You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• edited May 2012
    gl 4 your  june targets Paul,
    (*  *)
       "
      ^
    dev
  • edited May 2012
    Cheers Devon.

What world clock does Sharkscope work on though? I.E. what time will it be in the UK when SS thinks it's 1st June 00:01? Just some food for thought to make sure your session even counts.

I'll be playing a local pub game tonight so no Sky poker tonight for me, but hopefully I can add a few squid to my roll after tonight because the game is SO soft.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!!:
    Cheers Devon. What world clock does Sharkscope work on though? I.E. what time will it be in the UK when SS thinks it's 1st June 00:01? Just some food for thought to make sure your session even counts. I'll be playing a local pub game tonight so no Sky poker tonight for me, but hopefully I can add a few squid to my roll after tonight because the game is SO soft.
    Posted by Lambert180
    It's fine, anything after midnight will count as new month 100%.
  • edited May 2012
    Oh I meant to ask, do we take the ROI from our first 1000 games, or is it just, we have to play 1000 and we'll take the month's ROI whether you play 1001 or 5000?
  • edited May 2012
    I assumed that it's the whole month ROI with a minimum of 1000 games.

I don't think il manage too much more than 1k games anyway. How many you reckon you'll do?
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- ROI Challenge Coming In June!!!:
    I assumed that it's the whole month ROI with a minimum of 1000 games. I don't think il manage too much more than 1k games anyway. How many you reckon you'll do?
    Posted by splashies
    Whole month ROI, minimum 1000 games sounds fine to me.

I was planning on doing 1500-2000 tbh, but I'll have to see about that cos I got my other roll to play some with too.
  • edited May 2012
    Right that's me done for the day and done for the month. I just wanted to earn them extra few quid so I've met my target for the month. The reason I set that target was because...

A) it's what I had before starting playing Hypers again so I wanted to actually be in profit for my Hypers (which I am now)

B) When I took a dip after starting the £5 Hypers, it was the first time in ages that my SS graph for SnGs has been in the red, and I wanted it back in the black, which it now is :)

So anyway, I played 14 games today and won 9 of them for a £16.50 profit, very nice.

Sky Bankroll: £254.62
    Poker Points: 1439 (£14.39)
    =======================
    ??? Bankroll: $44.34
    ==========================

Almost got that £20 back too that I withdrew so I'm basically freerolling on that other site.

Month Summary

It's been a pretty good month in all, I've discovered that I can definitely beat this level of Hypers and finished the month in profit, I've set up a 2nd bankroll on another site, I've earned more C4P this month than I ever have before.

I'll post up about targets for June tomorrow.

Paul

• edited May 2012
    Your diary is a good read Paul. Good luck for June!
  • edited May 2012
    Lamberto. 

You can play your other site on your phone. 

Might help your laptop sharing issue thing.

• edited May 2012
    Cheers mate, always nice to get people posting, especally if it's to say something nice :)

Planning on Crushing Splashies and Dohhhh next month ;) lol.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Summary of May's Progress!:
    Lamberto.  You can play your other site on your phone.  Might help your laptop sharing issue thing.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah I did see that advertised on their site, very decent offer. I also saw they're doing a comp where you send in a pic of you playing poker in a random place and the best pic gets an iPad.

But my phone completely sucks, I can barely view webpages so I don't that's an option lol. But me and Emma were looking at laptops today actually, thinking about getting a second one.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Summary of May's Progress!:
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Summary of May's Progress! : Yeah I did see that advertised on their site, very decent offer. I also saw they're doing a comp where you send in a pic of you playing poker in a random place and the best pic gets an iPad. But my phone completely sucks, I can barely view webpages so I don't that's an option lol. But me and Emma were looking at laptops today actually, thinking about getting a second one.
    Posted by Lambert180
    You defo need to be a two laptop house. When you are you'll wonder how you ever coped with one. We have 4 working laptops, a working PC (and 2 broken laptops) here.

