You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lolpro runs eternally terrible [EvilPingu's Diary]

Comments

• edited June 2012
    stick that in ya diary you bell end
  • edited June 2012
    Apparently there's a page 31 and 602 posts, but I can't see anything on the seemingly non-existant Page 31, which is incredibly tilting.

Will post update and reply to posts in a minute.
  • edited June 2012
    Sunday 24th June

Having failed to get 1k C4P yesterday, I decided that instead, today was the day where I was going to put in that extra volume. Unfortunately, just like yesterday, I could only manage around 700 C4P, although unlike yesterday, this was completely out of my control. 

As a result of the England match, getting any games started after 8pm was an absolute nightmare, so I decided that rather than continuing to play when I could barely get 6 tables running, any less than that and I usually go on boredom tilt, it'd be better to do real life stuff and put in the extra volume over the next week or so instead.

The session itself went alright, I felt I played really well today, but I couldn't have run any worse than I did at the beginning. Whereas previously, I've ran terrible but played not particularly brilliantly either, I can't think of many things that I would've done differently today.  Although £18 profit isn't really a reflection of how I played today, I'm really happy with how I played compared to previous days, and pleased that I ended up with a profit despite running horribly to begin with.

Also, I was reminded that "The Secret Millionaire" with Andrew Feldman was on tonight on Channel 4 (or last night, it's 5am already...) by fellow Team51 member Macapaca. I missed it on TV but have just watched it on 4oD. For anyone who hasn't already seen it, I've posted a link - It's well worth watching IMO. I didn't rate Andrew Feldman much until seeing this but I definitely have a lot more respect for him now. 

(@ Mods - Don't think there's any problems with me posting that link, although if there is, let me know and I'll remove it.)

£3.30 DYM - Played 3, Won 1, Lost 2, -£3.90
    £5.50 DYM - Played 57, Won 30, Lost 27, -£13.50
    £11 DYM - Played 44, Won 26, Lost 18, +£36.00

Poker Bankroll: £437.56
    Today: +£18.60
    This month: +£191.67
    C4P Earned today: 734
    C4P: 5,303 (£95.45)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    DYMs  do my nut in, I accidentally reg'd for a £20 quid one last night that wasnt full of regs. Thought ok gotta take this one seriously and follow optimal strategy. Despite being card dead pretty much kept stack intact. Then on the bubble with about 10 bb dealt aj, shoved into the blinds get looked up by pocket sevens, flop comes aj7. Turn and River Blank Blank, sigh....... I much prefer cash, and husngs. Get motoring to priority EP, im on 7.2k race you there !
    Posted by ACEGOONER

You're on :)

I had a hand earlier, think it was 2nd level, limped pot, checked to me in the BB with 93o, so I check. Flop 973 with 2 of a suit - Boom! I think the SB, who completed, lead out, I re-raise and SB sets me all in? I was thinking "Don't go broke in a limped pot, especially not in a DYM", but also "I have blockers to 99 and 33, so if I fold, I'm basically putting him on 77". I sigh called it off, not really delighted about my two pair but not really thinking I could fold, and he turned over... You guessed it, them pesky 7s. I didn't improve either :(

I think DYM rake is only fair at 5% but I'd welcome any reduction in DYM rake as a starting point. I've stated my  argument for 5% DYM rake lots of times on these forums and here it is again: They pay exacly the same as heads up STTs 50% of the player pool wins 100% and the other 50% loses.
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

I can see the logic behind that, although I don't think it's that simple. 

Rake on other sites which offer DYMs (or DoN's as they are known on most sites) is also still higher relative to their HU rake. The only disappointing thing for me about DYM rake on here is that it's ridiculous at the micro stakes, and it doesn't decrease as the stakes go up, it still remains at 10%, despite the edge that one player has over the others generally getting smaller.

I believe that it'd be in Sky's best interests to go for 10% rake maximum at all levels, and start decreasing the rake as the stakes get higher. 

