You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

edited July 2017 in Poker Chat
7th Jan

I've finally decided to give this HUs lark a go JJ cos I fancied a bit of a change. I think I'll be sticking to the Turbocharged ones cos regulars are too slow but the hypers are just too fast for me.

Only started today, aint played a single bit of poker since before Xmas. So I've played 5 so far, mix of £2.10s and £3.15s, won 3 out of 5 for a total profit of £1.40 wooo and to be fair one of the ones I lost was when the blinds had got big and I got it all in pre with AQ v AT and he turned the ten. But yeah I know these thing's will happen, but I'm gonna try and get a load of volume in for these and see how I go.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Hey folks, Lambert is back!!

I've decided to stop hi-jacking JJ's Sit n Dohhh thread and make one of my own. I just don't think there's enough diaries on this forum.... ;)

So I've been playing HU Turbo SnGs, varying stakes at first but have settled on £3.15s for the moment. Decided to withdraw £70 the other day because it's my girlfriends birthday, to add to what I'd normally spend from our bank, cos I wanted to give her a bit more than normal... plus I've only ever withdrew about £200 of profit from all my poker days and it's a bit annoying always being up but it never being in my pocket. So my roll is now about £140 but I think that's plenty for the standard at these levels.

I'll post up my original posts fromt Dohhh's thread so you can see the process from the start, because I was £20 up really quick, bit of a dip, to about £10 in loss and now I'm back to about £15 up. You can really fly through these so I'm aiming to play between 1000-2000 games by Feb/March.

Paul
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    8th Jan

Well turned out to be a pretty decent day for my first day of Turbo HU games...

For the whole day I've played 18 games in total, £2.10s and £3.15s, although I did play one £1.05 by accident.

Won 12 of them for a profit of £11.60. Not bad for my first go :) Really shocked at some of the terrible play at these levels to be honest, some truly shocking calls... maybe it's just Saturday night for ya
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Good luck Lambert. I have dabbled in these a bit. Good for points but the swings are massive. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    8th Jan (Later)

Got another decent session in today, 10 games all at £3.15 (think I'm gonna stick to this level), won 7 of them for a profit of £10.50.

I know I can't expect to keep up this win-rate but it's nice to have a good start to my HUs games.

So have now played 28 games, won 19 of them and made £22.10 profit  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    8th Jan (even later)

Can I ask, I know you guys play higher levels than me but I've been playing the £3.15s mostly and is it normal to get people making absolutely terrible calls, or have I just been lucky and getting terrible opponents. There was one game where we were fairly short cos of blind increases (but still room to move), we both still had about 1000 each, think it was like 25/50, I raised pre with AK, 3bet small, i just stuck him all in and he called for basically his whole stack with 34s

Is this normal at the low levels, if so, bring on the volume lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    11th Jan

Just got in a nice quick session, 9 games all against the same guy (£3.15s) and I won 6 of them.

Funny because I was gonna post here and say that no-one ever wants to play me more than once, they always reject my rematch offer, but this guy just kept coming back for more.

Had a bit of a losing session the other day but my tally overall now stands at:

Played   59
    Won      35
    Profit     £20.45
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    16th Jan

Ok no worries, well good luck with your DYMs.

I was well annoyed abuot 30 mins ago, booted up 3 x £3.15 HU games and my computer bloody froze for ages and the speed of the blinds if someone just raises every hand once they see you're away, it takes a matter of minutes to win one like that so I just lost 3 quick out of my control.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    19th Jan

Hey guys,

Aint gave an update for a little while, mostly cos I've been getting butchered by variance. I played the same person 5-6 times tonight and during that time, they made 2 sets of Aces and flopped the nut straight twice, and everytime I'd hit something like a lower set or top two pair so was never letting go. Aside from that, I walked into AA against other opponents about 3-4 times. Oh well, I like to think I can handle swings, I just like to vent. Finally managed to get the tides to turn a bit towards the end of the session and won 5 of the last 7, but that didn't come close to making up for the start of the session. In total it's now:

Played  = 135
    Won  = 68
    Profit/Loss = -£14.45
    Win Rate = 50.4%

So not quite beating the rake yet any more.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    20th Jan

Had a rematch with Poker_Fail and glad to say I redeemed myself by winning 5-1 so  that's 1-1 in matches now Fail, have to have a decider some time. and I'd won 5/9 before that so that makes it 10/15 for the night.

