You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lolpro runs eternally terrible [EvilPingu's Diary]

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Thursday 15th March

Not a bad day today. Only won a Sky Roller. Just noticed I forgot to post yesterday, but oh well.

Master Cash 2 (NL10) - +£10.97

£5k Sky Roller - 1st/59, won £1,770
    (Qualified through League Stars Freeroll)

----

Bankroll: £2094.31 (Including £50 net deposit)
    Today: +£1780.97
    C4P: 813

----
  • edited March 2012
    Dont usually read this diary if im honest but very well played. I watched from the Final table and you pwnd it!

Heard you were first from 3rd hand too, so enjoy WP 
  • edited March 2012
    nice bink, especially for freeroll.

well done
  • edited March 2012

Great stuff, very well played!

• edited March 2012
    nice kill EvilPingu / having just missed out in aforesaid freeroll I entered the other 9pm BH - the 2k - and took that down instead / maybe I am your alter ego in a parallel universe
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk binks Sky Roller.:
    Dont usually read this diary if im honest but very well played. I watched from the Final table and you pwnd it! Heard you were first from 3rd hand too, so enjoy WP 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I did run pretty well, first hand I got AA, second hand I got QJ vs. 67 on a T98 flop and doubled up, then had stacked someone else so had about 17k chips after 10 minutes or so.

nice kill EvilPingu / having just missed out in aforesaid freeroll I entered the other 9pm BH - the 2k - and took that down instead / maybe I am your alter ego in a parallel universe
    Posted by GELDY
    Nice one, wp :)
  • edited March 2012
    congratulations...  and careful with that fat bankroll
  • edited March 2012
    Congrats and very well done Pingu- from freeroll to roller win, now there's a nice success story, and the BR 'top up' mbn too- don't spend it all at once :)
  • edited March 2012
    friday nightpingu, its got to be a crac at nl 100 surley!!! :-)
  • edited March 2012

Well played! especially as chip leader for nearly the whole tourney!

• edited March 2012
    Very impressive Pingu, watched you're huge bluff live (obv didn't know it was a bluff at the time).

Was it a case of "I've got 4th, it's a great result no matter what, I have nothing to lose.....?"

Maybe you can post the hand here and give your thoughts on each street.

Enjoy the dosh, n1. 
  • edited March 2012
    Congrats on the bink man!!!!
  • edited March 2012
    many congratulations to you Pingu :) x
  • edited March 2012
    WELL PLAYED EVIL,

:-)

suppose you,ve had worse days!!!

ENJOY

devon
  • edited March 2012
    wd pingu.. does that mean ur going to bigger dyms now m8, as asked in chat last night
  • edited March 2012
    Top effort Pingu, enjoy the monies :)
  • edited March 2012

WD Pingu, excellent result.
  • edited March 2012
    Nice one Evil. Played in my first one yesterday after a good day at the horses

One luck but it was fun to play with the big boys for a change !
  • edited March 2012
    well done m8t grt result njoy
  • edited March 2012
    Well done pal, chuffed for yer

nice to see someone who maybe dont get to play this much, do a bink, wp
  • edited March 2012
    Great work mate, don't spend it all at once lol
  • edited March 2012

Nice one! I have also only managed to play one roller (which was also a freeroll for me) and cashed for £400 odd so its really good to hear of binks like this for us 'smaller ave players' v the 'bigger boys' :)

I hope you go on now to increase this BR and dont blow it all on roulette or Cheltenham!!
  • edited March 2012
    Nice result Pingu, top stuff.

It's not often you see a chip leader from early on take it down.
  • edited March 2012
    superb effort and you are a really improving player

my advice fwiw take at least half of out and buy yourself or someone close to you something nice

atb
  • edited March 2012
    Outstanding work Pingu, it will be interesting to see what levels you decide to play now.
  • edited March 2012
    welldone pingu good to see the up n coming smaller players do well very nice result dnt forget the WITHDRAW BUTTON lol :)
  • edited March 2012
    +1 rock on EP!
  • edited March 2012
    Very impressive Pingu, watched you're huge bluff live (obv didn't know it was a bluff at the time). Was it a case of "I've got 4th, it's a great result no matter what, I have nothing to lose.....?" Maybe you can post the hand here and give your thoughts on each street. Enjoy the dosh, n1. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    To a certain extent, I did think "I'm 4th, I would've been happy with £600 or so before this tournament started, I'm just going to go for it." I also knew that the opponent had satellited into the tournament, so I was thinking It'd probably be easier to take him off a hand than the other two guys.

Pre-flop is standard. Min-raising everything so did the same here.

On the flop, I c-bet, he re-raises. I decide that he could be 3-betting because I'd c-bet that hand when I've completely missed and is 3-betting light, or because he's got the Jack, so I go for the 4-bet and get called. At this point, I'm probably putting him on a TPGK type hand.

The turn card means that T9 has got there and 78 has improved, but on the whole, it doesn't really change much for either player. I could very easily have Jx here, so I decide to keep selling that story. My opponent has just flat called. I thought he's probably not putting me on a complete bluff. His line didn't seem that strong, and still looks a lot like TPGK.

The 10 on the river is probably the best card in the deck for me - I've put him on KJ or QJ (AJ probably 3-bets pre), so J9 and J10 have just gone ahead of him, and with both KJ and QJ, he'll probably be thinking there's not much he can now be beating when I jam on him, and have to fold, so I went for it and got it through :)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    macapaca Small blind   800.00 800.00 87498.50
    subsnw Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 83374.76
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

EvilPingu Raise   3200.00 5600.00 82122.63
    madeyeII Fold        
    macapaca Fold        
    subsnw Call   1600.00 7200.00 81774.76
    Flop

• J

subsnw Check        
    EvilPingu Bet   3600.00 10800.00 78522.63
    subsnw Raise   7200.00 18000.00 74574.76
    EvilPingu Raise   12600.00 30600.00 65922.63
    subsnw Call   9000.00 39600.00 65574.76
    Turn

subsnw Check        
    EvilPingu Bet   16200.00 55800.00 49722.63
    subsnw Call   16200.00 72000.00 49374.76
    River

subsnw Check        
    EvilPingu All-in   49722.63 121722.63 0.00
    subsnw Fold        
    EvilPingu Muck        
    EvilPingu Win   72000.00   72000.00
    EvilPingu Return   49722.63 0.00 121722.63
  • edited March 2012
    Nice one! I have also only managed to play one roller (which was also a freeroll for me) and cashed for £400 odd so its really good to hear of binks like this for us 'smaller ave players' v the 'bigger boys' :) I hope you go on now to increase this BR and dont blow it all on roulette or Cheltenham!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    My money is safe, I'm self-excluded from Sky Vegas until February 2017 :P
  • edited March 2012
    wd pingu.. does that mean ur going to bigger dyms now m8, as asked in chat last night
    Posted by bigal36903
    Still not 100% sure, will probably play a few £11's for the next week or so, and see how it goes. Depends how much (if any) I end up withdrawing, really.