You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lolpro runs eternally terrible [EvilPingu's Diary]

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Well done Pingu...must be nice

• edited March 2012
    Nice to see a low-stakes player taking down a big one!
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    booooooooooooom sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

always thought u had good game wp n1 sir

buy something nice )

• edited March 2012
    Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Friday 16th March:

Having won the Sky Roller yesterday, I decided that the best cash level to have a go at was NL30. After all, I'd never felt out of my depth the couple of times I'd played at NL20 before. In the second hand, I decided it would be a good idea to get my money in with TT pre-flop. Ended up against KK and binked a 10 to put me up a buy-in. Bled a few quid by making pretty bad mistakes, including "value betting" a set when the river bought a 3rd spade and I'd put my opponent on a flush draw and he checked to me on the river. Played for about 45 minutes on 4 tables, and despite my early double-up, I ended the session £5 down.

Tbh, I found NL30 quite difficult, not because the standard of Poker is particularly high, but because it's just such a mixed bag. You've got some players who could probably play NL200 if they were rolled for it, some players who are playing at NL30 because it's the right level for them, and some people limp/calling and should probably be at an NL4 table (Not that I'm complaining!). Think the most challenging thing was not having any notes on anyone, not knowing who the regs are (My fault for forgetting that "Find a Player" exists), and generally spewing as I went along.

Only withdrawal so far is my deposit of £50, so all the money in my account now is winnings, not really sure what to do with the rest atm :S

Also played a couple of DYM's.

£11 DYM - W0 L1, -£11.00
    £22 DYM - W1 L1. -£4.00

As it's the start of the new F1 season, I had a few bets on this weekend's qualifying:
    1) Kovalainen to Out-qualify Petrov, £3 @ Evens - Kovalainen has been very impressive in the last 2 seasons despite being in a poor car near the back of the grid, whereas Petrov, while solid, hasn't really impressed me that much since coming into F1. Kovalainen has been with the team for 2 years, whereas Petrov is a newcomer, which will surely give Kovalainen an edge, so 1/1 is pretty decent.

2) Michael Schumacher to Out-qualify Nico Rosberg, £2 @ 11/4 - In testing and practice (Yes, I know it rained yesterday), Schumacher has actually looked the quicker of the two. An 11/4 cert IMO, can't get much better than that! :D

----

Bankroll: £2,018.49
    Withdrawn: £50.00
    Today: -£20.82
    C4P: 903

----
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk binks Sky Roller.:
    As it's the start of the new F1 season, I had a few bets on this weekend's qualifying: 1) Kovalainen to Out-qualify Petrov, £3 @ Evens - Kovalainen has been very impressive in the last 2 seasons despite being in a poor car near the back of the grid, whereas Petrov, while solid, hasn't really impressed me that much since coming into F1. Kovalainen has been with the team for 2 years, whereas Petrov is a newcomer, which will surely give Kovalainen an edge, so 1/1 is pretty decent. 2) Michael Schumacher to Out-qualify Nico Rosberg, £2 @ 11/4 - In testing and practice (Yes, I know it rained yesterday), Schumacher has actually looked the quicker of the two. An 11/4 cert IMO, can't get much better than that! :D
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)
  • edited March 2012
    FWIW - leave £1000 in your account to play with
    spend £1000 on something you need/want or get in your bank account )
    play NL10/20 - around that level and skim your winnings off each month

beat these levels for a while then think about moving up

• edited March 2012
    +1 to Rancid, I'd say start @ nl20 but play a few sessions and if you dont think your at that level drop down.

Defo +1 to withdraw anything over £1k tis plenty, maybe you can set up a seperate bank account for poker withdrawals do as most people do so you can always fall back on it and so it doesnt get mixed in with bills and other shizzle.

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk binks Sky Roller.:
    +1 to Rancid, I'd say start @ nl20 but play a few sessions and if you dont think your at that level drop down. Defo +1 to withdraw anything over £1k tis plenty, maybe you can set up a seperate bank account for poker withdrawals do as most people do so you can always fall back on it and so it doesnt get mixed in with bills and other shizzle.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Poot it in an ISA
  • edited March 2012
    Saturday 17th March

Didn't play much today.

