You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : I have you on facebook so we could chat from there to arrange the games. No worries from tomorrow. We can arrange to do both sessions some time in the weekend if you can make it. Obviously not Saturday evening/night cause it's the CHL final. Best of 5 then.Can't wait to remember how to play chess.
    Posted by GreekWay
    You'll have to tell me your name on FB, I've got so many Sky people on there I lose track. But yeah looking forward to it.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : You'll have to tell me your name on FB, I've got so many Sky people on there I lose track. But yeah looking forward to it.
    Posted by Lambert180
    My name on facebook is George Los Rodis.
  • edited May 2012
    Played a live game last night at a local pub, was a really good night with a really good group of lads (and 1 girl). £5 in, 1 rebuy allowed in the first hour (no matter what your stack size) and 1 add-on at first break. The owner chose to use his re-buy in the first hand so he had double the starting stack, and then donked it all off mega quick by being super super agro lol... gave me a nice double up along the way though :)

Didn't bother rebuying cos I was chipped up nicely but did get an add-on. Playing really well all night, and it did help playing against some mighty big fish. Got down to the FT of 8, we were down to 7 at this point (top 3 paid), it was a pretty fast structure to try to finish by midnight, so I had 10-11BBs (think I was 4th in chips), folds round to me in CO, I open jam AQs... folds round to the BB (the worst player in the game by a country mile) who thinks for a bit and then calls for 3/4 of his stack with K3s. Needless to say, the river was a 3 :( lol so I ended up 7th.

People asked him if he mis-read his cards after calling off like 3/4 of his stack to an open shove with K3s and he said he was looking at me and sensed I had something... so that's why he called with K3s lol.

Great night though, and good cheap fun. Payouts were £100, £50 and £15 which aint too bad for £5 BI and 14 runners. Definitely go again.
  • edited May 2012
    Fancied a bit of poker, but didn't have time for a cash session so just mucked about a bit on DYMs and my old favourite Hypers. Won 1, lost 1 at the DYMs and won 4/6 of my Hypers, was playing £5.25 Hypers today now that I can afford them and to see what the opposition was like. The people I came accross didn't seem much different from the people I was playing at £1 games. So made a nice £9.70 profit for a quick bit of fun. Great for the poker points them higher up Hypers too!

Poker Points: 297

Really slacked off from poker recently with that live game last night and lots of chess, will definitely be getting back on the wagon and I'm still confident I can make the 1000 point mark.
  • edited May 2012
    Right, I've been hiding away from posting in my diary because I've been having a bit of a horrible time of it. I still am really but there was a little light at the end of the tunnel today.

I know I never stop chopping and changing, but while I was at my mums over the weekend, her laptop can only handle 1 table, and I didn't wanna 1 table cash, so I ended up playing lots of £5.25 hypers. I know I can beat them, I have done at lower levels and the general standard is really not that much different. So I've been playing alot of them recently.

My bankroll started out at about £280 before I started them and I'm now down to £207 which did hurt a bit. A little of that is down to  playing the DTD and the odd bits and bobs, but it's mostly hypers. However, this is only just over a 10BI swing and when I first started these I was running truly horribly, could never win a flip, 60/40, 70/30, nothing lol, so I'm not too shocked/alarmed to be down this much. I know I'm outplaying most of the people I'm coming up against at the mo and am getting it in good and making the right moves in the right spots most of the time. Just had a winning streak of 7 games.

I'm now watching alot of training vids on Hypers just to see if I can find any ways to improve my win-rate because most of what I do is from my own experience and some help from Dohhhhhhh.

Bankroll: £207.72
    Poker Points: 673 (£5.38)

Edit: I'm up for that ROI challenge by the way for June if you want Dohhhh, or anyone else that wants one over 1000 hypers
  • edited May 2012
    Got another few games in this evening, played 14 and won 8 of them for £6.50 profit. Bit annoying that I was more in profit earlier in the session but still a decent ROI so can't complain. Racked up an extra 34p in C4P too ;)

Bankroll: £214.22
    Poker Points: 718 (£5.72)

