You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games:
    @Rancid - That hand where you made it 30p, then I made it £1.20, you went £2.55, I flatted IP then you jammed your last £5 on KJx flop, dya mind telling me what you had? I had QQ and couldn't see anything I was beating when you played like that.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sorry but I AM not going to say what I had, leave it to your imagination

But what I will say Paul is, ask yourself why you flat pre - it's a 4 bet by me

Once you flat a 4 bet and don't have a pot size bet left, you canny fold whatever the flop is

I 4 bet half my stack Paul, did you not notice that I will not be folding

It really doesn't matter what I had, maybe you can learn something here m8'ty
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Moon_River Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £11.99
    elpapagal Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £6.02
      Your hole cards        
    Jo_Oxo Call   £0.10 £0.25 £11.13
    rancid Raise   £0.50 £0.75 £10.56
    Lambert180 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £10.99
    sharky9999 Fold        
    Moon_River Fold        
    elpapagal Fold        
    Jo_Oxo Fold        
    rancid Raise   £5.00 £7.25 £5.56
    Lambert180 Call   £4.00 £11.25 £6.99
    Flop

• K
    • J

rancid All-in   £5.56 £16.81 £0.00
    Lambert180 Fold

• edited May 2012
    Cheers Rancid.

I was thinking of another hand between you and me, where the betting went that way but you folded in that other hand. I hoped you might think I was trying to back at you for the above hand, I had AA I believe, but don't quote me on that.

Looking back I played the above hand pretty horribly and am probably in for some abuse now lol
  • edited May 2012
    Lambert did you call half your stack with QQ, then fold flop.
    Beyond bad.

If you think youre good go allin, or fold, calling pre cant be an option.
  • edited May 2012
    Lambert did you call half your stack with QQ, then fold flop. Beyond bad. If you think youre good go allin, or fold, calling pre cant be an option.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Yes I know, looking back, I can't believe I did it.

I should know better... think it was partly cos it was Rancid, but if anything that probably gives me more reason to call. But yeah with the pot size to his remaining stack, it's pretty horrible to fold.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : Yes I know, looking back, I can't believe I did it. I should know better... think it was partly cos it was Rancid, but if anything that probably gives me more reason to call. But yeah with the pot size to his remaining stack, it's pretty horrible to fold.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Taking poker advice from rancid is like taking driving lessons with a blind man
  • edited May 2012
    monster 4b by rancid clearly had AK lolol
  • edited May 2012
    fold or shove that hand cant call no point in calling 
  • edited May 2012
    can't fold - has to be allin either pre or post flop (maybe just maybe you can fold to a AKx suited flop)

but don't listen to me - spent last night 5 betting into KK each time - not a good policy
  • edited May 2012
    Yes people, I played the hand really bad, I don't think I need anyone else to tell me this lol.

I reckon Rancid knows I'm pretty much the second biggest nit in Nittsville (only after Dudeskin lol), and with how the betting went, I struggle to think of a single hand he has here that I beat on the flop, AK, AA, KK, JJ... doubt he does this (especially against me once I've 3bet) with AQ or TT or lower.

In this case I think I probably saved myself some money but in reality I think I probably should have lost the full BI here. He must know that I can never fold the flop, or at least should never fold the flop and so him sticking the rest in on the flop, knowing he has next to zero FE means it's gonna be more for value and all the more likely I'm behind.

But yeah 5bet jam or fold. 
  • edited May 2012
    Tbh if he has a monster, AK/AA/KK/JJ, he might be wise to actually check to feign weakness hoping you believe it and try a failed bluff, knowing if you check behind it'll go in on the turn anyway. However from what he knows about you it's clear you're gonna have a tiny number of hands flatting half your stack pre so just thinks you can't fold.

What would have been funny is if he crazily had QQ too lol
  • edited May 2012
    everytime i get it allin pre with rancid he has kk lol
  • edited May 2012
    Funny thing is, if he does have QQ, I'm probably better off (or about even) folding the flop than I am getting it all in, having rake taken, then splitting it!
  • edited May 2012
    Really, even with the £5.50 dead money contributed already?
  • edited May 2012
    No ignore me, I worked it out wrong, I'm completely wrong lol. I still think I was behind though :p
  • edited May 2012
    Took a break from cash last night and was planning on the same again tonight.

