You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lolpro runs eternally terrible [EvilPingu's Diary]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk withdraws most of Bankroll. [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Great result last night Pingu. Is it gonna make you rethink about whether you continue at 4NL or move up a level or 2?
    Posted by Lambert180

I've been playing DYMs again recently so I'm tempted to carry on playing those for the time being. I'm not sure what level I'll play at when I move back to cash, depends on how well I do at DYMs before the new computer turns up.

well done for cashing, though I know it's not much consolation when you get so  close to the big payouts
    Posted by simonnatur

Cashing is alright I guess, love those types of tournaments (Although I love them more with antes, hint hint Sky lol), and £114 profit too, can't complain. Would've been nice to win more ofc, but it wasn't my night.

welldone on your cash pingu played very well u thought about playing mtts more often from what i see u have a good game cash im not as sure as u do like to do some 4 bets with air when i see u on mastercash tables 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Cheers :) As for playing more MTTs, if I wanted to play MTTs, I wouldn't be playing on Sky, because of how poor 99% of the tournaments are. There isn't anything except for Bounty Hunters (Yawn) and the main events on here. I get the "People like Bounty Hunters so let's have more Bounty Hunters" argument which Sky always come out with, but there's a lot of people who don't like Bounty Hunters too that Sky need to consider. I think the biggest buy-in normal freezeout that runs every day is £5.50, which is pretty poor.

I think a tournament grinder on Sky would actually be better off grinding satellites and taking the money you get for winning a seat when you've already registered for a tournament, that's how bad the MTT schedule is on here.

As for the second point, I don't know what you're on about, lol. I'm not the best cash player in the world, but I'm still a winning player up to 20NL, and break even at 50NL (I've only played a couple of hundred hands at 30NL). 

There are things I need to change, but occasionally 4bet bluffing isn't something that I plan to stop doing any time soon. It'd be way too easy to play against me if I only 4bet with premium hands, and I wouldn't ever get any value from them as I'd only be getting the money in with big hand vs. big hand, the times I have AA against a reg's KK, and the times it's the over way around would even itself out over time, rake would be the only winner. The times I lose ~24bb making a 4bet bluff and get jammed on are made up for by the times that someone decides to get 100bb in with a slightly weaker hand that they wouldn't get the money in with otherwise if I only 4bet premium hands.

In Response to Re: Donk withdraws most of Bankroll. [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Leave it out Lambert, dont encourage him to step up to NL10, there are enough good regs already, dont need another! Stay where you are Pingu! Well done by the way. Havent posted on this but its been a cracking read! Sounds like you are quite level headed but put your exams as a higher priority. Poker will always be here, your education will last a life time, get your exams passed. Dont think that because you are taking them next year that they dont matter too much.  Do i sound like your Dad? Didnt mean to! ;-D Good luck with everything.
    Posted by DrSharp

Idk if I'll play 10NL or not, if I do, it won't be until I've got my new computer, so I won't be playing there for a week or so at least, I imagine. If/when I do play 10NL, it'll be on about a million tables at once, trying to work out what is the optimal amount of tables for me to be playing at a time, so I doubt I'll be doing anything too spewy :P

As for the exams, I probably worded that post a bit badly, lol. Of course they matter, but it's not the end of the world that I did badly in them. No more exams now though, so Poker until the beginning of September :D
  • edited June 2012
    Tuesday 5th June,

Didn't play at all today, just starting a session now which I'll include in tomorrow's update as it's gone past Midnight.
  • edited June 2012
    First hand of my session, think it's going to be one of them nights... Sigh.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    A1BT_DUST Small blind   10.00 10.00 1990.00
    Tapster Big blind   20.00 30.00 1980.00
      Your hole cards

EvilPingu Raise   60.00 90.00 1940.00
    GazPhoenix Fold        
    Newman1 Fold        
    WILLIAMIII Fold        
    A1BT_DUST Fold        
    Tapster Call   40.00 130.00 1940.00
    Flop

• A
    • J

Tapster Check        
    EvilPingu Bet   90.00 220.00 1850.00
    Tapster Call   90.00 310.00 1850.00
    Turn

Tapster Check        
    EvilPingu Bet   250.00 560.00 1600.00
    Tapster Raise   500.00 1060.00 1350.00
    EvilPingu All-in   1600.00 2660.00 0.00
    Tapster All-in   1350.00 4010.00 0.00
    Tapster Show

EvilPingu Show

River

Tapster Win Straight to the 5 4010.00   4010.00
  • edited June 2012
    Appears I somehow managed to not do an update on Monday, despite playing. Epic Fail!