4PLO8, -£4.00, rake in PLO8 is absolutely brutal.

£3.30 DYM - W0 L1, -£3.30
    £11 DYM - W1 L0, +£9.00
    £33 DYM - W1 L0, +£27.00

----

Bankroll: £2,047.19
    Today: +£28.70
    C4P: 947

----
  • edited March 2012

WP Mr Pingu!  Glad u withdrew that £50, u deposited, as it really tilted me reading it on your posts!

GL

• edited March 2012
    Sunday 18th March

4PLO8, -£4.00

£2.25 PLO8 DYM - W1 L0, +£1.75
    £11 NLH DYM - W1 L0, +£9.00
    £22 NLH DYM - W2 L0, +£36.00
    £33 NLH DYM - W1 L0, +£27.00

Action Table 24 (30p/30p) - +£35.19

----

Bankroll: £2,152.13
    Today: +£104.94
    C4P: 1,042

----
  • edited March 2012
    Monday 19th March

The daily grind is so much more fun when you can win significant amounts of money, as opposed to playing for hours and only getting £5 and a few Poker Points. Stepped up to £11 DYM's now, but playing any games up to £33 if they're not full of regs, and I don't really feel out of my comfort zone doing so.

Need to find out if I'll be home over Easter, if so, I'll definitely be having a go at a few of the Super Roller satellites. Also tempted to try qualifying for SPT Cardiff, loved SPT Brighton and want to play live again. Gutted it's not sooner though as Leeds are playing away vs. Cardiff the week before the SPT...Sigh.

2nd day in a row of over £100 profit FTW :D

£5.50 DYM - W0 L1, -£5.50
    £11 DYM - W6 L1, +£43.00
    £16.50 DYM - W3 L0, +£40.50
    £22 DYM - W2 L1, +£14.00
    £33 DYM - W1 L0, +£27.00

----

Bankroll: £2,271.13
    Today: +£119.00
    C4P: 1,252

----
  • edited March 2012
    Monday 19th March

Decided that with my Roller bink, I was going to splash about on the televised Master Cash tables. Ended up £124 up, although I got a bit lucky a few times barreling, getting called down, then binking on the river. 

£22 DYM - W1 L0, +£18.00

Master Cash 9 (50NL), +£1.12
    Master Cash 7 (50NL), +£18.31
    Master Cash 10 (100NL), +£86.44

----

Bankroll: £2,393.88
    Today: +£123.87
    C4P: 1,334

----
  • edited March 2012
    Above post shld b Tues 20th of March, I think? (there is always one!)

Good to see things are goin well 4u.  What is your long term plans?

GL
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk binks Sky Roller. [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Above post shld b Tues 20th of March, I think? (there is always one!) Good to see things are goin well 4u.  What is your long term plans? GL
    Posted by DEL560
    I'm always forgetting to update the date :o Usually manage to ninja edit before anyone else notices though :P

Long term plans at the moment - Nothing too long term really, planning to play in the Super Roller but other than that, keep playing the DYM's and building up my bankroll at the moment.

Friday 23rd March

Didn't play the last 2 days so no diary updates.

£22 DYM - W3 L1, +£32.00

----

Bankroll: £2,427.00
    Today: +£32.00
    C4P: 1,414

----
  • edited March 2012
    Saturday 23rd March

It was bound to happen eventually...

Master Cash 7, -£113.71, played badly and ran even worse, had flush vs. flush for about £40, and Q9 vs. KK where I put my opponent on a flush draw on a 9 high, monochrome board. I was sort of right, but he had another king to go with his flush draw, lol.

