHHHHH Show

xxxShow
    • J
    • J

xxx Win Full House, Jacks and 4s £152.49  £157.96
    900KING Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £29.25
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £101.90
      Your hole cards

JoeySmooth Fold     
    jackl Fold     
    timbo57 Fold     
    xxxRaise  £1.50 £2.25 £78.31
    900KING Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.00 £6.25 £97.90
    xxx Call  £3.00 £9.25 £75.31
    Flop

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.50 £13.75 £93.40
    xxxCall  £4.50 £18.25 £70.81
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    xxx Bet  £8.50 £26.75 £62.31
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £8.50 £35.25 £84.90
    River

• A

DOHHHHHHH Check     
    xxx Bet  £27.50 £62.75 £34.81
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  £84.90 £147.65 £0.00
    xxxAll-in  £34.81 £182.46 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  £22.59 £159.87 £22.59
    DOHHHHHHH Show

xxx Show

xxxWin Three 6s £158.07  £158.07
    All those hands (and a couple of others for stacks) were against the same opponent.

How do you play like 40% of hands and have a set everytime you go beyond the turn?

And the times you don't, just get there anyway.

Ugh

So I lost that battle, 7 stacks to 1.

Add in the 3 buyins I lose to Rancid every session nowardays (guy crushes me), and I think I did ok to 'get out' minus 6 buyins.

-----------------

Pretty annoying, I'm really fancying a proper crack at that level for once. These random spewy/tilty shots are just delaying it.

Traditionally bounce back well from these kind of set backs (I've had enough practise). So I'm hoping for a strong Friday/Sunday double session back at 30nl (sigh).

Have enjoyed the recent 'shots' though, and have the motivation to get organised and take my first proper/structered 50nl shot.

Might just win the HOT20 on .fr this afternoon then I'll be able to play again tonight! :) Come rail me 50nl regs, bring you're run good and you will be rewarded with my pennies t'neet!

Diary back on hold until I can start 50nl properly.

Looking to make 20 buyins at 30nl, in a donkeyfest, on a sports bet (pffft) or a combo of the 3 before going in with 20bi for 50nl.

If this weekend goes really well, It might be early next week!

More realistically, next weekend though.

Run gud all this w/e!
  • edited May 2013
    Great news to see you giving it a whirl at 50NL, it's all in your head (and short term variance) obv cos you're easy good enough to win there.

• edited May 2013
    Very good read again mate. Never a dull session where you're concerned is it!

I read somewhere that Phil Parkinson is in with a chance as Donny manager. Pretty uninspiring I guess. Your views?

• edited May 2013
    Very good read again mate. Never a dull session where you're concerned is it! I read somewhere that Phil Parkinson is in with a chance as Donny manager. Pretty uninspiring I guess. Your views?
    Posted by splashies

Dunno, wouldn't mind it tbh. Would annoy Trip5 if nothing else :D

Looked at the betting yesterday, Paul Dickov is 1/5 with Sky Bet. 

Don't know much about him as a manager, but he used to put 100% in as a player, obviously his management style will be similar, might be ideally suited to a relegation battle just the kinda guy we need. 

2nd favourite, Dean Saunders. Not even gonna go there. 

Apparently when Saunders went to Wolves in January, Sven and Glen Hoddle applied for the job. 

Wouldn't fancy either of them. 

My first choice for footballing reasons would be Warnock, 2nd would be Steve Kean, just coz I'd love to see him prove people wrong. 

Logging on to drfc.co.uk this morning the headline is 

"Ryan refuses to rule out Saunders return"

Could be a long season.