Monday's results:

£5.50 DYM - W5 L3, +£6.00
    £3.30 DYM - W1 L0, +£2.70

Poker Bankroll: £382.04 (Including May C4P due)
    Today: +£8.70
    This month: +£135.20
    C4P: 268 (£0.00)

• edited June 2012
    Wednesday 6th June

Played a few DYMs, first losing day of the month, only a few quid down though, so no big deal. Was stupid o'clock and hardly anything running, hence the unusual game selection :) The action soon died out completely, I spent the night ordering about a million university prospectuses instead, so I expect to get woken up by the postman sticking several large, heavy book things through the letterbox every day for the next week or two, lol.

If anyone is reading this, wake me up when it's stopped raining at Edgbaston please :P

£2.25 DYM - W0 L2, -£4.50 (This level is so rigged, lol. Think I've got something like a -20% ROI on this level)
    £3.30 DYM - W1 L2, -£3.90
    £5.50 DYM - W2 L2, -£2.00
    £11 DYM - W1 L0, +£9.00

Poker Bankroll: £380.64 (Including May C4P due)
    Today: -£1.40
    This month: +£133.80
    C4P: 313 (£0.00)

• edited June 2012
    Thursday 7th June

Didn't play at all - Was going to play the new £7.77 tournament, and Jaegerbomb + Drumahai's birthday tournament, but I was too busy sleeping :P

Friday 8th June

With the Euro 2012 All In Freeroll promotion, I decided that I'd be stupid to miss out on the chance of some free money by not having enough Poker points, plus I haven't done any proper grinding this month, so up really early this morning to play some DYMs. After two hours and only 10 DYMs, I quickly remembered why morning sessions fail - Nobody's online, and two tabling is boring. 

On the bright side, two tabling meant I could play on full size tables, and see the chat box. I'm glad I could see the chat box, because the strangest thing ever happened - Someone called an all in with absolutely nothing on the flop, then when the other person asked why he called in the chat box, his reply was "You wrote 'Wow' I called because I wanted to see what you were wowing about".

Despite this, two tabling was tedious and not very profitable, so I stopped playing and checked my inbox, and was delighted to find that my computer has now been built and has entered a "testing and configuration" phase. Apparently this takes 1-2 days, the computer then goes into a "quality control" phase which also takes 1-2 days provided there is no issues, before it is dispatched. Hopefully, I'll have my new computer by the end of next week :)

Didn't play again for the rest of the day, as I got distracted by rain at Edgbaston, Euro 2012, and F1 Practice, so still another 140 points to get in the next couple of days to make sure I qualify for the All In freerolls.

£2.25 DYM - W1 L0, +£1.75
    £5.50 DYM - W4 L5, -£9.50

Poker Bankroll: £372.89 (Including May C4P due)
    Today: -£7.75
    This month: +£126.05
    C4P: 361 (£0.00)

• edited June 2012
    Saturday 9th June - Didn't play.
    Sunday 10th June - Didn't play.

Monday 11th June

Oh dear. My diary is on page THREE. Sigh.

Despite wanting to make sure I got into the Euro All In freerolls, I didn't play at all over the weekend. Therefore, I was up at 5am this morning to play and try to get to 500 C4P. 

I managed to get into the freeroll, although it wasn't easy - I spent ages waiting for people to actually register as there was only a hundred or so people online at the time, and I only just reached 500 C4P by 9am. I played a few £11 DYMs during this time, which went mercifully well. I'm slowly making my £11 DYM graph look slightly more respectable, really tempted to move up sometime soon, although I've been running bad at £5.50 this month.

£2.25 DYM - W1 L0, +£1.75
    £3.30 DYM - W6 L2, +£9.60
    £5.50 DYM - W5 L8, -£21.50
    £11 DYM - W5 L2, +£23.00

All In Freeroll - Didn't cash.

Poker Bankroll: £385.74 (Including May C4P due)
    Today: +£12.85
    This month: +£138.90
    C4P: 523 (£4.18)

• edited June 2012

Great read Andy! 
    Keep playing/posting & sod the exams! Only joking m8, you seem VERY level headed and I'm sure you'll make the right choices in life.
    pad

• edited June 2012
    Tuesday 12th June

Just a short TV tarting session yesterday - Didn't go too well, and levelling myself into thinking that my AQ high was good against Arazi's Pocket 7s cost me a few quid. Also raised with AA UTG, and got five folds. On a TV table. Sigh.

