You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re:...:
    In Response to Re:... : Cheers Woogie, very nice then, I'm happy with 9% at these.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hell yea I would settle for 9% over any form of the game. (But I'm easily pleased, ask the missus) :-)

Mike
  • edited May 2012
    I'm definitely going to be at SPT Blackpool with Emma this year, we've got our hotel booked and everything, I'm just not sure if I'm actually gonna be playing the main event or not cos I aint qualified yet. To be honest, I've been pretty lazy so far, I've played the £5 sat once and bubbled for £19, and I played the £24 Semi once cos I won free entry on 865 (don't think i've ever donked off all my chips so fast in my life).

So thought I'd give it a whirl tonight, played the £5 satellite just then and qualified, so I'm in the Semi at 9:30pm for a fiver. Fingers crossed!

Even if I don't qualify, I'll still be able to have a drink with the lads and play some side events.

Bankroll: £238.02
    Poker Points: 971 (£7.77)
  • edited May 2012
    Well it got 25 runners in the end, so 2 seats and £110 for 3rd. I ended up coming 14th and this was the exit hand.

I had this stupid idea in my head that if I raised I'd have been more likely to get re-jammed on with weaker hands (thinking they could get a fold) than I would be to get called by weaker hands if I open shove. Once I got shoved on, felt pretty sick which shows the problem really, I induced and then wished I hadn't lol. Think I could have open folded this.

Almost sucked out on him too, by flopping the J and the FD so I had clubs, jacks or aces as outs :(

I just can't play satellites!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mitch22 Small blind   75.00 75.00 2740.00
    edgar08 Big blind   150.00 225.00 3120.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

Lambert180 Raise   450.00 675.00 1397.50
    illyas Fold        
    ISAAC21 Fold        
    mitch22 All-in   2740.00 3415.00 0.00
    edgar08 Fold        
    Lambert180 All-in   1397.50 4812.50 0.00
    mitch22 Unmatched bet   967.50 3845.00 967.50
    mitch22 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Lambert180 Show
    • A
    • J

Flop

• J

Turn

• K

River

mitch22 Win Pair of Queens 3845.00   4812.50
  • edited May 2012
    Just got a really quick session in cos I wanted to get over the 1000 point mark and I've been desperate to play some games but aint had the chance over the last day or two. Annoying cos now I've got stuff to get on with and I was running really well.

I played 5 and won 4 for a £13.75 profit, so that's covered the fiver I lost in attempting SPT Blackpool.

Bankroll: £251.77
    Poker Points: 1006 (£10.06)

I'm now earning 1p per point so 3p per Hyper, so should be able to earn another 2 or 3 quid. Still looking good to meet my aim of getting back to £280 for the end of the month.
  • edited May 2012
    Excellent progress, keep up the good work.

Going back to your ROI question on Saturday;

42 games @ 5.25 = 220.50 invested

19.50 profit / 220.50 invested x 100% = 8.84% ROI

That forumula will work whenever you want to calculate your ROI over a session

ie profit (or loss) / total of buy-ins x 100% = ROI
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!!:
    Well it got 25 runners in the end, so 2 seats and £110 for 3rd. I ended up coming 14th and this was the exit hand. I had this stupid idea in my head that if I raised I'd have been more likely to get re-jammed on with weaker hands (thinking they could get a fold) than I would be to get called by weaker hands if I open shove. Once I got shoved on, felt pretty sick which shows the problem really, I induced and then wished I hadn't bert180
    Bad stack size to do this from, and there aren't many players who will re-jam light anyway, so you'd probably need reads on a couple of players behind. 

But in general their rejamming range when you 3x will be stronger than their re-jamming range when you min raise.