Best of luck for the 1,000 hyper thing, must admit I'm a bit tempted to join in myself. The site v site experiment is a great idea. Will be interesting to see how ROIs compare when you've built up a big sample.
  • edited May 2012
    Good luck with the Villa job Paul, hope you can still fulfil the 1,000 hypers still ;)

Can u tell I'm trying to kill time until midnight? :P
  • edited June 2012
    Cheers Splashies, and good luck with your midnight session.

Live Game

So I went to that live game again tonight at the local pub. Only 6 runners this time, the owner blamed that on it being a bank holiday weekend coming up and it being the end of the month. Same setup, £5 in, 1 rebuy allowed within 1st hour and 1 add-on. Standard was possibly even worse than last time I went.

One guy was playing about 80% of his hands without looking at them, and just limping, and check/calling. One hand, a guy bet 3 streets at him for him to call all the way down, the guy betting turns over a FH and everyone cheers, only for the blind guy to turn his cards over, seeing them for the first time, to have a bigger FH lol. Suffice to say the guy with the under house was not impressed!

So only 6 runners, but with all the rebuys etc it was £55 for 1st and £30 for 2nd. We were down to 4 and there was one guy with a tiny stack, like 3k, a super aggressive really bad player with about 50k, the 'blind' player with 50k and me with about 20k. Aggressive man raises, blind man flats pre blind. Aggressive bets, another flat, aggressive shoves all in with 2pr on the turn, and blind man says 'well I have to call don't I' (still not having look at his cards lol). He calls and has OESD but misses, so I was glad to see him out and me almost guaranteed a cash.

Shorty goes out very shortly after, I play a few hands against the aggresive player HU but then we go on break. While on break he asks if I just wanna split the prize money, I say I don't mind, so he suggests we play one more blind level and if we're still both in it, we'll split the money and I say that's fine.

At the time this seemed like a great idea cos he had 100k and I had 20k... sadly I underestimated my strength at HU and his weakness. We got back from break and I completely crushed him. This is how bad he was... he limped with AQs, I raised with 55, he 3bet and I just let it go. We both showed and he said he'd have folded to a shove because 'he put me on a small pair and didn't want a flip' despite having a massive chip lead lol.

I went on to crush him and ended up having about 70k to his 50k, without ever having to take a race, he was just mega bad. Annoyingly the blind level ended and I couldn't exactly go back on our deal lol so we both got £42.50

So not a bad night in the end :)
  • edited June 2012
    wp. How many pints you put away?

Think Splash has started well! gulppppppp

*edit.

6 x £1 midnight hypers!

Lost 3.

Won 3.

Won from 80/920. Won v an away guy. Won Q8o > KJs @ 40/80.

Torture. 

I am TERRIBLE!!!!! 
  • edited June 2012
    Cheers Doh, I actually didn't put any away cos I was driving, probably helped cos most other people were smashed lol.

So I'm the only one who hasn't played a game for June yet then? Well at least I'm in 2nd place on account of you having a -ROI lol. I'll definitely get some games in today so we're all off the mark.
  • edited June 2012
    I'm last for sure...the wheels have come off
  • edited June 2012
    I'm last for sure...the wheels have come off
    Posted by splashies
    Lol oh dear mate. So looks like I'm 1st place :P

Can we get some graphs tonight, maybe like 10pm - 11pm, to give me a chance to play some games. See how things stand.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Summary of May's Progress! : Lol oh dear mate. So looks like I'm 1st place :P
    Posted by Lambert180
    Nope :P
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 - A Tale Of 2 Bankrolls ----- Summary of May's Progress! : Can we get some graphs tonight, maybe like 10pm - 11pm

Yep :P
  • edited June 2012
    Ok, well here are my targets for June...