Just thought I'd post because I decided to have my first go at qualifying for Blackpool. I aint gonna be spending much money on doing it this time, if I qualify cheaper then great, if not, I'll just not play at Blackpool.... well, maybe some side events.

So I played my first £5 satellite which finished 5-10 mins ago. 14 runners so there were 2 seats into the semi and 3rd got £19.20. There was a combination of very good play from me and some terrible play from some of the worse players in there. One hand quite late on, it was min-raised, I re-jammed with JJ and villian called off like 80% of his stack with 89off when he was not commited at all.

Anyway, got down to 3 handed, me a guy called Jeff something and cenachav... me and cenachav only had about 8-9k and the other guy had like 24k. Cenachav jams AJs from the button, I happily call on the BB with AK... I hit a straight and he hits a flush :(

No hard feelings Cenachav, had a good bit of banter through that sat, and I still got £19.20... just deciding now whether I use it to buy-in direct tonight or just play some more £5 sats cos I can probably get more attempts for my money.
  • edited May 2012
    I've been a bit distracted from poker these last few days. My brother (an avid chess player and occasional poker player) has convinced me finally to join up to Chess.com. It's free to sign up, and you can either play live chess online or correspondence chess.

I hadn't played a game of chess since I was about 15 or younger, and basically then I only knew the rules in terms of what moves each piece can make but nothing about strategy. But yeah, these last few days I've really got hooked on it.

Any other chess players out there?
  • edited May 2012
    Just binked a free entry into the Blackpool £24 Semi courtesy of 865. And I'm already £15 up after my first £5 satellite for Blackpool when I bubbled for £19, so who knows... maybe I'll be able to get to Blackpool and make a £15 profit in the process :p
  • edited May 2012
    I've been a bit distracted from poker these last few days. My brother (an avid chess player and occasional poker player) has convinced me finally to join up to Chess.com. It's free to sign up, and you can either play live chess online or correspondence chess. I hadn't played a game of chess since I was about 15 or younger, and basically then I only knew the rules in terms of what moves each piece can make but nothing about strategy. But yeah, these last few days I've really got hooked on it. Any other chess players out there?
    Posted by Lambert180
    I used to play chess a few years ago, but I haven't play for ages.

I just subscribed to Chess.com. I will give it a go.

Do you want to arrange a match?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : I used to play chess a few years ago, but I haven't play for ages. I just subscribed to Chess.com. I will give it a go. Do you want to arrange a match?
    Posted by GreekWay
    Yeah sure. As I said, I aint played for 10+ years and even then I only knew the absolute basics so I'm virtually learning from scratch and might not give you a great game, but yeah I'm up for a game.

My name on there is Lambert180, just thought it would be easy for me to remember and anyone who plays and is on Sky will remember it easily.
  • edited May 2012
    Bit gutted after tonight. Played the 'Coach Kendall' freeroll, think I played really well, got coolered early on getting KK in pre against AA, but managed to come back and chip up quite well. Was playing well, but in the very deep stages it became a case of needing to win races again and again. I managed to come 121st which normally I'd be quite happy with considering there were 1000 runners but I really wanted to take it down, or at least FT for a sky hoody.

Then I made a pretty swift exit from my free entry into the Blackpool semi :( I got injured in a previous hand and this hand happened...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    rosjim1 Small blind   25.00 25.00 3325.00
    MSDOS Big blind   50.00 75.00 2125.00
      Your hole cards

kidgrimsby Fold        
    grap Call   50.00 125.00 4990.00
    Lambert180 Call   50.00 175.00 950.00
    rosjim1 Call   25.00 200.00 3300.00
    MSDOS Check        
    Flop

• A

rosjim1 Check        
    MSDOS Check        
    grap Bet   50.00 250.00 4940.00
    Lambert180 All-in   950.00 1200.00 0.00
    rosjim1 Fold        
    MSDOS Fold        
    grap Call   900.00 2100.00 4040.00
    grap Show
    • A

Lambert180 Show

Turn

River

grap Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s 2100.00   6140.00
    I wanted to get it in on the flop when I had the most equity and knew I was virtually flipping even against AA. Was happy to double up (hopefully) or add 25% to my stack.