Looks like I'll be cruising to getting my 1000+ poker points. Will be happy if I can just get my BR back up to £280 by the end of the month, £10+ of which is gonna come from C4P, so shouldn't be too tricky, variance permitting.
  • edited May 2012
    Oh by the way, I meant to write in my post the other day, me and GreekWay have had a few games of chess now, he's currently winning 4 games to 2, but we'll be playing a few more soon. Hopefully I can beat him at the HU games to level the score either way.
  • edited May 2012
    Right, I've been hiding away from posting in my diary because I've been having a bit of a horrible time of it. I still am really but there was a little light at the end of the tunnel today. I know I never stop chopping and changing, but while I was at my mums over the weekend, her laptop can only handle 1 table, and I didn't wanna 1 table cash, so I ended up playing lots of £5.25 hypers. I know I can beat them, I have done at lower levels and the general standard is really not that much different. So I've been playing alot of them recently. My bankroll started out at about £280 before I started them and I'm now down to £207 which did hurt a bit. A little of that is down to  playing the DTD and the odd bits and bobs, but it's mostly hypers. However, this is only just over a 10BI swing and when I first started these I was running truly horribly, could never win a flip, 60/40, 70/30, nothing lol, so I'm not too shocked/alarmed to be down this much. I know I'm outplaying most of the people I'm coming up against at the mo and am getting it in good and making the right moves in the right spots most of the time. Just had a winning streak of 7 games. I'm now watching alot of training vids on Hypers just to see if I can find any ways to improve my win-rate because most of what I do is from my own experience and some help from Dohhhhhhh. Bankroll: £207.72 Poker Points: 673 (£5.38) Edit: I'm up for that ROI challenge by the way for June if you want Dohhhh, or anyone else that wants one over 1000 hypers
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'd be up for this Paul.

Can do a 3-way (steady on :P) or separate challenges. I don't mind either.

Good to see you're back playing these.

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Journey Through Cash Games : I'd be up for this Paul. Can do a 3-way (steady on :P) or separate challenges. I don't mind either. Good to see you're back playing these.
    Posted by splashies
    Yeah and I'm back to stay now. Yeah I'm definitely up for a 3 way ROI challenge if Dohhhhhh is up for it. If not, guess it's just you and me.

Hopefully by the end of 1000 games, JJ will be back on the straight and narrow.
  • edited May 2012
    I've been chatting to JJ on Facebook and he's agreed to the ROI challenge Splashies. Was gonna use my diary as a place to post how things are going etc and he'll provide some SS graphs on how we're getting on.

So 1000 Hypers, starting from 1st June. Good luck both!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back!:
    I've been chatting to JJ on Facebook and he's agreed to the ROI challenge Splashies. Was gonna use my diary as a place to post how things are going etc and he'll provide some SS graphs on how we're getting on. So 1000 Hypers, starting from 1st June. Good luck both!
    Posted by Lambert180

Nice one.

We need to think of a forfeit or something for the 2 losers.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! : Nice one. We need to think of a forfeit or something for the 2 losers.
    Posted by splashies
    What did you have in mind? Only so much you can do in the way off forfeits online.

What level you gonna be playing for June then?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! : What did you have in mind? Only so much you can do in the way off forfeits online. What level you gonna be playing for June then?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hmmm not got any ideas as of yet, but i'll have a think.

I'll be playing the £3.15 hypers for the rest of the year. I noticed the other week that i had a star on sharkscope. It was for being ranked 19th in total profit for $2-5 HU sngs in 2012 over all networks. So I've kind of set myself a target to get to #1 in the world. The £5.25's don't fall into this bracket so it's going to be £3.15s until December.

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! : Hmmm not got any ideas as of yet, but i'll have a think. I'll be playing the £3.15 hypers for the rest of the year. I noticed the other week that i had a star on sharkscope. It was for being ranked 19th in total profit for $2-5 HU sngs in 2012 over all networks. So I've kind of set myself a target to get to #1 in the world. The £5.25's don't fall into this bracket so it's going to be £3.15s until December.
    Posted by splashies
    Ok fair enough, well good luck with that. 19th is still mighty impressive. Do you actually get anything if you finish say 1st, other than obviously all the profits you've made and the bragging rights?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! : Ok fair enough, well good luck with that. 19th is still mighty impressive. Do you actually get anything if you finish say 1st, other than obviously all the profits you've made and the bragging rights?
    Posted by Lambert180
    No prize, as far as I'm aware. But bragging rights will do :)

Oh and where are you watching the hyper training vids? husng.com ?
  • edited May 2012
    Well yeah, I saw them 2 leakfinders one on HUsng.com... Well I actually found them on youtube but they posted up from HUsng.com

There really isn't much out there on hypers at all, but I keep looking for vids and even just written guides/ideas abuot them. I've also started looking on other poker forums for the first time ever because I know some of the bigger forums discuss hypers more.
  • edited May 2012
    Only managed to get in a quick session because I've got things to be getting on with, but I plan to get probably 20ish games in tonight. Anyway, I played 8 and won 5 for an £8 profit.