Whilst I certainly wouldn't object to 5% rake, I don't think it's realistic, unfortunately.
  • edited June 2012
    Is it taking you longer than expected to adjust to the mass multi tabling? Before you got your comp I remember you posted your dym stats/roi in a clinic thread and you were up @ 8% I think, it was very healthy anyway..... Been keeping an eye on this thread and it seems you're always around break even in big sessions. I agree with others that priority is important for dymers, but it's not so important for winning players or players that can crush the games, like you used to do. Maybe putting too much emphasis on multi tabling/volume and not enough on looking after your ROI and beating the games.  Your last 1k games you're pretty much break even, could be run bad etc but it might be down to pushing the multi tabling too far, I dunno.  An 8% roi over that 1,000 game sample @ 8% ROI in £5 dyms would have given you a £440 profit.  Crushing games /> Crushing volume imo. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Agree with pretty much everything that you've said.

It's taken me a little while to adjust - The main problem for me wasn't the number of tables, but that the tables were on two monitors instead of 1, and I've never had that before, so instead of looking straight ahead, I have to look from side to side to be able to see everything that's happening. Initially, I was finding that I'd forget to look at both monitors and that I'd be timed out on several tables on the second monitor. I've stopped doing that now, thankfully.

My ROI was up at about 6% I think when I posted in the clinic a while back. Tbh, this was probably boosted slightly by the fact that I crushed the £5.50 level in April - I played nearly 500 games @ £5.50 with a 16% ROI, which is incredible, but unfortunately, not something that anyone could realistically expect to be able to maintain in DYMs over a larger sample. 6-8%, maybe 10% is possible, but anything more than that is probably unrealistic.

Part of the reason for being break even this month is because of more tables, which you suggested, although that's probably not the only reason. There's been times where I've been playing as many as 21 tables, and when I'm not used to that, my win rate is obviously going to suffer to a certain extent. I'm usually playing about 12 now, any more than that and my game starts to suffer, I feel slightly rushed which probably affects my decision making. I was break even in 250 or so games in May too though, so the number of tables definitely isn't the only reason

I've also had some run bad, which hasn't helped, and I've been constantly tweaking things in my game where U felt as if I've been making mistakes, and I've been playing better the last couple of days, so hopefully my ROI% will be on the way back up again soon. Just need to run better and be careful with the number of tables I'm playing - I'm guessing that 12-14 is probably optimal for me, as that's what I feel most comfortable with.

thanks evilpingu - it´s you and dev that have helped me to move to a higher level in multi-tabling. that being said - he, but more particularly you, are playing well below your capabilities, and hence enduring more rake than need be.   I remember when you arrived here in a blaze of glory - all gung ho etc - and it´s been impressive watching how you have matured as a player. but that doesn´t mean you need to be keeping Sky in business single handedly. if the rake at dym is too high - stop playing dym - play cash - play mtts - play whatever, but make sure you get paid for your edge not Sky! i´ve no doubt you should be playing much higher levels than me, but you will not get there binking around in the undergrowth forever.
    Posted by GELDY

Thanks for the advice :)

I'm aware that I could probably beat higher games than what I'm currently rolled for. Before I withdrew my roll to buy this computer, I did alright @ 20NL. Unfortunately, I'm not rolled for much else other than DYMs atm.

Sky's tournament schedule is rubbish (IMO, and that's being polite about it), even more so as I can't stand Bounty Hunters - If I'm going to win or run deep in a tournament, I don't want half of the money that I deserve to win to go to people playing bingo to try and knock people out to "get dat bounty!!!11one", and don't get me started on 15% rake below £11!

With nowhere near enough tournaments that I would enjoy playing for me to build a bankroll, that leaves me with Micro stakes cash and DYMs. DYMs are the lesser of two evils, in that at least I'm getting decent C4P, whereas micro stakes is equally slow and painful but you get about 1 C4P every year @ 4NL. 

Unfortunately, both are nowhere near as fun as triple barreling with 9 high @ 50NL :( I'll be back donating again once I've got a decent roll again, don't worry :P
  • edited June 2012
    7.73k pingu and closing in. Mainly played hypers yest, been looking at my playing style more, what other players may be doing to counteract it and then adjusting accordingly. In truth I havent analysed what im doing in these in nearly enough detail. Result roi of 15% for the day on 60ish games, variance I know but encouraging start.

Also managed to get into the primo for £9 quid yest. Was knocked out by the eventual winner when i raised up jj pre only to be called by villain. Flop comes 3 2 9, dryer than the sahara desert. I lead out he min raises I shove for my tournie life, he snap calls turns over a7! Turn brings a flush draw and the river yes its a pesky ace. In these situations the most annoying quote is you want your op to call! Its not a question of me being short, I had over 20bb or him being pot committed its just another player making a bad call and walking away with £1,400 at the end of the night. I will be playing more mtts over the coming weeks so will be hoping for better luck. I always seem to do better on another site when I play mtts.