On the bright side, when I checked my inbox before doing my diary update, I had an e-mail saying that my new computer has been dispatched, and it's next day delivery, so I'll almost certainly be getting that tomorrow and I'll be back on the tables again :) Wiiiiiiiiiii

Master Cash 3, -£5.58

Poker Bankroll: £380.16
    Today: -£5.58
    This month: +£133.32
    C4P: 526 (£4.21)

• edited June 2012

Wednesday 13th June

Didn't play at all yesterday, in anticipation of the arrival of the new computer, which I am now using to type this message. Pictures will be posted up shortly :)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Wednesday 13th June Didn't play at all yesterday, in anticipation of the arrival of the new computer, which I am now using to type this message. Pictures will be posted up shortly :)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Hi Evil,

I take it your loving the new computer, sat at the same table & you must be playing miniview as you have 10 on the go lol.

Good luck with it (but not too much when we are on the same table)  :-)

And having my KK beaten with JJ &  him flopping quads is a bit overkill :-(
    Mike

• edited June 2012
    hi ep,
    hope you have plenty of success with your new toys
    :-)
    dev

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Wednesday 13th June Didn't play at all yesterday, in anticipation of the arrival of the new computer, which I am now using to type this message. Pictures will be posted up shortly :)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Here it is:

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : Hi Evil, I take it your loving the new computer, sat at the same table & you must be playing miniview as you have 10 on the go lol. Good luck with it (but not too much when we are on the same table)   :-) And having my KK beaten with JJ &  him flopping quads is a bit overkill :-( Mike  
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Yeah, the new computer is awesome :) Except for the bit where I pressed what I thought was the button to open the disc thing, and it was actually a button to restart the computer. I had 9 or 10 tables open at the time too lol. Probably cost me a buyin or two.

That hand was cruel, lol, especially the King on the river to give you the house and rub it in.  At least you can say you lost to quads though :) And if it's any consolation, I've just had Aces cracked by Quad 5s, lol

hi ep, hope you have plenty of success with your new toys :-) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cheers Devon :) The new computer has definitely made me want to grind again, had totally lost interest until today.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : Yeah, the new computer is awesome :) Except for the bit where I pressed what I thought was the button to open the disc thing, and it was actually a button to restart the computer. I had 9 or 10 tables open at the time too lol. Probably cost me a buyin or two. That hand was cruel, lol, especially the King on the river to give you the house and rub it in.  At least you can say you lost to quads though :) And if it's any consolation, I've just had Aces cracked by Quad 5s, lol In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : Cheers Devon :) The new computer has definitely made me want to grind again, had totally lost interest until today.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    You are not fun to play against! I'm in serious need to make some adjustments vs you. Especially when you flop quad aces vs my KK lol. I would wish you gl, but you were on fire the tables I played you on haha.
  • edited June 2012
    hi again ep,
    i,ve ordered a new 27" monitor myself today,should arrive b4 nxt wed.
    so even more tables 4me 2....hooooray.  lol
    gl m8.
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012

Thursday 14th June

As you may have noticed from the earlier posts on this page and the change of thread title, my new computer arrived earlier today. I've stuck a photo further up this page :)

My return to grinding today resulted in me earning more C4P that I have all month. Unfortunately, the results today weren't too great, mostly due to running terribly in my first session, monster hands being cracked by random bingo junk continually, which put me about a dozen buy-ins down. I started running better again later, but the whole session was damage limitation, really.

Felt as if I played okay for the most part, just need to learn to fold in them spots where my head says I'm beat but my hand feels like it's too big to fold and it makes no sense for me to not be winning the hand because the villain has a hand that they shouldn't ever have. An example of this is where someone limp/called my 5x raise, I had AQ, the board ran out A77x3, I value bet 3 streets and shove the river, thinking the villain is a massive fish and will probably have Ace Rag which he can't fold a lot of the time. Nope, he has 73o. At least I was half right.

I also need to stop bet/calling min raises on the river against players who only raise when they have the nuts, when I know it's the easiest bet/fold ever.