From this stack size, if anything, players re-shoving range over a 3x open will be stronger than their calling range had you simply open jammed!!!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!!:
    Excellent progress, keep up the good work. Going back to your ROI question on Saturday; 42 games @ 5.25 = 220.50 invested 19.50 profit / 220.50 invested x 100% = 8.84% ROI That forumula will work whenever you want to calculate your ROI over a session ie profit (or loss) / total of buy-ins x 100% = ROI
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Cheers Gary, gonna be trying to keep track of my ROI through June as I've got an ROI challenge with Dohhhh and Splashies.
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : Bad stack size to do this from, and there aren't many players who will re-jam light anyway, so you'd probably need reads on a couple of players behind.  But in general their rejamming range when you 3x will be stronger than their re-jamming range when you min raise. From this stack size, if anything, players re-shoving range over a 3x open will be stronger than their calling range had you simply open jammed!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah you're right Dohhhhh, annoys me so much. I always seem to play really well in the £5 games, then make stupid decisions in the £24 one. If that was in the £5 I'm sure I'd have just open folded.

I think I just got my eye on the prize a bit too much sometimes, and always have in the back of my head 'just one double up will make things comfortable' lol... I lose all patience at them end stages of a satellite where patience is everything. So annoying.
  • edited May 2012
    Excellent progress, keep up the good work. Going back to your ROI question on Saturday; 42 games @ 5.25 = 220.50 invested 19.50 profit / 220.50 invested x 100% = 8.84% ROI That forumula will work whenever you want to calculate your ROI over a session ie profit (or loss) / total of buy-ins x 100% = ROI
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Thanks from me as well Gary,
     Am glad my efforts at mental arithmetic were pretty close, & had got the formulae right I would have hated to give Paul some "Duff information/advice" :-)

Mike 

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : Cheers Gary, gonna be trying to keep track of my ROI through June as I've got an ROI challenge with Dohhhh and Splashies. Yeah you're right Dohhhhh, annoys me so much. I always seem to play really well in the £5 games, then make stupid decisions in the £24 one. If that was in the £5 I'm sure I'd have just open folded. I think I just got my eye on the prize a bit too much sometimes, and always have in the back of my head 'just one double up will make things comfortable' lol... I lose all patience at them end stages of a satellite where patience is everything. So annoying.
    Posted by Lambert180
    SharkyMcSkope will do all that!
  • edited May 2012
    Good stuff JJ, be nice to have a few graphs in my thread :)

Just got another quick session in. I now 2-table at all times because I feel completely comfortable with it now, and can get a ton more games in. So was a quick session but I played 20 games, and won 11 for a £5 profit. Donked off in the last one with 2nd pair thinking he was being aggro with a FD and then a missed FD on river but oh well. Also earned 60 points so that's 60p :)

Bankroll: £256.77
    Poker Points: 1066 (£10.66)

So that's 25 games so far today, might try to get that up to 50 later tonight.

Paul
  • edited May 2012
    Well after about 7 winning sessions in a row, it was only a matter of time before I had a losing session in these. But glad I kept the losses to a minimum. I played 25 and won 12 for a loss of £11.25. Only 2 BIs so not really bothered at all, still doing well, and eanred 75p in C4P ;)

Bankroll: £245.52
    Poker Points: 1141 (£11.41)

Still confident I'll reach my target of £280 by the end of the month.
  • edited May 2012
    Treat AJ and especialy AJ off as a Rag A no problem in raising with it but def not worth racing with. AK AQ or any pk AA KK QQ JJ and your done. Definately not something to call a shove with insta fold imo. Your beat by so much it aint worth it and rather wait for a better spot. If it was on the flop then yea you can have a gamble with the nut flush draw.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : Cheers Gary, gonna be trying to keep track of my ROI through June as I've got an ROI challenge with Dohhhh and Splashies. Yeah you're right Dohhhhh, annoys me so much. I always seem to play really well in the £5 games, then make stupid decisions in the £24 one. If that was in the £5 I'm sure I'd have just open folded. I think I just got my eye on the prize a bit too much sometimes, and always have in the back of my head 'just one double up will make things comfortable' lol... I lose all patience at them end stages of a satellite where patience is everything. So annoying.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Roi challenge with Dohhhh and Splashies? Am I invited into this? ;)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : Roi challenge with Dohhhh and Splashies? Am I invited into this? ;)
    Posted by patwalshh
    Well it does only apply if you're playing HU Hypers lol. Would be a bit unfair to compare a DYM ROI with a HU Hyper ROI.