£3.30 DYM - W1 L0, +£2.70
    £11 DYM - W3 L1, +£16.00

----

Bankroll: £2,331.99
    Today: -£95.01
    C4P: 1,502

----
  • edited March 2012
    Doing slightly better so far today though :)
    Date & Time Product Description Amount Held Funds Platform
    25 Mar '12 at 05:01 Poker Sands £0.70 £0.00 A  
    25 Mar '12 at 04:53 Poker Grand £-1.38 £0.00 A   
    25 Mar '12 at 04:33 Poker Santa Cruz £2.99 £0.00 A   
    25 Mar '12 at 04:32 Poker Utah £83.21 £83.21 A  
  • edited March 2012
    Sunday 25th March

Got up stupidly early to watch cars sitting on the start grid for ages while it rained lots in Malaysia, so stopped playing for tonight as I'm knackered. Decent profit today :)

3 x NL100, +£85.52
    Action Table 24, +£9.33
    Action Table 37, +£58.79

----

Bankroll: £2,485.63
    Today: +£153.64 
    C4P: 1,573

----
  • edited March 2012
    Good read keep up the good work .I was one of squadies on your table at spt on your right . Look forward to seeing you at cardiff gl at tables
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk builds bankroll after Roller bink. [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Good read keep up the good work .I was one of squadies on your table at spt on your right . Look forward to seeing you at cardiff gl at tables
    Posted by goldenb238
    Cheers :) Not sure whether I'll be at Cardiff or not, haven't played any satellites yet, but will try to be there if I can. 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Starting my diary again.:
    Missed out on the cash in the ME, finished 50th (30 got paid). Raise from big stack, I had AJ in the big blind with 10BB left, shoved, called by K7, king on the river. Would've been right back in it if my hand had held up, but didn't do anything wrong. Also ran my AJ into Scotty77's AK, flop came QT4, J on the turn at which point I jumped out of my chair, then sat down again when I realised opponent had the straight, lol Didn't lose any money, great fun, and got enough poker points to push me up to the next C4P level, so can't complain :) Had a hand, blind vs. blind, I raised with A7, oppo shoved (as he did every time I raised the small blind), I called, he turned over T9s, knocked him out, and he sat in the chat box for a while, calling me a bingo player and all that, which made me laugh, so got to 50th by playing bingo apparently, wonder where I could've ended up if I'd actually played poker instead, will give that a go next time :P  Brilliant structure, will definitely try to play the next one, hoping it's within my bankroll. Off to play some DYM's for a bit :)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Good luck Evil. Nice to see how you're doing and may give me some ideas if iever fancy challenging myself one day.
    These Cry Baby's on site really are just making fools of themselves. Why can't they at least put it down to variance for a bad beat, welcome a bad play as info for the future on a player or just reccognise that they're are probably just tilting themselves.
    Maybe we should start a thread for Cry Baby putdowns.
    I saw a lovely one whe i first started playing on site 9 months ago.........
    .........it just said "Taxi!!" and i could just imagine all others at the table giggling as Mr Cry Baby ran off andkicked his cat!!......priceless!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Starting my diary again. : Good luck Evil. Nice to see how you're doing and may give me some ideas if iever fancy challenging myself one day. These Cry Baby's on site really are just making fools of themselves. Why can't they at least put it down to variance for a bad beat, welcome a bad play as info for the future on a player or just reccognise that they're are probably just tilting themselves. Maybe we should start a thread for Cry Baby putdowns. I saw a lovely one whe i first started playing on site 9 months ago......... ........ .........it just said "Taxi!!" and i could just imagine all others at the table giggling as Mr Cry Baby ran off andkicked his cat!!......priceless!
    Posted by profman15
    Indeed - They don't put annoy me though, if anything they just put me on positive tilt 'cause I'm too busy laughing at their stupidity )

-----------

Monday 26th March

Woke up stupidly early again, this time to watch the England v Sri Lanka test match, and could barely get any games running at £11 and nothing higher than that, so played mostly £5.50 instead.

£3.30 DYM - W0 L1, -£3.30
    £5.50 DYM - W6 L5, -£0.50
    £11 DYM - W2 L0, +£18.00

12:40 - £10k BH Sat (£1.60) - 10/23. I don't think I've ever been more card dead in my life than I was in this tournament. Picked my spots and almost doubled my starting stack just pinching blinds but inevitably, I ran into someone with a hand after a while. 3 minute blinds makes these a crapshoot tbh.

