You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lolpro runs eternally terrible [EvilPingu's Diary]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Saturday 16th June

Another day where I played a lot of DYMs, but finished almost break even again. I felt I played a bit worse than yesterday, but there's a couple of things which I've noticed and I'll try to adjust tomorrow, and see how it goes. Although I'll end up with a decent amount of money in C4P at the end of the month, I'd also like to be making some money from actually beating the games as well. Not sure where my ROI% has gone, it's nosedived this month, and that was before I got the new computer as well.

In the last two days, I've picked up around 1,500 C4P, so if I keep earning 500 C4P a day, I'll get really close to Priority Club at the end of the month. Not expecting to get there this month, but I'll probably go for Priority Club next month.

I'm staying up all night to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans, so if anyone wants some free money, come find me on the tables tomorrow ;)

£3.30 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£2.70
    £5.50 DYM - Played 89, Won 49, Lost 40, +£0.50
    £11 DYM - Played 2, Won 1, Lost 1, -£2.00

Poker Bankroll: £355.23
    Today: +£1.20
    This month: +£108.39
    C4P Earned today: 468
    C4P: 2,150 (£25.80)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Saturday 16th June Another day where I played a lot of DYMs, but finished almost break even again. I felt I played a bit worse than yesterday, but there's a couple of things which I've noticed and I'll try to adjust tomorrow, and see how it goes. Although I'll end up with a decent amount of money in C4P at the end of the month, I'd also like to be making some money from actually beating the games as well. Not sure where my ROI% has gone, it's nosedived this month, and that was before I got the new computer as well. In the last two days, I've picked up around 1,500 C4P, so if I keep earning 500 C4P a day, I'll get really close to Priority Club at the end of the month. Not expecting to get there this month, but I'll probably go for Priority Club next month. I'm staying up all night to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans, so if anyone wants some free money, come find me on the tables tomorrow ;)£3.30 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£2.70 £5.50 DYM - Played 89, Won 49, Lost 40, +£0.50 £11 DYM - Played 2, Won 1, Lost 1, -£2.00 ********** Poker Bankroll: £355.23 Today: +£1.20 This month: +£108.39 C4P Earned today: 468 C4P: 2,150 (£25.80) **********
    Posted by EvilPingu
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep,
    and i thought i could grind   lol
    keep going m8,i,m sure you will soon be winning again.
    how many tables were you playing?
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Sunday 17th June

I decided to start off playing cash today, for a bit of a change. I loaded up 12 tables, but most of them had a waiting list, so I opened up a few more and before I knew it, I had 21 tables going at once. Fast forward an hour to the end of the session, and despite picking up some decent starting hands, I didn't run too great once all the money was in the middle, and ended up 2 buyins down. C'est la vie.

Played some DYMs, but didn't get as much volume as the last couple of days. However, I did end up with a small profit :) Also made £10 in the Lucky Sevens which I got into for free. Unfortunately lost a flip against a limp/caller with 14 left which crippled me, if I win that race then I have a massive stack and cash for a hell of a lot more than £10.

21 x 4NL, -£7.64
    Master Cash 3, +£6.11

£5.50 DYM, Played 42, Won 24, Lost 18, +£9.00

(FREE) Lucky Sevens, 14/124, +£10.00

Poker Bankroll: £372.70
    Today: +£17.47
    This month: +£125.86
    C4P Earned today: 259
    C4P: 2,409 (£28.91)

• edited June 2012
    hi ep, and i thought i could grind   lol keep going m8,i,m sure you will soon be winning again. how many tables were you playing? :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hiya,
    I've been playing between 12 and 18 tables most of the time, depending on how many I feel like playing. Can manage up to 24 tables in theory, but I struggle to keep up with the action once I get to about 16 or 17 tables.
  • edited June 2012
    Hi

Impressed with the number of tables!
    I can only manage 7 before my computer either wants to blow up or i find i'm sitting out on the bubble in half my games.
    Do you play the different level dym's to maintain volume rather than waiting for new games at the level your happiest with?