Planning on playing a load more this evening.

• edited June 2012
    hi ep,
    i,m now up to 15 tables dym..ing.
    i load up on my left hand screen 9 tables
    then all new games open up on r/h screen and as each game finishes on l/h screen i move 1 over from the r/h screen.
    basically,all my attention is on the 9 games on left screen .
    obviously i can still keep an eye on all tables and more or less only go all-in when aa or kk come up on early doors right screen.
    anyway,it,s still quite early days @ 15 +tables 4 me and i,m sure will get easier.
    just thought i,d let u know how i am approaching playing them,as optimally as possible.
    best wishes,
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Monday 25th June

The way I ran today was an absolute joke. Won way less than 50% of races, seemed to be the underdog every time I got it in with a pocket pair against two undercards pre-flop. It was so bad that in one hand, I 3bet shoved AA. Before my opponent called, I said to myself that he's going to call with QJ, first card out will be a Queen and turn a Jack to give him two pair and send me out on the bubble. Unbelievably, that is EXACTLY what happened. Total coincidence ofc, but that was how bad I ran today.

If I didn't know better, I'd be whinging about how rigged the site is and all that nonsense. Just need to keep playing and run better :') Didn't play particularly great today, but at the same time, I don't feel an £80 loss is anywhere near representative of how I played, either.

£2.25 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£1.75
    £3.30 DYM - Played 3, Won 3, Lost 0, +£8.10
    £5.50 DYM - Played 51, Won 25, Lost 26 -£30.50
    £11 DYM - Played 46, Won 21, Lost 25, -£86.00
    £16.50 DYM - Played 2, Won 2, Lost 0, +£27.00

Poker Bankroll: £357.91
    Today: -£79.65
    This month: +£112.02
    C4P Earned today: 757
    C4P: 6,060 (£121.20)

• edited June 2012
    An interesting cash hand, the clubs saved me a buy-in :)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Carper211 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £7.80
    goody2sh29 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £11.65
      Your hole cards

EvilPingu Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £8.82
    Finchy78 Fold        
    Robbo67 Fold        
    pegleg177 Fold        
    Carper211 Call   £0.25 £0.70 £7.55
    goody2sh29 Fold        
    Flop

• Q
    • J

Carper211 Check        
    EvilPingu Bet   £0.53 £1.23 £8.29
    Carper211 Call   £0.53 £1.76 £7.02
    Turn

Carper211 Check        
    EvilPingu Check        
    River

Carper211 Check        
    EvilPingu Check        
    Carper211 Show
    • A
    • K

EvilPingu Show

Carper211 Win Flush to the Queen £0.81   £7.83
    EvilPingu Win Flush to the Queen £0.81   £9.10
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Sunday 24th June Having failed to get 1k C4P yesterday, I decided that instead, today was the day where I was going to put in that extra volume. Unfortunately, just like yesterday, I could only manage around 700 C4P, although unlike yesterday, this was completely out of my control.  As a result of the England match, getting any games started after 8pm was an absolute nightmare, so I decided that rather than continuing to play when I could barely get 6 tables running, any less than that and I usually go on boredom tilt, it'd be better to do real life stuff and put in the extra volume over the next week or so instead. The session itself went alright, I felt I played really well today, but I couldn't have run any worse than I did at the beginning. Whereas previously, I've ran terrible but played not particularly brilliantly either, I can't think of many things that I would've done differently today.  Although £18 profit isn't really a reflection of how I played today, I'm really happy with how I played compared to previous days, and pleased that I ended up with a profit despite running horribly to begin with. Also, I was reminded that "The Secret Millionaire" with Andrew Feldman was on tonight on Channel 4 (or last night, it's 5am already...) by fellow Team51 member Macapaca. I missed it on TV but have just watched it on 4oD. For anyone who hasn't already seen it, I've posted a link - It's well worth watching IMO. I didn't rate Andrew Feldman much until seeing this but I definitely have a lot more respect for him now.  http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secret-millionaire/4od#3367855 (@ Mods - Don't think there's any problems with me posting that link, although if there is, let me know and I'll remove it.) £3.30 DYM - Played 3, Won 1, Lost 2, -£3.90 £5.50 DYM - Played 57, Won 30, Lost 27, -£13.50 £11 DYM - Played 44, Won 26, Lost 18, +£36.00 ********** Poker Bankroll: £437.56 Today: +£18.60 This month: +£191.67 C4P Earned today: 734 C4P: 5,303 (£95.45) ********** 
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Incredible episode of secret millionaire,  would recommend it to everyone.  Inspirational
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : Incredible episode of secret millionaire,  would recommend it to everyone.  Inspirational
    Posted by 1267
    Interesting stuff.