Played = 149
    Won   = 77
    Profit/Loss = -£4.55 (nearly back to break even, I'll get back into profit next sesh)
    Win Rate = 51.7%

EDIT: Second thoughts, it's Friday night, no work tomorrow and the night is young, and you get lots of idiots on a friday night, back to the tables we go!

And yeah I think you gifted me £9.90 Fail lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    21st Jan

Only played another 8 games, won 6 of them though which was nice and fairly easy, none of them were lucky outdraws or anything like that.

So I've now...

Played = 157
    Won  = 83
    Profit/Loss = +£6.25  (woo, back in the black!)
    Win Rate = 52.9%
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    21st (in reply to Doh)

Well I just had a bit of a horrible patch, started out £20 up pretty early on. I've mentioned it in earlier posts but I went through a load of games where people were just flopped straights and sets of Aces every other hand. And then there was the time I was 3tabling, then lost connection so I lost all 3 of them so at £3.15 that was a tenner down the drain.

Back on top now and going good, I'm enjoying how I can fly through them really fast and how bad the players are. One situation the other day, he bet pre, I made it about 210 (this is early on, probably 15/30), he makes it about 600 and I just decide I'm going with it, shove the rest with AQ and he folds with abuot 100 chips behind! lol.

But yeah I'm playing £3.15 Turbos. I did play about 10 Hypers and did ok at them, and they are quite fun.

I am worrying that I'm maybe too aggressive (if you can be at these), it certainly lead to Poker_fail making a few questionable river calls where he was actually ahead, but then most people I'm playing don't notice.

Meant to ask you, what are you views on raise sizes pre when it's 10/20 and and 15/30 (bearing in mind I have 1000 starting stack, not 500), I started out only ever min-raising but I am mixing it up a bit now, just seems like there's little value in blind stealing for such a tiny increase to your stack and min-raises get called ALL the time.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    22nd Jan

Had another pretty nice session tonight, played 23 and won 14, so it now stands at...

Played = 180
    Won   = 97
    Profit/Loss = +£17.80
    Win Rate = 53.9%

Don't suppose anyone could stick a SS graph of my HU games for January up in this thread please.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sharkscope says you've this many?
    TypeEntryFeeEntrantsGames Played
     NL Holdem   £32196 (94%)
     NL Holdem   £2211 (5%)
     NL Holdem   £121 (0%)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Got a pretty big session in today (by my standards), 30 games, won 16, up and down, but ended up JUST about up for the day...

I'm well impressed that you can win 16/30 and still make a profit with how small the rake is on these, makes a nice change from the DYMs where you really gotta keep the win-rate up to make any money.

Played  = 210
    Won  = 113
    Profit/Loss = +£19.30
    Win Rate = 53.8%

Small profit but I'm happy with that cos the session didn't start too well. And as a little bonus, looks like I'm actually gonna end up qualifying for a lil bit of C4P this month. I hadn't planned to play much this month and barely had any points by mid month so I'm happy to get anything from that.

Paul
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Managed to get a few more games in tonight and didn't go too bad. One annoying game, had AK, he raised to about 90, i made it 250, he called, i slowplayed my TPTK which turned into a FH, and then loved seeing him turn over quad 10s with 104off (nice call pre lol). Anyway, good session, played 15, won 9.