Regards
    Jac
  • edited June 2012
    Monday 18th June

Didn't play at all yesterday.

Poker Bankroll: £372.70
    Today: +£0.00
    This month: +£125.86
    C4P Earned today: 0
    C4P: 2,409 (£28.91)

• edited June 2012
    Hi Impressed with the number of tables! I can only manage 7 before my computer either wants to blow up or i find i'm sitting out on the bubble in half my games. Do you play the different level dym's to maintain volume rather than waiting for new games at the level your happiest with? Regards Jac
    Posted by Jac35
    Hiya,

I used to have the same problem with only being able to play a few tables at once, you get used to it though, as long as the computer doesn't blow up lol.

There's usually enough games running at the level I play (£5.50) in the evenings and weekends. Had a session earlier though, and when I started (about 3pm), I had to play some £3.30 games as well to have a decent number of tables running, so sometimes I'll drop down to get more volume, and I'll occasionally open a £11 game if I think there's some value.
  • edited June 2012
    Tuesday 19th June

Had a rather boring, uneventful session playing DYMs earlier, which I finished exactly 5p down. I felt I played quite well but another boring break even day, which is getting slightly tedious but I guess it's better than losing money...

Unfortunately couldn't resist the urge to be a TV tart, and decided to sit at Master Cash 9 and donk off £20, which pretty much undoes all of the profit from the last few days. 

On the bright side, I correctly predicted that England would win 1-0 and Rooney would score first in the Goals, Goals, Goals thread, so I'll be getting free entry into tomorrow night's Doublestack as a result - I'm just hoping my entry is valid as I posted it about 10 seconds before kickoff!

£1.15 DYM - Played 1, Lost 1, -£1.15
    £3.30 DYM - Played 8, Won 5, Lost 3, +£3.60
    £5.50 DYM - Played 35, Won 19, Lost 16, -£2.50

Master Cash 9, -£20.44

Euro All In - Didn't cash.

Poker Bankroll: £352.21
    Today: -£20.49
    This month: +£105.32
    C4P Earned today: 217
    C4P: 2,626 (£31.52)

• edited June 2012
    Wednesday 20th June

Finally ran well in the DYMs today, which I was pleasantly surprised by. I think I played better as well. I've made a couple of tweaks to my game which I feel have been successful, so fingers crossed I'll keep getting results for the rest of the month.

It's tempting to grind like crazy for the next 10 days and try to get into Priority Club, which would mean playing 140 DYMs a day for the rest of the month. I feel that's possibly achievable but unlikely that I'll manage it, so I'm just looking at getting as many C4P as I can for now.

£5k Doublestack (FREEROLL) - Out without cashing
    £1k Mini Doublestack (£3.30) - Out without cashing
    Timed Tournament (£5.50) - Out... Limp/callers with AA tilt me so bad. Grr.

£3.30 DYM - Played 2, Won 2, +£5.40
    £5.50 DYM - Played 53, Won 33, Lost 20, +£38.50

Poker Bankroll: £387.31
    Today: +£35.10
    This month: +£140.42
    C4P Earned today: 329
    C4P: 2,955 (£35.46)

• edited June 2012
    nice going ep,
    keep it going
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Thursday 21st June

Played as many DYMs as I could today, to see if it'd be possible for me to get into Priority Club this month. I got 736 Cash for Points today, and if I carry on gaining points at that rate, I would get into Priority Club this month. The £280 for 10k points would be a very welcome boost to my bankroll if I can get there. However, I had to play pretty much all day to get the amount of volume that I did today, so whether I can be bothered doing that for the next 9 days will determine whether I get into Priority Club or not.

I had a session this afternoon where I played quite well, and won about £40. I was really pleased with how I played in that session, but unfortunately, it's impossible to play at your best all the time :( My day was ruined by about an hour where I went on monkey tilt and spewed a load of money. 