Love the fact he thought garlic was onion!
  • edited June 2012
    Tuesday 26th June

After yesterday's disaster, I couldn't be bothered to play DYMs, so I splashed about at 10NL instead. Results were unimpressive, although I didn't lose any money at 10NL. Unfortunately, I lost money on the 20NL Master Cash table which was televised, got myself into an awkward spot barreling a flush draw which missed, only to pick up showdown value on the river which cost me an extra fiver. Didn't really lose massive pots, just 3 or 4 medium sized ones which added up.

Need to get back to grinding tomorrow, 1k C4P a day for the next 4 days will get me into Priority Club, tough but achievable provided I don't go busto before I get there, lol. Will be up watching WSOP live stream and playing all night, and playing tomorrow so should be well over 7k, hopefully nearer to 8k, by the time I post tomorrow.

9 x 10NL, +£0.02
    Master Cash 3, -£44.74
    10 x 10NL, +£2.76

£5.50 DYM - Played 4, Won 2, Lost 2

Poker Bankroll: £315.95
    Today: -£41.96
    This month: +£79.08
    C4P Earned today: 221 
    C4P: 6,281 (£125.62)

• edited June 2012
    Go pingu 8.8k and closing in !
  • edited June 2012
    Just working out where I got to with replying to stuff, tables have been empty for the last few hours, so will reply to posts while nobody wants to play me :P
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep, i,m now up to 15 tables dym..ing. i load up on my left hand screen 9 tables then all new games open up on r/h screen and as each game finishes on l/h screen i move 1 over from the r/h screen. basically,all my attention is on the 9 games on left screen . obviously i can still keep an eye on all tables and more or less only go all-in when aa or kk come up on early doors right screen. anyway,it,s still quite early days @ 15 +tables 4 me and i,m sure will get easier. just thought i,d let u know how i am approaching playing them,as optimally as possible. best wishes, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

That's not a bad idea, the only problem is that because I'm not always playing the same level, it could get a bit messy, £5.50 and £11 tables jumbled up all over the place lol. Might give that a go sometime, see how it works for me. 

Do you set mine at all in the first couple of levels, or is it literally look at the other monitor and fold if you don't have a premium pair?

In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : Incredible episode of secret millionaire,  would recommend it to everyone.  Inspirational
    Posted by 1267

+1

In Response to Re: Donk gets new computer :D [EvilPingu's Diary] : Interesting stuff. Love the fact he thought garlic was onion!
    Posted by donkeyplop

That was absolutely classic, I had to watch that bit a couple of times to make sure I wasn't imagining it. And his reaction when he ate the curry, rofl :')

Go pingu 8.8k and closing in !
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Awesome :) Just going for 10k, or more than that?

I'm on the tables already, get as many points as I can today so that hopefully I won't need >1k points every day for the rest of the month >_<
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Andy,
    Enjoying the story so far.  Prob boring questions BUT...
    1.  What's your ultimate plans regards poker? 
    2.  How difficult do you find keeping your emotions in check when playing? e.g. If you feel yourself tilting, do   
         you, CAN you stand or do you trudge through it?
    3.  Same when the cards are running badly.  Is it best to stand for a while or do you, again,  plod on regardless.
  • edited June 2012
    Nice diary. Over the last week or so we've shared many a £5.50 DYM table, looking at this diary i'll have to give your bets more respect than I was previous now! haha. Just out of interest, are you nocturnal? I see many of your posts are in the early hours.
  • edited June 2012
    Hi Andy, Enjoying the story so far.  Prob boring questions BUT... 1.  What's your ultimate plans regards poker?  2.  How difficult do you find keeping your emotions in check when playing? e.g. If you feel yourself tilting, do         you, CAN you stand or do you trudge through it? 3.  Same when the cards are running badly.  Is it best to stand for a while or do you, again,  plod on regardless.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hiya :)

1) Ultimate plan regarding Poker - I'm not really sure. At the moment, I see it as being fun, but also a potential source of income. I'd like to be able to play live a lot more and go to a few of the various tours around the country sometime. I went to SPT Brighton but haven't played live since. I'm hoping to get to get to the SPT Grand Final at DTD, but that depends on a lot of things falling into place between now and September. I may also try to qualify for TSP if they have a qualifier at the end of September (there isn't one at the end of June), but I'm not really thinking much further ahead than that at the moment.