Dya think my thinking is sound here?
  • edited May 2012
    Don't like limping pre with 20bbs and 8 high especially in a SAT. 

Flop fine.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : Yeah sure. As I said, I aint played for 10+ years and even then I only knew the absolute basics so I'm virtually learning from scratch and might not give you a great game, but yeah I'm up for a game. My name on there is Lambert180, just thought it would be easy for me to remember and anyone who plays and is on Sky will remember it easily.
    Posted by Lambert180

Do you fancy playing best of 5 in chess and best of 5 on HUSNGs?

It should be fun.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : Do you fancy playing best of 5 in chess and best of 5 on HUSNGs? It should be fun.
    Posted by GreekWay
    Yeah sounds good to me, what's your username on Chess.com? I'm up for the HU SnGs too, I like to think it's one of my most successful formats :P how big do you want the buy-in?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : Yeah sounds good to me, what's your username on Chess.com? I'm up for the HU SnGs too, I like to think it's one of my most successful formats :P how big do you want the buy-in?
    Posted by Lambert180
    My username on Chess.com is Greek_Way.

Do fancy playing five 2.10 HUSNGs?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : My username on Chess.com is Greek_Way. Do fancy playing five 2.10 HUSNGs?
    Posted by GreekWay
    I don't seem to be able to find you. Maybe you can find me .... Lambert180

And yeah I'm up for £2.10 HU games, best of 5. I'm off to bed in a minute, so can't do it now, but I'm free pretty much every evening (except tomorrow night cos I'm playing a live game tomorrow).
  • edited May 2012
    Best of luck. It's refreshing to see a thread about HU sngs as they are a passion of mine. Are you still concentrating on the turbos? 
  • edited May 2012
    Best of luck. It's refreshing to see a thread about HU sngs as they are a passion of mine. Are you still concentrating on the turbos? 
    Posted by patwalshh
    Not anymore, it had been my most profitable format so I was playing them to build my BR back up, but then I went and cashed at SPT Cardiff for £375 so that basically gave me back a decent enough BR where I was happy multi-tabling 10NL which is what I've been doing since. Although admittedly I've taken 1 too many days off recently cos I've been playing loads of chess... need to get back on the grind.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : Not anymore, it had been my most profitable format so I was playing them to build my BR back up, but then I went and cashed at SPT Cardiff for £375 so that basically gave me back a decent enough BR where I was happy multi-tabling 10NL which is what I've been doing since. Although admittedly I've taken 1 too many days off recently cos I've been playing loads of chess... need to get back on the grind.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ahh grats on the cash. How does it feel to have your own Hendon page? How many tables of 10nl are you playing? Which format do you enjoy the most, stts, hu sngs or cash? I play chess too, would be cool to play you sometime.  
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : I don't seem to be able to find you. Maybe you can find me .... Lambert180 And yeah I'm up for £2.10 HU games, best of 5. I'm off to bed in a minute, so can't do it now, but I'm free pretty much every evening (except tomorrow night cos I'm playing a live game tomorrow).
    Posted by Lambert180
    I have you on facebook so we could chat from there to arrange the games.

No worries from tomorrow. We can arrange to do both sessions some time in the weekend if you can make it. Obviously not Saturday evening/night cause it's the CHL final.

Best of 5 then.Can't wait to remember how to play chess.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : Ahh grats on the cash. How does it feel to have your own Hendon page? How many tables of 10nl are you playing? Which format do you enjoy the most, stts, hu sngs or cash? I play chess too, would be cool to play you sometime.  
    Posted by patwalshh
    Yeah it felt great to get myself a hendon mob page. I went out 12th in the end, bit annoyed I didn't FT and get a nice sky trophy for final tabling cos there were loads of shorties but I was going for the win once I'd cashed. I generally play between 4-6 tables, depending on how many good tables there are.

It's really hard to pick a favourite format, I really do like them all. MTTs are great when you bink one but I do struggle with handling the amount of variance involved. One thing I can say is that I love live poker so much more than online

Yeah would be up for a game of chess. I play on Chess.com, it's free to sign up, you should give it a go