You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Hypering My Way To Riches!:
    Play NL10, I think it's a very simple decision ) Avoid the set farmers and you will done just fine
    Posted by rancid
    They tilt me so bad... Play a hand more than once a year, or stand so that I can play a fish instead of a folding station )

@Lambert180 - Nice cash at SPT Cardiff, wp.
  • edited April 2012
    100% the best idea to play cash again. ;)

The Hypers are good fun but in terms of your thread title the word 'Riches' does not belong there, unless the time frame is retirement age lol
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Hypering My Way To Riches! : You missed the best bits Lambert.  After I (in the SB) and the BB folded you snap grabbed your chips to bring them back, It was then that I told you UTG had bet, you gave a visible gulp.  After he called it was then that I said you missed him bet but it wasn't the hardest read anyone's ever made.  Worked out though.  Many congrats on your cash, you played great man.  Oh and the guy with AK called the guy with KT's shove, I know that because I was KT.  And you were going to call that shove with A9.  How rude.  ;)
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks for that Tommy (I'm not being sarcastic lol), how could I forget about that bit. Felt sick when you told me UTG had bet, it's cos I was too bloody busy texting my girlfriend to tell her how things were going, so I guess I have her to thank for doubling up and going on to cash :p

Apart from that decision, I think I played well for the rest of the tourney, could have laddered more but wsa going for the win.
  • edited April 2012
    yeah 10 nl is fine but i think the turbo dyms are easy to cash aswell each to there own good luck whatver u decide to do :)
  • edited April 2012
    Well yeah the hypers were designed to grow my BR so I could play cash again and I guess Cardiff has beat the hypers to it.

Still obviously gonna be playing the odd DTD and what not, but think cash is on the cards for me.
  • edited April 2012
    yeah 10 nl is fine but i think the turbo dyms are easy to cash aswell each to there own good luck whatver u decide to do :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I'll never be playing DYMs, no offence to anyone who plays them, but I'd go mad grinding them forever, and with the rake at them, I think I'd rather carry on grinding HU SnGs rather than play DYMs
  • edited April 2012
    lol i know what ya mean its abit robotic this is y i cant play normal dyms take half hour i like the turbo 1s blinds up every 2 mins game only lasts 10 minutes max find it alot easier 2 cash myself 
  • edited May 2012
    Right, well I think I've arrived at the inevitable decision of going back to cash. I'll be starting at 10NL with my £300 BR. I'm not gonna set any financial targets or anything because I have no control over variance, and I'll be lowering my volume a bit cos the last few weeks/month has been poker, poker, poker, and I love it but I think I'm driving Emma a bit mad to be honest lol, so probably need to put in a bit more boyfriend/family time.

But yeah, I'll keep this diary updated with how things are going, and profit/loss through May. Got a £300 BR to start with at 10NL, and planning to have a few goes at 20NL when I get £400+
  • edited May 2012
    good luck lambert
  • edited May 2012
    run golden, pm sent -
  • edited May 2012
    Well I've just finished my first session back at cash and it felt pretty brutal. I made a few bad calls towards the start of the session before I got into the swing of things, then had a few horrible spots. Flopped a flush against a set and it came TT on turn and river for a FH. Twice I had overpairs to the board on very dry boards and lost, one was TT v JJ and one was JJ v AA. Also got it in on the turn when his only outs were flush outs and he hit.

I guess looking back at it, my flush is probably never good on the end when he raises...

(I checked the turn, because I wanted it to look like I'd check-raised the flop with the flush draw and gave up when it didn't come on the turn)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    elpapagal Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £7.14
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.91
      Your hole cards

low12 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £4.67
    scrumdown Call   £0.10 £0.35 £12.06
    Oban Call   £0.10 £0.45 £21.63
    elpapagal Fold        
    Lambert180 Check        
    Flop

• Q

Lambert180 Check        
    low12 Check        
    scrumdown Bet   £0.45 £0.90 £11.61
    Oban Fold        
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.20 £2.10 £8.71
    low12 Fold        
    scrumdown Call   £0.75 £2.85 £10.86
    Turn

Lambert180 Check        
    scrumdown Check        
    River

Lambert180 Bet   £1.25 £4.10 £7.46
    scrumdown Raise   £3.70 £7.80 £7.16
    Lambert180 Call   £2.45 £10.25 £5.01
    scrumdown Show

Lambert180 Muck

scrumdown Win Full House, 8s and 10s £9.48   £16.64
    Bit of a horrible start but it's early days yet, it was a short session with a few nasty ones in it. Looking forward to my next session anyway.