But if you fancy giving hypers a go for a month, then feel free to join in lol.
  • edited May 2012
    Treat AJ and especialy AJ off as a Rag A no problem in raising with it but def not worth racing with. AK AQ or any pk AA KK QQ JJ and your done. Definately not something to call a shove with insta fold imo. Your beat by so much it aint worth it and rather wait for a better spot. If it was on the flop then yea you can have a gamble with the nut flush draw.
    Posted by Dazler
    Yeah you're definitely right. I really suck at satellites and late stages of MTTs, I just seem to lose all my discipline when I get close to the end.
  • edited May 2012
    Right, I was gonna call it a night earlier, cos I let Emma have the laptop so she could play. She's doing really well at her DYMs by the way... too well to be honest lol, she's playing 100 DYMs to see what kinda ROI she can get, she's played 45 so far and has an ROI of just under 20%

Anyway, she'd had enough and we were just watching an episode of Red Dwarf before bed so I thought I'd cram a few more in. I played 8 and won 5 for a £8 profit

So all in all today, I've played 58 games, and won 32 for a total profit of £15.50 so an ROI of just over 5%

Bankroll: £253.52
    Poker Points: 1165 (£11.65)
  • edited May 2012
    Still not heard back from that job yet, a bit annoying now. Had my interview last Monday (21st May) and he said they were interviewing until Wednesday (23rd) so I should find out soon. But I was thinking it would be more like Friday/Monday :(

He's definitely phoning me to tell me either way so I guess no news is good news
  • edited May 2012
    Right, I was gonna call it a night earlier, cos I let Emma have the laptop so she could play. She's doing really well at her DYMs by the way... too well to be honest lol, she's playing 100 DYMs to see what kinda ROI she can get, she's played 45 so far and has an ROI of just under 20% Anyway, she'd had enough and we were just watching an episode of Red Dwarf before bed so I thought I'd cram a few more in. I played 8 and won 5 for a £8 profit So all in all today, I've played 58 games, and won 32 for a total profit of £15.50 so an ROI of just over 5% Bankroll: £253.52 Poker Points: 1165 (£11.65)
    Posted by Lambert180

What a perfect romantic evening,, only joking mate - well done to you both

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : Well it does only apply if you're playing HU Hypers lol. Would be a bit unfair to compare a DYM ROI with a HU Hyper ROI. But if you fancy giving hypers a go for a month, then feel free to join in lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ahh sorry I should have delved deeper before saying. HU hypers hmm.. Any ideas on what you want your winrate to be around? 3-5% is pretty solid imo
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : Ahh sorry I should have delved deeper before saying. HU hypers hmm.. Any ideas on what you want your winrate to be around? 3-5% is pretty solid imo
    Posted by patwalshh
    I'd be wanting/expecting 3% minimum, I think it's very do-able for me to achieve 5% and possibly more if I really put the work in.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : I'd be wanting/expecting 3% minimum, I think it's very do-able for me to achieve 5% and possibly more if I really put the work in.
    Posted by Lambert180
    For the challenge i'll take any roi in positive figures, be embarrassing if was negative.

I predict JJ will win.... a. he's better than us.. and b. he's had a torrid couple of months, so he's due big time.

Going back to the forfeit, maybe let the winner choose what the new avatars will be for the 2 losers, can be anything? If I win, i'll ask Emma for an idea of an avatar you'd hate.

Good luck with the job hunting too mate.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah I'll be happy with any positive ROI too, as I'm new to them and just happy to steadily be increasing my BR through small profits and C4P til I'm a bit more secure at my level. I worked out I reckon I could easy make £70+ from C4P out of these without too much work.

But yeah money's probably on JJ and yeah he does deserve it.

I'll be posting up some results soon from a monster session (for me) that has been brutal in patches but I think I'm getting back on top/makign a bad situation less ugly lol
  • edited May 2012
    I predict.......

A 0% ROI could win!

Odds on that?

Ever the pessimist! ;)
  • edited May 2012
    Nice to know you have faith not only in your self, but in me and Splashies lol.

Right, well I've finished playing now, think I've hypered myself out for today and think Emma will probably kill me if I spend another minute on this laptop so I won't be getting in a session tonight. Played alot of games, and it was very up and down, was in profit for a small time, but spent alot of the time, just uder the break even point.