I still finished almost break even, lost £6.55 (which is actually less than the amount I earned in C4P today) but really p#@&%d off with myself for that tbh, as I should've finished today with another £50 at least on top of my bankroll, if not more. Poker is a strange game, some days you can lose a load of money but do nothing wrong and be happy with how you played, other days you can finish break even or even finish in profit, and play terribly.

I also had the live show on today, and it was rubbish (up until I switched it off, anyway). James is a good analyst, better than some of the 'experts' that have been on the show over the years, so I was looking forward to seeing him back in the analyst's seat. However, I made the mistake of expecting Sky Poker to be talking about Poker - after a few minutes, I had to check to make sure I wasn't accidently watching Sky Movies! Decided I couldn't be bothered with the live show and switched it off after an hour or so.  I'm not Sarah's biggest fan either, I think if it had been anyone else presenting I wouldn't have switched the telly off as soon as I did.

Plan for tomorrow is to grind again, I'm hoping that I can get a couple of days of 1k C4P, which will make getting into Priority Club this month slightly easier. And hopefully I won't play like a complete donk again, either!

£2.25 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£1.75
    £3.30 DYM - Played 6, Won 3, Lost 3, -£1.80
    £5.50 DYM - Played 141, Won 78, Lost 63, +£4.50 
    £11 DYM - Played 1, Won 0, Lost 1, -£11.00

Poker Bankroll: £380.76
    Today: -£6.55
    This month: +£133.87
    C4P Earned today: 736
    C4P: 3,691 (£51.67)

• edited June 2012
    Thursday 21st June Played as many DYMs as I could today, to see if it'd be possible for me to get into Priority Club this month. I got 736 Cash for Points today, and if I carry on gaining points at that rate, I would get into Priority Club this month. The £280 for 10k points would be a very welcome boost to my bankroll if I can get there. However, I had to play pretty much all day to get the amount of volume that I did today, so whether I can be bothered doing that for the next 9 days will determine whether I get into Priority Club or not. I had a session this afternoon where I played quite well, and won about £40. I was really pleased with how I played in that session, but unfortunately, it's impossible to play at your best all the time :( My day was ruined by about an hour where I went on monkey tilt and spewed a load of money.  I still finished almost break even, lost £6.55 (which is actually less than the amount I earned in C4P today) but really p#@&%d off with myself for that tbh, as I should've finished today with another £50 at least on top of my bankroll, if not more. Poker is a strange game, some days you can lose a load of money but do nothing wrong and be happy with how you played, other days you can finish break even or even finish in profit, and play terribly. I also had the live show on today, and it was rubbish (up until I switched it off, anyway). James is a good analyst, better than some of the 'experts' that have been on the show over the years, so I was looking forward to seeing him back in the analyst's seat. However, I made the mistake of expecting Sky Poker to be talking about Poker - after a few minutes, I had to check to make sure I wasn't accidently watching Sky Movies! Decided I couldn't be bothered with the live show and switched it off after an hour or so.  I'm not Sarah's biggest fan either, I think if it had been anyone else presenting I wouldn't have switched the telly off as soon as I did. Plan for tomorrow is to grind again, I'm hoping that I can get a couple of days of 1k C4P, which will make getting into Priority Club this month slightly easier. And hopefully I won't play like a complete donk again, either! £2.25 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£1.75 £3.30 DYM - Played 6, Won 3, Lost 3, -£1.80 £5.50 DYM - Played 141, Won 78, Lost 63, +£4.50  £11 DYM - Played 1, Won 0, Lost 1, -£11.00 ********** Poker Bankroll: £380.56 Today: -£6.55 This month: +£133.87 C4P Earned today: 736 C4P: 3,691 (£51.67) ********** 
    Posted by EvilPingu
    It really tilts me, when you post that you won '78 £5.50 dyms and lost just 63' and only made £4.50. It just puts into perspective how much of an impact the rake has on results. And how much you have to crush such games to have a solid winrate. All the best, patwalshh
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : It really tilts me, when you post that you won '78 £5.50 dyms and lost just 63' and only made £4.50. It just puts into perspective how much of an impact the rake has on results. And how much you have to crush such games to have a solid winrate. All the best, patwalshh
    Posted by patwalshh
    Have you seen the new sharkscope software which has an option to show your graph without rake.... dont press it, its depressing..