On the bright side, the amount of C4P earned today probably means I'll probably get a decent amount of my losses back at the end of the month anyway, so today isn't a disaster by any stretch of the imagination.

Interestingly, I found there was a strangely high amount of Quads out today, too - I flopped Quad Kings twice, Quad Aces, Quad 5s, had Aces cracked by Quad 5s all in pre, plus I got TT v AJ all in pre, the other guy flopped trips and turned Quad Aces. Quads everywhere today. Probably won't see Quads again for the rest of the year now, lol. Variance ftw.

£5.50 DYM - Played 134, Won 71, Lost 63, -£27.00

Poker Bankroll: £353.16
    Today: -£27.00
    This month: +£106.32
    C4P Earned today: 670
    C4P: 1196 (£11.96)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : You are not fun to play against! I'm in serious need to make some adjustments vs you. Especially when you flop quad aces vs my KK lol. I would wish you gl, but you were on fire the tables I played you on haha.
    Posted by patwalshh
    That was the one where you folded on the river and I showed, right? Don't remember many of the DYM hands that I play 'cause most of them are fairly standard, but I remember un-ticking the "Hide winning hands" box for that one, lol.

Gl except when you're in a hand with me )

hi again ep, i,ve ordered a new 27" monitor myself today,should arrive b4 nxt wed. so even more tables 4me 2....hooooray.  lol gl m8. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Sounds awesome :D How much did that cost you? Those things aren't cheap :P
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep
    only cost £199.99 on-line at currys/pc world.
    there were a few more that were a bit more expensive that i could have gone for,but i figured it comes with a 1 yr guarantee & 3 yr screen warranty so hey,as long as it works & does the job,that,ll do 4me.
    gl m8,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    hi ep only cost £199.99 on-line at currys/pc world. there were a few more that were a bit more expensive that i could have gone for,but i figured it comes with a 1 yr guarantee & 3 yr screen warranty so hey,as long as it works & does the job,that,ll do 4me. gl m8, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Nice :D Bargain tbh. And it still lets you play the same amount of tables as the more expensive ones, that's all that matters :)
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep,
    yes m8.
    i paid £385 i ithink 4 my viewsonic 27"the 1 i am on now,so yey,think it,s a bargain.
    don,t know if i will need 2 buy a new desk to go with it,as mine is only 4ft long,might just fit on.  lol
    gl buddy,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep only cost £199.99 on-line at currys/pc world. there were a few more that were a bit more expensive that i could have gone for,but i figured it comes with a 1 yr guarantee & 3 yr screen warranty so hey,as long as it works & does the job,that,ll do 4me. gl m8, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    What resolution is it?, if its 1920 x 1080 its a waste of money.
  • edited June 2012
    hi spad3s
    it is 1920x1080 and so is my viewsonic that i,m on now which cost £385.
    i find the picture fine so i can,t see what your problem is?
    perphaps u could enlighten me?
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    hi spad3s it is 1920x1080 and so is my viewsonic that i,m on now which cost £385. i find the picture fine so i can,t see what your problem is? perphaps u could enlighten me? dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Sorry, I just meant its a waste if you bought to multitable poker.

Screen size doesnt matter here, its only resolution that matters.
    You could have just bought a 20-22"  1920x1080  monitor for around 60 - 80 pound and you would have the exact same screen space.

I would say a 27 inch monitor is too big for that resolution, you would want 2560x1440.
  • edited June 2012
    hi Spad3s,
    yes,i am buying it specifically to multi-table.
    i also have a 23" atm which after playing on my 27" seems like a portable.
    i,m sure if u have watched say a 42"+ size tv or bigger then gone back to say a 28" you would understand.
    as to the resolution needing 2b as you said,2560x1440 you may well be right.
    but as i,ve already mentioned i find the picture plenty good enough on 1920x1080.
    as to the price £199.99 2/3 of that has been payed 4 by cash poker winnings from another site,so it will in real terms be costing me about £70/£80.
    i hope this clears things up & no hard feelings,
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : That was the one where you folded on the river and I showed, right? Don't remember many of the DYM hands that I play 'cause most of them are fairly standard, but I remember un-ticking the "Hide winning hands" box for that one, lol. Gl except when you're in a hand with me ) In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : Sounds awesome :D How much did that cost you? Those things aren't cheap :P
    Posted by EvilPingu
    I decided to take an unconventional line that I wouldn't take against anyone else, and you ended up showing quads aces haha. gl gl 

sick volume yesterday by the way lol 
  • edited June 2012
    Friday 15th June

I never realised how difficult it is to win 87p before )

Started off this morning with a bit of 4NL, a short 1 hour session to see how many tables I could play at once. I can fit up to 24 tables on my two monitors, so the aim was to try and get up to 24 tables if I possibly could. However, this plan changed somewhat when there was only a dozen 4NL tables running at the start of the session. Oh well.