Played = 225
    Won = 122
    Profit/Loss = £26.05
    Win Rate = 54.2%  ...it's on the up :)

Things are going rather swimmingly so far, despite a few horrible beats
  • Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    edited January 2012

well done lambert on the hu`s keep it up m8

• Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert's Turbo Heads Up Journey!:
    Bump!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lamby, if you're gonna shamelessly bump your diarry thread you could just play 1 game to post "new" stats!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Lol yeah I know Fail. Had a week off work to spend with the family so haven't been playing, just came onto the forum for a min and thought I'd bump it up to see if anyone had any comments cos I had a few questions, like I didn't know if I was being too aggressive because I'm raising the button just short of 100% (probably 95%). It's not so worthwhile in early levels, but when it's 25/50 and upwards, people seem to just hand over their blinds soo easily and a few steals at these levels can really put them in trouble.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hello all, got a few games in last night but was too tired to post up the results, so this is tonights and yesterdays combined, pretty happy with the overall results. My stats now stand at:

Played = 258
    Won  =  140
    Profit/Loss = £30.01
    Win Rate = 54.3%

Things are definitely going well so far, no massive swings yet, but I'm thinking even though it's HU, the swings should be lower at this level because the players are so bad that I can whittle down their stack slowly quite easily.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Right well, it's been a pretty successful first month of these, although I took a week away from poker and didn't get half as much volume as I wanted. But either way, it's really my first ever go of playing HU apart from the odd one here and there, and I'm £30 up so it can't be bad.

I think I'm playing alot better in them now, I've realised that soo many of the people at my level are REALLY passive, so it's very easy to steal alot and very easy to let go on the rare occasions they show any resistance (obviously this doesn't apply to everyone)

Feb Goals

1. Break the 1000 games barrier

2. Get my profit at these up to £100 (£70 more), I know you shouldn't set money targets, but I think with the volume and the acheivable win-rate, it's more than reasonable.

3. Earn 2000 poker points.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Glad to say I got off to a pretty decent start for February. Got a decent session in as well in terms of volume, bear in mind I'm having to single table all the time due to the rubbish laptop I'm on.

Played = 288
    Won  = 157
    Profit/Loss = £37.60
    Win Rate = 54.5%      (Still going up!)

Poker Points = 60
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Managed to have a pretty good session despite the fact Young_Gun managed to win about 5 out 6 of the games we played, didn't appreciate that.

Played = 304
    Won  = 167
    Profit/Loss = £46.25
    Win Rate = 54.9%     

Poker Points = 93

I'm impressed I'm up this much after YG's thrashing. That's me for now, but I'm gonna try and get a few more games in later tonight after my bath. Come back refreshed.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    UL mate in hu games, im having break and playing cash now for rest of night so can give u a rest. no doubt play u again soon

GL
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert's Turbo Heads Up Journey! - Goals For Feb...:
    UL mate in hu games, im having break and playing cash now for rest of night so can give u a rest. no doubt play u again soon GL
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yeah no worries, I'll have to repay the favour sometime.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lovely stuff, just raised it up pre with AK, flopped trips, turned a FH, and rivered the quads, while being called down on each street with Ace high :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lovely stuff, just raised it up pre with AK, flopped trips, turned a FH, and rivered the quads, while being called down on each street with Ace high :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    YOUNG_GUN still playing then i see.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well I did get a few more games in, not as many as I'd have liked but I'm just too tired and don't wanna give myself a bad end to a very good day, so just leave on a high. Successful few games though, so my stats now stand at:

Played = 312
    Won  = 173
    Profit/Loss = £57.05
    Win Rate = 55.4%     

Poker Points = 109

Well it looks like I might need to up my financial goal, I'll have reached £100 profit by next week at this rate!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

GL Paul.  Did u get a better C4P last mnth, than u usually do, are u multi tabling?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    GL Paul.  Did u get a better C4P last mnth, than u usually do, are u multi tabling?
    Posted by DEL560
    Nah I didn't get better C4P but that's because I didn't play very much last month at all. I'd took a break over the festive period and didn't start up again til mid-january, and then i took a week off again round my girlfriends birthday. So I play the £3.15s and it's 2 poker points per game, I played just over 250 games in the month so I just scraped in for the minimum C4P.

I know much bigger volume/C4P will be easy though, for instance, I think I've already played about 60-70 games this month in 2 days, and they aint been massive sessions. I'm aiming to try and get about 1500 games in this month which would be 3000 C4P.

And I'm doing this volume while 1-tabling. I'm 1tabling because for the near future, I'm having to use my mum's laptop which is pretty terrible and literally if I have 2 tables open I start getting timed out. It's frustrating cos I know I could really crush the volume if I could multi-table, but I'll be able to do that soon.