It's rather like looking at your monhtly payslip in the office, thinking thats nice, and then looking in the Tax collum, and thinking... oh sheet!!!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : Have you seen the new sharkscope software which has an option to show your graph without rake.... dont press it, its depressing.. It's rather like looking at your monhtly payslip in the office, thinking thats nice, and then looking in the Tax collum, and thinking... oh sheet!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yeah I have, it's so depressing! It's funny to play around with it with some of the really heavy volume guys on PS
  • edited June 2012
    You do get a lot around 30 percent of that rake paid back if you get 10,000 points.
    Can get around 60 percent back if you get enough points.
    But yeah, rake is too high and punishes the casual or small stakes players much more.

Just amazes me to see you guys grind so many of these £5 DYMS.
    You are the dream player for sky poker. Lots of robotic volume, little profit, lots of rake paid, lots of £ for sky poker, very little room for improvement or development.
    You may as well be bots.
  • edited June 2012
    You do get a lot around 30 percent of that rake paid back if you get 10,000 points. Can get around 60 percent back if you get enough points. But yeah, rake is too high and punishes the casual or small stakes players much more. Just amazes me to see you guys grind so many of these £5 DYMS. You are the dream player for sky poker. Lots of robotic volume, little profit, lots of rake paid, lots of £ for sky poker, very little room for improvement or development. You may as well be bots.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Biggest troll on the forum award goes to.....

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : Biggest troll on the forum award goes to.....
    Posted by patwalshh

No Pat, just my honest opinion.

These DYMs are very robotic and I would guess if you took some of the best DYM players on the site and looked at their winnings, Sky will have made more money from that players rake then that player has profited.

I think a better focus is to move up in stakes and play cash rather then try and move up in volume and down in stakes. Thats just my opinion.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : No Pat, just my honest opinion. These DYMs are very robotic and I would guess if you took some of the best DYM players on the site and looked at their winnings, Sky will have made more money from that players rake then that player has profited. I think a better focus is to move up in stakes and play cash rather then try and move up in volume and down in stakes. Thats just my opinion.
    Posted by Spad3s
    I fully agree with the bolded. However some players like myself, just aren't cash players and dislike it. It definitely depends on what your goal is though. Some people are happy with making money from what they play. Whereas others want to put maximum effort in and move up through the stakes. 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : I fully agree with the bolded. However some players like myself, just aren't cash players and dislike it. It definitely depends on what your goal is though. Some people are happy with making money from what they play. Whereas others want to put maximum effort in and move up through the stakes. 
    Posted by patwalshh

You are prob new enough to poker, I can guarantee if you keep playing poker...you will eventually move to cash.

Pretty much inevitable.
  • edited June 2012
    Friday 22nd June

Didn't play that much today, I had a short session when I woke up (about 5pm), but not much volume. However, there was one good thing to come from today - I played some £11 DYMs, and had a really good day, won myself 6 buy-ins, and despite not running so good in the £5.50 games that I played, I finished the day with a healthy profit, although not as much C4P as I would like.

My spreadsheet makes insteresting reading this month - I have apparently played 699 £5.50 DYMs, Won 385 and lost 314, which leaves me with a massive profit of... £5.50 - Yes, one whole buy-in, and Sky have taken just under £350 in rake from me in this time. Sigh, lol.