2) It depends - If I'm playing Cash, I'll stand when I start tilting. I'm really OCD about not standing until I'm supposed to be in the Big Blind next hand, which when I'm on tilt, is probably a bad thing as it means an extra few hands to spew a buy-in or two. Generally though, I'll stand reasonably quickly.

The problem I have sometimes is if I'm multi-tabling DYMs and I tilt, then I can't just leave, because I've got a load of DYMs going - If one has just started, then I can potentially be sat in front of the computer for 8-9 levels, which is another 45 minutes after I realised that I'm tilting. 45 minutes is a lot of time to potentially do stupid stuff. Generally I'll try to play through it and minimise the lobby so that I don't get tempted to tilt register for things that I shouldn't register for.

I most common tilt that I get at the moment is what "The Mental Game of Poker" refers to as "Injustice Tilt", which is when a fish makes a horrific call and hits his miracle runner runner runner runner straight to crack your aces, that happens a few times in quick succession, and you think to yourself "How can these idiots call?" or whatever. I realise though that long term, we generally want bad calls, but that doesn't make it any less irritating when you can't hold, ever :')

3) This is something that I will never understand about some people - They stop playing because they're running bad. If you play 100 games, it doesn't matter whether you play them all at once, or whether you run bad in the first 10, give up, come back the next day, play another 10, etc, you're still going to run just as good or just as bad, it'll even itself out, and stopping at any point and playing again later doesn't change that fact.

I sometimes start a session, the first few hands go terribly, you go a couple of buy-ins down straight away, and get that feeling that "Tonight isn't going to be my night", but really, unless you're allowing that to affect how you play, then there's no reason to stop playing.
  • edited June 2012
    Nice diary. Over the last week or so we've shared many a £5.50 DYM table, looking at this diary i'll have to give your bets more respect than I was previous now! haha. Just out of interest, are you nocturnal? I see many of your posts are in the early hours.
    Posted by BUFC
    Cheers :) Yeah, I've seen you on the tables a bit. Tbh, I doubt there's been a £5.50 DYM table that I've not been on in the last couple of weeks, lol.

Am I nocturnal? Half of the time, yes :P I fell out with the College I was going to over a number of things earlier this year, so didn't go to a single lesson since then. Went in for exams recently, but that aside, not been back there since, idk, February, something like that, maybe even longer.

As a result, I have absolutely no routine whatsoever (until I start going to a different College in September), just get up and go to bed whenever, really. 
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep,
    only play aa or ak aa kk qq jj 1st 2 levels.
    only go all-in with aa or kk.
    i used to keep levels together on 1 screen now i just load them up and where there is a space put each game there.u soon get used to it.
    gl dev

• edited June 2012
    Wednesday 27th June

Not sure whether to be delighted or annoyed with today. I played really well, and finally won a flip for the first time this week! Ended today with a very healthy £72 profit.

The disappointing thing, however, was that I was unable to get anywhere near as much volume as I would've liked. This was due to some DIY bloke coming out to fit a new carpet, replace a broken floorboard, and remove a door in the bedroom next to mine (which I only found out about when he turned up and I'm walking around the house in my underwear... Cheers for letting me know Dad!) - Anyway, I knew that trying to play Poker whilst having to put up with *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* for several hours was probably -EV, so I didn't bother.

This meant that I was only able to play first thing this morning, and a short session in the evening, which resulted in a rather disappointing 263 C4P today. This means that I now need 1,150 C4P/Day to get Priority Club this month, which isn't impossible, but it's like going into the last over of a Cricket match with 9 wickets down and needing 30 runs to win. I'll see how much C4P I can get tomorrow, anything less than 1k and I can forget about getting into Priority Club this month.