Bankroll: £222.22
    Poker Points: 739
    (£5.91)

Just wanted to double check what any hyper players think of this river? I checked it  to him because I couldn't see how I could get value from anything that I was beating. This an easy check or do you think is this structure there are worse hands that call?

I've removed their name so as not to be nasty but if it helps in your answer, the player was pretty awful, no idea about shoving/calling ranges when short stacked, never ever raised pre, always limped, and limped nearly 100% of hands in first couple of levels (I did play 3 games against him, so did get a good chance to see what his game was like).
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    X Small blind   15.00 15.00 615.00
    Lambert180 Big blind   30.00 45.00 340.00
      Your hole cards

X Call   15.00 60.00 600.00
    Lambert180 Check        
    Flop

• Q

Lambert180 Check        
    X Check        
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet   30.00 90.00 310.00
    X Raise   60.00 150.00 540.00
    Lambert180 Call   30.00 180.00 280.00
    River

• J

Lambert180 Check        
    X Check        
    Lambert180 Show

X Muck

Lambert180 Win Straight to the Queen 180.00   460.00
  • edited May 2012
    I forgot to say ages ago, but needless to say I didn't get that job that I interviewed for recently. I was a bit annoyed at the time but thinking about it I don't think it was ideal for me and I'm not sure I'd have been really happy there long-term.

However, I did go for another interview on Monday just gone for a much better job, with better prospects. Should hopefully be finding out about that one tomorrow so fingers crossed.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!!:
    I forgot to say ages ago, but needless to say I didn't get that job that I interviewed for recently. I was a bit annoyed at the time but thinking about it I don't think it was ideal for me and I'm not sure I'd have been really happy there long-term. However, I did go for another interview on Monday just gone for a much better job, with better prospects. Should hopefully be finding out about that one tomorrow so fingers crossed.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i remember when you said you could easily get a job in 2 weeks lambert and that was 2 months ago lol ;)

But good luck m8 hope you get it :)

by the way are you going to have a go at the double your money challenge and how far have you got in it if you have? Also what the attraction with the hypers you keep playing ive not touched them and just wonderd is it worth a look at?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!!:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : i remember when you said you could easily get a job in 2 weeks lambert and that was 2 months ago lol ;) But good luck m8 hope you get it :)
    Posted by Dazler
    To be fair, I've been a right lazy **** lol. I left work in mid March and have probably only spent about 5 proper days between then and now looking for work. I've had 4 interviews now, so hopefully it's 4th time lucky ;)

EDIT: I remember that post when I was talking to you about finding work and I KNEW when I posted this up here, you'd post something similar to what you did, or at least be thinking it lol.

Oh well, no luck for yourself finding work yet then?
  • edited May 2012
    Good luck hope you get the job.

I have an idea for a forfeit for the ROI challenge...

The two losers have to have the badge/crest of their rival football teams as their avatar on here for a whole month.

I believe you're an Everton fan, so you would change to Liverpool.

JJ supports Doncaster and he hates Sheffield Wednesday, so that's his.

And I support Northampton Town (up the Cobblers!), so I would have to change to Peterborough. (P*sh)

Hows that sound?

• edited May 2012
    Yeah sound fine to me, although JJ has suggested maybe we do the rival's badge for the first week, then a picture of Gregghogg for the 2nd week lol.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - Indecisive Idiot Strikes Back! ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!! : i remember when you said you could easily get a job in 2 weeks lambert and that was 2 months ago lol ;) But good luck m8 hope you get it :)by the way are you going to have a go at the double your money challenge and how far have you got in it if you have? Also what the attraction with the hypers you keep playing ive not touched them and just wonderd is it worth a look at?
    Posted by Dazler
    Yeah I have had a few goes so far, aint ran too well so far, got to the £1.15 games twice (when that was level 3) and went out in horrible spots like nut FHs v Quads. Few times I've failed at 30p and 60p games, dunno what's going on with me not being able to beat the low levels. I will definitely be trying again though, seems silly for me to run it and not bother trying to win it.