Will reply to posts above tomorrow (or later, whatever) when I wake up. Going for 1k C4P tomorrow, keep the Priority Club dream alive for this month, which will mean a lot of £5.50 DYMs (again) and probably throw a few £11s in as well :) No better time to move up a level than at the weekend when the games are at their softest.

£3.30 DYM - Played 3, Won 1, Lost 2, -£3.90
    £5.50 DYM - Played 15, Won 6, Lost 9, -£22.50
    £11 DYM - Played 14, Won 11, Lost 3, +£66.00

Poker Bankroll: £420.36
    Today: +£39.60
    This month: +£173.47
    C4P Earned today: 224
    C4P: 3,915 (£54.81)

• edited June 2012

Hi evilpingu good to see your rebuilding your roll back up nice and steadily. As for going for priority this month I think you should just get your head down and plough through it to get there. You'll obv need to put a lot of volume in but once you hit it it'll be worth it especially if your a dym specialist as your monthly rake back is gonna be a massive % of your total profit. Plus you get all sorts of other perks and promo's and the 3 month + boost.

GL anyway

• edited June 2012
    As for the above posts about playing dym's I agree with spad3s. I really don't know how anyone could grind them day after day but each to there own. I think they are just rake machines (especially at the lower stakes) and I don't really think you can improve you game by playing them (someone please correct me if you think otherwise, im no expert) as there is a set way to play them with little room for mannouver. Also I think as you move up your edge becomes so small, whereas in cash or MTT's your edge can be so much bigger especially if you table select well.
  • edited June 2012
    Saturday 23rd June

No prizes for guessing what I played today... Lol.

Didn't get the 1k C4P that I was intending to get today, but I still got a decent amount of points which means that I've not fallen any further behind on getting into Priority Club this month, either - 700 C4P a day, with one day where I get 1k, will be enough. 

As well as getting into Priority Club this month, I'm looking at putting in even more volume next month - Bus fare every day to get to College next year, plus train fares and renting accommodation for university open days over the next few months won't be cheap. I want to go to the SPT Grand Final as well if I can, so I'll need to get the money from somewhere. £1,100 for 25k C4P next month, if not more, would be very useful indeed :)

£3.30 DYM - Played 3, Won 3, Lost 0, +£8.10
    £5.50 DYM - Played 30, Won 18, Lost 12, +£15.00
    £11 DYM - Played 48, Won 26, Lost 22, -£8.00
    £16.50 DYM - Played 1, Won , Lost , -£16.50

Also got a £5 Free Bet from Sky Bet, picked 5 random football teams, did a Lucky 31 and won £10.16 which I withdrew. Free money ftw :)

Poker Bankroll: £418.96
    Today: -£1.40
    This month: +£173.07
    C4P Earned today: 654
    C4P: 4,569 (£73.10)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    nice going ep, keep it going :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Thanks mate :)

In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : It really tilts me, when you post that you won '78 £5.50 dyms and lost just 63' and only made £4.50. It just puts into perspective how much of an impact the rake has on results. And how much you have to crush such games to have a solid winrate. All the best, patwalshh
    Posted by patwalshh

The winrates you need to overcome the rake aren't brilliant - 55%, or 11 wins per 20 games, is break even. It's a shame that the rake stays at 10% as the stakes increase on here, unlike other sites where the rake is often lower. It'd be great to log on one day and find that the £11 DYMs had become £10.80 DYMs or something :)

Hi evilpingu good to see your rebuilding your roll back up nice and steadily. As for going for priority this month I think you should just get your head down and plough through it to get there. You'll obv need to put a lot of volume in but once you hit it it'll be worth it especially if your a dym specialist as your monthly rake back is gonna be a massive % of your total profit. Plus you get all sorts of other perks and promo's and the 3 month + boost. GL anyway
    Posted by Curt360x27

Cheers :) Yeah, need to put the volume in and get there ASAP. The main thing for me is all of the perks that you get for being in Priority Club, plus direct buy-in for SPTs as I'd like to play a few of them next year, without having to bother with satellites.