£3.30 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£2.70
    £5.50 DYM - Played 44, Won 30, Lost 14, +£58.00
    £11 DYM - Played 3, Won 2, Lost 1, +£7.00

£5.50 Timed Tournament - Out
    £5.50 Timed Tournament - Won £15.62 (£10.12 profit)

Poker Bankroll: £388.27
    Today: +£72.32
    This month: +£153.40
    C4P Earned today: 263 
    C4P: 6,544 (£130.88)

• edited June 2012
    hi ep

wish i had time to read all the posts in your diary...

i always thought that you were one of the top guys cos i saw u on the tv tables.  now i understand why you are on low stake dyms.  i also find them hard to play and find that my range widens to try and beat them at their own game.  this does work sometimes but...  i have tried playing higher stakes but find that i get stressed about losing.  have had 3 good wins in 3 days so pretty chuffed with myself but know that the bubble will bust when my lucky run ends. 

the vey best of luck with your games and quest for c4p.

onwards and upwards :-)
  • edited June 2012
    hi ep,
    enjoyed playing against you last nite.
    i,d be happy with £72 profit 4 a month....
    let alone 1 day!!!   lol
    gl with c4p m8.
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Wednesday 27th June Not sure whether to be delighted or annoyed with today. I played really well, and finally won a flip for the first time this week! Ended today with a very healthy £72 profit. The disappointing thing, however, was that I was unable to get anywhere near as much volume as I would've liked. This was due to some DIY bloke coming out to fit a new carpet, replace a broken floorboard, and remove a door in the bedroom next to mine (which I only found out about when he turned up and I'm walking around the house in my underwear... Cheers for letting me know Dad!) - Anyway, I knew that trying to play Poker whilst having to put up with *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* for several hours was probably -EV, so I didn't bother. This meant that I was only able to play first thing this morning, and a short session in the evening, which resulted in a rather disappointing 263 C4P today. This means that I now need 1,150 C4P/Day to get Priority Club this month, which isn't impossible, but it's like going into the last over of a Cricket match with 9 wickets down and needing 30 runs to win. I'll see how much C4P I can get tomorrow, anything less than 1k and I can forget about getting into Priority Club this month. £3.30 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£2.70 £5.50 DYM - Played 44, Won 30, Lost 14, +£58.00 £11 DYM - Played 3, Won 2, Lost 1, +£7.00 £5.50 Timed Tournament - Out £5.50 Timed Tournament - Won £15.62 (£10.12 profit) ********** Poker Bankroll: £388.27 Today: +£72.32 This month: +£153.40 C4P Earned today: 263  C4P: 6,544 (£130.88) ********** 
    Posted by EvilPingu

Dont give up on prio ep, its an additional £130 quid for the br assuming you dont run bad again ! Im on 9.8k should make it now.
  • edited June 2012
    Thursday 28th June

Stayed up all night following Tikay's progress in the $1,500 WSOP PLO8 event, and watching Event #46, a Hold'em event. Picked up some useful stuff from David Tuchman's commentary and the guests in the commentary box as well. I'm looking forward to some of the mixed events, to see just how bad I am when I play the mixed game freerolls on "that really big site" :)

Having not slept since Monday, once Tikay went out of the PLO8, I decided to get some sleep and set an alarm on my computer to wake me up. Computer goes to sleep, alarm doesn't go off, I wake up and find out it's 2am. FML.

Need 1,700 C4P a day for Priority. which I can't see happening.

Also withdrew £50 from my account

£2.25 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£1.75
    £3.30 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£2.70
    £5.50 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£4.50
    £11 DYM - Played 1, Won 1, Lost 0, +£9.00

20NL Action Table, +£5.40

Poker Bankroll: £361.62 (£50 withdrawn)
    Today: +£23.35
    This month: +£176.75
    C4P Earned today: 25
    C4P: 6,569 (£131.38)

* 4p SkyBet.
  • edited June 2012
    Ace kicker plays... Yuck.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jongoescom Small blind   25.00 25.00 2475.00
    diddley Big blind   50.00 75.00 4015.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

BlackAsh Call   50.00 125.00 1405.00
    drhappy22 Call   50.00 175.00 1800.00
    EvilPingu Raise   250.00 425.00 1880.00
    jongoescom Fold        
    diddley Fold        
    BlackAsh All-in   1405.00 1830.00 0.00
    drhappy22 Fold        
    EvilPingu All-in   1880.00 3710.00 0.00
    EvilPingu Unmatched bet   675.00 3035.00 675.00
    BlackAsh Show
    • Q
    • A