Then I went on a horrid run, one example is in 1 game having 850 chips v 150, and getting him all in with AQ, then KJ, then AQ in 3 hands back to back, all of which I was ahead and all of which I lost. Then lost flip after flip and found myself about -£50 for the session

So that explains why now I have never been so happy to finish a session with an £8 loss lol. So am glad it's not even 2 BIs down and I earned ALOT of C4P which makes up for almost a quarter of that loss. Played 72 games and won 37 of them.

Bankroll: £245.52
    Poker Points: 1381 (£13.81)

A well earned rest for me tonight!
  • edited May 2012
    As you all know, I've been playing alot of Hypers recently and one very important thing that affects your ROI in SnGs and the like when you're paying ALOT of BIs is the amount of rake charged per BI. It's been brought to my attention that there is another 'place' that charges less than half the rake on Hypers than Sky do.

This site might bring me up against some slightly tougher competition and probably a few less really bad players, so I'm gonna give it a go to test the waters and see if the difference in standard counteracts the rake difference or not.

As an example of the difference it could make... yesterday I played 72 Hypers so paid £18 in rake. If this other site offered a £5 game, then the rake I would have paid would have been £7.20, so yesterday when I managed to make a loss of £8 for the session, that would have actually been a £2.80 profit in other places.

I'm not leaving Sky by any means, but will be pinching £20 off my roll, giving me somewhere in the region of $40 (I'll find out exactly when I deposit) and see how I get on with my little venture. I'll be posting updates on both bankrolls here so you can see how I'm getting off with the difference in rake/player standard. Obviously I won't mention the other site's name as I doubt Sky would be impressed lol.

Thus my target for the end of May is to get my Sky bankroll up to £260 because I've withdrawn £20 and was aiming for £280.

Sky Bankroll: £225.52
    ??? Bankroll: $31.14

EDIT: Exchange rates not quite what I thought it was lol, but yeah £20 is $31.14 so let's see how I get on.
  • edited May 2012
    I know it's a silly small session, in fact, I wouldn't even call it a session, but I just wanted to test out the software on this other place and see what I think. I do really like it, but I might have been swayed slightly by the fact I played 4 and won 4 lol. I know 4 is a ridiculous sample size but I was glad to see the people I played were pretty terrible so they do still exist out there!

Sky Bankroll: £225.52
    ??? Bankroll: $44.34

Won't be able to play TOO much in June cos I need to get 1000 games in on Sky. But I think I can finish 1000 easily half way through the month, then spend some time floating between the two.
  • edited May 2012
    I wasn't gonna do it as a seperate post but oh well, I changed my mind. I wanted to get some more games in on Sky to get my bankroll back up to target. Just a quick session before starting the kid's dinner. Played 5 and won 4 of them for £13.75 profit. Would have been 5 out of 5, if one of the games wasn't against someone semi-competent lol. Which would have been 9 in a row including games from my 2nd BR, but oh well, still won 8/9 overall, nice ROI :p

Sky Bankroll: £239.27   (remember I withdrew £20 earlier)
    Poker Points: 1396 (£13.96)

So my BR + C4P currently is £253.23 so I have either tonight or tomorrow to earn an extra £6-7 to meet my target for May. I'm well happy with how I've done for C4P this month, I think it's actually the highest I've ever got!

• edited May 2012
    Decided to give these £1 sats into the 2k HU Shuffle a go, seen as there's so much value, and it should be my thing after all the HU I've been playing. In the 9:15pm now, so fingers crossed.
  • edited May 2012
    It got 26 runners in the end, and I only finished 12th :(

Just never managed to get going, literally didn't flop TP or better in the entire tourney. That's punishment for winning 8/9 games earlier lol. Definitely be giving these a go again though if they stick to having so few runners and £1 BI.

Sky Bankroll: £238.12
    Poker Points: 1396 (£13.96)
    =======================
    ==========================
  • edited May 2012
    Here we go then sports fans! The day before the challenge starts, my final preparations are coming together nicely.

Will put in a post midnight session tonight to get the ball rolling.

Oh btw gl with your other bankroll Paul. Reach for the stars! :P