As for the above posts about playing dym's I agree with spad3s. I really don't know how anyone could grind them day after day but each to there own. I think they are just rake machines (especially at the lower stakes) and I don't really think you can improve you game by playing them (someone please correct me if you think otherwise, im no expert) as there is a set way to play them with little room for mannouver. Also I think as you move up your edge becomes so small, whereas in cash or MTT's your edge can be so much bigger especially if you table select well.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Agree that the biggest winner is the rake, and as long as Sky charge 10% rake, that's always going to be the case. However, they're still beatable.

As for improving your game by playing them - I think you can argue both ways on that one. I believe that playing any Poker is going to improve your game in some way, the difference with DYMs is that a lot of the things in DYMs are only really useful in DYMs, sometimes in satellites around the bubble, and not much else, so playing DYMs won't make you a better or worse Cash or Tournament player.

I can't comment on the thing about the edge, because I haven't really played that high - I've only played a handful of games at £16.50 and above, but there's definitely enough of an edge at £11. The only thing I know is that the regs get better but fish are still fish. There's players on Sky who have lost tens of thousands of pounds on DYMs at £33+, and even after a few thousand games, they still make fundamental errors such as limping into pots. 

For that reason, I'd be surprised if a good player with good game selection was unable to beat the rake. Sky's 10% rake doesn't make it any easier for players at those levels though. I'd be interested to see what effect dropping the rake to maybe 8% would have on the number of games running at the higher levels - It'd almost certainly generate more action, and probably more rake for Sky, too.
  • edited June 2012
    DYMs  do my nut in, I accidentally reg'd for a £20 quid one last night that wasnt full of regs. Thought ok gotta take this one seriously and follow optimal strategy. Despite being card dead pretty much kept stack intact. Then on the bubble with about 10 bb dealt aj, shoved into the blinds get looked up by pocket sevens, flop comes aj7. Turn and River Blank Blank, sigh.......

I much prefer cash, and husngs.

Get motoring to priority EP, im on 7.2k race you there !
  • edited June 2012

I think DYM rake is only fair at 5% but I'd welcome any reduction in DYM rake as a starting point. I've stated my  argument for 5% DYM rake lots of times on these forums and here it is again: They pay exacly the same as heads up STTs 50% of the player pool wins 100% and the other 50% loses.

• edited June 2012

Is it taking you longer than expected to adjust to the mass multi tabling?

Before you got your comp I remember you posted your dym stats/roi in a clinic thread and you were up @ 8% I think, it was very healthy anyway.....

Been keeping an eye on this thread and it seems you're always around break even in big sessions. I agree with others that priority is important for dymers, but it's not so important for winning players or players that can crush the games, like you used to do.

Maybe putting too much emphasis on multi tabling/volume and not enough on looking after your ROI and beating the games. 

Your last 1k games you're pretty much break even, could be run bad etc but it might be down to pushing the multi tabling too far, I dunno. 

An 8% roi over that 1,000 game sample @ 8% ROI in £5 dyms would have given you a £440 profit. 

Crushing games > Crushing volume imo. 

• edited June 2012
    thanks evilpingu - it´s you and dev that have helped me to move to a higher level in multi-tabling.

that being said - he, but more particularly you, are playing well below your capabilities, and hence enduring more rake than need be.

I remember when you arrived here in a blaze of glory - all gung ho etc - and it´s been impressive watching how you have matured as a player.

but that doesn´t mean you need to be keeping Sky in business single handedly.

if the rake at dym is too high - stop playing dym - play cash - play mtts - play whatever, but make sure you get paid for your edge not Sky!

i´ve no doubt you should be playing much higher levels than me, but you will not get there binking around in the undergrowth forever.
  • edited June 2012
    Pingu you play DYMS like a cretin