EvilPingu Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

• K
    • K

Turn

• K

River

• K

BlackAsh Win Four Kings 3035.00   3035.00
  • edited June 2012
    Hey I've been playing you now and then since you have just started playing 11 quid dyms...
    So by looking at your results you get almost around the same cash for points as money you win from these dyms each month?
    What percentage of direct profit and cash for points are you aiming for i'm just curious lol Also if you are going for priorty next month are you looking to get more profit from cash for points then? Started playing dyms about 3/4 weeks ago not sure if its the right choice for me or not... lol
    Sorry if it doesnt make sense my poker terminology is bad just started poker few months back i'm 1st year uni student so guess im a year older than you :)
  • edited June 2012

Hey pingu I have a homegame group on the 'big site' there's about 14 members total now but 6/7 regular players.

Recently we've started playing/learning all the mixed games, and reguarly play 2/3 sngs of various formats (normally start with 8game and whoever is out first picks the next game). It's normallly between 5-30 and 7-30 on weeknights, but can be earlier on weekends/bank holidays. 

All players are off sky, and stakes are tiny (10c to $2 depending on who's playing).

U wanna join? U wud get an email notification everytime a game is scheduled, and I can let u know on fb if you're around. Let me know and I'll pm you the codes etc. Even if you don't have a roll/don't wanna use it for these weird games someone will transfer u a book so u can play or something. 

• edited June 2012
    Generally though, I'll stand reasonably quickly. The problem I have sometimes is if I'm multi-tabling DYMs and I tilt, then I can't just leave, because I've got a load of DYMs going - If one has just started, then I can potentially be sat in front of the computer for 8-9 levels, which is another 45 minutes after I realised that I'm tilting. 45 minutes is a lot of time to potentially do stupid stuff.. I realise though that long term, we generally want bad calls, but that doesn't make it any less irritating when you can't hold, ever :') 3) This is something that I will never understand about some people - They stop playing because they're running bad. If you play 100 games, it doesn't matter whether you play them all at once, or whether you run bad in the first 10, give up, come back the next day, Posted by EvilPingu
    HI Andy,
    Thanks for reply. 
    1st bit - I'd forgotten about the MT'ing DYM aspect!!  DUH!
    2nd bit - Just wondered what you view was on this.  I play "very fast" poker on another site as it suits my chaotic lifestyle.  I've found that if things are not going well after say 10/20 mins (equivalent of about 1-2 hr "normal" poker) it's best to stand and come back later.  After experimenting for about 2/3 months I've found it's DEFINITELY +ev to do this.
    pad 
  • edited June 2012
    Friday 29th June

Didn't play much, got fed up of the amount of idiocy on the tables. Lost count of how many times we'd be on the bubble with an all in player and someone would try to bluff me with Jack high, and give the short stack an easy treble up -_- In life, I have no problem at all with people who are less intelligent than most, as long as they have common sense. Once someone starts bluffing into a dry side pot on the DYM bubble, c'mon, where's the logic in that? Tilts me so much. I can understand it if you've got the nuts on the river, but that's about the only time anyone should ever be betting into a dry side pot on the DYM bubble. Anything else is just stupidity.

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest... ) Yesterday's session went alright. I started playing quite early, which meant the tables were really empty and I was playing everything I possibly could just so I had enough games running to stop me getting bored. I played alright, but I was really surprised when, at the end of the session, I realised that I'd lost £31 somehow. Had another session later in which I won back about £12, but finished the day £18.90 down.

Just 12 C4P to get to 7k, which I've already earned at the time of writing this post, so I'm now finished playing for the month. I'll probably just spend today posting in the Poker clinic, going through some hand histories, and watching videos, as I don't do any of those anywhere near enough.

Will post July targets, reply to above posts, etc, shortly.

£3.30 DYM - Played 13, Won 7, Lost 6, -£0.90
    £5.50 DYM - Played 44, Won 24, Lost 20, -£2.00
    £11 DYM - Played 16, Won 8, Lost 8, -£16.00

Poker Bankroll: £342.72
    Today: -£18.90
    This month: +£157.85
    C4P Earned today: 419
    C4P: 6,988 (£139.76)