----

Bankroll: £2,498.23
    Today: +£12.60
    C4P: 1,653 - Need to try and get to 2k, only a difference of like, £4, but something to aim for.

----
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Starting my diary again. : Indeed - They don't put annoy me though, if anything they just put me on positive tilt 'cause I'm too busy laughing at their stupidity ) ----------- Monday 26th March Woke up stupidly early again, this time to watch the England v Sri Lanka test match, and could barely get any games running at £11 and nothing higher than that, so played mostly £5.50 instead. £3.30 DYM - W0 L1, -£3.30 £5.50 DYM - W6 L5, -£0.50 £11 DYM - W2 L0, +£18.00 12:40 - £10k BH Sat (£1.60) - 10/23. I don't think I've ever been more card dead in my life than I was in this tournament. Picked my spots and almost doubled my starting stack just pinching blinds but inevitably, I ran into someone with a hand after a while. 3 minute blinds makes these a crapshoot tbh. ---- Bankroll: £2,498.23 Today: +£12.60 C4P: 1,653 - Need to try and get to 2k, only a difference of like, £4, but something to aim for. ----
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Hi EP, bit late - but congrats on the win!

Hope2c more of u on the DYM's, bring some friends - playing me is like taking candy from a baby atm!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Starting my diary again. : Hi EP, bit late - but congrats on the win! Hope2c more of u on the DYM's, bring some friends - playing me is like taking candy from a baby atm!
    Posted by JingleMa
    Cheers, and better late than never :) Actually spent most of this afternoon playing DYM's and doubling up the short stacks at every opportunity, so I'm sure on current form you'd crush me :')
  • edited March 2012
    Tuesday 27th March

Really, really weird day today. Ran terribad in the lower games that I played but the higher I went, the more I ran like Usain Bolt, which left me with a healthy profit. Also got a ton of C4P, looking forward to getting my C4P now as it's going to be a decent amount, whereas before it was a case of "Hurry up and give me my fiver so my spreadsheet doesn't look funny".

£1.15 DYM - W0 L1, -£1.15
    £5.50 DYM - W4 L5, -£9.50
    £11 DYM - W6 L5, -£1.00
    £16.50 DYM - W1 L1, -£3.00
    £22 DYM - W6 L2, +£64.00

Took a break and decided to splash about on the Master Cash tables in the evening:

Master Cash 4, +£38.04
    Master Cash 7, -£94.23

Really swingy hour or so on Master Cash 7, donked off £100 trying to triple barrel bluff someone off TPGK and a flush draw (which eventually missed) in a 4-bet pot with 10 high (I had a gutshot...what else am I supposed to do, like, fold?!), then won it back with top pair + nut flush draw, before getting 120bb in with JJ vs QQ on a 10 high flop, in another 4-bet pot. 

Should've folded really, and the most annoying thing was that I was going to leave the orbit before and forgot to press the "Stand" button, so paid my blind and decided to play one last orbit. Sigh. In the end, forgot to press the stand button about a million times at the end of each orbit and ended up making a couple of quid back.

Although the swings don't bother me, probably better to build my roll some more, play and beat the stakes below before going on NL50 and NL100 Master Cash tables as I've kinda bypassed NL20 - NL40, which I probably shouldn't do. Been put off by every NL20-NL40 being filled by the same players whenever I've looked in the lobby, presumably playing uber tight and waiting to cooler each other.

----

Bankroll: £2,491.39
    Today: -£6.84
    C4P: 2,030

----

Note to self: Keep an eye on 500m hands - 9 tables close to 500m.
  • edited March 2012
    Don't bother with 20 - 40NL, just start at 50 :)
  • edited March 2012
    u ar the star!!!!and i m the sh...t!!!!gl m8 wp
  • edited March 2012
    no - stay away from 50
    please