I joined every single 4NL waiting list, and sat on the empty tables which soon filled up. Before long, I was struggling to keep up with the action, and once I got to 18 tables, I decided that there was just no point in loading any more tables. Played 18 tables for around an hour, and finished with a small profit of £4.17, which I'm pleased with, I was expecting to play like a total fish and lose a load of money instead.

Got some more DYMs in while the football was on, I played until just before midnight and added just under 500 C4P to my total for the month. Not setting any targets for this month, but I'm hoping to end up with a decent C4P total at the end of the month.

18 x 4NL, +£4.17

£3.30 DYM - Played 6, Won 4, Lost 2, +£4.20
    £5.50 DYM - Played 65, Won 36, Lost 29, +£2.50
    £11 DYM - Played 10, Won 5, Lost 5, -£10.00

Euro All In - Didn't cash.

Poker Bankroll: £354.03
    Today: +£0.87
    This month: +£107.19
    C4P Earned today: 486
    C4P: 1,682 (£16.82)

• edited June 2012
    Hi Andy/EP,

I enjoy reading your diary (and I'm a Big fan) but this makes we wonder....

"I joined every single 4NL waiting list, and sat on the empty tables which soon filled up. Before long, I was struggling to keep up with the action, and once I got to 18 tables, I decided that there was just no point in loading any more tables. Played 18 tables for around an hour, and finished with a small profit of £4.17, which I'm pleased with"

Could I ask how does one play optimally when playing SO many tables?
  • edited June 2012
    hi Spad3s, yes,i am buying it specifically to multi-table. i also have a 23" atm which after playing on my 27" seems like a portable. i,m sure if u have watched say a 42"+ size tv or bigger then gone back to say a 28" you would understand. as to the resolution needing 2b as you said,2560x1440 you may well be right. but as i,ve already mentioned i find the picture plenty good enough on 1920x1080. as to the price £199.99 2/3 of that has been payed 4 by cash poker winnings from another site,so it will in real terms be costing me about £70/£80. i hope this clears things up & no hard feelings, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I think what Spad3s is trying to say is that if you've currently got a 23", 1920x1080 monitor, then getting a 27" monitor with the same resolution isn't going to matter for Poker as you'll still only be able to play the same number of tables.

In Response to Re: Donk actually plays some Poker. It's a miracle! [EvilPingu's Diary] : I decided to take an unconventional line that I wouldn't take against anyone else, and you ended up showing quads aces haha. gl gl  sick volume yesterday by the way lol 
    Posted by patwalshh
    Haha, yeah, played pretty much non-stop yesterday lol
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Andy/EP, I enjoy reading your diary (and I'm a Big fan) but this makes we wonder.... "I joined every single 4NL waiting list, and sat on the empty tables which soon filled up. Before long, I was struggling to keep up with the action, and once I got to 18 tables, I decided that there was just no point in loading any more tables. Played 18 tables for around an hour, and finished with a small profit of £4.17, which I'm pleased with" Could I ask how does one play optimally when playing SO many tables?
    Posted by Glenelg
    The answer is that you don't play optimally. It's a tough one for me to answer because I've never played 18 tables before (until yesterday/today).

The two things I had to contend with were no reads on anyone unless I had notes beforehand, because you're always concentrating on something else, and not really watching the action when you're not in a hand.

Timing out was a problem too, sometimes I'd be trying to get value from 4 or 5 different hands at once, then I'd get dealt QJo on the button, which I'd usually raise 100% of the time, but instead, I'm playing other hands so I just fold the QJo because I can't be bothered with the 1.5bb in the middle when there's a couple of 100bb+ pots going on elsewhere, so that's probably not optimal either.

---

BTW, it's worth pointing out to anyone who thinks I'm crazy/stupid/whatever for going from 9 tables to 18 straight away that yesterday's session was a one off, basically finding out what is the absolute maximum number of tables I can play before my head explodes. Most of the time, I'll be playing less than that.