I don't wanna give too much away to be honest, but the Hypers at a glance seem very gambly to alot of people, but there's alot more play in them than people think. HU SnGs have always been my most profitable format when I played Turbos and I definitely think it's worthwhile sacraficing a small amount off my ROI for a still very beatable HU game where I can get 3 times the amount of games in the same time. So a £1 Turbo if you get 10% ROI you make 10p per game, if you change to Hypers, even if your ROI drops as low as 5%, you're making 5p per game but playing 3 games in the space of 1, so winning 15p in the same time you'd have won 10p AND earning 3 times as much C4P. Tis a swingy beast though.
  • edited May 2012
    Well that was a bit of a grind! I ended up playing quite a few more games than planned which is always a good thing. I was constantly running just below break even all session and then just managed to pop into the black in the last 2 games of the night. I was playing 2 tables for most of tonight and feel like I'm playing completely comfortably and don't think it's having any negative affect on my game.

So I played 34 games and only managed to win 18 of them for a massive £1.50 profit, although I'm happy to just string together as many winning sessions as possible. Also 34 games is 102 poker points, and at 1p per point, that's almost as much as I made this session!

Bankroll: £223.72
    Poker Points: 841 (£6.73)
  • edited May 2012
    Well that was a short but pretty great session. A combination of really bad players and me running really hot, which is only fair after how I started a week or two ago. Wasn't dishing out bad beats or anything but things like getting it in with AK v JT, the better hand (mine) was holding up every single time.

Things were going pretty great so I thought I'd take JJ's advice and just keep on playing until I lost one. So in the end I played 11 games, and won 9 for a nice £32.25 profit. Seems the maniacs come out on Saturday mornings as well as Saturday nights. I will be back for some more tonight :)

Bankroll: £255.97
    Poker Points: 874 (£6.99)

Not counting any chickens yet but I'm looking good to meet my target of getting my BR back up tot he £280 it was before I started hypers and had that horrible run. Only £15 away at the moment if I assume I'm gonna get £10 C4P cos I know I'll easy get to 1000+ points.
  • edited May 2012
    nice going Paul
    :-)
    gl 2nite
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    nice going Paul :-) gl 2nite dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks Devon for being the first person to post on my diary (excluding me!) in I dunno how long lol. Splashies excluded too cos we were sorting the ROI challenge.
  • edited May 2012
    Got a good few games in tonight, never really made it in to profit all night, was constantly just running below that break even point. It's a funny old game, I had about 9 rematches against 2 different opponents (9 games each), I was far better than both, one of them I completely crushed, couldn't lose a race, kept coolering them, kept outdrawing them, and the other person who by the way was like $5000 in the red on SS for SnGs, I couldn't win a single race, no matter how far ahead I was when I went in, just couldn't win.

Oh well, I played 31 games in the end and won 15 of them so made a loss of £12.75.   Still pretty happy with that cos I racked up alot of poker points and I'm still up £20 for the day :)  

So I played 42 games @ 5.25 and made a profit of £19.50, don't suppose anyone can tell me what that is in terms of ROI??

Bankroll: £243.22
    Poker Points: 967 (£7.74)

So I'm blatantly gonna break my 1000 poker points target now... might go for 1200 or 1300.

Paul
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to ...:
    Got a good few games in tonight, never really made it in to profit all night, was constantly just running below that break even point. It's a funny old game, I had about 9 rematches against 2 different opponents (9 games each), I was far better than both, one of them I completely crushed, couldn't lose a race, kept coolering them, kept outdrawing them, and the other person who by the way was like $5000 in the red on SS for SnGs, I couldn't win a single race, no matter how far ahead I was when I went in, just couldn't win. Oh well, I played 31 games in the end and won 15 of them so made a loss of £12.75.   Still pretty happy with that cos I racked up alot of poker points and I'm still up £20 for the day :)   So I played 42 games @ 5.25 and made a profit of £19.50, don't suppose anyone can tell me what that is in terms of ROI?? Bankroll: £243.22 Poker Points: 967 (£7.74) So I'm blatantly gonna break my 1000 poker points target now... might go for 1200 or 1300. Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    Without my calculator m8 about 9% :-)

Mike

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re:...:
    In Response to ... : Without my calculator m8 about 9% :-) Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688
    Cheers Woogie, very nice then, I'm happy with 9% at these.