1. Win the ROI challenge, 5% should do the job :)

2. Play 1000+ £5 Hypers on Sky (need that for challenge anyway)

3. Play 50+ games on my other site.

I've also decided to deposite £20 of last night's winnings on to my other site, so my roll there has increased by about $30.

June Starting Stats

Sky Bankroll: £269.01 (when I get my C4P)
    ??? Bankroll: $75.10

This month rather than posting my bankroll each update, and you and me not knowing how much I'm actually up or down, I'll be posting a cumulative profit/loss for each bankroll after each update. And I'll also be posting up a cumulative total of how many games I've played on each site. I don't like to set financial targets because variance is out of my hands but I think/hope (with a bit of luck), my bankrolls by the end of June should be about...

Sky: £400
    ???:  $100

Wish me luck!
  • edited June 2012
    Well I got my first session in of the month, and got off to a nice start, would have been a bit better but in my last game, blinds were high, we had about even stacks (he had about 20 chips more than me), and we got it all in preflop... sadly AA < J7off apparently lol. Always nice to see someone flop trips against your Aces :)

So I played 17 games and won 11 of them for a £20.75 profit and a very tasty 23% ROI... nice start :p

=======================
    Sky Games Played:    17
    Sky Profit/Loss:       +£20.75

=======================

??? Games Player:     0
    ??? Profit/Loss:         £0.00
    ========================

• edited June 2012
    I'm gonna have to send a ringer in to stop your momentum! 

Let me know when you're next playing and I'll have Don raring to go! :D

Great start, hope it continues!
  • edited June 2012
    I had a 27% roi after 18 games last nite btw.... il take -50% atm.
  • edited June 2012
    Screenshottaments. 

Alright, you're crushing.

But where'z ya star???? ;)
  • edited June 2012
    Very nice Doh. I dunno though, looks like you're crushing more than me, I'd be happy if my ROI was still 17% when I get to your number of games, and you've obv crushed me on profit. Glad to see you got off to a good start.

Obviously I wanna win, that but aside, I hope you get things back on track soon Splashies, it sucks getting off to a bad start.
  • edited June 2012
    Just wanted to say I enjoy reading your postings and to wish you luck with your targets.
  • edited June 2012
    Cheers MrBurns.

I'll be getting a good session in tonight but I'm staying at my mum's so it's back to 1tabling just for tonight. Still reckon I'll be able to get 30+ games in. So lets see if I can keep up my ROI by the time I get to the 50 game mark.
  • edited June 2012
    Looks like I'm getting off to a great start to June boys lol... just a 20% ROI for this session ;)

Didn't start great for the first 3-4 games, then I went on a monster streak, think 12-13 wins in a row lol. Ended up playing 30 games in total and won 19 of them for a nice £32.50 profit.

I'm crushing :)

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     47
    Sky Profit/Loss:       +£53.25
    Poker Points:               141

=======================

========================

• edited June 2012
    Well done Lambert but with such a amazing run dosent this mean you will have to play all you poker at your Mums now lol
  • edited June 2012
    Hello all,

About an hour into tonight's session I was thinking you may be right MrBurns about playing at my mum's cos I got off to a real shocker. Tonight was a pretty massive session for me and it started off being pretty brutal. At one point I was just over £100 down, just couldn't win a race, a flip, nothing. The number of times I got it in crushing them with things like KJ v J7 or K8 v Q8 and they binked was ridiculous.

But I stuck at it, played through it, and managed to recover nearly all of it. In the end I played 92 games and won 46, so exactly 50% which meant I was £23 down. As crazy as it sounds I'm pretty happy with this result. Still means I'm up £30 in the first 3 days of the month and still means I am just short of 4% ROI which I'm very happy with considering at my low point tonight I was -5% ROI.

=======================
    Sky Games Played:     139
    Sky Profit/Loss:       +£30.25
    Poker Points:               422

=======================

========================

That is a well sick amount of poker points for 3 days!

Is it worth getting some more graphs Doh? Only if you and Splashies have played more games obv.

Paul