Profit/Loss: -£18.67
  • edited May 2012
    brutal as only cash can
    meanwhile on the hand above, your rationale for checking the turn lets you c/c the river having seen the board pair - if you are wanting to be more aggressive I would have thought betting the turn to protect your hand against another D would have been a stronger move
    pleased you are looking forward to your next sesion despite the brutal start - run good
  • edited May 2012
    gl with your cash endevours lambert, im going for the nl4 but i must admit i did have a quick go on nl10 today when i know i shouldnt have cos i felt a bit flushed lol. Gl m8ty run well and crush it like a grape :)
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah got to bet turn for value, if anything to charge a bigger diamond to hit which would kill your hand but also from most Q's/sets/2pairs.

Despite board pairing I reckon there's still value in betting river as you'd expect any decent player to bet a strong hand on the turn (like a set of bloody 8's!), so can still get called by some Q's. 

When he raises probz has to be fold with paired board as unlikely to raise with AQ/KQ/QJ, however there could be a chance he has something like JT with a diamond that had a GS + FD on flop and now hit trips, but that's fairly thin.
  • edited May 2012

Lead flop with the 6 high flush.

As played, bet the turn fairly large, and bet/fold river. 

• edited May 2012
    gd lk mate

agree bet turn here always 

fold river as played
  • edited May 2012
    gl lamby,
    hope u crack the cash.
    :-)
    re dym,s
    i was mad BEFORE i started playing them mate,
    :-)
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games:
    Lead flop with the 6 high flush. As played, bet the turn fairly large, and bet/fold river. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I only checked the flop cos I was pretty sure I'd get action behind, and watned to check-raise to get more money in. If i lead and the 88 (or any hand) raises me, are you 3betting and trying to get it all in or flatting to get more value in later streets?
  • edited May 2012
    If you lead and get raised, firstly thank God, then 3bet and don't fold.
  • edited May 2012
    cant be all decent players like u dude who just shove any ace paint or painted cards
  • edited May 2012
    cant be all decent players like u dude who just shove any ace paint or painted cards
    Posted by scrumdown
    And this refers to what? lol

• edited May 2012

Dunno against this player. You might even be able to bet/fold flop. lol.

Nah get it in, he might decide to get brave with top set or something.

Against most, just get it in yea. It's multi way, so not only looking for value from scrum.
  • edited May 2012
    read your other post dude
  • edited May 2012
    Tbh didn't even see your name mate, you see so many HH's on here never take much notice of each individual player, although one reason why I never leave names in of players in ;)

Aplogies anyway but defo think you could have played them a tad stronger :)
  • edited May 2012
    np m8 basically played it self new flop the flush so i just called is bet on the flop hopeing  board paired  did not  so he check the turn so took the free card lucky for me board paired
  • edited May 2012
    bet/protect/value on flop
    bet turn
    b/f river

edit: Scrum - never put people on flopped flushes ! Get it in on flop with set )

Lambert - it's ok I wasn't expecting a reply on the pm i SENT YOU ! ) feeling a bit touchy today -_-
  • edited May 2012
    never checking the turn here after betting the flop and im called. you were after a flush thats what you got you wanted a caller thats what you got. Dont let him have free cards to hit a Rag A-off of dimonds. Fold the river if he shoves.
  • edited May 2012
    Well I wasn't really 'after' anything, I was just allowed to see a free flop from the BB. But yeah, I realise now, I should have bet turn. I was probably just thinking too much when I didn't really know my opponent. If I ever see someone check raise me on a flop like that and give up on a non flush turn, then I'd always be betting (especially if I have a set of 8s!)

But yeah, first session back to cash for a while, must be a bit rusty.

Emma has managed to show me up at poker again lol. We both played our first ever timed tourney today (not simultaneously because we only have 1 laptop)... She trebles her BI, and I bust out in level 2 :(

I didn't realise them timed tournies had such fast structures, mental.
  • edited May 2012
    Re: Flopped flush vs. set of 8's - Interesting hand, will post my £0.02 later.
  • edited May 2012
    Well I wasn't really 'after' anything, I was just allowed to see a free flop from the BB. But yeah, I realise now, I should have bet turn. I was probably just thinking too much when I didn't really know my opponent. If I ever see someone check raise me on a flop like that and give up on a non flush turn, then I'd always be betting (especially if I have a set of 8s!) But yeah, first session back to cash for a while, must be a bit rusty. Emma has managed to show me up at poker again lol. We both played our first ever timed tourney today (not simultaneously because we only have 1 laptop)... She trebles her BI, and I bust out in level 2 :( I didn't realise them timed tournies had such fast structures, mental.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yep this is what it looked like to me, tbh I'd just treat it very simlar to NL4 which it pretty much is for the most part, therefore VALOOOOOO !